Finland
Raseborg
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
badge
I release my anger through writing.
mbmbmbmbmb
This is the In Character [IC] thread for one of our offical RPG Geek Pathfinder Society Games. Click here to learn how you can join the guild and take part in our regular offering of sanctioned Pathfinder Society games!

This thread is for rules questions, character creation discussion and general chat or banter.

Our cast of characters:

Character Player Class/Level PFS #

Sakura Nij eddie_drood Ninja 1 52640-4
Uriah Haymer Bearpaw Gunslinger 1 23847-5
Adione cocuzzi Inquisitor 1 87646-1
Nora St. Claire beekers Fighter 1 91872-1
Ta’lon Bludhaven Hadda Magus 1 89983-1

Quick link to Character Depository.
Quick link to the OOC thread.

Housekeeping

1. Everyone's favourite rule...HAVE FUN!

2. If you have any questions or issues that are getting in the way of Rule No. 1 let me know and I am sure we can sort them out.

3. Please try to post regularly, at least once a day as a minimum during the week and at least once over the course of the weekend. I will check the thread at least twice a day but most likely more regularly than that.

4. If you are going to be absent or unable to post for an extended time please let me know so that we can work around this or at least be prepared.

5. Generally if someone hasn't taken an action or posted in a 24 hour period I will try and contact that person, but may 'ghost' that character to keep the story moving. If this occurs the character will either delay their action if in combat, or be considered as standing quietly at the back of the group if out of combat.

All rules are available free of charge at The Pathfinder SRD but please post any questions or rules clarifications in this thread and I will answer them ASAP.

Here are some useful/essential links if you want to read up on Pathfinder in general and Pathfinder Society play in particular:

Guide to Organised Play: Essential reading if you want to make take part in Pathfinder Society Play.
Additional Resources: Lists certain restrictions etc that pertain to Pathfinder Society Play
Paizo site: where you register your character and download and/or purchase Pathfinder resources etc.

and some excellent strategy blogs that have been passed on to me and are worth having a look at if you are so inclined:

Guide to the classes
Mergy's Methods
Strategy Articles
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matias Dahlbäck
Finland
Raseborg
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The Pathfinder Society has seen fit to send you out on a mission. You all meet up in the Pathfinder Society's safehouse in Padiskar. It is possible that this is the first time you all meet each other.

The city of Padiskar near the northern tip of the Isle of Jalmeray is not so much a city as a ring of small villages surrounding a massive, howling ruin, from which terrifying screams of whatever the Vudrani Maharaja Khiben-Sald left there in ancient times can still be heard. The new Venture-Captain Vasuman Mihir maintains a small safe house for the Pathfinder Society here, taking over from Padiskar’s longtime Venture-Captain Aamina Shahrazad, who was recently murdered by men loyal to Zamir, a bandit lord and rumored Aspis Consortium agent who operates out of the nearby jungles.

Venture-Captain Mihir’s briefing was short and serious.

“This is a fake scepter of the arclords,” he said, hefting a bejeweled staff in his hands bearing glowing runes across its surface. “You will lead a caravan toward Niswan carrying this false relic and several crates of minor magical items. My porter, a young boy named Waman, will give you a detailed travel itinerary, which you must follow with care. Except that it is almost certain that you will be ambushed before you reach your destination, since young Waman is a spy for the Aspis Consortium and has sold out and murdered a dozen or more of our brethren and associates, including our former venture-captain. I’m sure of it. The scepter is bait in a trap, and you are the teeth. Do not let on to Waman that you know of his transgressions — we need him to lead us to his master, the bandit lord Zamir. We’ll either make Zamir our man or disrupt his business permanently. I’ll deal with Waman myself once this affair is resolved.”

Venture-Captain Mihir held up a second item, a plain-looking but easily recognizable wayfinder. “This wayfinder is also a fake, although unlike the scepter, it does have real power. The dial always points to the scepter.” Mihir demonstrated, moving the wayfinder in a circle around the scepter, the needle pointing unerringly at it.

“Waman gave Zamir information that enabled the bandit fool to steal artifacts from dozens of our caravans and even from safe houses such as this one. Zamir has a method of disassembling the artifacts so that he can smuggle them off the island with ease, bound for ports of call in Cheliax. What we do not know is where Zamir is, since he never attacks with his men.”

“I gave Waman the information about your journey, so at some point along the route, Zamir’s bandits will ambush you. Previous experience indicates that his bandits will not kill if they don’t have to. Let them steal the scepter. You must put up a small struggle, maybe even kill or injure several of his men, but most importantly you must let them escape and they must escape with the scepter.”

