Recommend
6 
 Thumb up
 Hide
352 Posts
1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [15] | 

Pathfinder Society Scenario 3-00 Intro 3: A Vision of Betrayal» Forums » Play By Forum

Subject: [IC][PFS] Boon Run rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
United States
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Welcome to Dutys_Fist’s A Vision of Betrayal Boon Run.
This is a RPGGeek Pathfinder Society Guild game.


IC Thread

OOC Thread

Players:
Jeffrey Ukens
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb

Kris Vanhoyland
Belgium
Genk
flag msg tools
designer
“The oldest and strongest emotion of mankind is fear, and the oldest and strongest kind of fear is fear of the unknown.” ― H.P. Lovecraft
badge
I have loved the stars too fondly to be fearful of the night.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb

Daniel Karpouzian
United States
Waverly
Iowa
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb

Unknown Ediology
United States
Tennessee
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb

Mario De Super
United States
San Jose
California
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb


This thread is specifically for IN CHARACTER actions and conversations. Please BOLD and color-in anything your PC is saying. Ideally, each PC will have their own color. Describe PC actions in regular color and regular text.
Any aside comments to the party or GM should be in GRAY


If you are just browsing this thread and have questions or want to get in on a sanctioned Society game, check out our guild here.
6 
 Thumb up
2.00
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Characters:

Character Levels Player
Skaggarak Sorceror 1 cithaeron99 45852-8
Ajyka Ntombi Wizard 1 bearpaw 23847-1
Dawn Bard (dervish) 1 karpouzian 68635-7
Kallizmuth Fighter 1 Unknown Eidology53785-6
Nirtram Bard 1 mariogolbee 73450-5

5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Also reserved.
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
You enter the Grand Lodge of Skyall, in Absalom, the headquarters of the Pathfinder Society. It is here taht you were told to meet in order to recieve your next mission.

As you enter and identify yourselves, you are taken to a meeting room. There, a wiry old man with a wild gray beard and glinting eyes sits on a large bench, next to a finely dressed, full-figured woman who looks as though this entire meeting isn’t worth her time.




Ah! Welcome, Pathfinders. Please, take a seat and make yourselves feel at home. I am Drandle Dreng, Venture Captain, and I am here to brief you on your mission. I'd like to introduce you to the Lady Gloriana Morilla. Drandle says, gesturing towards the lady sitting next to him, who tilts her head slightly in acknowledgement of the introduction, but otherwise makes no move to greet anyone.

Dreng makes sure you are all there, and then nods to a servant, who closes the doors to the room.

“Recently, a contact from the Low Azlanti embassy in Escadar approached us with an offer. It seems they have discovered a unique relic of Azlanti origin on the Inner Sea’s floor that we have a unique opportunity to add to our collection for study. In return, however, we must deliver one of our catalogued items to Escadar in exchange. The Low Azlanti drive a hard bargain, so we need you to escort a relics broker to Escadar so he can authenticate the Azlanti item and mediate a fair deal on the Ten’s behalf. However, there are complications. The Aspis Consortium also seeks the artifact, and they have offered to purchase the relic if we fail to complete our transaction within 30 days. Normally, we sould send a boat around to Escaldar, which is the next island North of here, but there have been Aspis patrols in the area recently, which makes this operation risky. However, Lady Morilla has managed to devise a scheme to thwart the warships. DDreng says, handing the briefing off to Lady Morilla.

Lady Morilla stirs from her silence and speaks in a strong, demanding voice. “I have used some of the Empire of Taldor’s most skilled operatives to plant a false crew manifest and course plans with the harbormaster, ensuring that the Aspis Consortium spies who certainly keep an eye on such matters believe we are moving our relic to Escadar on a ship tomorrow morning. This decoy should occupy the Consortium sufficiently for you to travel overland to Escadar with plenty of time to make the final agreement with the gillmen before the Society’s window of opportunity runs out.”


"Go to the Siphons in Puddles and meet with Pathfinder Society’s ally, information broker Grandmaster Torch. He’ll give you a map for a smugglers’ trail through the isle’s center that should allow for relatively easy and secret travel overland to Escadar. The Society has hired an appraiser and relics broker named Nester Rees to verify the authenticity of the gillmen’s relic; Rees will meet up with you after your meeting with Grandmaster Torch. Do you have any more questions?"


