Recommend
5 
 Thumb up
 Hide
206 Posts
[1]  Prev «  4 , 5 , 6 , 7 , 8  Next »  [9] | 

Pathfinder Society Scenario 3-00 Intro 3: A Vision of Betrayal» Forums » Play By Forum

Subject: [IC][PFS] Full Run rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Brent Johnson
United States
Cleveland Heights
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
Fleeting memories rise | From the shadows of my mind | Sing "nonomori" - endless corridors | Say "nonomori" - hopeless warriors | You were there | You were there
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
So if we take a watch, does that mean that one of our checks doesn't get the bonus for being in the wagon?

3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Austin Fleming
United States
West Covina
California
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Grunn sits back, his preparations already done before he started out on this excursion.

Survival: (DC15) 1d20+9 = (3) + 9 = 12

Fort 1: 1d20+5+5+4 = (16) + 5 + 5 + 4 = 30 (subtract 5 for being outside on watch=25)
Fort 2: 1d20+5+5+4 = (5) + 5 + 5 + 4 = 19
Fort 3: 1d20+5+5+4 = (2) + 5 + 5 + 4 = 16
Fort 4: 1d20+5+5+4 = (17) + 5 + 5 + 4 = 31
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 407315. anoirtrou
  • 1d20+9 =
  • (3) + 9 =
  • 12
  • Survival: (DC15)
  • Fri Aug 2, 2013 12:32 am
  • [+]
  • 407318. anoirtrou
  • 1d20+5+5+4 =
  • (16) + 5 + 5 + 4 =
  • 30
  • Fort 1:
  • Fri Aug 2, 2013 12:35 am
  • [+]
  • 407319. anoirtrou
  • 1d20+5+5+4 =
  • (5) + 5 + 5 + 4 =
  • 19
  • Fort 2:
  • Fri Aug 2, 2013 12:35 am
  • [+]
  • 407320. anoirtrou
  • 1d20+5+5+4 =
  • (2) + 5 + 5 + 4 =
  • 16
  • Fort 3:
  • Fri Aug 2, 2013 12:36 am
  • [+]
  • 407321. anoirtrou
  • 1d20+5+5+4 =
  • (17) + 5 + 5 + 4 =
  • 31
  • Fort 4:
  • Fri Aug 2, 2013 12:36 am
United States
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm assuming you stay inside, but keep poking your heads outside the doorways. Keep your bonus.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brent Johnson
United States
Cleveland Heights
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
Fleeting memories rise | From the shadows of my mind | Sing "nonomori" - endless corridors | Say "nonomori" - hopeless warriors | You were there | You were there
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Cambria Survival 1d20+3 = (9) + 3 = 12

Fortitude Save 1d20+5+5+4 = (19) + 5 + 5 + 4 = 33
Fortitude Save 1d20+5+5+4 = (14) + 5 + 5 + 4 = 28
Fortitude Save 1d20+5+5+4 = (19) + 5 + 5 + 4 = 33
Fortitude Save 1d20+5+5+4 = (14) + 5 + 5 + 4 = 28

3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 407348. Brent Johnson
  • 1d20+3 =
  • (9) + 3 =
  • 12
  • Survival
  • Fri Aug 2, 2013 2:17 am
  • [+]
  • 407349. Brent Johnson
  • 1d20+5+5+4 =
  • (19) + 5 + 5 + 4 =
  • 33
  • Fortitude Save
  • Fri Aug 2, 2013 2:18 am
  • [+]
  • 407350. Brent Johnson
  • 1d20+5+5+4 =
  • (14) + 5 + 5 + 4 =
  • 28
  • Fortitude Save
  • Fri Aug 2, 2013 2:18 am
  • [+]
  • 407351. Brent Johnson
  • 1d20+5+5+4 =
  • (19) + 5 + 5 + 4 =
  • 33
  • Fortitude Save
  • Fri Aug 2, 2013 2:19 am
  • [+]
  • 407352. Brent Johnson
  • 1d20+5+5+4 =
  • (14) + 5 + 5 + 4 =
  • 28
  • Fortitude Save
  • Fri Aug 2, 2013 2:19 am
Scott Smith
United States
Erie
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Survival 1d20 = (10) = 10

