Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
756 Posts
1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [31] | 

Pathfinder Society Scenario 4-19: The Night March of Kalkamedes» Forums » Play By Forum

Subject: 4-19: Night March of Kalkamedes (IC) rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: PbF_started_2013 [+] [View All]
Doug Maynard
United States
Newburgh
New York
flag msg tools
badge
"Other people matter." - Christopher Peterson
mbmbmbmbmb
Welcome to the play-by-forum game, 4-19: Night March of Kalkamedes
This is a RPGGeek Pathfinder Society Guild game.

You are in the IC Thread. Here is the OOC Thread.

Players:

Jo Chapman
New Zealand
Wellington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
United States
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Jake Hermance
United States
Arlington
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Kris Vanhoyland
Belgium
Genk
flag msg tools
designer
“The oldest and strongest emotion of mankind is fear, and the oldest and strongest kind of fear is fear of the unknown.” ― H.P. Lovecraft
badge
I have loved the stars too fondly to be fearful of the night.
mbmbmbmbmb
Pete K
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
mb
John Morgan
Australia
North Parramatta
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

Characters (will be updated as people post their characters):

Character Player Class/Level PFS #

Isiah Walker kinglouis2005 Cleric (1) 80329-5
Frothgar Trendellan Otterjets Fighter (1) 66260-4
Harsk Jowolf Ranger (1) XXXXX-X
Zinnyatis Renay Bearpaw Cleric (1) 23847-4
Desini greenclaw Sorcerer (1) 74677-8
Lirithael Dutys_Fist Summoner (2) 64583-2

This thread is specifically for IN CHARACTER actions and conversations. Please bold and color-in anything your PC is saying. Ideally, each PC will have their own color. Describe PC actions in black and regular (non-bold, non-italicized) text. Any aside comments to the party or GM should be in gray (which you can achieve with the ooc tags).

If you are just browsing this thread and have questions or want to get in on a sanctioned Society game, check out our guild here.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Doug Maynard
United States
Newburgh
New York
flag msg tools
badge
"Other people matter." - Christopher Peterson
mbmbmbmbmb
As you are jostled endlessly within the coaches traveling the Dry Way, you recall with pleasant longing the warm, cozy nights spent in Heidmarch Manor in Magnimar's new money district of Naos. The fat, colorful fish gliding in the carp ponds. Laughter amidst drink and games of chance in the lounge of the Meeting House. Maybe even a 'private meeting' at dusk in the topiary maze.

But you are all a long way from Magnimar now, traveling eastward on the well-worn road that parallels the Yondabakari River in southern Varisia. It would take you all the way to the Mindspin Mountains, if you were going that far. But according to the drivers, you should reach your destination by dusk, a small thorp near the foothills of the Fenwall Mountains. There, the plan goes, you will be met by your contact in the region, a fellow you've never met named Lachlan Brindell. Hopefully at that point, you will learn the reason for this long journey away from civilization.

This is a good time to describe yourself to the other characters, and interact a bit.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pete K
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
mb
Saying a silent prayer to Dispater Isaiah pulls his hood back to get a better look at the road being traveled. When covered the man appears human but now that his face is revealed it is clear he is not totally of human origin. Pupil-less eyes survey the landscape and striking almost reflective copper colored hair frames the well tanned mans face.

A large mace is holstered on his side and hanging from his neck is an iron spike driven into a golden ring with a red and purple crown, held firmly with a makeshift leather cord..
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kris Vanhoyland
Belgium
Genk
flag msg tools
designer
“The oldest and strongest emotion of mankind is fear, and the oldest and strongest kind of fear is fear of the unknown.” ― H.P. Lovecraft
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Zinnyatis lounges in a corner, one leg pulled up, her foot resting on the couchdoor's handle. She gives an exasperated sigh as the coach rumbles along the dreary landscape. Twirling a strand of her platinum blonde hair between her fingers, the elf looks around bored, taking in her travel companions with her large, purple eyes. She uses her other hand to fan her face, and you detect a lingering smell of powdery floral and fresh soap coming off of her.

Her chest is covered with a leather breastplate, lacquered and polished to a shine, complete with shoulderguards. The silk skirt around her waist does little to cover up the curve of her legs, or the three yellow-hilted daggers that she has strapped to her thigh. On her waist dangles a leather whip, the tip of it inset with viciously sharp, tiny blades.

