Erik
Germany
Heidelberg
Baden Wurtemburg
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Seeing everyone make it across the river, Rundal puts away his bow and begins to cross.

What am I rolling against?
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Morgan
Australia
North Parramatta
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
DC 10 Acrobatics to go across the log, or DC 13 Strength bonus to wade across the river.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erik
Germany
Heidelberg
Baden Wurtemburg
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Wading across the water, Rundal enters, and it is cold....

1d20+2 = (12) + 2 = 14
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 380956. TheBigE
  • 1d20+2 =
  • (12) + 2 =
  • 14
  • Thu Jun 13, 2013 2:30 pm
John Morgan
Australia
North Parramatta
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
The group safely makes it across and still see no sign of the black cat. They notice that there are probably only about 2 hours of light left in the day. It will soon be time to start thinking of setting up camp for the night...
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matias Dahlbäck
Finland
Raseborg
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
badge
I release my anger through writing.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
"Yeah, not liking this at all. Keep your eyes open. I bet that cat still out there, and maybe pissed we interrupted its dinner..."
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Morgan
Australia
North Parramatta
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
So, are you guys going to setup camp near the river, or travel a bit further into the forest before bedding down for the night? Let me know where you are camping and also any arrangements for watches through the night etc.

I am sure it will be an uneventful night, so this is all just for completeness sake! No need to worry! whistle
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erik
Germany
Heidelberg
Baden Wurtemburg
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
¨Perhaps making camp here tonight is our best move, I am thinking any deeper into the forest we are not guaranteed a good spot. Plus cats do not like water right? ¨
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matias Dahlbäck
Finland
Raseborg
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
badge
I release my anger through writing.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
"Well, this kitty cat didn't mind crossing the river. But either way, here a bit in the open is better, then we can see them coming."
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jake Hermance
United States
Arlington
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Torent


Looking around the clearing Torent says, "yes, this looks like a good spot. Who wants first watch?"
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Evans
United Kingdom
Solihull
West Midlands
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmb
"I'll take first watch, not quite tired yet"
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matias Dahlbäck
Finland
Raseborg
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
badge
I release my anger through writing.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
"I'm an early riser, so I can take the last spot."
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erik
Germany
Heidelberg
Baden Wurtemburg
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
¨I will hit the sack right now and be up for the second watch, Ioneri give me a nudge when the cat...er...ahh...when it is time for my watch.¨
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Fournier
United States
Belmont
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
I need my beauty (spell) sleep, so I'll join the last watch. .

But let's camp far enough away so the kitty cat can choose between us and its leftovers.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Morgan
Australia
North Parramatta
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Ionerie takes the first watch as the rest of the group and Nester bed down for the night. After about an hour as the sleeping Pathfinders drift into a deep sleep...

?: 1d20+10 = (16) + 10 = 26
Ionerie: 1d20+7 = (9) + 7 = 16


1custom5{Roland;Rundal;Torent;Gisni;Nester} -> ( Nester) -> ( Nester) is awoken by a hideous looking black cat with violet eyes and a loose skinned face attempting to munch on his arm. The cat managed to sneak out of the thick trees without Ionerie noticing it.

Attack: 1d20+2 = (7) + 2 = 9 Damage: 1d6 = (1) = 1

"Aieeeeee! The cat is attacking me...Wake up! Wake up!"


INIT
23 Torent
21 Roland
17 Ionerie
15 The hideous cat -7hp
15 Gisni
11 Rundal


MAP

 


Torent
Roland
Ionerie...are up!

Remember Torent and Roland start as prone, so a move just to get up and you still need to grab your weapons, which if you have a BAB+1 I am happy for you to do as you get up, otherwise that is a 2nd move action.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 381635. greenclaw
  • 1d20+10 =
  • (16) + 10 =
  • 26
  • Fri Jun 14, 2013 2:19 pm
  • [+]
  • 381636. greenclaw
  • 1d20+7 =
  • (9) + 7 =
  • 16
  • Fri Jun 14, 2013 2:20 pm
  • [+]
  • 381637. greenclaw
  • 1custom5{Roland;Rundal;Torent;Gisni;Nester} =
  • ( Nester) =
  • ( Nester)
  • Fri Jun 14, 2013 2:22 pm
  • [+]
  • 381639. greenclaw
  • 1d20+6 =
  • (9) + 6 =
  • 15
  • Fri Jun 14, 2013 2:27 pm
  • [+]
  • 381640. greenclaw
  • 1d20+2 =
  • (13) + 2 =
  • 15
  • Fri Jun 14, 2013 2:27 pm
  • [+]
  • 381641. greenclaw
  • 1d20+6 =
  • (11) + 6 =
  • 17
  • Fri Jun 14, 2013 2:27 pm
  • [+]
  • 381642. greenclaw
  • 1d20+3 =
  • (18) + 3 =
  • 21
  • Fri Jun 14, 2013 2:28 pm
  • [+]
  • 381643. greenclaw
  • 1d20+5 =
  • (6) + 5 =
  • 11
  • Fri Jun 14, 2013 2:28 pm
  • [+]
  • 381644. greenclaw
  • 1d20+8 =
  • (15) + 8 =
  • 23
  • Fri Jun 14, 2013 2:28 pm
  • [+]
  • 381645. greenclaw
  • 1d20+2 =
  • (7) + 2 =
  • 9
  • Fri Jun 14, 2013 2:29 pm
  • [+]
  • 381646. greenclaw
  • 1d6 =
  • (1) =
  • 1
  • Fri Jun 14, 2013 2:29 pm
Jake Hermance
United States
Arlington
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Hearing Nester's scream, Torent Jumps to his feet and gives a swift kick to the kitty...