“Give them a few hours after the ambush to escape and then use the wayfinder to track Zamir to his hideout. Zamir is an arrogant man whose loyalties lie with whoever can make him famous to the people of Jalmeray. Right now he believes the Aspis Consortium is the answer. You will either convince him that the Society is the answer - as he could be a very powerful ally in the region - or you’ll end his operations for good. How you handle it, I leave to you. Good luck on your journey and may the gods guide your hand.”
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matias Dahlbäck
Finland
Raseborg
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
VC Mihir looks over the very diverse crew, his jaw set tightly. "Now, are there any questions? The caravan leaves day after tomorrow, so you'll have some time to get accustomed to our lovely climate, look over your equipment and fraternize or whatever it is you do on your time off, what?"
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
whiskey tango foxtrot
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
One Overtext To Rule Them All
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Adione nods to acknowledge VC Mihir's mission, "May Gorum's hand guide us all." Adione closes his eyes and prays briefly. Speaking with minimal excitement in his voice, Adione asks, "Venture-Captain, are there any additional supplies you can provide? Or any estimate as to the size or capabilities of the Ambush Party?"

Adione looks at the group, loosely sizing up their capabilities. Speaking in the same nearly dead-pan tone, Adione says to the group, "I am Adione, of the Silver Crusade. Please let me know if you need any assistance."

Speaking directly to Ta'lon, Adione says a few words in Abyssal.
Spoiler (click to reveal)
Hopefully what this group lacks in plate mail they make up for in firepower.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matias Dahlbäck
Finland
Raseborg
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
"You are free to give me a list of anything you might need, and I'll make sure the quartermaster prepares it. Equipment will be handed over in the exchange of legal tender. As for Zamir's forces... We don’t know exactly. The villagers are sure that he’s absorbed several smaller jungle-bandit groups and we’ve heard rumors that the long-deposed and villainous monks of the Tiger’s Eye are working for him.” speaks the VC.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Reaver Jetbiker
Scotland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
(Tigerlily's eyes flick nervously from the VC to Adione, and back again)

"I can't say that I am entirely comfortable with travelling with a.... daemon.... especially if it's going to growl like that...

Nor am I particularly keen on the idea of travelling with a backstabbing murderer. We shall certainly need to sleep with one eye open while he is around.

But we are here to serve, and it is as you wish."

(Tigerlily takes and examines the scepter carefully)

"You are absolutely sure that they will be unable to tell that this is a fake ?"

(Tigerlily dutifully returns the sceptre after a brief but thorough examination)

(she turns to the assembled group)
"It is good to meet you all (she eyes the Tieflings warily). I am Tigerlily. I hope to get to know you all better soon."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matias Dahlbäck
Finland
Raseborg
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
"I am confident, and I have been assured, that Zamir will be unable to determine that the scepter is false. It shouldn't be an issue either way, however, since I assume you'll be following the sceptre closely as it's being taken to his lair."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Reaver Jetbiker
Scotland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
"It is most likely that Zamir will send his men to ambush us, while remaining safe within the confines of his lair.
As you said, he never attacks with his men... as is only wise for someone of his standing and notoriety.

However closely we follow them, I think it would be a great problem were the bandits to realise that the sceptre is a fake before reaching the lair.

But you are correct to say that I am probably worrying about nothing.

I have confidence in your sources, and trust your invisible hand to guide us safely towards our goal."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
whiskey tango foxtrot
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Adione ignores the slight against his heritage, shrugging to Ta'lon.

"I would hope that an encounter with this group would leave their survivors too frightened to stop and inspect the scepter that carefully," he says monotonously.

"The trick, I think, will be to position the scepter in a way that will allow its theft without putting any of us at risk, and without risking the shipment."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
whiskey tango foxtrot
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Returning his attention to the VC, Adione asks, "Venture-Captain, as we are being sent directly toward an ambush, who bears responsibility for the actual shipment should it be damaged or stolen by our ambushers?"

Adione's tail retrieves his mug and presents it to his hand. He casts Create Water to fill his mug, and takes a drink. "Is anybody else thirsty?"
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matias Dahlbäck
Finland
Raseborg
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
"Ah, your concern is touching. While damage or needless theft would be regrettable, it is a loss we can live with. Fact is, the only thing of 'real' value in this shipment will be the scepter. I've let the traitor Waman know that the scepter is the so called scepter of the arclords, recently uncovered. There is of course no such thing, but they have no way of telling that."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eddie Drood
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
Seriously, call Kenny Loggins because you're in the Danger Zone!
badge
M, as in Mancy
mbmbmbmbmb
Sakura remains quiet, listening to the VC while she ties back her long hair, already thinking about twisting it to tuck into her hood when the fighting starts.