Also, you may make Know(history) and know(geography) checks in order to find out more about the Azlanti and your destination.
6 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Those who haven't responded, but have thumbed, is this the "no, I have no questions" thumb?
6 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeffrey Ukens
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb


Skagarrak is bored and has no interest in asking questions at this time. He is trying very hard to not fall asleep or make a fool of himself, so he nods a lot and feigns understanding.
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kris Vanhoyland
Belgium
Genk
flag msg tools
designer
“The oldest and strongest emotion of mankind is fear, and the oldest and strongest kind of fear is fear of the unknown.” ― H.P. Lovecraft
badge
I have loved the stars too fondly to be fearful of the night.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Ajyka ignores the haughty, somewhat derogative look of the woman, and adresses the grey-haired man. "What's the nature of these two relics, do we know what the one looks like that we're to acquire? Also, how are we to return once we have the item in question? I've heard of these Aspis Consortium, but I must admit I don't know a great deal about them. Do you think they will cause us trouble?"

Knowledge (history): 1d20+8 = (13) + 8 = 21
Knowledge (geography) in case the DC is 10 or lower: 1d20+4 = (2) + 4 = 6
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 381299. Bearpaw
  • 1d20+8 =
  • (13) + 8 =
  • 21
  • Knowledge (history):
  • Thu Jun 13, 2013 11:16 pm
  • [+]
  • 381301. Bearpaw
  • 1d20+4 =
  • (2) + 4 =
  • 6
  • Knowledge (geography) in case the DC is 10 or lower:
  • Thu Jun 13, 2013 11:19 pm
United States
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Ajyka remembers the following about Ancient Azlant.

The kindom of Azlant was one of the very first human kingdoms, but little is known about it besides its fall. The Azlanti lived on the continent of Azlant, a continent which was sunk by the aboleth, causing the fall of the Azlanti people. Their technology is unparalleled, and even today, little of it is understood. Of particular interest are the Ioun stones invented by the Azlanti, magical stones which enhance their users by spinning around their heads.

The Aspis are nastly buggers. They'll try to take ahold of the artifact - a primitive Ioun stone which no longer works. Thankfully, Lady Morilla has taken steps to ensure that they don't interfere with your plans., Dreng replies.
6 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Unknown Ediology
United States
Tennessee
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Kal stands behind the others, his arms crossed and his eyes staring straight at the two. He has no questions, as it all seems pretty clear. Escort some scholarly fellow, get the item, and come back. Nothing more to it.
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mario De Super
United States
San Jose
California
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Knowledge: Geography 1d20+1 = (14) + 1 = 15
Knowledge: History 1d20+1 = (8) + 1 = 9


"Why have these Azlanti contacted the Ten with such sudden interest? While we're at it, what's this journey going to be like anyway? Could you provide us with a map? Do we need any special supplies? Are you providing any? How long will it take? Information! We must have information!"

The group looks back in the corner, next to the bookcase to a previously unnoticed figure, which can be no more than 3' or so in height, sitting in the shadows with it's hood over it's face, body covered in a cloak, shiny boots propped up on a small chest. The figure notices the look of surprise and confusion of the group. A wide, friendly grin appears beneath the shadows of the hood.

The grin deepens into a very full smile. "Ah, I see. Allow me to introduce myself. My name is Nirtram Nettlespring, bard extraordinaire! I recently met a companion of yours at the Ivory Dragon. A quiet ninja by the name of Tetsu. He shared stories of a kobold cult, fire prophet, ghouls, and other deeds. I found his stories compelling and I have pleaded my way onto this journey for the artifact. I would like to be there to witness your heroics firsthand!

You must be Shag a Rock. You, A Jackel. I think the dwarf is Kalafraja... and there is supposed to be a dancer named Dan, but I see two women. Did I get that right? I must have complete accuracy! Truth, albeit romantic truth, in all things!

