John Morgan
Australia
North Parramatta
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This is the OOC thread for one of our offical RPG Geek Pathfinder Society Games. Click here to learn how you can join the guild and take part in our regular offering of sanctioned Pathfinder Society games!

Our cast of characters:

Character Player Class/Level PFS #

Ioneri Treants ajevans Rogue 1 82155-1
Gisni nyriv Wizard 1 55168-2
Rundal TheBigE Paladin 1 81598-1
Roland Eilifsson residue Fighter 1 78307-3
Torent Lovituri otterjets Monk 1 66260-3

Quick link to the Character Depository thread.
Quick link to the IC thread.

Housekeeping

1. Everyone's favourite rule...HAVE FUN!

2. If you have any questions or issues that are getting in the way of Rule No. 1 let me know and I am sure we can sort them out.

3. Please try to post regularly, at least once a day as a minimum during the week and at least once over the course of the weekend. I will check the thread at least twice a day but most likely more regularly than that.

4. If you are going to be absent or unable to post for an extended time please let me know so that we can work around this or at least be prepared.

5. Generally if someone hasn't taken an action or posted in a 24 hour period I will try and contact that person, but may 'ghost' that character to keep the story moving. If this occurs the character will either delay their action if in combat, or be considered as standing quietly at the back of the group if out of combat.

All rules are available free of charge at The Pathfinder SRD but please post any questions or rules clarifications in this thread and I will answer them ASAP.

Here are some useful/essential links if you want to read up on Pathfinder in general and Pathfinder Society play in particular:

Guide to Organised Play: Essential reading if you want to make take part in Pathfinder Society Play.
Additional Resources: Lists certain restrictions etc that pertain to Pathfinder Society Play
Paizo site: where you register your character and download and/or purchase Pathfinder resources etc.

and some excellent strategy blogs that have been passed on to me and are worth having a look at if you are so inclined:

Guide to the classes
Mergy's Methods
Strategy Articles
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matias Dahlbäck
Finland
Raseborg
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
badge
I release my anger through writing.
mbmbmbmbmb
*pre-game moshing*
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Evans
United Kingdom
Solihull
West Midlands
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
Hmm so 2PP will grant be a single item purchase of 750gp or less.

I would like a better rapier. A master work rapier would cost 320gp, and that's 430gp of purchase wasted.

At the risk of sounding a bit munchkiny, is there anyway I could potentially pimp such a rapier to get the most out of the 2PP?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Fournier
United States
Belmont
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
Gisni's ready to go... no new purchases, but she is a bit concerned about the "wilderness trek" portion of the next adventure. She's a city gal at heart.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Morgan
Australia
North Parramatta
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ajevans wrote:
Hmm so 2PP will grant be a single item purchase of 750gp or less.

I would like a better rapier. A master work rapier would cost 320gp, and that's 430gp of purchase wasted.

At the risk of sounding a bit munchkiny, is there anyway I could potentially pimp such a rapier to get the most out of the 2PP?

Not really, not in any way that would really be worth the 2PP spend. You can try Special materials, but those that you could afford wouldn't really make it all that much better value I wouldn't think. Cold Iron or Silver are popular choices for their benefits over things like demons, fey or undead.

I would suggest waiting until you can afford buying it with cash. The next step up is getting it enchanted to +1 but that is another 2000gp.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Morgan
Australia
North Parramatta
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
So just Rundal's stats needed. Erik said he was out of town until this morning, so once he's settled back in I plan to get the game started over the weekend.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erik
Germany
Heidelberg
Baden Wurtemburg
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Back now....good to be back in the office to catch up on PFS stuff..whew. Should have Rundal Updated today.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erik
Germany
Heidelberg
Baden Wurtemburg
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I have 4 PP, do not see much additional to get. Do we need another CLW Wand?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matias Dahlbäck
Finland
Raseborg
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
TheBigE wrote:
I have 4 PP, do not see much additional to get. Do we need another CLW Wand?

I think we're good with the one.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erik
Germany
Heidelberg
Baden Wurtemburg
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Saving the PP, getting a Comp Longbow.....it is getting real around here...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Evans
United Kingdom
Solihull
West Midlands
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
I'm off on a gaming weekend tonight, so my ability to post between now and Monday morning will largely be dependent on the mobile signal in the forestry lodge I'm staying in.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Fournier
United States
Belmont
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
Poor Gisni clearly is having endurance problems... it's always the last few rols.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erik
Germany
Heidelberg
Baden Wurtemburg
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
First off, in totally out of game...sorry about the Bruins, but heck of a game last night....we now return to your normally schedule program.

I guess it does not make much sense to try talking at this point with the Dead Horse Wearing Kobold.

Having played a few more games now of PF, would like to see what other options might have been available rather than just jumping into combat.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Morgan
Australia
North Parramatta
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
That ain't no horse she be wearing! Not any horse I would want to ride, not with teeth like that anyway!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Morgan
Australia
North Parramatta
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Now you guys worry about diplomatic approaches after you guys wiped out a whole colony of kobolds that were quite willing to cooperate...this nasstee lady? We'll see! whistle
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erik
Germany
Heidelberg
Baden Wurtemburg
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I certainly do not remember the Kobolds were will to help...however, I am sure there is room for interpretation.

I was thinking Horse Head with teeth...either way, I harken back to Godfather...Lets make him an offer he can't refuse.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Morgan
Australia
North Parramatta
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Well actually you guys came around the dungeon sort of the back way. If you had come the other way the kobold leader was willing to talk and help you deal with the firespeaker, but since you came in the back way you had already killed half her tribe and the time for diplomacy had sadly passed.

As for this nasstee lady...not much chance of getting on her good side. Not all encounters have a diplomatic solution!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erik
Germany
Heidelberg
Baden Wurtemburg
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
SO my thought is to go in Grand Super Hero Fashion and roll out of the grease (AoA by Gillman), stand up, and attack. I would think the grease only covers a 10 foot square and I am on the edge.

Grease says any creature walking must make an Acrobatics Check, do for rolling the same?

Just trying to figure out how best to covert this to PF Dice rolls. Thoughts?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Morgan
Australia
North Parramatta
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You have to make the Acrobatics roll to move once you stand up. Once you have made that you can make your roll to get through any threatened squares.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Evans
United Kingdom
Solihull
West Midlands
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
Apologies on holiday this week with limited chance to post. Feel free to play my character conservatively for me otherwise the combat will drag out.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Morgan
Australia
North Parramatta
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
No worries. Thanks Andy. I will bot Ionerie until you return. Just let us know when you are back. Have fun!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erik
Germany
Heidelberg
Baden Wurtemburg
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sorry to be quiet over the last days, my daughter was born on Saturday. I should be able to catch up later today or Monday. Feel free to Bot my character as needed
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matias Dahlbäck
Finland
Raseborg
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey! Congratulations
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Morgan
Australia
North Parramatta
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Congrats Erik! Great news!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Evans
United Kingdom
Solihull
West Midlands
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
Congrats, hope all went well.

I'm back from holiday now, so normal posting should resume for me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   |