Deus Ex: Human Revolution Ultimate Edition also contains The Missing Link downloadable content, is published by Feral Interactive and was released on April 26, 2012.
The game is set in 2027, 25 years before the first game in the series, at a time when multinational corporations have grown in power beyond the control of national governments. The game follows Adam Jensen, the newly hired security director at Sarif Industries, a growing biotechnology firm. After terrorists brutally attack Sarif's Detroit-based headquarters, the mortally wounded Jensen is forced to undergo radical life-saving surgeries that replace large areas of his body with advanced prostheses. Returning to work, he becomes embroiled in the global politics of the human enhancement movement in the search for those responsible for the attack. A central theme to the game is the rise of corporations in globalization, espionage, human survival, poverty, and the ethics of advancing humans with artificial replacements for body parts.
The Missing Link occurs during the period of time that Adam is aboard the cargo ship from Hengsha to Singapore.
Source: Wikipedia, "Deus Ex: Human Revolution", available under the CC-BY-SA License.
Changes the Director's Cut made:
- Director's Cut Windows port uses the Wii U version, so graphics are downgraded.
- The yellow filter of the original version was removed.
- Boss fights were changed to provide the player more options.
- On the two easier difficulties, Tell Me A Story and Give Me A Challenge, two energy cells will automatically regenerate instead of one.
- New game+ added.
- All the DLC are now completely integrated into the base game