John Morgan
Australia
North Parramatta
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This is the In Character [IC] thread for one of our offical RPG Geek Pathfinder Society Games. Click here to learn how you can join the guild and take part in our regular offering of sanctioned Pathfinder Society games!

Our cast of characters:

Character Player Class/Level PFS #

Milo Montajay residue Bard 2 78307-2
Ozgg znirp81 Barbarian 1/Druid 1 78727-1
Hiram Thistlefoot Rodafowa Rogue 1/Barbarian 1 78729-1
Endo Fineleaf Vladimir17 Cavalier 2 73392-2
Indo Cobbz20 Monk 1 76206-3
Tinma the Tinkerer Dutys_Fist Gunslinger

Quick link to Character Depository.
Quick link to the OOC thread.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Morgan
Australia
North Parramatta
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

“There’s trouble at the Blakros Museum again,” Venture-Captain Adril Hestram growled when you first entered the meeting room in the Grand Lodge earlier this afternoon. “The museum’s curator, Nigel Aldain, who I know you have met, came to me this morning asking for help. He specifically asked for Ozgg and his friends! Apparently, a wayward daughter of his illustrious patrons, the powerful Blakros family, has disappeared, along with a few of the museum’s watchmen who went looking for her. The Society has helped him in the past, and he wants us to find her, before he loses his job, or worse. Now Nigel’s an old friend, and a former Pathfinder, but this kind of missing person case isn’t really our bailiwick. Normally I’d tell him to find the district guard and leave the Society out of it.

“But then he made me an offer that was too good to pass up. Not only will he allow the Society access to the Blakros Museum’s extensive and very private library, but apparently this same missing daughter just returned to Absalom with a pack full of ancient relics collected throughout Osirion and northern Garund. And Nigel promised the Society first pick of any of those pieces that catch our fancy. I don’t need to tell you what those kinds of things might be worth, so it looks like you’re heading to the Blakros Museum tonight.

“The missing daughter is named Imrizade Blakros—half-Osirian herself and pretty successful adventurer and fortune-hunter by all accounts. She just arrived in Absalom out of the blue a few days ago, after a couple of years’ worth of tomb-raiding in the Osirian deserts, and carrying an odd metal cylinder covered in hieroglyphs, like nothing Nigel has ever seen before. Nigel says she went straight to the basement of the museum to do some research in the family’s library, muttering something about ‘whispers in the dark’ and ‘old tapestries,’ or something. He didn’t hear from her for a couple of days, which isn’t unusual when someone is deep into their research in the archives, but he got worried when strange noises started coming from the basement. He sent a watchman down there to investigate, and when he didn’t return, Nigel sent a few more. That was last night, and they haven’t come back up either.

“Go to the museum and find out what happened to Imrizade Blakros and the watchmen. Nigel would prefer them alive, of course, especially the Blakros woman, but the Society is more interested in what she brought back with her. I’ve got a hunch it wasn’t just grave goods and pretty jewelry. Whatever she found, the Society wants it, or at the very least some information about it.”
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vladimir Lehotai
Slovakia
Piešťany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Endo listens to the Ventire-Captain's briefing.

"So the Blakros Museum again? Oh, well. Will there be monkeys too?"
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matias Dahlbäck
Finland
Raseborg
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
badge
I release my anger through writing.
mbmbmbmbmb
Milo stifles a smokey cough as the VC mentions the gang being referred to as Ozzg and friends. The audacity. Giving the new monkey an uncertain yet irritated glare he steps forward, as if stepping unto the stage, and addresses the captain.

"Another mysterious artifact bringing with it curses and dangers, aside from knowledge and wealth, I'd venture. Standard fare and nothing we can't handle. With the usual gusto and discretion." The bard pauses. "Any chance they've managed to map out the basement or are we going to have to leave a trail of breadcrumbs?"
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Cobb
United States
Cortland
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Indo looks questioningly at the venture-captain and Endo, "again? You have been there before?"
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vladimir Lehotai
Slovakia
Piešťany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Endo turns to Indo, explaining to him how things are.
"Yes, Indo, we've been there before. In fact, we have saved Nigel who is now asking for help."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Al P
Norway
Orkanger
Sør Trondelag
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sir Mojo looks up at indo and says "Ook!" before climbing up to perch on a table.

"I's be king there!" King Ozgg says pointing to his new crown tattoo that circles his head.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Oh yes! I think I still have a mask from there. You should come over to my store and buy it! Tinma says enthusiastically. Last time we were here, there was an army of giant monkeys, and Ozgg became the king. He even let me ride him! Tinma giggles at this recollection.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matias Dahlbäck
Finland
Raseborg
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Milo stoicly ignores the chatter, puffing on his pipe and tapping his foot.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Al P
Norway
Orkanger
Sør Trondelag
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sir Mojo is watching Mr Snuggles from his perch with weary glances. Noticing his looks, Ozgg seeks to assure him "You's Sir Mojo! You no fear doggy. He good doggy!"
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Cobb
United States
Cortland
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
A look of realization cross the monks face as he remembers their last mission and what he hears from Ozgg and Tinma. "I see. There are things that become clearer now."

He takes a quick look around at the four halflings milling about, a half-orc talking to his monkey, and a wolf eyeing that same monkey and thinks that meditation time may be at a minimum on this trip. He then remembers his teacings from the temple "Everything has beauty, but not everyone sees it," and determines to just enjoy the beauty and energy that can be found in chaos.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
So, let's go already..., Tinma says.