I might have followed Tetsu, but he disappeared in the morning. I do remember him babbling something about the way of corn and evil druids, but every time I asked him he just screamed 'Bonsai!' at me. Still, when I asked Major Mathis about you, he pointed me in this direction, so here I am!"
The smile under the hood warms up more to show a row of tiny teeth as the halfling slowly shakes his head.
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 381452. mariogolbee
  • 1d20+1 =
  • (14) + 1 =
  • 15
  • Knowledge: Geography
  • Fri Jun 14, 2013 6:42 am
  • [+]
  • 381453. mariogolbee
  • 1d20+1 =
  • (8) + 1 =
  • 9
  • Knowledge: History
  • Fri Jun 14, 2013 6:42 am
United States
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Lady Morilla stirs from her seat. As you will soon learn, the Pathfinder Society is always on the lookout for relics. Almost the whole world knows about this - with the strange exception of yourself - and contacts us or the Aspis when they find any of interest. Torch is responsible for the logistics of the mission.

____ recalls that Escadar is the capital of Erran, the island directly north of Kortos (The island of which Absalom is the capital). Escadar is notable of being the site of one of the few remaining Azlanti ruins.
6 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kris Vanhoyland
Belgium
Genk
flag msg tools
designer
“The oldest and strongest emotion of mankind is fear, and the oldest and strongest kind of fear is fear of the unknown.” ― H.P. Lovecraft
badge
I have loved the stars too fondly to be fearful of the night.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
"Ajyka is the name, little man, and this is Isoke," gesturing towards the monkey scampering at her bare feet. "And we are indeed familiar with Tetsu, he accompanied us only recently on a trek to a nearby ruin."

"Let us meet with Grandmaster Torch then, and see what information he has for us," the black woman says as she rises and gives a slight bow to the venture-captain and the Lady Morilla.
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Karpouzian
United States
Waverly
Iowa
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Dawn sits, frowning briefly at Nirtram's ramblings. This is why she has never chosen to acknowledge herself as a 'bard', she is a priestess.
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I am waiting to move the scene forwards until y'all state you are leaving, btw.
6 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Unknown Ediology
United States
Tennessee
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Kal grunts as the pleasantries are exchanged, then nods towards the door. "Shall we be leavin' now? Ah'm gettin' a bit anxious."
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mario De Super
United States
San Jose
California
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
"Ajyka and Isoke, you say? Ah! I shall write it down at once! Thank you, thank you, thank you! You would like to leave? Well, yes. I suppose it would be prudent to get on our way at once. Much excitement awaits us on our journey, I am certain!

Thank you, M'lady and Venture Captain. It would seem we must be on our way. Your hospitality and fine wine shall be remembered!"


Nirtriam smiles and awaits the rest of the party. He is just giddy at the prospect of witnessing sword fights and such firsthand. He places his hand on his chin and mutters something under his breath.
"I met a monkey named Isoke he looked like a clever bloke... No, that simply will not do..."
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
As the Pathfinders leave, Lady Gloriana tries starts to stand up, and reaches her arm out for assistance.
6 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeffrey Ukens
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Skagarrak hangs back from assisting Lady Gloriana. He is wary of high-falutin' people...
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kris Vanhoyland
Belgium
Genk
flag msg tools
designer
“The oldest and strongest emotion of mankind is fear, and the oldest and strongest kind of fear is fear of the unknown.” ― H.P. Lovecraft
badge
I have loved the stars too fondly to be fearful of the night.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Ajyka sighs and rolls her eyes, although you're unsure if it's because of the obvious reluctance of the half-orc, or the posh attitude of the Lady Gloriana. Nevertheless, Ajyka takes a step forward, and forces a smile as she offers a hand to the woman. "We will try our utmost to see this task to a satisfying end."
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Gloriana, now upright, thanks Ajyka, and beckons to Drandle to head out with a quick wave of her head, and points towards the other set of doors in the room. He rolls his eyes, and stands up as well, going to open the door for her, and they both leave. Ajyka can feel the slip of paper that Gloriana slipped into his palm as he was helping her stand up.



The adventurers head over to Puddles, the district of Absalom so named from its recurrent floods and damp moisture. Splashing through the Puddles' rough-and-tumble and flooded streets, you soon find "the Siphons", an entrance to Absalom's large sewers.

Heading inside, you go a short distance until you meet a torch-bearer who recognizes you as Pathfinder Society members, and, after asking a few questions, guides you to Torch's audience chamber. A gruff half-orc guading the entrance steps aside to let you through.

