Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
92 Posts
Prev «  1 , 2 , 3 , 4  Next »   | 

Pathfinder Society Scenario 3-00 Intro 3: A Vision of Betrayal» Forums » Play By Forum

Subject: [OOC] [PFS] Boon Run rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mario De Super
United States
San Jose
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Cithaeron99 wrote:
I just cut and pasted the character sheet from the last session, without updating the money from Part 2. I have updated him on my work computer, but it looks like I didn't post tat version yet.

Thanks for pointing it out. I'll get that fixed soon.

As a sorcerer, though...he is kinda cheap. No armor or expensive weapons, anyway.
Well, if you have extra coin lying around and you use a spear, you may want to get a MW spear some time.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
So, since you'll be making your first camp soon, you'll want to keep a watch out?

Because I'm sure everyone wants some sleep, alternating is probably the way to go.

So, who'll take what shift? How many shifts will there be?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Karpouzian
United States
Waverly
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
"Dawn" will agree to take the last shift, the sunrise is an integral part of her prayers to Sarenrae.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mario De Super
United States
San Jose
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
karpouzian wrote:
"Dawn" will agree to take the last shift, the sunrise is an integral part of her prayers to Sarenrae.
It probably makes sense for the full caster to go last, since anything that might happen is likely to happen earlier on, but if Dawn insists...

The way I see it, we can either rest for 10 hours with each person taking a 2 hour shift and in turn getting 8 hours of sleep.

We can also rest for 12 hours with watch parties of 2 alternating out so we have 2 on watch at all times and everyone still gets 8 hours sleep. But that is 12 hours of resting.

Whatever we do, Kal should be on the 1st watch and 2nd if we go the 12 hour route, so he will have his armor on and take it off to sleep without worrying about donning it again until morning.

That said, if we do the 10 hour rest, the casters should sleep last.

How does this look?

Kal
Nirtram
Dawn
Skag
Ajyka

AS much as I fancy camping by the river, we should probably sleep away from a fresh kill.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Karpouzian
United States
Waverly
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
She doesn't insist, it is just a preference.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kris Vanhoyland
Belgium
Genk
flag msg tools
designer
“The oldest and strongest emotion of mankind is fear, and the oldest and strongest kind of fear is fear of the unknown.” ― H.P. Lovecraft
badge
I have loved the stars too fondly to be fearful of the night.
mbmbmbmbmb
Doesn't really matter either way, as the eight hours of rest don't necessarily have to be consecutive. Also, overland travel is limited to 8 hours per day I think, any longer and we're faced with fort saves to avoid the fatigue condition. In any case, I'm cool with the last watch. I'll take ten this night to add the endure elements scroll to my spellbook by the way. Are we close to the mountains or are we still in the middle of the forest?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Either way, you would still be in the forest.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mario De Super
United States
San Jose
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Bearpaw wrote:
Doesn't really matter either way, as the eight hours of rest don't necessarily have to be consecutive. Also, overland travel is limited to 8 hours per day I think, any longer and we're faced with fort saves to avoid the fatigue condition. In any case, I'm cool with the last watch. I'll take ten this night to add the endure elements scroll to my spellbook by the way. Are we close to the mountains or are we still in the middle of the forest?
In that case we could take more time to camp and can have the watch be at least 2 at a time, just in case. That way we could mix in melee with caster each watch. I was just assuming the full casters to go last for less risk of having to face something on their own considering the stereotypical lack of armor on casters.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mario De Super
United States
San Jose
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If anyone has a LL character ready for Way of the Kirin along with time to play at 12PM CDT tomorrow, it is being run through Roll20. I'm taking my samurai on the journey as long as he doesn't die tonight.
https://groups.google.com/forum/?fromgroups=#!forum/pathfind...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mario De Super
United States
San Jose
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Alright. I am looking for suggestions. I just successfully completed Way of the Kirin with my samurai. I am very sad now, but that is irrelevant. That scenario gave me the 1 XP I needed to advance to level 4. So, do I place my new stat points in Strength, Dexterity, or Constitution?

The was I see it, my melee-loving samurai could use the extra boost to his attacks, carry capacity, CMB, and CMD, etc. He could also use the extra boost to his AC, reflex saves, and for when he occasionally makes ranged attacks and CMD again. OF course, he could use the extra point of HP each level starting now, fortitude save bonus, and the benefit of being able to dip two points more under zero HP.

Here are his ability scores. What say all of you?

Str 18
Dex 12
Con 16
Int 12
Wis 8
Cha 8

Also, I finally have enough GP (~2500 and fame to buy some worthwhile stuff. So, for 1800GP should I buy the Scabard of Vigor or some MW o-yoroi armor? I thought of just getting MW full plate, but it doesn't feel thematic enough.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kris Vanhoyland
Belgium
Genk
flag msg tools
designer
“The oldest and strongest emotion of mankind is fear, and the oldest and strongest kind of fear is fear of the unknown.” ― H.P. Lovecraft
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Personally, I'd probably go for + STR and the mwk eastern armor.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kris Vanhoyland
Belgium
Genk
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Forgot to say that I wanted to change my prepared spells to include 2x endure elements if we were close to the mountains, can I still do that?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
sure!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mario De Super
United States
San Jose
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Bearpaw wrote:
Personally, I'd probably go for + STR and the mwk eastern armor.
I had to change it by the next evening for my next game, but here's a many for your thoughts anyway! I was pretty caught up on what to do, but I went for the Dex bonus and the Scabbard of Vigor.