"So, does anyone have any clue as to why we are headed out to the middle of this no-man's land?"

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jake Hermance
United States
Arlington
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Frothgar awakens with a jolt, not sure if it was a bump in the road or his own snooring that woke him, but he catches the elf glancing over him with her purple eyes. And that smell, all fresh and clean, something the Dwarf knows nothing about. Frothgar knows that he has to make nice with the elf if they are to succeed on this adventure, but his hatred for Elves lingers inside him.

He glances around him and double checks his gear, making sure he hasn't misplaced anything. He remembers all too well his last trip and leaving behind his shield. Now that was embarassing. Of course the first thing he checks for is his mug and he peers inside. Seeing it filled with nothing but air, Frothgar frowns and wishes he knew some magic to fill it with ale...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Our masters are particularly wise in not telling us. Nowadays, with infidelity rampant, what can they expect by revealing their plans to the untested? Lirithael says, not taking her eyes off of the book she is reading.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jo Chapman
New Zealand
Wellington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Harsk is getting frustrated and fidgety. "Ach... I'm not made to live in a daft rattly box!"

Looking at Zinnyatis he continues "Patience, lass. We'll find out what we need to when we need to I'm sure." Patting her absently on the knee he turns back to the window. "Pretty country this, wonder if these drivers could do with someone scouting ahead? There might be... ah... bears. Best someone check."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Lirithael looks up from her book at Harsk as if he is a fool, very annoyed. With such legs as yours, I would think that you would be scouting behind. And should we encounter a bear, I would be afraid for its sake, rather than our own.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jo Chapman
New Zealand
Wellington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
"Hrrrmph" Harsk grumbles into his beard, settling back down into the seat and scowling at anything other than Lirithael "Just offerin' to help."

Seeing Frothgar examining his mug, Harsk brightens up a little "Thirsty is it? We should stop a bit and make tea.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pete K
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
mb
Isiah snaps back from his absentmindedly staring out of the window and quips "Bears, Bandits or Bards makes no matter to me, my bones are so stiff from these cramped quarters I would be pleased to encounter any of these at the moment"
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Such comforts are not earned by futile whining. Lirithael promptly replies.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Morgan
Australia
North Parramatta
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

Desini studies her companions with interest. She is mildly surprised by the diversity of the group she has found herself in. Her fellow Chelaxian is all too familiar of course, maybe not personally, but certainly by type. Such overt arrogance is all too common a trait in her adopted land. While she is sure they have many things in common, Desini much prefers to get in people's good graces, be they enemy or potential associate, it matters little to her. She finds that this leads to many more opportunities, for all sorts of interesting things, not least of all personal gain.

"I am Desssini!", her snake-like tongue flicking her lips as she speaks and her somewhat hypnotic serpent's eyes twinkling with seemingly genuine pleasure, "and thisss...", she strokes her bare arm which is covered in an intricate tattoo of a viper, "isss Sssevessstra!" The ink on her arm seems to bleed out of her skin, taking form as it does so into a brilliant green snake. Desini caresses it playfully as it slides over her arms and her neck, flicking in and out of her long brown braids as it moves over her shoulders.

"There isss no need for wordsss of anger or ssspite between usss, friendssss!" her eyes narrowing subtly as she utters her words. "Let usss ussse this time wisssely to get to know each other, yesss? Ssssay hello to our new companionssss Sssevessstra, that'sss a good girl!" the little snake slithers along Desini's arm and sits on her hand which she offers out to anyone who wants to give her familiar a pet.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Lirithael is fully enthralled that someone else seems to be blessed by the gods and hopefully understanding the necessity of order. She forgets the shortsightedness and inability of Harsk and Zinn and starts conversing eagerly. Ah, hello! I am Lirithael. I am pleased to meet you, Desssssini, and Sevesstra. I must introduce you to Flamefire, my celestial liason. That is a fine creature of yours. Intersting how it bonds to your skin. I imagine that is quite useful. How did you acquire it? What is the essence of the snake? Lirithael asks, eager to devour information about this snake, and perhaps replicate it on herself.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jake Hermance
United States
Arlington
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Frothgar

