Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
206 Posts
[1]  Prev «  5 , 6 , 7 , 8 , 9  Next »  [9] | 

Pathfinder Society Scenario 3-00 Intro 3: A Vision of Betrayal» Forums » Play By Forum

Subject: [IC][PFS] Full Run rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
United States
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sorry once again! I thought I had responded to this thread, but I guess not. *mired in subscriptions*

Cambria discovers that Darice often lends a hand to the town’s elderly male residents, and some suggest that she longs for a father figure.
Small Otti values his coin, for he has many mouths to feed—most importantly, his own.
Tanner enjoys his tobacco, and merchants often give him tobacco before they negotiate with him as it seems to relax him.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brent Johnson
United States
Cleveland Heights
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
Fleeting memories rise | From the shadows of my mind | Sing "nonomori" - endless corridors | Say "nonomori" - hopeless warriors | You were there | You were there
mbmbmbmbmb
Cambria says to the others, "I'm thinking we try Crazy Old Tanner. Especially if we can find some tobacco for sale somewhere. A few silver might be well spent."

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm not sure how much tobacco costs, and the module doesn't specify, so let's assume you can get some at a marginal cost.

Now, to negotiate, I'm going to need diplo checks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brent Johnson
United States
Cleveland Heights
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
Fleeting memories rise | From the shadows of my mind | Sing "nonomori" - endless corridors | Say "nonomori" - hopeless warriors | You were there | You were there
mbmbmbmbmb
Ultimate Equipment lists a pound of tobacco for 5 sp.

Cambria buys a pound of tobacco from what passes for the local general store, and approaches Crazy Old Tanner. "We would like passage to Escadar as soon as possible. Here is a gift for you. How much will it cost us?"

Diplomacy 1d20-2 = (7) - 2 = 5

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 428260. Brent Johnson
  • 1d20-2 =
  • (7) - 2 =
  • Diplomacy
  • Thu Sep 12, 2013 3:44 am
United States
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Tanner glances an eye at Cambria, thinks for a long while, and curtly answers 350 silver.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Also, I'm pretty sure you don't need to buy the full pound, though not smoking Tobacco, I'm not sure how much is needed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Austin Fleming
United States
West Covina
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Grunn sputters with outrage. "350? That's robbery! C'mon let's go find someone who wants some business!"

Diplomacy (Haggle): 1d20-3 = (4) - 3 = 1
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 428288. anoirtrou
  • 1d20-3 =
  • (4) - 3 =
  • Diplomacy (Haggle):
  • Thu Sep 12, 2013 4:53 am
United States
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ah! No one mentioned dwarveses. 450 in that case.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brent Johnson
United States
Cleveland Heights
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Cambria sighs. "I'm not really interested in haggling. Nester, is 350 silver a reasonable fare for passage across the channel?"

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I am afraid I do not know, never having been to this region before. The prices may be inflated due to lack of competition, though.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brent Johnson
United States
Cleveland Heights
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Cambria sighs again. "All right. 350 silver. I presume you'll take 35 gold instead. Deal?"

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Austin Fleming
United States
West Covina
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Grunn pulls Cambria aside. "Shouldn't we at least talk te the other captains? Meybe we ken get a better deal."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brent Johnson
United States
Cleveland Heights
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Cambria shrugs, and says to Grunn (albeit loudly enough for Tanner to overhear), "If you want to talk with the other captains, that's fine with me. I just don't want to waste a lot of time."

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
To speed things up, you guys can make 2 diplomacy checks, one for each of the captains.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Smith
United States
Erie
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Figures the three of us who are left are horrible at diplomacy.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brent Johnson
United States
Cleveland Heights
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Einroy wrote:
Figures the three of us who are left are horrible at diplomacy.
That's why I didn't want to bother with haggling.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Austin Fleming
United States
West Covina
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Grunn stomps up to Small Otti. "How much te hire yer ship? I'll throw in all the fish I ken catch along the way."

