Recommend
5 
 Thumb up
 Hide
206 Posts
[1]  Prev «  3 , 4 , 5 , 6 , 7  Next »  [9] | 

Pathfinder Society Scenario 3-00 Intro 3: A Vision of Betrayal» Forums » Play By Forum

Subject: [IC][PFS] Full Run rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Brent Johnson
United States
Cleveland Heights
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
Fleeting memories rise | From the shadows of my mind | Sing "nonomori" - endless corridors | Say "nonomori" - hopeless warriors | You were there | You were there
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Cambria swings her weapon again.

Attack 1d20+2+2 = (5) + 2 + 2 = 9 Damage 1d8+2 = (7) + 2 = 9

3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 403670. Brent Johnson
  • 1d20+2+2 =
  • (5) + 2 + 2 =
  • 9
  • Attack
  • Thu Jul 25, 2013 10:15 pm
  • [+]
  • 403671. Brent Johnson
  • 1d8+2 =
  • (7) + 2 =
  • 9
  • Damage
  • Thu Jul 25, 2013 10:15 pm
Austin Fleming
United States
West Covina
California
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Grunn leaps forward, coming down with an overhand smash on the beast's ugly head.

Attack (w/flank): 1d20+4+2 = (4) + 4 + 2 = 10
Smash! 1d8+2 = (7) + 2 = 9

I hate this new dice roller, and I think the feeling's mutual...
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 403692. anoirtrou
  • 1d20+4+2 =
  • (4) + 4 + 2 =
  • 10
  • Attack (w/flank):
  • Thu Jul 25, 2013 10:59 pm
  • [+]
  • 403693. anoirtrou
  • 1d8+2 =
  • (7) + 2 =
  • 9
  • Smash!
  • Thu Jul 25, 2013 10:59 pm
United States
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Cambria and Grunn's blows underestimate the speed of the Krenshar, and hit the ground where the Krenshar was a second ago.




X(22)[11/11]GrunnGr
(17)[-09] Krenshar
>>(15)[05/13]Siobhan (unarmored)
X(07)[11/11]Cambria
>(06)[08/11]Torbril (unarmored)


map

Siobhan is UP!
Torbril can also take his turn.

3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pocket Lint
United States
California
flag msg tools
Avatar
Well this will be weird
Siobhan drops her bow and pulls out her sword. Time to get stabby. She slices at the face of the Krenshar. I will remove your face for real!

Longsword: MBA + Flanking 1d20+3+2 = (20) + 3 + 2 = 25
Damage: 1d8 = (6) = 6


--- edit ---
Confirm attack: 1d20+5 = (16) + 5 = 21
Confirm damage: 1d8 = (3) = 3

2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 403881. pcktlnt
  • 1d20+3+2 =
  • (20) + 3 + 2 =
  • 25
  • MBA + Flanking
  • Fri Jul 26, 2013 7:23 am
  • [+]
  • 403882. pcktlnt
  • 1d8 =
  • (6) =
  • 6
  • Fri Jul 26, 2013 7:23 am
  • [+]
  • 403884. pcktlnt
  • 1d20+5 =
  • (16) + 5 =
  • 21
  • Fri Jul 26, 2013 7:25 am
  • [+]
  • 403885. pcktlnt
  • 1d8 =
  • (3) =
  • 3
  • Fri Jul 26, 2013 7:25 am
United States
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Siobhan slices the Krenshar's face off, and the Krenshar crumples to the ground.


3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
The adventurers get back to resting.
In the morning hoofbeats start to be heard from afar, hoofbeats which grow louder and louder. A trio of centaurs approach - the same trio the Pathfinders met earlier.

I see you have slain the leopard. Honor unto you. the lead centaur says to the adventurers, examining the corpse, and then stooping down to sniff it.

It is indeed the beast we were hunting. We wish to bargain for the corpse. What do you say that we provide you with these valuable fur pelts? They would surely help you keep warm as you head towards the mountains.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brent Johnson
United States
Cleveland Heights
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
Fleeting memories rise | From the shadows of my mind | Sing "nonomori" - endless corridors | Say "nonomori" - hopeless warriors | You were there | You were there
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Looking at the krenshar corpse with distaste, Cambria quickly says, "Done!"

Then, looking around at the others: "Er...if it's all right with everyone else."

3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Smith
United States
Erie
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
"Fine by me, I don't plan on dragging that carcass through the mountains"
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Austin Fleming
United States
West Covina
California
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
After the Krenshar falls, Grunn claps Siobhan on the back.
"Well struck! That's the way te show a beastie who's in charge!" he exclaims as he bends down to slice off one of the Krenshar's ears to put in his trophy bag.

When the centaurs gallop up, he nods in answer to their query.
"Sure, ye ken have the Krenshar. he states, pointing out the differences between this monster and a normal leopard to them.
2 
 Thumb up
0.05
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pocket Lint
United States
California
flag msg tools
Avatar
Siobhan nods to the centaur. Ah, first let me take two of its fang and the beast will be all yours. She quickly yanks out the two large top fangs, wipes off her sword and sheathes it, and picks up her bow to test it.

I haven't had to swing a sword in a long while, I am glad I am not rusty with one.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Ah! A Krenshar. That would explain many things... the lead centaur muses. I have never seen a krenshar here before

The centaurs leave you with pelts, and then hurry off as they drag off the Krenshar.

