Recommend
5 
 Thumb up
 Hide
206 Posts
[1]  Prev «  1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [9] | 

Pathfinder Society Scenario 3-00 Intro 3: A Vision of Betrayal» Forums » Play By Forum

Subject: [IC][PFS] Full Run rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Brent Johnson
United States
Cleveland Heights
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
Fleeting memories rise | From the shadows of my mind | Sing "nonomori" - endless corridors | Say "nonomori" - hopeless warriors | You were there | You were there
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Cambria looks up sharply. "Why would you want us to let you know if we come across it? Are you hunting it?

"If you are concerned about us competing for the glory of the kill, have no fear on that account. We just want to pass through."


Sense Motive 1d20+7 = (10) + 7 = 17

3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 387781. Brent Johnson
  • 1d20+7 =
  • (10) + 7 =
  • 17
  • Sense Motive
  • Wed Jun 26, 2013 1:49 am
United States
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Cambria senses that they are indeed hunting the leopard.

Please, someone roll a diplomacy.


Very minor advice that doesn't spoil anything:
Spoiler (click to reveal)
If anyone happens to speak Sylvan, they should speak up in that language.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pocket Lint
United States
California
flag msg tools
Avatar
I totally apologize. I forgot to subscribe to this version and was wondering why we were not posting. Derp moment.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pocket Lint
United States
California
flag msg tools
Avatar
Siobhan's ears prick up when she hears that they are hunting. She starts speaking to them and sharing knowledge of leopards with them. In an attempt to be friendly. You know, leopards are exceptional climbers and highly intelligent. One time, my hunting party found a leopard lying on the side of the road. A member assumed it was dead and approached. It was the last thing Vish ever did... Siobhan continues to share knowledge of leopards.


Knowledge Nature: 1d20+4 = (17) + 4 = 21
Diplomacy: 1d20-1 = (17) - 1 = 16

By the way, I forgot Siobhan is kind of low in diplomacy. So I didn't actually think this through.


--- edit ---
Yay, not too bad
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 388407. pcktlnt
  • 1d20-1 =
  • (17) - 1 =
  • 16
  • Thu Jun 27, 2013 2:36 am
  • [+]
  • 388409. pcktlnt
  • 1d20+4 =
  • (17) + 4 =
  • 21
  • Thu Jun 27, 2013 2:36 am
United States
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Indeed! Leopards can be dangerous, and this one is no normal leopard. It seems to be more intelligent than an animal should. It even tried to lure us into an ambush. We are patrolling this area, and hunting the leopard before it causes damage.

Be wary as you head through the mountains - if you see the leopard, make sure to kill it. Here, take this spear, you might need it. Also, take these goodberries. They might aid you in time of need
the centaur says, handing the adventurers a masterwork longspear and 8 berries enchanted by the goodberry spell.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pocket Lint
United States
California
flag msg tools
Avatar
Siobhan bows to the centaurs. May your prey never see you coming.


Whenever the party parts from the centaurs, she will shout to the centaurs, Remember to look up!
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Austin Fleming
United States
West Covina
California
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
"Thank ye! Don't worry, if we come across this beast, we'll make sure it won't hurt anyone agin!" Grunn offers with a grim smile and a salute as they part company.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
As the centaurs depart, the Pathfinders press on, and soon enter the forest. As daylight starts to fade, the sound of running water echoes ahead, and several muted beams of light pierce the thick forest canopy. Soon the dense forest opens, revealing a fast-moving river that blocks the way forward. A large felled tree trunk offers a way over the swift moving river. With the exception of the rushing sound of the water, an eerie silence pervades the area, as does the fresh smell of death - a half-eaten carcass of a deer lies on the bank of the river.

The day is late, and you will soon have to make camp, but a few more hours of travelling time remain.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Austin Fleming
United States
West Covina
California
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
As they travel through the forest, Grunn hunts down some small game and looks for edible plants for his dinner.

Once they reach the stream he looks around warily, then examines the deer from a short distance away. How old is the kill, and is the creature that was eating it still in the area?

