Matias Dahlbäck
Finland
Raseborg
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
badge
I release my anger through writing.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Roland politely shuts up. If this is a situation requiring tact, refinement and any sort of social skills he's not going to try and 'help', or things could get ugly.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erik
Germany
Heidelberg
Baden Wurtemburg
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Rundal, patting Roland on the back, realizes he better step in before we become Shish Kebabs and horse food. ¨Good Evening Sir, I presume you are the sentinal of the forrest? Thank you for the warning, we intend only to pass through the forrest leaving it undisturbed.¨ With a slight pause, he continues ¨We have been sent this way by the Society. Can you give us more information about this Cat? We have an important mission and must travel through the forest quickly.¨

Diplomacy: 1d20+6 = (20) + 6 = 26
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 380096. TheBigE
  • 1d20+6 =
  • (20) + 6 =
  • 26
  • Wed Jun 12, 2013 9:25 am
John Morgan
Australia
North Parramatta
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
The leader of the group seems impressed by Rundal's approach, breaking out in a warm smile. In his deep, hearty voice he replies. "The Society you say, the Pathfinder Society? I have met many a fine fellow from there...well met! I am Urdel Thunderhoof, leader of the Centaurs of this forest." Urdel reaches into his pack and brings out a handful of small berries. "Here, take these for your journey. They will sustain you in time of need, and take this also...you may need it against the black cat that stalks in the woods." The centaur takes a long spear from his back and hands it to Rundal.

"I fear this cat is no simple animal, for just two days ago we felt the cat's presence as if it were herding us into an ambush. We would ask that if you see this beast you slay it as it is a force of evil in these woods!"

The centaur has given you 8 goodberries and a masterwork longspear to help you on your journey.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matias Dahlbäck
Finland
Raseborg
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
badge
I release my anger through writing.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Roland grind at Rundal and gives him two big thumbs up.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Fournier
United States
Belmont
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
Thank you good sirs. Should we face this cat, we shall bring it to its final rest, but we cannot tarry to hunt it. We will, however remain most vigilant while in these lands thanks to your warning.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Morgan
Australia
North Parramatta
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
The rest of the day after saying farewell to the centaurs and the subsequent night passes uneventfully. Late on the next day the sound of running water echoes ahead, and several muted beams of light pierce the thick forest canopy. Soon the dense forest opens, revealing a river that blocks the way forward. A large felled tree trunk offers a way over the swift moving river. With the exception of the rushing sound of the water, an eerie silence pervades the area, as does the fresh smell of death. The half-eaten carcass of a large deer stains the forest’s foliage near a fast moving river.

MAP

 
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matias Dahlbäck
Finland
Raseborg
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
badge
I release my anger through writing.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Roland hunches down and approaches the carcass, studying the wounds and the mess and trying to determine what killed it, hoping against hope it's not a big kitty cat. Or rats. God help us if it's rats.

Is Survival maybe the proper skill? 1d20+5 = (12) + 5 = 17
3 
 Thumb up
0.05
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 380280. residue
  • 1d20+5 =
  • (12) + 5 =
  • 17
  • Is Survival maybe the proper skill?
  • Wed Jun 12, 2013 4:17 pm
John Morgan
Australia
North Parramatta
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Survival is good, or not so good, depending on whether you like what you find!

Roland identifies several rake marks scar the carcass, suggesting a powerful feline felled this animal. He also discovers fresh paw indentations in the forest’s dirt floor leading to a large oak tree trunk that bridges the gap over the river.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matias Dahlbäck
Finland
Raseborg
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
badge
I release my anger through writing.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
The fighter straightens up, moving carefully, and with his gaze intent on the river ahead of them he unslings his bow and knocks an arrow. He turns his head slightly to adress the others, while looking ahead. "Kitty up front. Eyes wide open now, yeah?"
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jake Hermance
United States
Arlington
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Torent raises his bow an knocks and arrow and moves along the trees towards the fallen Oak looking for any sign of the kitty on the other side.