"Ha! Make Tea!" Frothgar laughs pointing to Harsk but addressing the others, "This one is funny."Turning back to Harsk " I am thirsty and when we stop, I'll buy you an ale." Giving him a good slap on the back.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jo Chapman
New Zealand
Wellington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
"Compromise - you buy ale, I make tea. Then everyone is happy" Harsk smiles at the other dwarf "and when we are attacked by something I can shoot it while you snore."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Indeed. Ale is but an escape for the weak. I must confess, I have never tried tea, however. Would you be willing to allow me to taste? Lirithael asks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jake Hermance
United States
Arlington
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Frothgar chuckles some more... "Ah and I thought you were kidding. A tea sipping dwarf, can't say I met many of that kind. Ha, I can say I ain't never met any 'til now. You'll fit right nicely with the elves. Maybe the outsider will have an ale with me then? No? Well no problem here. You all sip your tea, leaves more of the good stuff for me."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Morgan
Australia
North Parramatta
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Desini lets Sevestra slither onto Lirithael's arm. Raising an amused eyebrow at the half-elf's imitation of her sibilant speech she replies. "Yesss, tattoosss are sssomething I have embraced from my Varisssian heritage. I have another one here, which alssso givesss me certain powersss.", she lifts up her silk blouse to reveal a decorative circle on her tanned belly. "I'm planning to gain more asss sssoon as I can. I find them very pleasssing, and asss you sssay ussseful at the sssame time!"

The sorceress then admires her companion's celestial companion ,and in particular the glowing rune on its body that seems to match one on Lirithael's forehead. "Tell me about thisss one too. I presssume you have sssumoned thisss little creature? Isss it alwaysss the sssame or doesss it comes in different formsss every time?"

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Morgan
Australia
North Parramatta
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Desini then turns to Frothgar and Harsk."Tea, beer, it'sss all the sssame if it helpsss loosssen the tongue, don't you think? It'sss the company that makesss the drink, I alwaysss sssay!"
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kris Vanhoyland
Belgium
Genk
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Zinnyatis regards the interaction between the two women with raised eyebrows, her mouth slightly open. Then, as if realizing she's staring, she shifts her weight in her seat, her eyes once again looking outside. "Yeah... that's not creepy at all," she mutters to herself.

To the two dwarves sitting across from her, she says smiling pleasantly, "I'll drink with you boys, but for now all I've got is water, and something tells me that's not exactly your preferred drink."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sadly, this one does not change forms. It was granted to me by the Infernal powers as a ... companion of sorts. I am granted the use of other creatures. Indeed, they have been very useful to me in the past. They are indeed sumonned. Lirithael says.

Then, she tries to proble more into the tattoos, smiling and becoming increasingly more animated as she contemplates the possibilites that they would grant.

But, how exactly do these tatoos function? Could I simply inscribe one on myself? They seem most useful. What sort of powers to they give? How are they used? I would hope it is a quick process, and since the tatoos are there, it must surely be reuseable, thus defying the limits of arcane sciences. Amazing!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jake Hermance
United States
Arlington
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Frothgar Sighs... "the Dwarf won't drink with me, but the Elf will. Different world we live in now" Frothgar reluctantly accepts Zinnyatis' offer for water, not accostumed to being friendly with an elf.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Morgan
Australia
North Parramatta
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Desini seems happy to talk about herself and the art on her body. "You could get sssome too with the right ssstudy, onesss that could enhance your powersss, at leassst." she then brings the viper back onto her arm where it again melts into her skin in the same place as before. "Perhapsss not like little Sssevesstra here, however. The ability to create a living creature out of ink on my ssskin wasss a gift I wasss born with, not one you can ssstudy, I'm sssorry to sssay!"

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jo Chapman
New Zealand
Wellington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Harsk watches the snake transform with a small grimace "different world indeed..." he grumbles quietly, then forces himself to look up and smile at the disconcerting sorceress "The company. Indeed, mistress, you are quite right. The company..."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pete K
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
mb
Upon hearing the word Celestial spoken by Frothgar, Isiah turns and looks upon him for a moment and lets a smile appear on his face, he has never been offered a sip of alcohol before

"I am Isiah, and I am willing to try anything once, twice if I like it. Certainly I will join you for a bit of ale."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [31] |