Torch, a dark-haired, burn-covered man in his late-middle years sits in a large bathtub, and two attendants continually pour cool water over his cursed, festering wounds. His half-orc bodyguards eye the you warily as the Grandmaster rises to greet you and speaks.




Well met, Pathfinders. I see you have survived as the Decemvirate’s pawns thus far, and for that I commend you. This next task they have for you is more dangerous than the venture-captain may have told you, so let me give you a word of warning. I have made it my life’s work to ensure Pathfinder agents are given all the tools they need to return home from their myriad adventures, and this map is the tool I give you. Follow the directions on my map as strictly as you can. The trail will take you from Absalom through the Cairnlands and Korthos Mountains, and then through a large swamp, to Pier's End. It is a long trip, and dangerous. Keep your eye out, as you do always. It is the safest I could get.

Now, once at Pier's end, you'll need to find a boat to take you to Escadar. There, I've booked you at the Grindylow Goblin, a bar where we've agreed the transaction will take place.

Deviate from this path and you may encounter challenges far beyond your abilities. Many would paint me and those who believe like I do as betrayers of the Society, but it is the corps of the organization that I am completely loyal to. Each and every one of you.

If you believe you have been mistreated by the Ten or their representatives, don’t hesitate to let me know upon your return from Escadar. My network of agents and spies if vast, and I am a powerful ally to have on your side.

Now be off. You have a long journey ahead of you. And remember, don’t deviate from this map—it’s designed to get you there and back safely!


Grandmaster Torch sends one his attendants to grab the map, which he gives to the Pathfinders.




Now, you will be going with an appraiser of ours. NESTOR!

A man walks in, limping with a cane on his right arm.



Nestor Rees too was struck by a malady in one of his earlier adventures, which ended his career in that field. It has left his the right side of his heart weakened. We have not abandoned him, and he continues to be helpful in a safer way. He is one of our valued appraisers.


Nestor nods slightly, acknowledging this.

Well, it seems that my introduction has been made, so shall we be off, or is there anything more you have to do?

6 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeffrey Ukens
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Skagarrak looks at the map. "Mountains? Swamps? My favorite...." The big half-orc smiles.

"Let's get going...'

5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kris Vanhoyland
Belgium
Genk
flag msg tools
designer
“The oldest and strongest emotion of mankind is fear, and the oldest and strongest kind of fear is fear of the unknown.” ― H.P. Lovecraft
badge
I have loved the stars too fondly to be fearful of the night.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Once outside, Ajyka reads over the paper with a raised eyebrow. "It seems the lady wants us to deliver a letter to the embassy at our final destination," offering the paper to anyone who wants to read it over.

Upon meeting Grandmaster Torch, Ajyka bows slightly and says, "Greetings, Grandmaster Torch, I have heard a lot about you, and your tireless efforts. It is thankless work, but necessary, and I'm glad I have the chance to offer my appreciation for everything you have done for the Pathfinder Society."

Upon receiving the map, she inspects it momentarily. "So a forest, mountains, and a swamp. Can you tell us anything about this trail, anything we need to be aware of? Do we need any climbing gear to traverse these mountains, and how cold does it get up there? How long will this trip take, do we need to bring provisions along?"

5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Well...*cough*I haven't been there myself, but you the trail should be passable. Of course, you'll need to find some way to feed yourselves, but the voyage should take seven days. I was told you have a month, so that gives you plenty of time.
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mario De Super
United States
San Jose
California
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Nirtiram looks over the map. "Hum. Mountains... mountains can get very cold very fast. I would like to stop in town and pick up some warmer clothing prior to our departure. I also wouldn't mind a quick glass of wine. Even a small tavern would do!"

When given the chance, Nirtriam will purchase cold weather clothing. I think he already has enough rations, since Halfling allegedly don't eat a full day's worth in a day.
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Unknown Ediology
United States
Tennessee
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Kal nods. "Wise words, lad! We be needin' sumthin' a bit warmer! Not all o' you be built with paddin' like me!" Kal pats his bulky frame for emphasis.

Yep, pick up a cold weather outfit, some rations, and a heatstone.p
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [15] |