Recommend
6 
 Thumb up
 Hide
352 Posts
[1]  Prev «  1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [15] | 

Pathfinder Society Scenario 3-00 Intro 3: A Vision of Betrayal» Forums » Play By Forum

Subject: [IC][PFS] Boon Run rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Kris Vanhoyland
Belgium
Genk
flag msg tools
designer
“The oldest and strongest emotion of mankind is fear, and the oldest and strongest kind of fear is fear of the unknown.” ― H.P. Lovecraft
badge
I have loved the stars too fondly to be fearful of the night.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Adressing Nestor, Ajyka says, "We will speed on our way, as soon as we get some additional supplies. I should be able to scavenge for food a bit during travelling, if we don't mind moving slightly slower."

Ajyka will then head into Absalom to buy a scroll of endure elements and some additional rations.
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeffrey Ukens
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
"Bah!" spits out Skagarrak. "What's a little cold? Aren't we toughened adventurers and seekers of danger?"


Hubris is a dangerous quality....
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
So, let us make purchases, and then head out! We have not much time to spare. Nestor waves goodbye to Torch, and then leaves along with the adventurers.

A few hours later, the Pathfinders start heading along the path, and soon are in the Cairnlands, a broken landscape of blood-salted earth and the ruins of countless failed assaults on Absalom’s impenetrable walls. Though the area is filled with various creatures, your journey is safe, and you encounter no such monsters.

A couple of hours later, the Cairnlands yield to open fields and fertile ground. Ahead, a vast forest covers the foothills of large range of snow-capped mountains. The well-trodden road soon ends at a tall wall of trees, signaling the end of civilization.

Heading through the plains, you come across a group of centaurs, who see you, and turn to approach towards you.
6 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Karpouzian
United States
Waverly
Iowa
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Dawn will pick up some iron rations, also. Distasteful, but filling.
5 
 Thumb up
0.01
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kris Vanhoyland
Belgium
Genk
flag msg tools
designer
“The oldest and strongest emotion of mankind is fear, and the oldest and strongest kind of fear is fear of the unknown.” ― H.P. Lovecraft
badge
I have loved the stars too fondly to be fearful of the night.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
"I feel that in our profession, danger usually finds us, without the need for us to go out looking for it," Ajyka answers Skagarrak. "Also, I'm used to a bit of a warmer climate."

When the centaurs approach us, Ajyka grips her staff nervously with both hands, readying herself.
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Unknown Ediology
United States
Tennessee
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
At the approach of the centaur, Kal shuffles to the front and offers the creature a raised hand in greeting. "Well met, my four-legged friend!"
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mario De Super
United States
San Jose
California
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Nirtriam smiles broadly at the centaur's approach. He flips his hood back to reveal a soft, pale face littered with freckles on its cheeks and a head of short, curly, copper-colored hair. Trotting up to Kal's side, Nirtram calls out to the centaur in Silvan. "Brother Centaur! How do you do?"
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeffrey Ukens
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Skagarrak briefly thinks to himself "They look like decent eating..." and then thinks better of it and tries to hide his expression.
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
As the three centaurs approach, one of them, slightly taller than the rest, moves to the front and starts speaking. Hail, humans! What are you doing outside of Absalom? It is unusual to see humans wander out so far from their cities. What brings you here? [language=sylvan]
Spoiler (click to reveal)
And how is it that you speak Sylvan as well?
[/language]


Feel free to make dipcy checks against the centaur.
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kris Vanhoyland
Belgium
Genk
flag msg tools
designer
“The oldest and strongest emotion of mankind is fear, and the oldest and strongest kind of fear is fear of the unknown.” ― H.P. Lovecraft
badge
I have loved the stars too fondly to be fearful of the night.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
The centaurs do not seem hostile, so Ajyka relaxes slightly, lowering her staff. She is content to let the charming halfling do the talking, only nodding at the centaur and adding in Sylvan, "We are pathfinders, knowledge is our business."
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mario De Super
United States
San Jose
California
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Dutys_Fist wrote:
As the three centaurs approach, one of them, slightly taller than the rest, moves to the front and starts speaking. Hail, humans! What are you doing outside of Absalom? It is unusual to see humans wander out so far from their cities. What brings you here? [language=sylvan]
Spoiler (click to reveal)
And how is it that you speak Sylvan as well?
[/language]


Feel free to make dipcy checks against the centaur.

Nirtram makes a bow and looks to the centaur with glee.
"Well, friend, we are simply friendly Pathfinders traveling to meet up with the Gilmen of Atzlan for we have many things to discuss. We seek knowledge from all whom are willing to share. Besides, we only have one actual Human with us!

Say, would you mind sharing a drink or two some time when I come back through here? If not, perhaps a glass of wine now? I would simply LOVE to here some tales from a a fine woodland fellow such as yourself!"

Diplomacy check 1d20+7 = (3) + 7 = 10
Spoiler (click to reveal)
I am Nirtram Nettlespring,a poet at my very core. Some of the best poetry can be found by observing nature. When a halfling bard observes nature long enough, how would he not pursue Sylvan? I have memorized some beautiful poems from all manner of woodland beings. Would you care to hear something I learned from a Dryad once?


Nirtram looks quickly around for a place to stand. He sees a small boulder to his left and trots over to it, climbs up, clears his throat, and becomes engages in thought. With his hands gently clasped together he begins to recite...
Spoiler (click to reveal)
'Twas the summer solstice and the night was as warm as a Tien hot spring. Your vines moved through my hair as if they were a gentle breeze flowing through the bows of an ancient oak. Light filled my core and love flowed into my life. But alas, the fire from the reptilian heathens crept toward us and then over you, and now, my heart remains scorched and blackened until I have my revenge...