Survival (hunting): 1d20+8 = (9) + 8 = 17 add +1, survival is +9 = enough food for 5 people
Perception: 1d20+8 = (7) + 8 = 15
Survival (deer details): 1d20+9 = (15) + 9 = 24

2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 389855. anoirtrou
  • 1d20+8 =
  • (9) + 8 =
  • 17
  • Survival (hunting):
  • Sat Jun 29, 2013 2:31 am
  • [+]
  • 389857. anoirtrou
  • 1d20+9 =
  • (15) + 9 =
  • 24
  • Survival (deer details):
  • Sat Jun 29, 2013 2:32 am
  • [+]
  • 389858. anoirtrou
  • 1d20+8 =
  • (7) + 8 =
  • 15
  • Perception:
  • Sat Jun 29, 2013 2:33 am
United States
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Grunn sees several slash marks on the deer carcass, and sees that the blood is still fresh. It was probably killed by a feline earlier today. He can see faint paw prints on the ground approaching the river.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Smith
United States
Erie
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Torbril approaches the carcass. Seeing the claw marks he turns to Grunn. "You think that's the kitty the horse-men were looking for's work." He scans the area. "Any idea where it went"
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Austin Fleming
United States
West Covina
California
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Grunn whispers " 't looks like towards the river, but remember, this is a tricky beast. Keep a sharp eye out in all directions."

He moves cautiously forwards, shield raised and one hand free to use the Earth's Blood should he see any sign of movement.

Perception: 1d20+8 = (20) + 8 = 28
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 390403. anoirtrou
  • 1d20+8 =
  • (20) + 8 =
  • 28
  • Perception:
  • Sun Jun 30, 2013 8:07 pm
United States
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Grunn sees a black cat with violet eyes on the other side of the river, watching him. The cat sees Grunn see her, and runs away deeper into the forest.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Austin Fleming
United States
West Covina
California
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
How far away is the cat? Could Grunn have fired his Acid Ray (30' range) if he got initiative before the cat fled?

If so, Initiative: 1d20+2 = (3) + 2 = 5
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 390686. anoirtrou
  • 1d20+2 =
  • (3) + 2 =
  • 5
  • Initiative:
  • Mon Jul 1, 2013 7:41 am
United States
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
The cat is positioned 35 ft away from the opposing bank, so no. Sorry.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Austin Fleming
United States
West Covina
California
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
"There it goes!" Grunn calls out pointing at the fleeing feline.

"Interestin', ye don't usually see one wit' violet eyes..." he muses.

Knowledge (Nature): 1d20+9 = (8) + 9 = 17 to see what he might know about the animal
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 390988. anoirtrou
  • 1d20+9 =
  • (8) + 9 =
  • 17
  • Knowledge (Nature):
  • Mon Jul 1, 2013 6:29 pm
United States
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Grunn
Grunn realizes that this creature is not a leopard, but a creature called a Krenshar. It's more vicious then a leopard, but Grunn can't rembember exactly why.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pocket Lint
United States
California
flag msg tools
Avatar
Shall we go after it? Is it trying to lead us into a trap?

Siobhan will also use her nature knowledge to see if she knows anything about the Krenshar. 1d20+4 = (1) + 4 = 5

--- edit ---
Siobhan realizes she has no clue what a Krenshar is and only with Grunn's description that she would place it in the feline category. SAD!
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 391201. pcktlnt
  • 1d20+4 =
  • (1) + 4 =
  • 5
  • Tue Jul 2, 2013 1:36 am
Brent Johnson
United States
Cleveland Heights
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
Fleeting memories rise | From the shadows of my mind | Sing "nonomori" - endless corridors | Say "nonomori" - hopeless warriors | You were there | You were there
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Cambria says, "Does it matter? Our way leads forward."

3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
You can cross the log with an acrobatics check, or try swimming across with a swim check.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brent Johnson
United States
Cleveland Heights
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
Fleeting memories rise | From the shadows of my mind | Sing "nonomori" - endless corridors | Say "nonomori" - hopeless warriors | You were there | You were there
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Cambria says, "Does anyone have a rope? If I'm going to try to walk across on that log, I'd really like it if someone could haul me back in case I fall in."

3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I certainly don't Nestor replies, after looking through his pockets.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pocket Lint
United States
California
flag msg tools
Avatar
I have rope and a climber's kit.

Siobhan starts pulling out rope from the backpack and hands it out.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Austin Fleming
United States
West Covina
California
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Grunn looks around suspiciously. "I don't like havin' that thing stalkin' us! I know there's somethin' I'm forgetting about the beast. I wish I could remember!

I'm not very good with balancing acts either. Maybe I should go last, so the rest o' ye can be ready to pull me out. This armor is very heavy..."
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pocket Lint
United States
California
flag msg tools
Avatar
Siobhan assists Cambria in constructing a rope harness. Rope here. Rope there. Loopy loo. Through and through. Up and under around the waist. Around the legs. And done.

Survival: 1d20+5 = (18) + 5 = 23
2 
 Thumb up
0.05
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 391288. pcktlnt
  • 1d20+5 =
  • (18) + 5 =
  • 23
  • Tue Jul 2, 2013 6:44 am
[1]  Prev «  1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [9] |