Fortsaves 1d20 + 7 = (3) + 7 = 10
1d20 + 7 = (7) + 7 = 14
1d20 + 7 = (9) + 7 = 16
1d20 + 7 = (17) + 7 = 24
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 410141. Einroy
  • 1d20 =
  • (10) =
  • 10
  • Survival
  • Wed Aug 7, 2013 3:37 pm
  • [+]
  • 410142. Einroy
  • 1d20 + 7 =
  • (3) + 7 =
  • 10
  • Fortsaves
  • Wed Aug 7, 2013 3:39 pm
  • [+]
  • 410143. Einroy
  • 1d20 + 7 =
  • (7) + 7 =
  • 14
  • Wed Aug 7, 2013 3:39 pm
  • [+]
  • 410144. Einroy
  • 1d20 + 7 =
  • (9) + 7 =
  • 16
  • Wed Aug 7, 2013 3:39 pm
  • [+]
  • 410145. Einroy
  • 1d20 + 7 =
  • (17) + 7 =
  • 24
  • Wed Aug 7, 2013 3:39 pm
United States
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Torbril nonlethal damage 3d6 = (3 + 1 + 1) = 5which is so little it heals by the time you reach the statue mentioned below.


The adventurers wake up after a cold night, and start travelling again. The weather is still cold, but not freezing, and, at around midday, Nestor sees a light glinting from a ledge.

Look! There's some sort of a statue on that cliff face. he yells out.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 410384. Dutys_Fist
  • 3d6 =
  • (3 + 1 + 1) =
  • 5
  • Torbril nonlethal damage
  • Wed Aug 7, 2013 11:49 pm
Austin Fleming
United States
West Covina
California
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Grunn peers up to see what Nestor is pointing at.

"De ye think it's something important?"

Perception: 1d20+8 = (8) + 8 = 16
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 410978. anoirtrou
  • 1d20+8 =
  • (8) + 8 =
  • 16
  • Perception:
  • Fri Aug 9, 2013 12:34 am
United States
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Grunn also sees the statue, but its far away such that he can't make out any detail.

Perhaps if they climbed up to see it better?
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brent Johnson
United States
Cleveland Heights
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
Fleeting memories rise | From the shadows of my mind | Sing "nonomori" - endless corridors | Say "nonomori" - hopeless warriors | You were there | You were there
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Cambria examines the cliff, trying to figure out how difficult the climb might be.

3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
The cliff's grade isn't that steep. Cambria estimates a DC of somewhere between 10 and 15.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brent Johnson
United States
Cleveland Heights
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
Fleeting memories rise | From the shadows of my mind | Sing "nonomori" - endless corridors | Say "nonomori" - hopeless warriors | You were there | You were there
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Cambria stows her shield and attempts the ascent.

Climb 1d20 = (5) = 5

3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 411572. Brent Johnson
  • 1d20 =
  • (5) =
  • 5
  • Climb
  • Sat Aug 10, 2013 1:28 am
Austin Fleming
United States
West Covina
California
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Grunn watches the others climb, and waits below.

"I'll watch the supplies, and armor if any o' ye want to leave it behind fer yer climb." he starts to tell them, then rushes forwards to try and catch Cambria as she starts to slip...

Climb (aid another): 1d20-3 = (13) - 3 = 10 Not sure if this is what to roll??
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 411599. anoirtrou
  • 1d20-3 =
  • (13) - 3 =
  • 10
  • Climb (aid another):
  • Sat Aug 10, 2013 4:29 am
Scott Smith
United States
Erie
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Wondering if these peopel have ever climbed anything before. Torbril leaves his pack with Grunn and with his scythe begins climbing. Though he to realizes it is a bit steeper than he expected.


Climb 1d20 + 6 = (5) + 6 = 11
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 411709. Einroy
  • 1d20 + 6 =
  • (5) + 6 =
  • 11
  • Climb
  • Sat Aug 10, 2013 3:30 pm
United States
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Austin, if you want to stop Cambria from falling, you have to make a melee touch attack against Cambria, and then a DC+10 climb check. That being said, because of the way this is worded, I'll give no penalty for a fall.

Torbril manages to ascend the gentle cliff face.

A small statue of a woman complete with a nearby shrine rests on the ledge. The shrine contains an ornate bowl filled with coins and gems.

Know(history or nobility) checks useful.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Austin Fleming
United States
West Covina
California
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Grunn reaches out, but he is not quite fast enough...

