Recommend
8 
 Thumb up
 Hide
448 Posts
1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [18] | 

Pathfinder Society Scenario 3-00 Intro 2: To Delve the Dungeon Deep» Forums » Play By Forum

Subject: [IC][PFS] Late Run rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
United States
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Welcome to Dutys_Fist’s TABLE_NAME GAME_NAME
This is a RPGGeek Pathfinder Society Guild game.


IC Thread

OOC Thread

Players:
Jo Chapman
New Zealand
Wellington
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb

Pete K
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
Avatar
mb

Gambit
msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb

Richard Ayres
United Kingdom
Cambridge
Cambridgeshire
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb

N/A
Stu Garside
United Kingdom
Andover
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb


This thread is specifically for IN CHARACTER actions and conversations. Please BOLD and color-in anything your PC is saying. Ideally, each PC will have their own color. Describe PC actions in regular color and regular text.
Any aside comments to the party or GM should be in GRAY


If you are just browsing this thread and have questions or want to get in on a sanctioned Society game, check out our guild here.
6 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Characters:

Character Levels Player
Sameer Ninja 1 kinglouis2005
Zilfirin Alchemist 1 jowolf
Jaskar Cleric 1 GambitTheBandit
Valeros Fighter 1 Machinista
[article=12417579]Thaddeus[/article] Oracle 1 Silaz1510
Rilo Inquisitor 1 Fumanstu

4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Reserved.
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Congratulations! You have recently been accepted as a pathfinder by the Pathfinder Society, and are eaerly awaiting adventure.

Just today, a Pathfinder runner came to you, giving you beautiful envelopes containing an invitation to Amara Li's Snapdragon Festival party in Absalom's Petal District. This is most unusal, since only the luckiest or most influential Pathfinders receive invitations to Amara Li’s annual Snapdragon Festival celebration, which is the most exclusive and reknowned parties taking place during this festival. Being a formal event, you should dress to impress, or so the letter says. The letter also says that you should seek out Amara Li herself, the head of the Lantern Lodge. What could Amara ever want with you, a newly recruited Pathfinder?



The Pathfinder Society
The Pathfinder Society is a globe-spanning organization based out of Absalom, the world's largest city. Its members, the Pathfinders, are adventurers who travel throughout Golarion, usually inconspicuously, and explore, delve, and otherwise experience the lesser-seen parts of the world, and collecting artifacts found in their travels. Being such a large organization, the Pathfinder Society also consists of several factions, who seek to use the Pathfinder Society's great influence to their own ends.

Amara Li
Amara Li is head of the "Lantern Lodge", one of the Pathfinder Society's 10 8 factions. The Lantern Lodge represents Tian interests in the Inner Sea region, ensuring that Pathfinder Society agents far to the east of the Decemvirate’s direct views are considered in organization-wide affairs. The Lantern Lodge seeks to spread word of Tian Xia’s ancient teachings and add the cultural richness and mysterious antiquities of the Dragon Empires to the wealth of the Pathfinder Society.

The Snapdragon Festival
The Snapdragon Festival is an annual Gokan festival, and features fireworks, plum wine, and Gokan culture.

So, will you attend Amara Li's Snapdragon Festival party? Yes. How will you prepare?
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jo Chapman
New Zealand
Wellington
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Zilfirin sits on his bunk looking at the invitation in his hands. "exclusive party... Gokan culture... plum wine... fireworks?!?! I love fireworks!! I'll need a new hat." Jumping off his bunk he races out the door, banging into one of his room-mates on the way, and out to find a hat shop.
5 
 Thumb up
1.00
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Zilfrin, looking around for a shop, finds a hat shop owned by a gnome named Tinma. One of my own PFS PCs, actually. She eagerly shows him many of her hats, but keeps drawing his attention away to her prized collection of masks, gained from her many adventures.
6 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jo Chapman
New Zealand
Wellington
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
"No, no, no! Masks make it hard to see! Need to see the fireworks! FIREWORKS!! Do you have anything with sparkles? What about that yellow one?" Zilfirin is moving quickly around the shop from item to item in a seemingly random order, taking things off shelves and examining them before rushing off to look at something else, then peering over the counter to see if there's anything hidden out the back. "Definitely needs sparkles... it's for fireworks you know." he grins broadly at Tinma.
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Tinma looks at Zilfirin making a mess for a second, and then joins him, digging through the many hats and masks and causing a mess rivalling Zilfirin's before loudly proclaiming Found it! It's perfect., while holding up a large metal funnel.

Without asking Zilfirin, she puts on it on his head. It looks great.

