Recommend
12 
 Thumb up
 Hide
262 Posts
1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [11] | 

Apocalypse World» Forums » Play By Forum

Subject: More Apocalypse World IC rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: PbF_started_2013 [+] [View All]
Al P
Norway
Orkanger
Sør Trondelag
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
IC || OOC || wiki




The book recommends starting a normal day, it'll let us flesh out our world with NPCs and start to bring up the threats in the world. Feel free to roleplay your characters and try anything that you want. the system is pretty flexible but try not to write what any NPCs say or do, tha'ts my job. And keep expecting questions, remember we all create the world, I just control it!

oh a few rolls for moves are needed!

Mother roll+hard

Leon
roll+weird

Beau roll+horde's hunger(which is 0)

all rolls are 2d6 + a stat usually




6 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Karl Larsson
Norway
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mb
At the beginning of the session, roll+your hoard’s hunger. On a 10+, the MC holds 3; on a 7-9, the MC holds 1. During the session, the MC can spend her hold 1 for 1 to:
• name a thing present. Your hoard must have it. When you give it to your hoard, mark
experience and give your hoard -1hunger.
• name a thing you’ve borrowed from your hoard. Your hoard must have it back. When you
return it to your hoard, mark experience and give your hoard -1hunger.
If the MC has any hold left at the end of the session, give your hoard +1hunger, to a maximum of hunger+4.

Hoard 1d6 + 1d6+0 = (6) + (2) + 0 = 8
6 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 366414. karlkrlarsson
  • 1d6 + 1d6+0 =
  • (6) + (2) + 0 =
  • 8
  • Hoard
  • Tue May 21, 2013 9:18 pm
Jeff G
United States
Santa Rosa
California
flag msg tools
designer
These are not the droids you're looking for. You can go about your business.
badge
Move along.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Leon 2d6+2 = (1 + 4) + 2 = 7
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 366550. bulldog93
  • 2d6+2 =
  • (1 + 4) + 2 =
  • 7
  • Leon
  • Wed May 22, 2013 1:55 am
(((100% real name)))
Israel
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mb
Mother


Harholder's Wealth move:
+hard 2d6+2 = (2 + 4) + 2 = 8

btw, does it count as a highlighted stat roll?

Quote:

On a 10+, you have surplus at hand and available for the needs of the session. On a 7–9, you have surplus, but choose 1 want. On a miss, or if your hold is compromised or your rule contested, your hold is in want.

4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 366788. schizoid
  • 2d6+2 =
  • (2 + 4) + 2 =
  • 8
  • +hard
  • Wed May 22, 2013 8:25 am
(((100% real name)))
Israel
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mb

Got 2-barter.
Our want for the session: idle.
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Al P
Norway
Orkanger
Sør Trondelag
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes it counts
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Al P
Norway
Orkanger
Sør Trondelag
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
The trade of filters has been keeping Kamatchka the wealthier of the local settlements but a certain ennui has taken hold. With less needed of them the people are getting restless and fights are getting more and more, the people need direction.

Mother: The sun comes in through the windows of the Kamatchka's bridge that has been Mother's bedroom for quite a few years now. Knowing you enough to guess your up and dressed, Duck knocks at the door "Mother, you there?".

Leon:
Auntie, the manager of Kamatchka's engineering room, sends Tiny over with the latest batch of filters for your inspection.
"There you go, boss!" he say thumping them down on the hard metal table.

Danica:
You wake in your cabin with the fading memory of another dream, but no, you can't quite remember it except the fading feeling of deep foreboding.

Beau: Ring! Ring! you reach for the unconnected phone taped to your stash but it goes silent just as you get to it. You sense the need building in your horde but it hasn't told you haven't been told yet what it demands!

Ramma:
Zeta nudges you awake as you find yourself slumped awkwardly in a battered armchair in the ships mess hall/bar. "Come on you want to earn your keep, we're heading out into the city to do a scavenge run!"
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Evans
United Kingdom
Solihull
West Midlands
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmb
”err.. what, where….who are you again?