Kick 1d20+2 = (5) + 2 = 7
Damage 1d6+2 = (2) + 2 = 4
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 381660. Otterjets
  • 1d20+2 =
  • (5) + 2 =
  • 7
  • Kick
  • Fri Jun 14, 2013 2:58 pm
  • [+]
  • 381661. Otterjets
  • 1d6+2 =
  • (2) + 2 =
  • 4
  • Damage
  • Fri Jun 14, 2013 2:58 pm
John Morgan
Australia
North Parramatta
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
The cat slides nimbly our of the way of Torent's sleepy kick with a hiss, the monk clearly needing time to get his bearings after being so rudely awakened.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Evans
United Kingdom
Solihull
West Midlands
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmb
Ionerie skirts round the group in attempt to flank the cat, whilst drawing her rapier.

Attack: 1d20+5 = (8) + 5 = 13 +2 flanking = 17
Damage:1d6 = (2) = 2
Sneak damage:1d6 = (2) = 2
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 381675. ajevans
  • 1d20+5 =
  • (8) + 5 =
  • 13
  • Fri Jun 14, 2013 3:20 pm
  • [+]
  • 381676. ajevans
  • 1d6 =
  • (2) =
  • 2
  • Fri Jun 14, 2013 3:23 pm
  • [+]
  • 381677. ajevans
  • 1d6 =
  • (2) =
  • 2
  • Fri Jun 14, 2013 3:23 pm
Matias Dahlbäck
Finland
Raseborg
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
badge
I release my anger through writing.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Roland wakes up and springs to action. He rises, grabs his axe, and moves around Rundal to get to the cat from the side. Still a bit groggy he doesn't swing but screams as he moves to get the cat's attention.

Move SE, then NE. Roland is without armor right now. No sleep in medium armor for this guy.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Morgan
Australia
North Parramatta
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I will assume Ionerie waits until Roland moves around to the other side of the cat before attacking. Remember to get flanking bonus you have to have someone threatening the enemy on the direct opposite side as you are attack from.

As Roland moves up to help threaten the cat, Ionerie manages a well placed attack that cuts into the cat's side.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Morgan
Australia
North Parramatta
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
The cat turns to Ionerie and lets out a loud screech. As it does this the skin on its face pulls back, revealing the muscles and glistening bones of its skull.



Ionerie WILL: 1d20+1 = (7) + 1 = 8
Ionerie is stricken with fear at the horrible sight and turns to flee as fast as she can.

Ionerie has the frightened condition. On her next 1d4 = (3) = 3 rounds she must flee by any means possible.

A frightened creature flees from the source of its fear as best it can. If unable to flee, it may fight. A frightened creature takes a –2 penalty on all attack rolls, saving throws, skill checks, and ability checks. A frightened creature can use special abilities, including spells, to flee; indeed, the creature must use such means if they are the only way to escape.

Frightened is like shaken, except that the creature must flee if possible.


The cat then steps into the heavy undergrowth of the forest, where even Roland has trouble making out exactly where it might be.

NB: all the squares with trees have the following rules:

Heavy undergrowth costs 4 squares of movement to move into and provides concealment with a 30% miss chance (instead of the usual 20%). It increases the DC of Acrobatics checks by 5. Heavy undergrowth is easy to hide in, granting a +5 circumstance bonus on Stealth checks. Running and charging are impossible. Squares with undergrowth are often clustered together. Undergrowth and trees aren't mutually exclusive; it's common for a 5-foot square to have both a tree and undergrowth.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 382097. greenclaw
  • 1d20+1 =
  • (7) + 1 =
  • 8
  • Sat Jun 15, 2013 8:28 am
  • [+]
  • 382103. greenclaw
  • 1d4 =
  • (3) =
  • 3
  • Sat Jun 15, 2013 8:34 am
John Morgan
Australia
North Parramatta
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Gisni
Rundal...are up!

and then back to the top with

Torent
Roland
Ionerie
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Fournier
United States
Belmont
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
Back up and make it come out of the woods if it wants to attack!

Gisni will stand up and throw a Magic Missile at the beast

HIde from us, will you? 1d4+1 = (2) + 1 = 3


I'm tempted to throw a rope out there for Ionerie, but I'm sure we'll need to do it later anyway...
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 382289. nyriv
  • 1d4+1 =
  • (2) + 1 =
  • 3
  • HIde from us, will you?
  • Sat Jun 15, 2013 5:51 pm
John Morgan
Australia
North Parramatta
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Gisni's magical missile strikes unerringly into the cat, exploding off a part of its flesh.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matias Dahlbäck
Finland
Raseborg
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
badge
I release my anger through writing.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Poke for Rundal.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erik
Germany
Heidelberg
Baden Wurtemburg
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Rundal wakes from his sleep to see Gisani Magic Missiles fly overhead to the hideous creature. Groggily he speaks ¨What, is that you mother? ¨ Only to soon realise that the pretty kitty is not so pretty He grabs his longspear he was given by the Urdel, and steps and strikes.

Poke: 1d20+3 = (4) + 3 = 7
Twist: 1d8+2 = (3) + 2 = 5

2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 382672. TheBigE
  • 1d20+3 =
  • (4) + 3 =
  • 7
  • Sun Jun 16, 2013 1:51 pm
  • [+]
  • 382674. TheBigE
  • 1d8+2 =
  • (3) + 2 =
  • 5
  • Sun Jun 16, 2013 1:51 pm
[1]  Prev «  1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [13] |