No sparkes however.
6 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jo Chapman
New Zealand
Wellington
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Zilfirin examines himself in a mirror for a moment "Well... it's... shiny... shiny is good... wait, I know!" He takes off the funnel, tips his head upside down, fiddles for a minute, then stands up again triumphantly with his bright orange hair sticking out the top of the funnel. "It looks like fireworks!!!!"
6 
 Thumb up
1.00
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
It DOES! Tinma yells, awestruck. She then pauses for a moment, thinking, before rushing off to a far corner of the store, where a pile of things lie in a heap. She digs through the pile, and finds a small barrel of glitter, which she dumps on Zilfirin.

Even better! she exclaims.Remember to tell your friends about my store, yes? she says, as she thinks about how much to charge Zilfirin for the hat...
6 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jo Chapman
New Zealand
Wellington
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Zilfirin stands in front of the mirror, admiring himself and turning back and forth. "Shiny, sparkly, orange... perfect" he says to himself, beaming.

"Thank you, Tinma. I love your shop and I will definitely tell everyone! I'm off to watch the fireworks!!" he heads for the door, skipping and spinning in joy, then suddenly stops dead. "Wait... I'm supposed to pay you for this aren't I? I forgot!"
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gambit
msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Jaskar Stands in his room, invitation in hand, reading it aloud"...Dress to impress. "He stares blankly at his trunk ,then to the floor, where most of his clothes are strewn."The day Jaskar dresses formally is the day he passes the starstone trials and rubs shoulders with the Lucky Drunk himself."
He sighs, takes a swig of his ale, and moves out for his daily walk.
He now has +2 resistance against mind-effecting effects for the next hour, if it matters.
4 
 Thumb up
0.05
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pete K
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
Avatar
mb
Sameer waits until he returns to his room to open the letter, in his line of work he cannot afford to have wandering eyes over his shoulder.

Sitting cross-legged on the floor he carefully examines the envelope and then opens it carefully drawing out the contents while absentmindedly whipping his tail back and forth.

"My, that did not take long...." he says out loud. He has only been in Absalom a few days and while as a Pathfinder he expected work, he is quite shocked to be granted audience with a Faction official in such a short time, especially as a new recruit.


Looking through his gear he finds a tunic and some loosely fitting, but neat and clean dark pants. "I wonder, if I should polish my horns"the tiefling ponders, "why yes, why yes I shall...." he thinks to himself with a toothy smile.
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Ayres
United Kingdom
Cambridge
Cambridgeshire
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Sat at the end of the bar, a position that affords an advantageous view of the tavern, Valeros is steadily drinking away the last of his savings. His disposition is at odds with the genial atmosphere; it had been several weeks since he’d been released from his final contract and life as a Pathfinder was not, yet, bearing fruit. He reads the invitation, flips it over, flips it back then sniffs it. It felt and smelt…. expensive. “Barkeep! Gokan plum wine.” After rolling the first sip around his mouth, he knocks back a full goblet. “Not bad. I could take some more.” Valeros stands, drops his remaining cash on the bar, winks to the Barkeep’s daughter and leaves. The invitation promised drink and implied adventure.

Back at his lodgings he laid out his tool-roll and began to prepare for the evening's event. He had leather to oil, silver to polish and steel that could use the touch of a whetstone.
4 
 Thumb up
0.02
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Thaddeus looks to see what his hands have written. He sees a bunch of scribbles, some of them words, all forming the outline of a single word: Weal
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 371018. Dutys_Fist
  • 1d10 =
  • (3) =
  • 3
  • GM roll
  • Tue May 28, 2013 8:44 pm
Stu Garside
United Kingdom
Andover
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Rilo was surprised by the arrival of the invitation, he'd only recently arrived in town and was only just beginning to get his bearings. He uttered a slight curse when he realised that turning up in full armour would be frowned upon. "Well, I guess I'd best get the dust off my explorin' gear as best I can. Might want to take a bath whilst I'm at it. I'm not going to manage all fancy but at least I can avoid offending any noses." Once changed and bathed, Rilo headed off to the event.
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Each of the new Pathfinders arrives at the Lantern Lodge to discover a pair of attendants at the front entrance, checking invitations. Sameer is first to show up, and is welcomed warmly if disinterestedly. One of the attendants takes his invitation, and looks it over. Seeing the note about the meeting with Amara, he looks up. Ah! One of Amara's Pathfinders. Feel free to enjoy the party. You will be sent for shortly.

