Recommend
5 
 Thumb up
 Hide
206 Posts
1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [9] | 

Pathfinder Society Scenario 3-00 Intro 3: A Vision of Betrayal» Forums » Play By Forum

Subject: [IC][PFS] Full Run rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
United States
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Welcome to Dutys_Fist’s A Vision of Betrayal Full Run
This is a RPGGeek Pathfinder Society Guild game.


IC Thread

OOC Thread

Players:
Moof Zro
msg tools
mb

Scott Smith
United States
Erie
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb

Austin Fleming
United States
West Covina
California
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb

Pocket Lint
United States
California
flag msg tools
Avatar

Brent Johnson
United States
Cleveland Heights
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
Fleeting memories rise | From the shadows of my mind | Sing "nonomori" - endless corridors | Say "nonomori" - hopeless warriors | You were there | You were there
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb


This thread is specifically for IN CHARACTER actions and conversations. Please BOLD and color-in anything your PC is saying. Ideally, each PC will have their own color. Describe PC actions in regular color and regular text.
Any aside comments to the party or GM should be in GRAY


If you are just browsing this thread and have questions or want to get in on a sanctioned Society game, check out our guild here.
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Characters:


Character Levels Player

[article=]Cambria[/article] Cleric 1 Brent Johnston 55886-11
[article=]Grunn Grunyargun[/article] Inquisitor 1 anoirtrou 36699-9
[article=]Torbril[/article] Fighter 1 Einroy 4452-2
[article=]Siobhan[/article] Ranger 1 pcktlnt 84586-1
[article=]Rax Skye[/article] Paladin 1 moofasha 84571-1

4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Reserved.
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
You enter the Grand Lodge of Skyfall, in Absalom, the headquarters of the Pathfinder Society. It is here taht you were told to meet in order to recieve your next mission.

As you enter and identify yourselves, you are taken to a meeting room. There, a wiry old man with a wild gray beard and glinting eyes sits on a large bench, next to a finely dressed, full-figured woman who looks as though this entire meeting isn’t worth her time.




Ah! Welcome, Pathfinders. Please, take a seat and make yourselves feel at home. I am Drandle Dreng, Venture Captain, and I am here to brief you on your mission. I'd like to introduce you to the Lady Gloriana Morilla. Drandle says, gesturing towards the lady sitting next to him, who tilts her head slightly in acknowledgement of the introduction, but otherwise makes no move to greet anyone.

Dreng makes sure you are all there, and then nods to a servant, who closes the doors to the room.

“Recently, a contact from the Low Azlanti embassy in Escadar approached us with an offer. It seems they have discovered a unique relic of Azlanti origin on the Inner Sea’s floor that we have a unique opportunity to add to our collection for study. In return, however, we must deliver one of our catalogued items to Escadar in exchange. The Low Azlanti drive a hard bargain, so we need you to escort a relics broker to Escadar so he can authenticate the Azlanti item and mediate a fair deal on the Ten’s behalf. However, there are complications. The Aspis Consortium also seeks the artifact, and they have offered to purchase the relic if we fail to complete our transaction within 30 days. Normally, we sould send a boat around to Escaldar, which is the next island North of here, but there have been Aspis patrols in the area recently, which makes this operation risky. However, Lady Morilla has managed to devise a scheme to thwart the warships. DDreng says, handing the briefing off to Lady Morilla.

Lady Morilla stirs from her silence and speaks in a strong, demanding voice. “I have used some of the Empire of Taldor’s most skilled operatives to plant a false crew manifest and course plans with the harbormaster, ensuring that the Aspis Consortium spies who certainly keep an eye on such matters believe we are moving our relic to Escadar on a ship tomorrow morning. This decoy should occupy the Consortium sufficiently for you to travel overland to Escadar with plenty of time to make the final agreement with the gillmen before the Society’s window of opportunity runs out.”


"Go to the Siphons in Puddles and meet with Pathfinder Society’s ally, information broker Grandmaster Torch. He’ll give you a map for a smugglers’ trail through the isle’s center that should allow for relatively easy and secret travel overland to Escadar. The Society has hired an appraiser and relics broker named Nester Rees to verify the authenticity of the gillmen’s relic; Rees will meet up with you after your meeting with Grandmaster Torch. Do you have any more questions?"


Also, you may make Know(history) and know(geography) checks in order to find out more about the Azlanti and your destination.

