John Morgan
Australia
North Parramatta
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
This is the In Character [IC] thread for one of our offical RPG Geek Pathfinder Society Games. Click here to learn how you can join the guild and take part in our regular offering of sanctioned Pathfinder Society games!

Our cast of characters:


Character Player Class/Level PFS #

Milo Montajay residue Bard 2 78307-2
Ozgg znirp81 Barbarian 1/Druid 1 78727-1
Hiram Thistlefoot Rodafowa Rogue 1/Barbarian 1 78729-1
Endo Fineleaf Vladimir17 Cavalier 2 73392-2
Indo Cobbz20 Monk 2 76206-3
Tinma the Tinkerer Dutys_Fist Gunslinger 2 64583-4


Quick link to Character Depository.
Quick link to the OOC thread.
6 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Morgan
Australia
North Parramatta
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
The group is called once again to the Grand Lodge in Absalom:

Venture-Captain Drandle Dreng’s pinched face is hard to see from behind the stack of books that divide the front of his office from the space behind his desk. A shockingly old man with white hair and slightly milky eyes, he is surprised by the appearance of outsiders in his office, and looks up, half startled and half relieved.



“Thank you for coming on such short notice." He looks around at the group. "So this is King Ozgg and his...er...little, I mean esteemed...ah, subjects? Where exactly are you King of, hmmmm?" he asks a little absent-mindedly before dismissing the thought and continuing. "Never mind! I'd been meaning to give this assignment to you at a later date, and with less pressing time constraints, but it seems that time has conspired against us.” Dreng mumbles to himself as he passes out a stack of notes and maps from behind the wall of books.

“These notes are from a recent Chronicle—it contains some interesting finds, but one of them is now the utmost priority to the Society.” Dreng lightly taps a bony finger on a map, on which can be seen a section of Absalom with a small corner townhouse circled in deep red.

“This townhouse is a façade for an underground vault. The vault belonged to an old noble family of Absalom that was expelled a decade ago—the Decklands. The family was forced out when their patriarch—a man known as Orias—was discovered to have written documents detailing the city’s defenses, documents he intended to hand over to hostile forces loyal to Cheliax. The Chronicle indicates that a copy of these documents exist within the vault.

“A Pathfinder looking into the Decklands and their Chronicle references in Cheliax was attacked and killed ten days ago. The thugs made off with a copy of his notes— fortunately, he’d already sent us another. We have reason to believe it was the work of the Decklands’ oldest child, a young woman named Celeena, and she’s the reason this assignment is now urgent. The fact that Celeena and her forces were willing to kill a Pathfinder for this information shows how desperate they are to retrieve the documents. If she were able to get these documents and return them to Cheliax, it would undermine the defenses of the whole city, as well as cause the Society undue headaches. Find Celeena, find the documents in her vault, and prevent this situation from turning into one big mess for the Society.”
7 
 Thumb up
0.01
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matias Dahlbäck
Finland
Raseborg
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
badge
I release my anger through writing.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Milo listens intently to the briefing, frowning slightly as he has to adjust his clothing and equipment, still not used to carrying around the flasks and vials of explosive and acid weaponry he decided to pick up after the Spider Event.

"So... the Society has known for about a decade that these documents were there, but waited until now to try and secure them?" he mutters, rolling his eyes. "Yes, I can see that we need to hurry up."
7 
 Thumb up
0.01
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vladimir Lehotai
Slovakia
Piešťany
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Endo listens to the briefing with a slight unease.

"Another cellar? Well, I prefer more open terrain. You know, it's better for the cavalry. But wharever."
7 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Roe
United Kingdom
Watford
Herts
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Hiram sighs, barely pausing from the task of putting a fresh edge on his swords.

"It feels like all we're doing lately is meeting young women and killing them, rescuing them or both. Have you perhaps given any thought to the notion that women might be more trouble than they're worth, what?"
7 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matias Dahlbäck
Finland
Raseborg
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
badge
I release my anger through writing.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
"Talking of which, when we find Celeena, I suppose you want us to do something more than just slap her on the wrist?" inquires Milo, while trying to recall if he remembers anything about the famed Decklands and their town house.

