Recommend
6 
 Thumb up
 Hide
352 Posts
[1]  Prev «  1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [15] | 

Pathfinder Society Scenario 3-00 Intro 3: A Vision of Betrayal» Forums » Play By Forum

Subject: [IC][PFS] Boon Run rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
United States
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Ajyka sees several rake marks scar the carcass, suggesting a powerful feline felled this animal.
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kris Vanhoyland
Belgium
Genk
flag msg tools
designer
“The oldest and strongest emotion of mankind is fear, and the oldest and strongest kind of fear is fear of the unknown.” ― H.P. Lovecraft
badge
I have loved the stars too fondly to be fearful of the night.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
"This was the work of some kind of big cat," Ajyka says, standing by the carcass. "It's only half-eaten, still enough left for us," she announces, "anyone got a sharp knife?"

She then peers at the ground, looking for scuff marks or otherwise visible tracks.

Survival to track: 1d20+4 = (6) + 4 = 10
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 386199. Bearpaw
  • 1d20+4 =
  • (6) + 4 =
  • 10
  • Survival to track:
  • Sat Jun 22, 2013 4:20 pm
United States
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Ajyka notices fresh paw indentations in the forest’s dirt floor leading to a large oak tree trunk that bridges the gap over the river.
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Unknown Ediology
United States
Tennessee
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Sorry for being scarce. Life got hectic.

Kal glances around the surrounding area as the others examine the carcass. If there was one predator around, there might be more - and Kal didn't want to be caught unawares.
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Kallizmuth sees nothing in the underbrush.
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 386351. Dutys_Fist
  • 1d20+1 =
  • (1) + 1 =
  • 2
  • GM roll
  • Sun Jun 23, 2013 3:35 am
Mario De Super
United States
San Jose
California
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Nirtram absently hands Ajyka his dagger, awestruck by the bloody carcass in front of him. "That had to be some big cat..." he clearly looks distraught.
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kris Vanhoyland
Belgium
Genk
flag msg tools
designer
“The oldest and strongest emotion of mankind is fear, and the oldest and strongest kind of fear is fear of the unknown.” ― H.P. Lovecraft
badge
I have loved the stars too fondly to be fearful of the night.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
"Ah, thanks," Ajyka says to Nirtram, and immediately starts carving into the carcass, producing some pieces of venison. "Whatever did it crossed that river, by using that log across it," Ajyka says, "we probably scared it away in the middle of its meal, but there's no sense in letting this go to waste."

Survival: 1d20+6 = (2) + 6 = 8

Ajyka puts away the pieces of meat and washes her bloodied hands in the river, before she crosses it by stepping over the log with confident strides. The woman is obviously at home in the wild.

Take 10 on acrobatics would give me 16, I assume that's enough to prevent a wet wizard?

4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 386366. Bearpaw
  • 1d20+6 =
  • (2) + 6 =
  • 8
  • Survival:
  • Sun Jun 23, 2013 5:23 am
United States
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Ajyka finds enough food for one person for a day, and successfully crosses over the logs.

The rest of the party should attempt the crossing if they want to continue on their journey.

Also, darkness is rapidly approaching. Camp here, or trek a few more hours before making camp?
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Unknown Ediology
United States
Tennessee
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Kal looks at the log and frowns. Dwarves weren't the sturdiest of souls. "Who be havin' the rope? Say we string it up by the log for better footin'. Y'know, sumthin t'hang on to."
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Karpouzian
United States
Waverly
Iowa
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Dawn takes 10 across the log for a total of 14.
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Unknown Ediology
United States
Tennessee
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Seeing that no one seems to have rope, or wish to use it to set up a hand path, Kal decides on the longer route. He quickly undoes his armor, trussles it upon his back, and begins to make the journey across the log.

Take 10 for an 11, without armor.
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Dawn and Kal both make it across the stream.
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mario De Super
United States
San Jose
California
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Nirtram looks up after being transfixed on the carcass for a few moments and sees everyone crossing the river. He shakes it off and heads across the log. Taking his time (and taking ten for a 12 acro check) he tries to move slowly across the length of the log.
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Nirtram successfully crosses the log.

Since everyone but Skagg has crossed, I'm going to assume that Skagg will follow, also taking 10 for a total of 12, which also crosses.

The adventurers find themselves on the opposite side of the log, as night still is approaching.

Will they camp by the river, or press further?
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kris Vanhoyland
Belgium
Genk
flag msg tools
designer
“The oldest and strongest emotion of mankind is fear, and the oldest and strongest kind of fear is fear of the unknown.” ― H.P. Lovecraft
badge
I have loved the stars too fondly to be fearful of the night.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
After trudging onward another half an hour through the forest until dusk sets in, Ajyka says, "This is a good a place as any to set up camp and rest for the night."

She'll then build a fire, and roast the venison she scrounged from the deer carcass for an evening meal, before she unrolls a scroll and starts to scribble in a tome. "Do we want to put out a watch?"
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Unknown Ediology
United States
Tennessee
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Kal nods, "Aye, a camp be smart thinkin'. Ah'll take the first watch for ye all. No worries!"
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
The adventurers camp down from the night, as Kal takes the first watch.