Perform oratory 1d20+8 = (7) + 8 = 15
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 385202. mariogolbee
  • 1d20+7 =
  • (3) + 7 =
  • 10
  • Diplomacy check
  • Thu Jun 20, 2013 11:10 pm
  • [+]
  • 385204. mariogolbee
  • 1d20+8 =
  • (7) + 8 =
  • 15
  • Perform oratory
  • Thu Jun 20, 2013 11:23 pm
United States
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Well! The poem is somewhat touching, but it could certainly be refined. Nonetheless, I think it is customary even in human society to gift the bard, and so take these goodberries as a token of appreciation. Where are you off to? the lead centaur says, giving Nirtram 8 berries enchanted with the goodberry spell.
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Karpouzian
United States
Waverly
Iowa
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Dawn relaxes, listening to the musical language, more like falling leaves than words, really.
5 
 Thumb up
0.01
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mario De Super
United States
San Jose
California
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Nirtram bows and smiles, a look of awe on his face as he accepts the goodberries.
"Why thank you so very much, kind sir! Yes, that poem is still a work in progress. Once the lady dryad gets her revenge I will look to recite the rest.
These berries look delicious and I am most certain they will come in handy on the journey ahead! We are headed through the Kortos Mountains to Pier's End, currently. Adventure, dear brother! Adventure! Where might you be headed?"
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
We are patrolling the area. Recently, we've seen signs of some sort of a panther coming from the forest towards Korthos mountains. A most unusual one at that. It seems to be more intelligent than an animal should. It even tried to lure us into an ambush.

Be wary as you head through the mountains - if you see the jaguar, make sure to kill it. Here, take this spear, you might need it.
the centaur says, handing Nirtram a masterwork longspear.
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kris Vanhoyland
Belgium
Genk
flag msg tools
designer
“The oldest and strongest emotion of mankind is fear, and the oldest and strongest kind of fear is fear of the unknown.” ― H.P. Lovecraft
badge
I have loved the stars too fondly to be fearful of the night.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Ajyka
"Thank you for the word of warning. Would you care to accompany us as we make our way through the forest? There is strength in numbers."
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
That we shall not do. Your business is your own, and we have an obligation to keep this land safe.
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kris Vanhoyland
Belgium
Genk
flag msg tools
designer
“The oldest and strongest emotion of mankind is fear, and the oldest and strongest kind of fear is fear of the unknown.” ― H.P. Lovecraft
badge
I have loved the stars too fondly to be fearful of the night.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Ajyka
"Very well, then, be safe." To the others, she says, "Shall we be on our way then?"
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
You too. Watch out for the panther! the leader says, as the trio of centaurs turns to leave.
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mario De Super
United States
San Jose
California
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
"It has been a pleasure, brother centaur! Thank you for your assistance and good company. Should we come across this beast you speak of and come out victorious, you shall certainly be remembered in the story's retelling. Should we meet again, we should share stories with drink. Fare thee well!"
Nirtram smiles while turning the spear over and over in his hands.
Is this spear small or medium sized?
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Medium-sized, I think.
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mario De Super
United States
San Jose
California
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Dutys_Fist wrote:
Medium-sized, I think.
After the centaur leaves Nirtram turns toward Ajyka with the spear. "Hey A-jy-ka, Tetsu told me how magnificently you wield these! It's a bit large for me and besides, I enjoy long heroic duels with the rapier, myself. This is a fine spear and I'm certain you will make great use of it! What a nice centaur he was..."
Nirtram looks at the berries and places them into his belt pouch. "These berries might come in handy should one or more of begin to run out of food. They can also help heal wounds, if only just a little. I'll hold onto them for now, but if the need comes up, everyone know where they are.

We should probably move along now. Lead on, brave Pathfinders!"
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeffrey Ukens
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Skagarrak will heft his mundane long spear and prepare to head into the woods after Nirtram.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
The Pathfinders press on, and soon enter the forest. As daylight starts to fade, the sound of running water echoes ahead, and several muted beams of light pierce the thick forest canopy. Soon the dense forest opens, revealing a fast-moving river that blocks the way forward. A large felled tree trunk offers a way over the swift moving river. With the exception of the rushing sound of the water, an eerie silence pervades the area, as does the fresh smell of death - a half-eaten carcass of a deer lies on the bank of the river.

The day is late, and you will soon have to make camp, but a few more hours of travelling time remain.
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kris Vanhoyland
Belgium
Genk
flag msg tools
designer
“The oldest and strongest emotion of mankind is fear, and the oldest and strongest kind of fear is fear of the unknown.” ― H.P. Lovecraft
badge
I have loved the stars too fondly to be fearful of the night.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Ajyka looks at the spear Nirtram gave her for a moment, holding it clumsily. As soon as the halfling turns his back she hands the spear over to Skagarrak with a shrug of her shoulders.

Ajyka approaches the carcass, wearily letting her gaze drift over the surrounding area. She inspects the carcass, to see how or what killed it.

Perception: 1d20+2 = (16) + 2 = 18
Heal: 1d20 = (2) = 2
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 386089. Bearpaw
  • 1d20+2 =
  • (16) + 2 =
  • 18
  • Perception:
  • Sat Jun 22, 2013 10:02 am
  • [+]
  • 386090. Bearpaw
  • 1d20 =
  • (2) =
  • 2
  • Heal:
  • Sat Jun 22, 2013 10:03 am
[1]  Prev «  1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [15] |