Knowledge (nobility) 1d20+7 = (8) + 7 = 15
6 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 377275. residue
  • 1d20+7 =
  • (8) + 7 =
  • 15
  • Knowledge (nobility)
  • Fri Jun 7, 2013 9:55 am
John Morgan
Australia
North Parramatta
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
residue wrote:
Milo listens intently to the briefing, frowning slightly as he has to adjust his clothing and equipment, still not used to carrying around the flasks and vials of explosive and acid weaponry he decided to pick up after the Spider Event.

"So... the Society has known for about a decade that these documents were there, but waited until now to try and secure them?" he mutters, rolling his eyes. "Yes, I can see that we need to hurry up."

"Yes, quite...although it's not as bad as it seems." Dreng's milky eyes gaze up at Milo and a smile crosses his lips."Recently a Pathfinder Chronicle was discovered in Cheliax that spoke of Orias and a Deckland family vault hidden beneath Absalom. The Chronicle stated that the Decklands were not given the chance to take all of their possessions
with them when they were exiled. After its publication, the author of the Chronicle questioned Orias about the abandoned family vault, believing he had discovered its location. Said to contain the wealth of the Deckland family, the site was located in a townhouse owned by the family under a fake name."
6 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Morgan
Australia
North Parramatta
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Rodafowa wrote:
Hiram sighs, barely pausing from the task of putting a fresh edge on his swords.

"It feels like all we're doing lately is meeting young women and killing them, rescuing them or both. Have you perhaps given any thought to the notion that women might be more trouble than they're worth, what?"

Drandle laughs a phlegmy laugh at Hiram's remark. "Yes, well as old as I am I can't say I've ever got the hang of them, young man. Much safer to curl up with a good book, than a woman I always say!"
6 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vladimir Lehotai
Slovakia
Piešťany
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
"......or with a trusty wolf. Hey, why are you looking at me like that?"
6 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Morgan
Australia
North Parramatta
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
residue wrote:
"Talking of which, when we find Celeena, I suppose you want us to do something more than just slap her on the wrist?" inquires Milo, while trying to recall if he remembers anything about the famed Decklands and their town house.

residue previously rolled 1d20+7 = (8) + 7 = 15 (Knowledge (nobility))

"Well you'll best be able to judge what to do with her once you're on the spot, I presume. If you do manage to bring her back, she'll be facing the full force of the law for treason, don't you worry about that!" Dreng scowls at the thought of the woman's indiscretions.

Milo then recalls what he remembers about the Decklands, stuff an old elf once told him over a glass of wine at the pub:

"Orias Deckland was a beloved Absalom nobleman until 10 years ago, when he was forced out of the city. Rumors have it that Cheliax agents threatened young Celeena’s life and Orias felt he had no recourse but to betray the city’s defenses. One can only imagine the hardship the man had to endure for the safety of his family."
6 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Roe
United Kingdom
Watford
Herts
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
greenclaw wrote:
"Said to contain the wealth of the Deckland family, the site was located in a townhouse owned by the family under a fake name."
Hiram pauses, an eyebrow slowly arching as something of interest finally enters the conversation.

"Aaaaand... roughly how wealthy would you say the Deckland family were, old boy? On a scale from "not a pot to piss in" to "beyond the dreams of avarice"?"
6 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Morgan
Australia
North Parramatta
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Dreng laughs openly at Hiram's question. "Oh, I like this group...I'll make sure to recommend you...very good, very good!"

Once he has settled down he continues, "The Decklands were an expanding noble family within the social hierarchy of Absalom, owing much of their rise in fame to close ties with the nation of Cheliax. Led by a powerful patriarch, the last leader of the family in Absalom was the esteemed Orias Deckland, a bear of a man who tried to distance his family from their Chelaxian relations. For many years, Orias was considered to be one of the more influential nobles in Absalom—a true proponent of the people. So, somewhere in the middle...they certainly had more than one chamberpot, but weren't the type to hoard their wealth away in the dust."
6 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Rodafowa wrote:
Hiram sighs, barely pausing from the task of putting a fresh edge on his swords.

"It feels like all we're doing lately is meeting young women and killing them, rescuing them or both. Have you perhaps given any thought to the notion that women might be more trouble than they're worth, what?"

A few seconds after Hiram makes this comment, Tinma finally processes it, and screams HEY! You haven't killed me OR rescued me!, striking a bold and heroic pose.
7 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Al P
Norway
Orkanger
Sør Trondelag
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Suddenly coming out his day dream, Ozgg yawns and wipes the drool from his chin. "What we doing now, kill lady?"