Where are we off to this time?”


who’s Zeta do I know her?
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Karl Larsson
Norway
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mb
Beau
Beau feels inside the pocked inside his coat, the deep one. He pulls out his listening machine, and starts to push the buttons. The shoothibg voice of a woman talks to him in words he doesn't understand: C'est combien ce fromage?

Hmmm, that can't be it, he already has a box of fromage.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
(((100% real name)))
Israel
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mb
Mother
Mother wipes the night sweat with a clean rag. His eyes stop on a piece of an iron sheet beside his blanket. Usually it's covered with little tokens to remind him about important stuff from yesterday, but this morning it's empty. This makes Mother nervous, and he throws the rag on the floor, puts on his robe and opens the door.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kris Vanhoyland
Belgium
Genk
flag msg tools
designer
“The oldest and strongest emotion of mankind is fear, and the oldest and strongest kind of fear is fear of the unknown.” ― H.P. Lovecraft
badge
I have loved the stars too fondly to be fearful of the night.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Her eyes half closed, a faint smile plays about Danica's mouth. She revels for a moment in that fading emotion, holding on to it as long as she can. She barely hears the whispers in her mind today, but she knows they're there, just under the surface.

Swinging her legs out from her cot, Danica walks over to the corner, picks up the discarded pieces of clothing, dressing. She then straps her glove onto her forearm, letting the tiny connectors assert themselves. She then goes outside, glancing upwards at the sky.
2 
 Thumb up
0.02
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff G
United States
Santa Rosa
California
flag msg tools
designer
These are not the droids you're looking for. You can go about your business.
badge
Move along.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Leon
I can't believe that these are supposed to pass as filters. Things are always getting clogged up with the engines since they switched to these types of filters to save them money.

Leon starts pacing then stops. Tiny, do the once-over on these and put them on. They'll have ta do.

He knows that he has a good thing going here, but he knows that the quality suffers because of the substandard parts that Auntie provides. He capable of so much more.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Al P
Norway
Orkanger
Sør Trondelag
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
ajevans wrote:
”err.. what, where….who are you again?

Where are we off to this time?”


who’s Zeta do I know her?


She's one of the violent bastards that protect the hold and also do scavenging runs into the city and abandoned ships.

"Get up, we got need of you pretty boy. Duck's sending us out into the city" she says taking one of the still full shots from last night and downing it. "Guess Duck thinks its safe enough during the day. Degs be all sleeping or something"
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Al P
Norway
Orkanger
Sør Trondelag
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
karlkrlarsson wrote:
Beau feels inside the pocked inside his coat, the deep one. He pulls out his listening machine, and starts to push the buttons. The shoothibg voice of a woman talks to him in words he doesn't understand: C'est combien ce fromage?

Hmmm, that can't be it, he already has a box of fromage.


echoing down the pipes, Beau can hear the sound of preparation for a scavenging run.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Al P
Norway
Orkanger
Sør Trondelag
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
schizoid wrote:
Mother wipes the night sweat with a clean rag. His eyes stop on a piece of an iron sheet beside his blanket. Usually it's covered with little tokens to remind him about important stuff from yesterday, but this morning it's empty. This makes Mother nervous, and he throws the rag on the floor, puts on his robe and opens the door.


"Mother, got the boys ready to do that run. I'm thinking on sending em into the city. Been awful quiet out there recently and you know the Degs, Sun seems to get em awful sleepy!"
Duck says standing with his hands resting on the door frame.

Feel free to throw your weight around, you are the boss after all!
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Karl Larsson
Norway
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mb
Beau
Beau pockets his machine, and goes to join the run. There are always something good to pick up on the trips. Perhaps, if there istime, he can consult the machine again later, and find out what it wants.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Al P
Norway
Orkanger
Sør Trondelag
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Bearpaw wrote:
She then straps her glove onto her forearm, letting the tiny connectors assert themselves. She then goes outside, glancing upwards at the sky.