"It will be a good test of skill. I am ready to go whenever the group is ready."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nicholas Jaramillo
United States
Beavercreek
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
Improvise, Adapt, Overcome
badge
I drink and know things
mbmbmbmbmb
Ta'lon looks to Adione Abyssal
Spoiler (click to reveal)
The little one thinks us descended from daemons, how insulting. I do not know if this group is up to the challenge, looks to me as we are going to have to be the muscle that convinces this Zamir and his goons to see the true path

Ta'lon stretches his wings, looks down and winks at Tigerlily "Little one, while I am not necessarily proud of my heritage, I do not wish to be compared to deamons, clearly I come from a more handsome stock of demons, most notably an Incubus".
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Reaver Jetbiker
Scotland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
(Tigerlily looks startled)

(mumbling) "Sorry... it's his horns.... they scare me."

(Tigerlily can certainly see Ta'lon's point. Despite being a halfling, she regards him as being a hot bit of ass compared to Adione. She can see why sleeping women go for that sort of thing, but she is definitely much too embarrassed and wise to say so out loud.
In any case, she still finds him rather intimidating despite his more friendly demeanour and lack of horns.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
whiskey tango foxtrot
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
"I can't fault you for that. You have nothing to fear from me; we are a team.".

Adione smiles, carefully not exposing his sharp teeth, and takes a sip of water.

"What is your name, by the way?"
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eddie Drood
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
M, as in Mancy
mbmbmbmbmb

Sakura, more for practice than anything, drifts around the corner out of sight, and practices not being seen...

Take 10 on stealth (total: 20)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nicholas Jaramillo
United States
Beavercreek
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
badge
I drink and know things
mbmbmbmbmb
Ta'lon scans around looking at those gathered

"I too would like to know the name of my companions"
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
whiskey tango foxtrot
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
"Weren't there more of us just a minute ago?" Adione asks, slightly puzzled, looking around the room casually.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matias Dahlbäck
Finland
Raseborg
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
"Hrm, I was promised more agents, but it seems one of the boats were delayed. Lets hope everyone makes it to here safely." grumbles the VC.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kris Vanhoyland
Belgium
Genk
flag msg tools
designer
“The oldest and strongest emotion of mankind is fear, and the oldest and strongest kind of fear is fear of the unknown.” ― H.P. Lovecraft
badge
I have loved the stars too fondly to be fearful of the night.
mbmbmbmbmb
The man in the dark blue hooded cloak has been following the interactions between the people in the room quietly whilst playing around with a single silver coin, balancing his chair on the two hind legs. Clad in leather, the man has a bandolier draped across his chest from which hang small pouches. A large battered old musket rests across his legs.

"It seems pretty straightforward. Play the incompetent, bumbling fool, then pursue them and descend on their base of operations. So this Waman won't be accompanying us?"
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matias Dahlbäck
Finland
Raseborg
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Addressing the gunslinger, the VC speaks: "That is the gist of it. As for Waman, you will go see him after this to receive the itinerary for the caravan. He has planned it and doubtless it will lead you into an ambush, most likely at night. He will remain here, and once your mission is a success he will receive his punishment."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eddie Drood
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
M, as in Mancy
mbmbmbmbmb
Sakura listens carefully from the hall, pleased the others are asking good questions.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nicholas Jaramillo
United States
Beavercreek
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
badge
I drink and know things
mbmbmbmbmb
Ta'lon crosses his arms and grins: "Good, one less blade to worry about stabbing us in the back"
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
whiskey tango foxtrot
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Adione look across the group and says, "Well, why don't we go get that itinerary? We can stop back here on our way out, just in case anyone arrives late."

Adione finishes his water, hands the mug back to his tail, and the tail tucks it away.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Reaver Jetbiker
Scotland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
(Tigerlily's eyes go wide like saucers, and she has to make a concentrated effort not to stare at Adione)

Turning to Ta'lon she says :
"I... I'm Tigerlily.
Might I ask please, what is your name kind dem... er, Incubus ?"

(checking she has all of her equipment, Tigerlily starts getting ready to set off)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [22] |