"Oook, ook OOOK ook! Oooook oook ook, oook. Oook OOk ooook oook oook ook. OOoook oook ook? Oook oook 'Oook' ook ooook"
Mojo grunts for minute or so, along with lots of miming and hand gestures.

"I's up to speed now, I's king of Mojo!" He says proudly pointing to Sir Mojo
6 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Roe
United Kingdom
Watford
Herts
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Dutys_Fist wrote:
A few seconds after Hiram makes this comment, Tinma finally processes it, and screams HEY! You haven't killed me OR rescued me!, striking a bold and heroic pose.
"...Yet."
6 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matias Dahlbäck
Finland
Raseborg
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
badge
I release my anger through writing.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
"Riiight... Lets try and keep the killing to a minimum, ok? This poor woman us obviously a victim to her father's folly, and besides, we all know how testy the nobles can be if they lose on if their own. Lets bag the lady, and the documents, and spare everyone a diplomatic clusterf... mess, and everyone's happy." spoketh Milo.
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Roe
United Kingdom
Watford
Herts
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
The little rogue shrugs. "Stab her in the knees. Check."
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Cobb
United States
Cortland
New York
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Dutys_Fist wrote:
A few seconds after Hiram makes this comment, Tinma finally processes it, and screams HEY! You haven't killed me OR rescued me!, striking a bold and heroic pose.

Indo smiles gently as he responds to Tinma, "I believe we did rescue you from some very nasty spiders just a short while ago. However, I will say you were very heroic during the process."

The monk checks his memories for anything in addition to Milo's or Venture-Captain Dreng’s information about the Decklands.

Know - history 1d20+4 = (2) + 4 = 6
Know - nobility 1d20+1 = (20) + 1 = 21

Nobility crit roll alert! Apparently Indo knows the upper crust society well.
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 377556. cobbz20
  • 1d20+4 =
  • (2) + 4 =
  • 6
  • Know - history
  • Fri Jun 7, 2013 6:32 pm
  • [+]
  • 377557. cobbz20
  • 1d20+1 =
  • (20) + 1 =
  • 21
  • Know - nobility
  • Fri Jun 7, 2013 6:32 pm
United States
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Tinma
Can't we just let Ceelena go? All we need is to find the documents, right? Tinma asks.
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Tinma
cobbz20 wrote:
Dutys_Fist wrote:
A few seconds after Hiram makes this comment, Tinma finally processes it, and screams HEY! You haven't killed me OR rescued me!, striking a bold and heroic pose.

Indo smiles gently as he responds to Tinma, "I believe we did rescue you from some very nasty spiders just a short while ago. However, I will say you were very heroic during the process."

Not true! I got away from them all by myself. Tinma says proudly. It's not my fault you can't shoot spiders well.
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Al P
Norway
Orkanger
Sør Trondelag
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
"Ooh ooh I learn how to shoot spiders now" Ozgg says excitedly and casts summon natures ally!

A giant centipede leaps out his hand and lands between the group.
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Sure, Ozgg Tinma says excitedly as she passes her gun to Ozgg. It's actually really simple. I don't know why people are put off by it. First, you have to spin the upper wheel once, and pull out the side pin. That pulls back the hammer. Now, give the barrel a half-spin, and put a bullet inside of it. You got that?
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Al P
Norway
Orkanger
Sør Trondelag
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Ozgg scratches his head in puzzlement then stuffs the giant centipede down the barrel "Now what I do?"

Ozgg actually means to fire a bug like a bullet, I can't actually summon a spider sadly.
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
That's a great idea, Ozgg! I wonder what happens when you shoot centipedes out of rifles. So, you give the barrel another half-turn, lift the gun, pull on the secondary hammer, lower the gun again, and press the big red button! Tinma says, getting more and more excited as she continues her explanation.
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Al P
Norway
Orkanger
Sør Trondelag
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Ozgg grunts happily and slowly goes through the instructions then points the gun forward and fires sending a live giant centipede at 1custom4{Tinma;Milo;Indo;Hiriam} -> ( Tinma) -> ( Tinma)
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 377629. znirp81
  • 1custom4{Tinma;Milo;Indo;Hiriam} =
  • ( Tinma) =
  • ( Tinma)
  • Fri Jun 7, 2013 9:57 pm
1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [21] |