Jeff Fournier
United States
Belmont
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
Forget her. She's clearly too good to take our coin. It's bad enough we have to work for arrogant Venture Captains. I'm not going to take lip from a hired hand.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Evans
United Kingdom
Solihull
West Midlands
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
ionerie
"We're sorry to hear that. What foul circumstances have tainted your view of our noble society?"

psst.. anyone good at Diplomacy, fancy a go at sweet-talking her?

Ionerie tries to recall if she's heard of Darice and what her problem might be - Knowledge Local +4: 1d20+4 = (4) + 4 = 8
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 389923. ajevans
  • 1d20+4 =
  • (4) + 4 =
  • Sat Jun 29, 2013 8:22 am
John Morgan
Australia
North Parramatta
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
residue wrote:
"That is a nice looking wayfinder you got there. Where did you get it from?"

"None of your business north man!"
Darice scowls, a flash of pain flicking across her eyes, the fighter clearly striking a raw nerve.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Morgan
Australia
North Parramatta
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
nyriv wrote:
Forget her. She's clearly too good to take our coin. It's bad enough we have to work for arrogant Venture Captains. I'm not going to take lip from a hired hand.

"Ha, I'm surprised you even wanted ta pay me...your kind usually think they can just waltz in and get what they want!...but sure try your luck with the other captains...you'll need all you'll can get, that's all that i'll say!"
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Morgan
Australia
North Parramatta
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ajevans wrote:
"We're sorry to hear that. What foul circumstances have tainted your view of our noble society?"

psst.. anyone good at Diplomacy, fancy a go at sweet-talking her?

Ionerie tries to recall if she's heard of Darice and what her problem might be - Knowledge Local +4: ajevans previously rolled 1d20+4 = (4) + 4 = 8

Ionerie obviously didn't spend enough time chatting up the locals or asked the wrong ones. She doesn't recall any info on Darice and why she has a problem with the Pathfinder Society.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matias Dahlbäck
Finland
Raseborg
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
badge
I release my anger through writing.
mbmbmbmbmb
"Huh, someone broke your heart or took your honor, and all you ended up with was that?" Roland gestures at the wayfinder, and looks to the others if they can take the lead in these tender negotiations.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Morgan
Australia
North Parramatta
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
"How dare you! You have no idea what you're on about...what part of 'none of your business' did you not understand...now if you don't mind I have a voyage across to Escadar to prepare for...one that definitely won't include you!" Darice goes back to inspecting her ship and giving her crew instructions to get it ship shape.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erik
Germany
Heidelberg
Baden Wurtemburg
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
After the trek through the forrest, swap and fighting non horse head wearing druids, Rundal was very happy to sleep in a real bed last night and oversleep a bit, and spent some time cleaning up his gear this morning. He finally catches up to the Pathfinders hearing the end of the heated conversation with Darice. ¨Forgive me, but I am sure there is some middle ground. We are not looking to make any trouble, just try to find passage. You ship and crew look suitable for our voyage, and whatever problems you have had with the society, I would like to think we can set the record straight. ¨

Diplomacy: 1d20+6 = (17) + 6 = 23

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 389939. TheBigE
  • 1d20+6 =
  • (17) + 6 =
  • Sat Jun 29, 2013 11:11 am
John Morgan
Australia
North Parramatta
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Darice's mood seems to improve a little after Rundal's appearance and conciliatory words, but she still regards the group with indifference at best.

"Yes, well perhaps I overreacted a bit...your friends didn't really do anything wrong, I guess...well apart from being Pathfinders!"
she says the word as if it brings a bad taste to her mouth.

"You can't fix my problems...but you are right they are mine and not yours. Look, I'm sorry I snapped at you all, OK?...if its all the same, though, I don't want to take you! Your presence will just dredge up bad feelings...I don't want trouble either, so perhaps its best we leave it at that!"

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Evans
United Kingdom
Solihull
West Midlands
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
Ionerie
Bored at going nowhere with Darice, Ionerie starts asking around to see if the little fella, will be more willing to take us.