The Pathfinders soon leave the forest behind them, and head into the Mountains of Korthos. As they ascend up the mountain pass, the ground starts turning to snow, but it still quite warm, being a sunny day. In the distance, they spot several large bears, none of which agress the party. The day is uneventful, but, as night approaches, the weather gets noticeably colder, and the adventurers spot a wagon half-buried in the snow.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Austin Fleming
United States
West Covina
California
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Cade holds up a hand to stop, points at himself and then the wagon and puts his finger up to his lips with a faint shush.

He starts creeping towards the wagon moving between rocks, bushes and whatever cover he can find, trying to get close enough to make sure this isn't an ambush.

Stealth: Take 10 + 12 = 22
Perception: 1d20+5 = (20) + 5 = 25
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 405107. anoirtrou
  • 1d20+5 =
  • (20) + 5 =
  • 25
  • Perception:
  • Mon Jul 29, 2013 4:24 am
Pocket Lint
United States
California
flag msg tools
Avatar
Siobhan has knocked an arrow in her bow and is watching the scene from where they are, making sure that Cade is not ambushed.

1d20+10 = (16) + 10 = 26
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 405115. pcktlnt
  • 1d20+10 =
  • (16) + 10 =
  • 26
  • Mon Jul 29, 2013 5:42 am
United States
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Cade makes it through to the wagon entrance without being ambushed. He is now at the side of the half-buried wagon. The wagon is windowless, with a doorway at each end.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Austin Fleming
United States
West Covina
California
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Cade draws his sword and listens at the door, then checks to see if it is open at all. He tries to peek inside, opening it just a crack as quietly as he can if it is not already.

If he hears and sees nothing, he will wave to the group to join him and search the wagon.

Perception: 1d20+5 = (9) + 5 = 14
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 405385. anoirtrou
  • 1d20+5 =
  • (9) + 5 =
  • 14
  • Perception:
  • Mon Jul 29, 2013 8:18 pm
United States
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
The wagon doesn't have doors, only doorways.

Cade looks inside the wagon, but finds it devoid of anything of value. The wagon was horse-driven, but the horses are nowhere to be seen. The wagon is made of flimsy wood, but it does have a small stove and a pile of wood inside, which could be used for warmth.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
bump.

Night approaches.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Austin Fleming
United States
West Covina
California
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Grunn suddenly snaps out of his sudden identity crisis, and shouts out, "There's nothing here! I guess we ken settle here fer the night, there's some wood fer a fire."

Sorry, I don't know how I mixed up my halfling rogue for my dwarven inquisitor. Perils of too many PbF's at once...
blush
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
And for some reason, I didn't notice anything wrong. I'm also playing too many PbF's, so Cade doesn't seem unusual.

Might I suggest that everyone puts on cold weather gear? Is anyone going to light the stove?

Where is everyone else sleeping?



Grunn, looking inside the wagon, sees two frozen human bodies in the back corner of the wagon.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brent Johnson
United States
Cleveland Heights
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
Fleeting memories rise | From the shadows of my mind | Sing "nonomori" - endless corridors | Say "nonomori" - hopeless warriors | You were there | You were there
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Cambria peers into the wagon. "Here is a sad tale, it seems." She looks around for a supply of stones. The ground is likely too hard for a proper burial, but if there are stones, cairns may be possible.

Perception 1d20+4 = (17) + 4 = 21

Question: How many sleeping people will fit inside the wagon?

2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 406988. Brent Johnson
  • 1d20+4 =
  • (17) + 4 =
  • 21
  • Perception
  • Thu Aug 1, 2013 12:54 pm
United States
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
5.

The ground is quite stony, but these stones are topped with several feet of snow.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brent Johnson
United States
Cleveland Heights
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
Fleeting memories rise | From the shadows of my mind | Sing "nonomori" - endless corridors | Say "nonomori" - hopeless warriors | You were there | You were there
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Cambria says, "I wish we could provide a proper burial for these people, but I don't see how conditions will permit that. Perhaps we could bury them temporarily under the wagon? Maybe something here will help identify them so that we can notify next of kin.

"In the meantime, it looks like with one person on watch, the rest of us can sleep inside for the night."


2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Austin Fleming
United States
West Covina
California
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Grunn hadn't noticed the cold before, due to his dwarven resilience and the exertion of climbing, but he realizes the need to bundle up before they sleep. After doing so, he pulls the bodies out and cleans up the interior, building a fire in the stove after making sure there is clear ventilation for the smoke.

"I'll take first watch." he states as he settles down to munch on some hardtack.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brent Johnson
United States
Cleveland Heights
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
Fleeting memories rise | From the shadows of my mind | Sing "nonomori" - endless corridors | Say "nonomori" - hopeless warriors | You were there | You were there
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Cambria says, "Wake me for the second watch."

2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Soon, night falls, and it becomes deathly cold. Thankfully, the wagon saves everyone from the brunt of the freezing temperatures.

Everyone needs to make 4 DC 15 fortitude saves, with a +4 bonus for being in the wagon. Those who wear cold weather outfits get an additional +5 bonus. The pelts can be made into a cold weather outfit with a DC 15 craft(clothing) check.

Anyone can attempt a DC 15 Survival check to prepare for the cold in miscellaneous manners - on a success, gain a +4 bonus to the saves, and for each pt above the DC, you can bestow the bonus on someone else.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
[1]  Prev «  3 , 4 , 5 , 6 , 7  Next »  [9] |