The aroma of blooming orchids and flowing wine mixes with the acrid tang of recently exploded fireworks, and the sound of strangely discordant music comes from a duo of Tian women playing an unusual stringed instrument and a reed flute. The crowd mingles calmly, most guests clearly hoping to be seen more than actually paying attention to those with whom they converse, though the plum wine seems to have affected many who now move about the lodge’s grounds waving sparkling wands of fire and shooting whirring, whizzing fireworks into the sky above the koi pond.


One of the guests, a lady in purple, notices Thaddeus's simple, but beautiful embroidery.



My, what rich clothing! You look stunning it in. Your clothes look like they are from Tian Xia itself. Where did you get them? I've been looking for Gokan clothing in Absalom for the longest time.


She then notices Zilfirin's clothes.
You are aware that this is a party, yes? Oh, you must be a domestic servent, I'm sorry. Go on with your business. Sorry for the interruption.
The lady puts her mask back on, and walks away, muttering something about how disconnected from reality the lower classes are.



A few minutes later, a man in a red jacket, no doubt one of Amara Li's household staff, comes and signals you towards Amara Li's private study, where she bows ever so slightly in order to acknowledge your presence. She is seated on a reed mat before a low table set with an exquisite porcelain tea set. She motions for you to sit with her around the table, and once the door is closed behind you and you have taken their seats, begins talking in a low, hushed voice without even the hint of a Tian accent:



Well met, Pathfinders, and welcome to the Lantern Lodge.

I hope you find the Snapdragon Festival and my hospitality worthy of your time and energy. I have not brought you here for mere pleasantries, however, and wish to ask you to partake a dangerous mission on my behalf.

Long ago, one of my most esteemed ancestors, who was rich in power but poor in sense, gave a gift to a foreign prince, a gift that prince did not deserve and my foolish ancestor had no right to give—a ceremonial jade katana. At the time the gift was sent, its recipient was invading this island. He laid siege to Absalom from his fortress in the foothills of the Kortos Mounts. Like those who came before him, the warlord failed to take Absalom and perished in the attempt. On the very day of his defeat, his castle crumbled to dust in a violent earthquake and has been lost to the centuries ever since. My family’s heirloom was lost with it.

A recent report by a group of Pathfinders gives me hope that they have finally found the ruin, and I might finally recover my family’s treasure. I’m looking for an intrepid group to retrieve it for me, and I’m hoping that is you. The fame and wealth you will doubtlessly recover will bring you much honor within the Society, and if you deliver the katana to me, you will have my favor as you begin your careers as full agents of the Pathfinder Society.

I will provide you a guide to take you to the ruins when you depart.”


Any questions for Amara Li? Anything someone wants to mention? If no, you are free to head back outside and enjoy the party. What do you do?


5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gambit
msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Jaskar, surprised by the ornateness of this party, tries not to attract to much attention to himself. He shakes Amara Li's hand and questions her :"Thank you for your hospitality ma'am. Who is this guide of ours? With all due respect, I never travel with anyone I can't wholly trust. "
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jo Chapman
New Zealand
Wellington
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Zilfirin has been walking around the party with his eyes wide and his jaw gaping, amazed by the decorations, clothing, fish... Eventually he plonked himself down on a bench in order to stare rapturously at the fireworks, oblivious to everything else, until the red-jacketed man dragged him away, protesting.

Listening to Amara Li he perks up a bit, "Lost treasure? We can do that! Do we need to leave now? Or can I watch the fireworks for a bit longer?"
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Amara smiles slightly at Thaddeus bowing We have made sure to contain the knowledge of this discovery, but you are indeed correct - nothing can stop a juicy rumor. Besides the other members of the Decemvirate and the original expedition, no one else should know about this discovery. Besides the discovery of this location, however, I can think of nothing of use to assist you. I do apologize for this.

She turns to Jaskar, and says To be truthful, as Thaddeus suspected, we are quite hasty in this mission, so the exact guide has not be decided yet. However, whomever he might be, he will be trustworthy. That I assure you of.
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Amara glances strangely at Zilfirin for a moment, but then resumes her normal air.

You are my guest for tonight! After this meeting, feel gree to enjoy yourself. I'm sure the fireworks will be very entertaining - they're a rare thing here in Absalom, and I'm glad you enjoy them. Would you also perhaps like some Gokan tea? she adresses the Pathfinders.
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gambit
msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
"Tea, Aye? Hmph. I suppose it couldn't hurt."
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Amara pours a cup of very hot tea for Jaskar, and another for herself.


Would anyone else like one? It is, of course, the finest variety that we could find.
6 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jo Chapman
New Zealand
Wellington
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
"Gokan tea... never tried that... sure! Zilfirin grins up at Amara and holds out his hands eagerly for a cup.
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Amara pours another cup for Zilfirin.
6 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [18] |