Diplomacy: 1d20-3 = (17) - 3 = 14

He then goes over to Darice. "Hello, young lady. Care te take an old dwarf 'n his friends te the island?"

Diplomacy: 1d20-3 = (13) - 3 = 10
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 428878. anoirtrou
  • 1d20-3 =
  • (17) - 3 =
  • Diplomacy:
  • Fri Sep 13, 2013 3:17 am
  • [+]
  • 428882. anoirtrou
  • 1d20-3 =
  • (13) - 3 =
  • Diplomacy:
  • Fri Sep 13, 2013 3:19 am
United States
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Otti asks for 35 gold, and Darice asks for 45.

Otti takes you swiftly to Escadar, the war port of Absalom, located on the Isle of Erran north of Kortos. Looking around, you see that there are very few mercheant ships here, but more warships than you've ever seen. Asking around, you discover that Escadar houses Absalom’s navy and is strategically placed away from Absalom’s treacherous Flotsam Graveyard. A mix of humans and gillmen walk around the docks, doing their business.

Looking around, you soon find the Grindylow's Goblet, a waterfront tavern on the docks. The sounds of a busy tavern echo off the wooden walls of this unusual building. Resting precariously over Escadar’s harbor, the Grindylow’s Goblet offers an unequaled view of the water. In the bar’s center, a thick glass aquarium presents a striking display. Within the tank, a coral statue of a goblin with the lower body of an octopus hosts a school of colorful fish that flit about the nooks and crannies of its tentacles.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Austin Fleming
United States
West Covina
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Grunn smiles and strides over to a table where he has a good view of the tavern and his back to the wall. He calls out to a serving girl as he removes his helmet and sets it and his shield down within easy reach.

"Ales, darlin'! Dwarven if ye have them, and plates o' whatever ye have roasting on the spit!" he says as he points to himself and his companions, including Nestor.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brent Johnson
United States
Cleveland Heights
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Cambria approaches the bartender. "Where can we find a runner to the Low Azlanti embassy?"

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Smith
United States
Erie
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Torbril stands against the wall behind Grenn. Strange towns still make him uncomfortable.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Austin Fleming
United States
West Covina
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
While waiting for their food and drink, Grunn turns to Nestor.

"Do ye know when these Gillmen are supposed te meet us?"
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brent Johnson
United States
Cleveland Heights
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Cambria prowls the tavern restlessly, thinking about the reputation of the Aspis Consortium. She looks for any indications that they might have something unpleasant planned for the group, such as scrying devices, and she eyes both the patrons and the servers suspiciously.

Detect Magic
Take 20 with Perception +4.
Take 20 with Sense Motive +7.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Smith
United States
Erie
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Bump
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
As the Pathfinders sit down, Nester unveils the artifact they're about to trade - what looks to be half of an orb, the other half of which looks like it was sheared off.

Here's what we're trading, its some sort of an orb that's been torn. It doesn't do anything, but the inscriptions identify the bearer as a noble of Azlant, which leads us to believe it is valuable. Nester tells the Pathfinders, showing the inscription on the hemisphere, and then to the rays emanating from a point on the hemisphere.

The gillmen say they have some sort of a moving tablet. They weren't very precise, but we scoured through the catalogues to see if we could find something similar, but had no success. That's why we're so interested in this artifact. he explains.

In a few minutes, two Gillmen enter the bar, and, seeing the Pathfinders, head towards them.

Greetings, Pathfinders. I am Shoalo. Shoalo places many small tablets (each the size of a scrabble tile) on the table, tablets which stick to each other, forming one large tablet. Shoalo moves one of the small tablets, which cause the whole thing to rearrange. He looks towards Nestor, who places the hemisphere on the table.

I must examine this artifact, Shoalo, in order to assure it is genuine. Nester motions to the Pathfinders to join him in appraising the Gillmen's artifacts.

Everyone can make appraise checks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
[1]  Prev «  5 , 6 , 7 , 8 , 9  Next »  [9] |