The Scabbard will allow me to Iaijatsu strike at +4 with with +4 damage when the opportunity arises. That would give him +14 on his attack roll with a +18 to confirm an Iaijatsu crit, and 1d8+10+2d6 damage on said hit plus another 1d8+10 if it confirms. Not a common situation, but it will happen.

I was able to buy my MW o-yoroi after that scenario and slap a +1 enhancement on it. Now my samurai is rockin' 22AC, which apparently won't be enough with these higher level scenarios.shake
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mario De Super
United States
San Jose
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey DF, if you want to check out a Pthfinder Tales book on the cheap, there were 2 copies of Song of the Serpent left for $3.29 shipped per copy on eBay a few minutes ago. It's worth a look. I snagged one myself!

http://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/711-53200-19255-0/1?type=4&cam...

Whoa! Just checked out the sheet for this book.
Spoiler (click to reveal)
+2 diplo toward dwarves and one time use of sell and item for 75% of value rather than 50%. Not bad, especially since you can tack this on to each character you wish to until they change the sheets.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey everyone! I will be away until next next Friday (10 days from now), so we might have to put the game on hold until then if I am unable to maintain regular internet connection. Sorry in advance
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mario De Super
United States
San Jose
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Dutys_Fist wrote:
Hey everyone! I will be away until next next Friday (10 days from now), so we might have to put the game on hold until then if I am unable to maintain regular internet connection. Sorry in advance
Cool beans.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
So, its not really a big deal or anything (and I'm not at all mad or anything), but generally, if I PM information rather than directly posting it, its because I'd prefer or think there is benefit to the recipient presenting a spin on the information, like, "Hey guys. I heard that X will give us good prices if we bribe him with food. Wanna try?". I can always directly post the information and give the whole group access to it.

It's not at all a problem if you guys copy/paste it, but I just wanted to let you know my intent. I can perfectly understand that you guys are pressed for time or can't think of another way to present the information.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mario De Super
United States
San Jose
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
DF, just saw your post right now. Apologies if me copy/pasting bothered you. I'm sure I could have put s spin on that information if I really tried, but it would have been relaying the same information, and thus would have, in my opinion, simply delayed the game further. Perhaps it is better to to just post information like that directly to the group, unless, of course, it is a secret faction mission, which won't matter anymore anyway now that faction missions are pretty much dead.

Here's the way I see it. I wait to see what happens next. An opportunity to gather information is presented by the GM. I make the seemingly inevitable gather information check, since it is the second most useful skill in the game. I wait for a result. After a wait, the GM PMs me the info. The party waits. I eventually find the PM. I take anywhere from a few minutes to a day or two to change the info and post it to the group. I wait for a group reaction.

Why not just auto-roll info checks much like initiative or saves?

GM rolls gather info for party (which players should do anyway, if they have the skill) and reports results. We all react to information and move on. We all save three days of rolling and waiting.

I think I understand your intent, but now that you pointed it out, I think the whole secret gather info thing may be a waste of time. I'm all for taking extra time in PbF for role play, which is why I enjoy it, but I would prefer to save the creative juices for hen they count, if allowed.

Thank you!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kris Vanhoyland
Belgium
Genk
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Can we try and finish this soonish? Not want to rush our GM, or the other players, but my f2f group is finishing a module this weekend, the GM credit of which I wanna assign to Ajyka to get her up to level 3 so she'll be eligible for the Rivalry's End boon.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mario De Super
United States
San Jose
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Bearpaw wrote:
Can we try and finish this soonish? Not want to rush our GM, or the other players, but my f2f group is finishing a module this weekend, the GM credit of which I wanna assign to Ajyka to get her up to level 3 so she'll be eligible for the Rivalry's End boon.
That boon is already expired on the 14th, sadly. Which makes me wonder, will we be able to finish this scenario in time for the PbF extension? I was hoping to pull Nirtram into the convention I'll be at this weekend.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kris Vanhoyland
Belgium
Genk
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I believe you still get the boon as long as you finish before the extended deadline.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Unknown Ediology
United States
Tennessee
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Bearpaw wrote:
I believe you still get the boon as long as you finish before the extended deadline.

Correct, for PbF, there's an extension. As long as you have the online VC's approval, I believe.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mario De Super
United States
San Jose
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Unknown Ediology wrote:
Bearpaw wrote:

Correct, for PbF, there's an extension. As long as you have the online VC's approval, I believe.
I wasn't aware that our friend here was GMing RE by PbF. I just saw the mention of F2F, so I guess there was missing info. I, for one, did not GM RE in time to get the boon. I did, however, get it for player credit and got the WotK boon for both player and GM credit.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Unknown Ediology
United States
Tennessee
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
mariogolbee wrote:
I wasn't aware that our friend here was GMing RE by PbF. I just saw the mention of F2F, so I guess there was missing info. I, for one, did not GM RE in time to get the boon. I did, however, get it for player credit and got the WotK boon for both player and GM credit.

Oh! Sorry, I'm not sure if he is playing it by PbF or not. I just wanted to clarify the only exception for getting the boon past the August deadline. Apologize for the confusion.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Prev «  1 , 2 , 3 , 4  Next »   |