Knowledge 1d20+4 = (7) + 4 = 11
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 390215. ajevans
  • 1d20+4 =
  • (7) + 4 =
  • Sun Jun 30, 2013 8:50 am
John Morgan
Australia
North Parramatta
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ionerie finds that she might need to be more assertive during working hours. Everyone she talks to seems too busy to stop and chat at the moment, and she finds out nothing helpful about the little man except where to find him...in fact he is at the next ship next to Darice laughing under his breath at the conversation.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erik
Germany
Heidelberg
Baden Wurtemburg
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Walking across the Pier. ¨Good Day Sir, from the looks of you, I guess you have heard our conversation with your colleague across the way.¨
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Morgan
Australia
North Parramatta
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Darice shakes her head as the Pathfinders move on, without even a 'good day!. Typical, she thinks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Morgan
Australia
North Parramatta
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
TheBigE wrote:
Walking across the Pier. ¨Good Day Sir, from the looks of you, I guess you have heard our conversation with your colleague across the way.¨

Small otti is a fat halfling, well-groomed and eating a large sugary bun while he watches the Pathfinders approach.

"Yes, hard not to hear it...young Darice has a good heart, but she doesn't take well to Pathfinders, as you found out for yourself. Me, I have no such prejudices. Money is money as far as I'm concerned...yours is as good as any. I hear you need travel to Escadar, yes?"
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erik
Germany
Heidelberg
Baden Wurtemburg
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
¨Hello Sir, it seems that Darice certainly has some embedded issues. So given your ship, do you already have a manifest for sailing to Escadar? We have heard of some conflicts in the water outside the Harbor, and we would like to avoid these issues. ¨ Rundal looks down for a bit to allow the small halfling to contemplate, and awaits an answer.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Morgan
Australia
North Parramatta
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
"Yes, well I didn't have any plans to head over to Escadar for a few days...I'm waiting for some goods to arrive from inland, but I'll make a special trip for you if you like. Only 55 gold pieces should do it!" The little halfling takes a bite from his bun. "Oh and I wouldn't expect any troubles." He pats his generous belly. "All my extra padding will keep us afloat, don't you worry. No boat of mine will ever sink while I'm as bouyant as this. So what will it be...55gp and we head out today!"
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Evans
United Kingdom
Solihull
West Midlands
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
Ionerie
“55gp! That’s a little steep. But anyway we don’t want to sail on an empty stomach. How about joining us for a bite to eat and we can perhaps discuss price?”
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Morgan
Australia
North Parramatta
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
"Wonderful idea! Yes, now you're talking...hmmm what shall we have? Roast chicken...no, duck...actually pork, yes pork...AND chicken...and what shall we have for main course? Got to keep my bouyancy up!" Otti agrees to join the group for some lunch.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Fournier
United States
Belmont
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
Best not have too many heavy sauces then. So tell me, are there any good places to eat on Escadar? I imagine they do wonders with fish dishes, so delicious and fresh...

Gisni will delicately try to keep his mind on the trip, but as none of us have Local Knowledge, we can't really point out good places across the water...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matias Dahlbäck
Finland
Raseborg
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Roland trudges along and tries to keep his mouth shut less he insults the tiny half-human as well. See?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Morgan
Australia
North Parramatta
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
"Yes you are right. Escadar has wonderful food...and with my 55gp I'll buy myself a right feast!" Otti looks to the group expectantly. "So are we sailing or not?"
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matias Dahlbäck
Finland
Raseborg
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
"Guys, I really don't feel like seeking up old & crazy..." murmurs Roland.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Evans
United Kingdom
Solihull
West Midlands
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
Ionerie
"Not before we eat! Let's eat here" said Ionerie pointing to a nearby Inn.

"Pork and Chicken it is then, and maybe a beer to go with that?" said Ionerie to the little fella.

"You guys can pay for yourselves. ...psst.. someone try and butter him up when his fed"

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erik
Germany
Heidelberg
Baden Wurtemburg
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Walking up behind the Rogue and Halfling, ¨I am a little hungry, not much to eat in those woods. ¨ Coming up on the other side of the Rogue from the Halfing, Rundal whispers, but loud enough for the halfing to hear. ¨Food is good, but I have heard that down the pier there may be some cheaper fares?. ¨
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Morgan
Australia
North Parramatta
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
"Food is good? Food is great my friend...why else do we work if not to eat? Eat, drink and be merry in fact!" Otti seems mildly offended by Rundal's lack of interest in eating. "Well good luck getting those cheap fares. You didn't fare too well with young Darice...don't tell me you're thinking of going with Crazy Old Tanner? Hahahahah!"

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
[1]  Prev «  7 , 8 , 9 , 10 , 11  Next »  [13] |