Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
92 Posts
Prev «  1 , 2 , 3 , 4  Next »   | 

Pathfinder Society Scenario 3-00 Intro 3: A Vision of Betrayal» Forums » Play By Forum

Subject: [OOC] [PFS] Boon Run rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Kris Vanhoyland
Belgium
Genk
flag msg tools
designer
“The oldest and strongest emotion of mankind is fear, and the oldest and strongest kind of fear is fear of the unknown.” ― H.P. Lovecraft
badge
I have loved the stars too fondly to be fearful of the night.
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm torn; can I buy a scroll of endure elements before we leave or would that be metagaming too much? The snowcapped peaks of the Kortos Mounts should be visible from Absalom I think.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I wouldn't think it is metagaming. The mountains are in fact cold.

Also, you should all buy at least 7 rations.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mario De Super
United States
San Jose
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, Tetsu is dead now.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
mariogolbee wrote:
Well, Tetsu is dead now.

! What happened?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mario De Super
United States
San Jose
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Dutys_Fist wrote:
mariogolbee wrote:
Well, Tetsu is dead now.

! What happened?
He was on what was supposed to be 3 days worth of very thematic consecutive scenarios.
Spoiler (click to reveal)
Quest for Perfection
Less than hour in on tier 1-2 he was in the lead (no melee in party), and got bullrushed by a ghoul off of a cliff and landed prone in front of another ghoul at the bottom of a 30ft. drop. HE was attacked and immediately went from 22 to 11 HP after the fall and attack. I used his ninja trick to turn invisible and stand. The next round the GM rolled 50/50 to be able to hit and hit on all three, bringing Tetsu to 0HP and paralyzed. He hit again on the next round and did exactly 14HP damage to kill poor, honorable Tetsu. The other party members were trying to kill the ghoul from their horrible vantage point while one dealt with the upper level ghoul. They tried.

Three was not enough between everyone to raise Tetsu. He died with 1312GP, an unused sheet for the Feast of Ravenmoore, and my coveted WBG2! boon. It was comforting that the other PCs actually tired to help, though. I even got a message from one of their characters and a nice "email of condolences" from the Iron Helixx guy. Still, it sucks. I have a chronicle sheet now that says "character dead." The GM was trying to help me find a way to raise him too.

RIP Soyokaze Tetsu, honored brother of the Lantern Lodge.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kris Vanhoyland
Belgium
Genk
flag msg tools
designer
“The oldest and strongest emotion of mankind is fear, and the oldest and strongest kind of fear is fear of the unknown.” ― H.P. Lovecraft
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ouch, that's harsh. Ghouls can be very nasty indeed, especially at these kind of levels. And they're intelligent, hungry undead which means they won't hesitate to coup de grâce someone.

My condoleances.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Unknown Ediology
United States
Tennessee
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Indeed, sorry to hear about poor Tetsu's demise. Guess that means you need to make another character very quickly and run them through some quick scenarios!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah.

Ouch.

About resurrection, how much PP did you have?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
So, I need you guys to find a marching order.

Let's use the OOC thread to do this.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeffrey Ukens
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Skagarrak will bring up the rear, unless someone else really wants to walk last.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kris Vanhoyland
Belgium
Genk
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Second to last for Ajyka.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Unknown Ediology
United States
Tennessee
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Kal will take the lead! He has no worries.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeffrey Ukens
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
No worries = no sense.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Karpouzian
United States
Waverly
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Dawn will be behind/next to Kal.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
So, right now, It's looking like:

Kal
Dawn

Ajyka
Skagg

Nirtram will need to fit in there somewhere...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mario De Super
United States
San Jose
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Kal
Dawn
Nirtram
Ajyka
Skagg

Nirtram can go in the middle or the back. He is here to support the group, but can still handle himself briefly in melee.

Sorry for the wait! I played two VOIP scenarios last night and another two this morning. All of the chronicle sheets and leveling up my samurai has taken a toll on me. I think when I finally play at a convention I will have to use any characters only once or twice so I can keep up with the paperwork and all. The good thing is he will be level 3 tomorrow.

Thanks for all the well wishes, everyone! I think I will make a Tetsu#2, but will NOT be walking in front ever again. Still, I can't believe I won't be able to use the WBG2! boon.soblue

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I've just been thinking about this, and I think that you can by making a new PFS account. Is there anything preventing this?

Or, try GMing!

I'm sure there will be a high demand for tables of WBG2!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Karpouzian
United States
Waverly
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Dutys_Fist wrote:
I've just been thinking about this, and I think that you can by making a new PFS account. Is there anything preventing this?

Or, try GMing!

I think making a second account seems against the spirit, if not the letter of the rules. Also, what s the wbg2 boon?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
karpouzian wrote:
Dutys_Fist wrote:

Or, try GMing!

I think making a second account seems against the spirit, if not the letter of the rules. Also, what s the wbg2 boon?

I just checked it out.

Pretty nice.

Replace one of your char's traits with one of 3 gobo traits.

Also, you can re-skin your bear into an owlbear: you still use the bear stats, but CHA become 10, devotion becomes +5 rather than +4, and -4 penalty to handle animal checks.

So, its slightly more than a re-skin, and I don't see how it is that advantageous.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mario De Super
United States
San Jose
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Dutys_Fist wrote:
karpouzian wrote:
Dutys_Fist wrote:

Or, try GMing!

I just checked it out.

Pretty nice.

Replace one of your char's traits with one of 3 gobo traits.

Also, you can re-skin your bear into an owlbear: you still use the bear stats, but CHA become 10, devotion becomes +5 rather than +4, and -4 penalty to handle animal checks.

So, its slightly more than a re-skin, and I don't see how it is that advantageous.
Ya, it didn't seem that crazy, but an owl bear was appealing as an AC for Tetsu, if only as a familiar at 10th level. I built him around that first PFS game you guys suckered me into this RPG thing with. Since I had that WBG! sheet I decided to actually theme him around some interaction with goblins. This is why I put the darned WBG2! sheet on him in the first place.

BTW, sorry for the bad woodsy poetry everyone.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm sure it sounds better in Sylvan than it does in Common.

I'll give you a +5 bonus to dipcy for speaking in Sylvan, and an additional +1 for the heartfelt poem, which changes the centaur attitude from indifferent to friendly.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Karpouzian
United States
Waverly
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Dawn relaxes, listening to the musical language, more like falling leaves than words, really.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This is the OOC thread
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mario De Super
United States
San Jose
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Jeff, take the spear if you want it. I just thought of Ajyka throwing spears all of the time, so it made sense. Now that I just did look at your character sheet, though, where the heck is all of your gear? I see no armor and nothing of significant value listed, yet you only have 152GP. What am I not seeing? (Since this is the internet I would like to clarify this is genuine curiosity and NOT sarcasm of any sort.) This means you have spent over 500GP and I can't see where it went for the life of me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeffrey Ukens
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I just cut and pasted the character sheet from the last session, without updating the money from Part 2. I have updated him on my work computer, but it looks like I didn't post tat version yet.

Thanks for pointing it out. I'll get that fixed soon.

As a sorcerer, though...he is kinda cheap. No armor or expensive weapons, anyway.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Prev «  1 , 2 , 3 , 4  Next »   |