4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Austin Fleming
United States
West Covina
California
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
"Normally, I wouldn't thin' much of a 'diplomatic' mission, but the last one turned out te be a fairly good time. Hopefully we'll run inta at least a little trouble..." Grunn smiles grimly.

Knowledge (History): 1d20+2 = (5) + 2 = 7 additional +2 if it has anything to do with dwarves
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 381408. anoirtrou
  • 1d20+2 =
  • (5) + 2 =
  • 7
  • Knowledge (History):
  • Fri Jun 14, 2013 4:20 am
Pocket Lint
United States
California
flag msg tools
Avatar
Siobhan sits quietly. Not a fan of how politics is always full of spies and craftiness. She recalls from her memory about the geography of these places are like: 1d20+4 = (7) + 4 = 11
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 381412. pcktlnt
  • 1d20+4 =
  • (7) + 4 =
  • 11
  • Fri Jun 14, 2013 4:41 am
United States
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Siobhan recalls that Escadar is the capital of Erran, the island directly north of Kortos (The island of which Absalom is the capital).
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brent Johnson
United States
Cleveland Heights
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
Fleeting memories rise | From the shadows of my mind | Sing "nonomori" - endless corridors | Say "nonomori" - hopeless warriors | You were there | You were there
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Cambria says, "How long an overland journey are we talking about?"

5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
The specifics, we tend to leave to Torch. Really, I'm sure that you adventurers could figure that out for yourselves, but, well, its good to keep Torch occupied. Keeps him from the important things, you see Lady Morilla replies, as Dreng frowns at her statement.
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
As the Pathfinders leave, Lady Gloriana tries starts to stand up, and reaches her arm out for assistance.
Since no one has made any more posts, I'm guessing you're done here. If I'm mistaken, keep asking questions, and I will retcon this post.
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Austin Fleming
United States
West Covina
California
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Grunn looks at the others standing around, shakes his head and offers his arm to the Lady.

"Ye don't need te worry, I think we ken handle anything that tries to get in our way!"
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Gloriana smiles thankfully at Grunn, and, now upright, beckons to Drandle to head out with a quick wave of her head, and points towards the other set of doors in the room. He rolls his eyes, and stands up as well, going to open the door for her, and they both leave. Grunn can feel the slip of paper that Gloriana slipped into his palm as he was helping her stand up.



The adventurers head over to Puddles, the district of Absalom so named from its recurrent floods and damp moisture. Splashing through the Puddles' rough-and-tumble and flooded streets, you soon find "the Siphons", an entrance to Absalom's large sewers.

Heading inside, you go a short distance until you meet a torch-bearer who recognizes you as Pathfinder Society members, and, after asking a few questions, guides you to Torch's audience chamber. A gruff half-orc guading the entrance steps aside to let you through.

Torch, a dark-haired, burn-covered man in his late-middle years sits in a large bathtub, and two attendants continually pour cool water over his cursed, festering wounds. His half-orc bodyguards eye the you warily as the Grandmaster rises to greet you and speaks.




Well met, Pathfinders. I see you have survived as the Decemvirate’s pawns thus far, and for that I commend you. This next task they have for you is more dangerous than the venture-captain may have told you, so let me give you a word of warning. I have made it my life’s work to ensure Pathfinder agents are given all the tools they need to return home from their myriad adventures, and this map is the tool I give you. Follow the directions on my map as strictly as you can. The trail will take you from Absalom through the Cairnlands and Korthos Mountains, and then through a large swamp, to Pier's End. It is a long trip, and dangerous. Keep your eye out, as you do always. It is the safest I could get.

Now, once at Pier's end, you'll need to find a boat to take you to Escadar. There, I've booked you at the Grindylow Goblin, a bar where we've agreed the transaction will take place.

Deviate from this path and you may encounter challenges far beyond your abilities. Many would paint me and those who believe like I do as betrayers of the Society, but it is the corps of the organization that I am completely loyal to. Each and every one of you.

If you believe you have been mistreated by the Ten or their representatives, don’t hesitate to let me know upon your return from Escadar. My network of agents and spies if vast, and I am a powerful ally to have on your side.

Now be off. You have a long journey ahead of you. And remember, don’t deviate from this map—it’s designed to get you there and back safely!


Grandmaster Torch sends one his attendants to grab the map, which he gives to the Pathfinders.