stealth 1d20+6 = (12) + 6 = 18
Perception 1d20+8 = (20) + 8 = 28

2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 380315. Otterjets
  • 1d20+6 =
  • (12) + 6 =
  • 18
  • stealth
  • Wed Jun 12, 2013 5:12 pm
  • [+]
  • 380316. Otterjets
  • 1d20+8 =
  • (20) + 8 =
  • 28
  • Perception
  • Wed Jun 12, 2013 5:12 pm
Jeff Fournier
United States
Belmont
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
Gisni will prepare her crossbow and watch the crossing as Torent approaches, ready to fire at anything that appears.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Evans
United Kingdom
Solihull
West Midlands
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmb
Ionerie readies her shortbow in preparation for the cat. She's allergic to cats.

I've bought a bedroll, rations and a waterskin, I assume that's fine
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matias Dahlbäck
Finland
Raseborg
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
badge
I release my anger through writing.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Any difficulty involved in crossing the river by walking over the tree?
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Morgan
Australia
North Parramatta
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Otterjets wrote:
Torent raises his bow an knocks and arrow and moves along the trees towards the fallen Oak looking for any sign of the kitty on the other side.

Otterjets previously rolled 1d20+6 = (12) + 6 = 18 (stealth )
Otterjets previously rolled 1d20+8 = (20) + 8 = 28 (Perception)


Torent scans the forest and catches a glimpse of a black cat with violet eyes watching them from the woods on the opposite side of the river. Rundal doesn't see the cat, but feels a piercing presence as if something is watching him. As soon as they notice the cat's presence it quickly disappears, deep into the woods on the far side.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Morgan
Australia
North Parramatta
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Crossing the river via the makeshift bridge is a DC10 Acrobatics check, and yes you can take 10. If you prefer to cross through the water then it is a DC13 Strength check instead.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matias Dahlbäck
Finland
Raseborg
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
badge
I release my anger through writing.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Growling slightly as the kitty just doesn't seem to want to appear for some target practice Roland asks the others: "Anyone want to go over to the other side and act as bait?"
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Evans
United Kingdom
Solihull
West Midlands
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmb
Ionerie takes 10 in crossing the stream using the log, her eyes scanning the trees for the cat.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Morgan
Australia
North Parramatta
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Ionerie makes it safely across the stream but there is no more sign of the cat since it retreated back into the trees.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erik
Germany
Heidelberg
Baden Wurtemburg
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Rundal walks up to the near the edge of the rushing stream, looking across the river to see where the cat withdrew into the Forest. ¨Here Kitty, Kitty, Kitty? ¨ He draws his Shiney New Composite Longbow Don't you just love the smell of a new weapon.. and prepares to provide cover to those crossing the river.

Perception Check (if needed) while scanning the woods: 1d20+2 = (4) + 2 = 6
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 380829. TheBigE
  • 1d20+2 =
  • (4) + 2 =
  • 6
  • Thu Jun 13, 2013 9:23 am
Matias Dahlbäck
Finland
Raseborg
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
badge
I release my anger through writing.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Roland tucks away the bow and also moves over to the other side of the river (taking 10), and once there readies his shield and axe, should a kitty come rushing out whilst the others come over the river.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Evans
United Kingdom
Solihull
West Midlands
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmb
"Call me paranoid, but I've a feeling we'll be seeing that cat again!"

Ionerie ponders to herself, if we can just burn down all the trees, the cat can't jump out and surprise us! There's probably a flaw with that plan. Better keep it to myself so I don't look daft.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Morgan
Australia
North Parramatta
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Ionerie and Roland are safely across. The group nervously watches the treelines for signs of movement but since their first sighting they still haven't seen or sensed the cat's presence again.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jake Hermance
United States
Arlington
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Torent will take ten and cross.

2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Fournier
United States
Belmont
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
Gisni will also cross after switching to her normal dagger, wondering if this is what they mean by traffic... forty minutes to cross a bridge.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Morgan
Australia
North Parramatta
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Everyone except Rundal has made it across the bridge.

I assume Rundal is going to try wading through the water. He will have to roll either way, I think.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
[1]  Prev «  1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [13] |