Total Annihilation: Kingdoms or TA:K is a medieval fantasy real time strategy game created and released by Cavedog Entertainment on June 25, 1999. On release, Total Annihilation: Kingdoms reached the top of the weekly game sales chart. While it was the last major title from Cavedog Entertainment, an expansion pack, "The Iron Plague", was released in 2000.
Source: Wikipedia, "Total Annihilation: Kingdoms", available under the CC-BY-SA License.
From the back of the box
Massive armies will clash. Forests and cities will burn. Tremendous magical forces will level entire castles in the blink of an eye.
In these epic quests, four immortal sibling monarchs are locked in a massive campaign to rule the land of Darien. Build your legions of armies, hone your magic skills and gather your resources to wage war on epic fields of battle.
The balance of power lies here in your hands.
- Play as the monarch of one of four unique civilizations, each with its own combat strategies.
- Command vast armies of skeletal archers, undead foot soldiers, magic-casting wizards and dragon riders.
- Campaign through 3D environments that include lush forests, marshes, rolling hills and swamps.
- Lay siege to castles and cities filled with wandering monsters and magical life forms.
- Hardware support provides enhanced graphics and special effects.
- Play FREE on Cavedog Entertainment's Boneyards, a new online gaming community.