Now, you will be going with an appraiser of ours. NESTOR!

A man walks in, limping with a cane on his right arm.



Nestor Rees too was struck by a malady in one of his earlier adventures, which ended his career in that field. It has left his the right side of his heart weakened. We have not abandoned him, and he continues to be helpful in a safer way. He is one of our valued appraisers.


Nestor nods slightly, acknowledging this.

Well, it seems that my introduction has been made, so shall we be off, or is there anything more you have to do?




4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Smith
United States
Erie
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Torbril shuffles around in the background. Anxious to be on the road.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Austin Fleming
United States
West Covina
California
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
"If we'er goin' into the mountains, ye might want te have some climbing and cold weather gear. We ken grab some on our way out of the city." Grunn suggests to the group.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes Nestor nods, we should grab some on our way out.

Any other questions for Torch?

Also, please post intended purchases in ooc tags, or have your characters say them IC, so that we can abstract our way past the purchase part and head out as soon as we can.
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Austin Fleming
United States
West Covina
California
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
"Alright, I got me cold-weather clothing n' a dozen pitons. I'm ready te go!" Grunn says after haggling with a merchant for a few minutes, shouting and cursing, then finally tossing several gold at him, grabbing the items and stomping off.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
So, let us make purchases, and then head out! We have not much time to spare. Nestor waves goodbye to Torch, and then leaves along with the adventurers.

A few hours later, the Pathfinders start heading along the path, and soon are in the Cairnlands, a broken landscape of blood-salted earth and the ruins of countless failed assaults on Absalom’s impenetrable walls. Though the area is filled with various creatures, your journey is safe, and you encounter no such monsters.

A couple of hours later, the Cairnlands yield to open fields and fertile ground. Ahead, a vast forest covers the foothills of large range of snow-capped mountains. The well-trodden road soon ends at a tall wall of trees, signaling the end of civilization.

Heading through the plains, you come across a group of centaurs, who see you, and turn to approach.
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Austin Fleming
United States
West Covina
California
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Grunn's grip tightens on his hammer, and he squints as he tries to make out if the centaurs are making any hostile moves. His long training comes into play as he immediately starts thinking about their weak points and ways to disable or kill the creatures.

Knowledge (Nature): 1d20+9 = (7) + 9 = 16
Perception: 1d20+8 = (9) + 8 = 17
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 385917. anoirtrou
  • 1d20+9 =
  • (7) + 9 =
  • 16
  • Knowledge (Nature):
  • Fri Jun 21, 2013 10:31 pm
  • [+]
  • 385918. anoirtrou
  • 1d20+8 =
  • (9) + 8 =
  • 17
  • Perception:
  • Fri Jun 21, 2013 10:32 pm
Scott Smith
United States
Erie
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Torbril slowly drifts towards the back of the party where he can watch things unfold. Plus he doesn't want to accidently become spokesman for the group.

3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Austin Fleming
United States
West Covina
California
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Grunn snorts as the others seem to hang back fearfully.

"Hello! What dealings do ye have with us?" he calls out bluntly.

So we're letting the surly dwarf be the 'face' of the party?

Diplomacy: 1d20-3 = (13) - 3 = 10
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 386879. anoirtrou
  • 1d20-3 =
  • (13) - 3 =
  • 10
  • Diplomacy:
  • Mon Jun 24, 2013 3:41 pm
United States
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Not too shabby of Grunn. This time, he didn't make the centaur go down a notch.

We are the centaurs of Korthos, and these are our ancestral lands. You are free to move through them, so long as you don't attempt to build one of your ugly cities here. But what are you doing so far from Korthos? It is rare to see such urban creatures so far from there homes. Lost? the lead centaur replies, as the three stop next to the group.
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Austin Fleming
United States
West Covina
California
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
"Heh, now why would I want to build one o' those ugly cities up here? Much more sensible te find a nice comfy place below, where the Father meant us te be.

No, we know where we're goin', up to the mountains there."
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
A quick little bump
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Austin Fleming
United States
West Covina
California
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
"Sooooo... I don't suppose ye might know of any dangers ahead? Hazards, beasties?" Grunn continues after a long pause, during which he looks at the others questioningly.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, we've seen some sort of jaguar around. Let us know if you come across it. a different centaur replies.

The first, larger centaur glares at this other centaur, which backs up slightly and keeps silent.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [9] |