Soon, the "panther" comes, ready for a tasty meal.
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb

Init:
Skagg 1d20+2 = (13) + 2 = 15
Kall 1d20+1 = (14) + 1 = 15
Ajyka 1d20+3 = (20) + 3 = 23
Nirtram 1d20+5 = (20) + 5 = 25
Dawn 1d20+6 = (20) + 6 = 26
Jaguar 1d20+6 = (11) + 6 = 17

Jag stealth 1d20+10+5 = (18) + 10 + 5 = 33
Kal perception 1d20+1 = (6) + 1 = 7


NOTE: My reserve of 20s has been depleted for the next year.

Kall is watching the fire when, all of a sudden, he is jumped by an angry Jaguar, but thankfully, he instinctively dodges the jaguar's bite.


Jaguar bite 1d20+2 = (15) + 2 = 17
Jaguar bite dmg 1d6 = (1) = 1

Tracker:
>>(26)[11/11]Dawn
>(25)[11/11]Nirtram
>(23)[12/12]Ajyka N
(17)[-00]Jaguar
(15)[14/14]Skaggrk
(15)[09/14]Kallizm


map

Dawn, Nirtram, and Ajyka are up!
They are awakened by Kall's screams. They are lying prone, so it will take a move action to get up.

4 
 Thumb up
0.25
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 387177. Dutys_Fist
  • 1d20+2 =
  • (13) + 2 =
  • 15
  • Skagg
  • Tue Jun 25, 2013 3:23 am
  • [+]
  • 387178. Dutys_Fist
  • 1d20+1 =
  • (14) + 1 =
  • 15
  • Kall
  • Tue Jun 25, 2013 3:23 am
  • [+]
  • 387179. Dutys_Fist
  • 1d20+3 =
  • (20) + 3 =
  • 23
  • Ajyka
  • Tue Jun 25, 2013 3:23 am
  • [+]
  • 387180. Dutys_Fist
  • 1d20+5 =
  • (20) + 5 =
  • 25
  • Nirtram
  • Tue Jun 25, 2013 3:23 am
  • [+]
  • 387182. Dutys_Fist
  • 1d20+6 =
  • (20) + 6 =
  • 26
  • Dawn
  • Tue Jun 25, 2013 3:23 am
  • [+]
  • 387184. Dutys_Fist
  • 1d20+6 =
  • (11) + 6 =
  • 17
  • Jaguar
  • Tue Jun 25, 2013 3:24 am
  • [+]
  • 387185. Dutys_Fist
  • 1d20+10+5 =
  • (18) + 10 + 5 =
  • 33
  • Jag stealth
  • Tue Jun 25, 2013 3:29 am
  • [+]
  • 387186. Dutys_Fist
  • 1d20+1 =
  • (6) + 1 =
  • 7
  • Kal perception
  • Tue Jun 25, 2013 3:29 am
  • [+]
  • 387187. Dutys_Fist
  • 1d20+2 =
  • (15) + 2 =
  • 17
  • Jaguar bite
  • Tue Jun 25, 2013 3:30 am
  • [+]
  • 387188. Dutys_Fist
  • 1d6 =
  • (1) =
  • 1
  • Jaguar bite dmg
  • Tue Jun 25, 2013 3:31 am
Daniel Karpouzian
United States
Waverly
Iowa
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Oh, I think you're still moving stuff around, I'll get out
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
And, I'm done.
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mario De Super
United States
San Jose
California
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
This is my first time performing, so I still have to get the hang of it.
Bardic performance 1d20+8 = (10) + 8 = 18
Inspire Courage!

Nirtram hears the racket, looks up, and scurries to his feet and 5' to the side in order to get a better view. As shock and fear subside he smiles broadly and begins to recount what he sees, hoping to inspire his comrades.
"As the beast appeared Kal stared it down bravely. The Jaguar believed itself to find easy prey on this night, but was met with the stoic, unmovable figure of a dwarven warrior of old..."

A 1st level bard can use his performance to inspire courage in his allies (including himself), bolstering them against fear and improving their combat abilities. To be affected, an ally must be able to perceive the bard’s performance. An affected ally receives a +1 morale bonus on saving throws against charm and fear effects and a +1 competence bonus on attack and weapon damage rolls.
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 387205. mariogolbee
  • 1d20+8 =
  • (10) + 8 =
  • 18
  • Bardic performance
  • Tue Jun 25, 2013 3:51 am
Kris Vanhoyland
Belgium
Genk
flag msg tools
designer
“The oldest and strongest emotion of mankind is fear, and the oldest and strongest kind of fear is fear of the unknown.” ― H.P. Lovecraft
badge
I have loved the stars too fondly to be fearful of the night.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
With the silence of the night broken, Ajyka gets up and circles around the halfling.

The fire is still burning bright enough to provide enough light I take it? Also, my initiative modifier at the moment is +7, which doesn't really matter in this instance.
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Dawn is up*!
*No, not "the sun is rising" Dawn. Other Dawn. The one Karpouzian is playing.
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Karpouzian
United States
Waverly
Iowa
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
(Assuming Dawn is awake), Dawn will pull her scimitar (move action), and delay her standard until the creature is within reach, at which point, stabby death.
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Dawn is prone until she decides to spend an action to stand up. Unless you decide otherwise, I'm going to assume you stand up and draw a weapon as your turn.
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
[1]  Prev «  1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [15] |