Touch Attack: 1d20+2 = (7) + 2 = 9
Climb (DC+10): 1d20-3 = (16) - 3 = 13
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 411886. anoirtrou
  • 1d20+2 =
  • (7) + 2 =
  • 9
  • Touch Attack:
  • Sun Aug 11, 2013 5:09 am
  • [+]
  • 411887. anoirtrou
  • 1d20-3 =
  • (16) - 3 =
  • 13
  • Climb (DC+10):
  • Sun Aug 11, 2013 5:09 am
Scott Smith
United States
Erie
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Torbril admires the statue. It certainly is a nice statue, but he'll need wiser eyes to determine who it is a statue of. He signals down for someone else to climb up. (he'll toss a rope down if necessary to help the others)
2 
 Thumb up
0.05
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Austin Fleming
United States
West Covina
California
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Grunn looks at the others as Tobril calls for assistance and the rope is lowered, then sighs and removes his armor.

"That's what's wrong with most of ye today, no respect fer what came before! I admit I prob'ly won't have much luck unless it is a Dwarven statue or that of a monster hunter of old, though..."

He takes it slow and easy, testing each foothold before continuing. When he finally reaches the ledge, he examines the statue and the shrine from all angles.

Climb (take 10): 10+2 = 10 + 2 = 12
Knowledge (History): 1d20+2 = (9) + 2 = 11 (additional +2 if is related to Dwarves)
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 412192. anoirtrou
  • 10+2 =
  • 10 + 2 =
  • 12
  • Climb (take 10):
  • Mon Aug 12, 2013 12:48 am
  • [+]
  • 412193. anoirtrou
  • 1d20+2 =
  • (9) + 2 =
  • 11
  • Knowledge (History):
  • Mon Aug 12, 2013 12:49 am
United States
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Grunn recognizes the style of the lady's clothes as being high Taldan fashion a long time ago.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Austin Fleming
United States
West Covina
California
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
"I can't tell ye much about this 'cept it's Taldan and it's very old. Best not te disturb it."

Since it never hurts to have a little divine aid, he drops a few gold in the bowl before slowly making his way back down the rope and donning his armor.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brent Johnson
United States
Cleveland Heights
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
Fleeting memories rise | From the shadows of my mind | Sing "nonomori" - endless corridors | Say "nonomori" - hopeless warriors | You were there | You were there
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
No injuries to Cambria, even though no one caught her?

Saying nothing, Cambria removes her armor and climbs the slope more carefully. (Taking 10 with Climb +2.) The grim look on her face demonstrates that she's doing it more to prove that she can than because she's curious about the statue. However, her face softens when she sees the statue. There's something...sad...about it.

She drops a gold piece into the bowl and carefully climbs back down. Still in silence, she puts her armor back on.



3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Smith
United States
Erie
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Torbril watches as Grunn and Cambria toss gold into the pool. "Bah, superstitious nonsense" and turns to climb back down the slope. After a few steps , he stops, returns to the pool, and checking to see that no one is watching, tosses in a gold coin. He then resumes his descent.
3 
 Thumb up
0.04
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
And what will Siobhan be doing?
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
It seems that we have another player down. Thus, we're at 3 players left.

The party camps once more in the mountains, but the next day, they reach the end of the mountain range, and come across a large bog.

Thick blobs of fog dance in between large tickets as the foul stench of swamp gas pollutes the air. Several exotic species of vines twist along the vapor-shrouded path, creating an ethereal seeming tangle. At random intervals, a splash of fetid water sounds in the distance, signaling the presence of frogs or other bog creatures.

Progress is noticeably slower here, and the Pathfinders are forced to camp for a night in a small islet in the swamp, before continuing again. The muck and swamp is still present, although the thick rolling fog begins to disperse.

At around midday, the party comes to a large log resting across the dirt path, standing five feet tall. A moldering wood door covers one of the hollow ends of the log, and a makeshift mud chimney emits a thin wisp of blue smoke. From behind the crude house come the sound of someone humming an off-key tune.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Austin Fleming
United States
West Covina
California
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Grunn marches around the side of the log towards the whistling. He has weapon and shield in hand, but he holds them at ease, trying not to be threatening.

"G'Day to ye! I didn't expect te see anyone all the way out here."
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Smith
United States
Erie
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Torbril hangs back, following Grunn at a distance, ready to charge in if he encounters trouble.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
[1]  Prev «  4 , 5 , 6 , 7 , 8  Next »  [9] |