Out on deck Danica can see how the prow of the old ice breaker is fused into the rocky outcrop that houses Kamatchkas meager crops. Past her rough looking men and women are heading to the row boats, each of them giving you a bit more space than they would anyone else and not meeting your eye.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Al P
Norway
Orkanger
Sør Trondelag
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
bulldog93 wrote:
I can't believe that these are supposed to pass as filters. Things are always getting clogged up with the engines since they switched to these types of filters to save them money.

Leon starts pacing then stops. Tiny, do the once-over on these and put them on. They'll have ta do.

He knows that he has a good thing going here, but he knows that the quality suffers because of the substandard parts that Auntie provides. He capable of so much more.


"Right boss" he says taking them over to a side table as Auntie comes over.

"Now now Leon we make do with what we got. Them on the other islands don't know good from shit, as long as there water ain't brown and don't taste of oil they happy. I don't want no rumours of shoddy work getting out. It would hurt your business as much as ours!"
She says with the slightish hint of a threat in her normally warm voice.

3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Al P
Norway
Orkanger
Sør Trondelag
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
karlkrlarsson wrote:
Beau pockets his machine, and goes to join the run. There are always something good to pick up on the trips. Perhaps, if there istime, he can consult the machine again later, and find out what it wants.


Out on Deck the troops are checking their guns, knifes and other assorted spikey things in preparation for the run. Most of the men are laughing and telling dirty jokes but some of the greener ones are looking out across the harbour at the deathly still city. the only movement are the occasional flock of birds flying between those long abandoned towers.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Karl Larsson
Norway
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mb
Beau
Beau stays well away from Danica, and instead talks to one of the green ones. "That is a nice belt you have, too bad it doesn't have a buckle."
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff G
United States
Santa Rosa
California
flag msg tools
designer
These are not the droids you're looking for. You can go about your business.
badge
Move along.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
znirp81 wrote:
bulldog93 wrote:
I can't believe that these are supposed to pass as filters. Things are always getting clogged up with the engines since they switched to these types of filters to save them money.

Leon starts pacing then stops. Tiny, do the once-over on these and put them on. They'll have ta do.

He knows that he has a good thing going here, but he knows that the quality suffers because of the substandard parts that Auntie provides. He capable of so much more.


"Right boss" he says taking them over to a side table as Auntie comes over.

"Now now Leon we make do with what we got. Them on the other islands don't know good from shit, as long as there water ain't brown and don't taste of oil they happy. I don't want no rumours of shoddy work getting out. It would hurt your business as much as ours!"
She says with the slightish hint of a threat in her normally warm voice.



No worries Auntie. Ya know that between me and my crew, we can make gold from normal metal. It's just frustrating sumtimes. Nothing shoddy comes out of dis place.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Al P
Norway
Orkanger
Sør Trondelag
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
"Ya know Leon darling, we could have some right marvels if you thought of moving that workshop of yours onto the Kamatchka! Only way they could do better'n what comes out our workshop is if they get some of that old tech in the city and not many people dare that!" Auntie says with a chuckle.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Al P
Norway
Orkanger
Sør Trondelag
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
karlkrlarsson wrote:
Beau stays well away from Danica, and instead talks to one of the green ones. "That is a nice belt you have, too bad it doesn't have a buckle."


"Wha..?" Paddles exclaims looking down as he is taken away from whatever so had his attention a moment ago.

"Oh yeah! some of the others got those fancy buckles, least it keeps my trousers up!"
he says with a slightly queasy smile.

"You coming too?"
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Karl Larsson
Norway
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mb
"Yes, I like to help out. Also, let me know if you see some fromage, or perhaps have a femme de chambre."
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Al P
Norway
Orkanger
Sør Trondelag
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
"er sure Beau" Paddles says confusion covering his face.

"Huh Piddles and Weirdo hanging out together, ya whispering sweet nothings ta the boy?"
barks a big man with a pair of machetes on his belt and what looks like a ear on a piece of string.

"ain't do no such thing, Cog!" the young lad says taking a step back.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [11] |