The basement better have at least one mask...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Roe
United Kingdom
Watford
Herts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hiram listens to the babble, beady eyes narrowing beneath the brim of his hat. "This stinks of sorcery," he growls. "I hate bloody sorcery."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Morgan
Australia
North Parramatta
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Vladimir17 wrote:
Endo listens to the Ventire-Captain's briefing.

"So the Blakros Museum again? Oh, well. Will there be monkeys too?"

"Monkeys?" the Venture-Captain gives Endo a sideways look."Ahh yes of course, that business with the Tik Taan and Da'Tunga. No, I doubt there'll be more monkeys, although you never can tell!" He looks over at King Ozzg and his new charge. "Although, I see you brought your own this time, hmmm?"

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Morgan
Australia
North Parramatta
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
residue wrote:
Milo stifles a smokey cough as the VC mentions the gang being referred to as Ozzg and friends. The audacity. Giving the new monkey an uncertain yet irritated glare he steps forward, as if stepping unto the stage, and addresses the captain.

"Another mysterious artifact bringing with it curses and dangers, aside from knowledge and wealth, I'd venture. Standard fare and nothing we can't handle. With the usual gusto and discretion." The bard pauses. "Any chance they've managed to map out the basement or are we going to have to leave a trail of breadcrumbs?"

"Ahhh, Milo! Always the brains of the group. I saw you in one of your performances the other night in the Ivy District. Very good show, lad. I see you've even been practicing your singing since we last met!" Hestram shuffles through some papers and pulls out a map. "Here take this! You're going downstairs this time, underneath the rooms where you went last time you were here."

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Tinma frowns. Why can't I ever by the brains of the group? She vows to fix that this mission.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Morgan
Australia
North Parramatta
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
As the group makes their way to the museum Milo recounts what he knows of its history.

"In the early days of Absalom, the Blakros Museum was originally the stronghold of an eccentric wizard. Abandoned for centuries, it was later bought by the Blakros family, who turned it into a museum for their impressive collection of curiosities from across Golarion.

The mad astrologer Ralzeros the Overwatched built what is now the Blakros Museum thousands of years ago, as an observatory to study distant worlds (and some say, to be studied by them). He later disappeared following a mage-duel with another of Absalom’s early wizards."

This is assuming a take 10 on Know (history). If you want more you'll have to roll a 25+

The bard also recounts some tales his picked up from the locals.

"The wealthy and prominent Blakros family is a large, extended clan of eccentrics with trade contacts rivaling those of the Aspis Consortium who make most of their money selling valuable antiquities across the Taldor-Qadira border. Their daughters are known far and wide for their beauty, and marrying a Blakros woman is a sure path to power and riches.

Rumored to be originally Taldan by blood, the Blakros have since intermingled with bloodlines from all over Golarion, by marrying daughters to a succession of Qadiran trade princes, Vudran rajahs, and even the occasional Tian noble and Mwangi chief. Gifts from these foreign potentates (and the sale of illicitly gained secrets) provide the foundation for the Blakros fortuneand their famous collections."

If you want more then you'll need to roll 20+ on Diplomacy or Know (local)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Know(local) 1d20+3 = (2) + 3 = 5
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 365860. Dutys_Fist
  • 1d20+3 =
  • (2) + 3 =
  • Know(local)
  • Tue May 21, 2013 3:28 am
John Morgan
Australia
North Parramatta
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Unless you have any other business to attend to, in which case we'll retcon it in...

You arrive at the Blakros Museum, where you are greeted by a clearly flustered Nigel Aldain, the curator of the museum.

"My old friends! So good to see you again!" He looks a bit anxiously at the new addition, Sir Mojo. "Ah, what's that...is he...is he one of those crazy apes from the last time we met?", a shiver seems to run down Nigel's spine. "I never wanted to see a monkey again after that, but I see it affected big Ozzg rather differently, yes?"

"Anyway...there's no time to waste. You must get moving straight away. Here, you need to go down these stairs."
The curator ushers you to the North Exhibit Hall where you last defeated Da'Tunga. "Brings back memories, what? Nasty business...nasty indeed!" He opens a secret door in the ziggurat to reveal a ramp down into the library below. "It will be dark down there. You've got some form of light, I presume?"

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Tinma looks through her pockets, finding nothing of the sort.I have some boom-powder! It can make light.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matias Dahlbäck
Finland
Raseborg
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Knowledge, history 1d20+7 = (6) + 7 = 13

Diplomacy 1d20+7 = (20) + 7 = 27
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 365866. residue
  • 1d20+7 =
  • (6) + 7 =
  • Knowledge, history
  • Tue May 21, 2013 3:51 am
  • [+]
  • 365867. residue
  • 1d20+7 =
  • (20) + 7 =
  • Diplomacy
  • Tue May 21, 2013 3:51 am
John Morgan
Australia
North Parramatta
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Milo remembers one more interesting tale he picked up from a patron at one of his shows.

"In reality, it is the many daughters who bear the Blakros name that are responsible for the family’s wealth. Although beautiful and amazingly fertile, wedding a Blakros daughter has significant conditions—the daughters always keep their maiden name, all children must be raised as Blakroses, and the husband’s family must offer a considerable dowry for the privilege of marriage. Once married, the Blakros daughters join an unparalleled spy network that keeps the family well supplied in secrets and priceless artifacts."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matias Dahlbäck
Finland
Raseborg
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Despite giving the most awesome lecture on the museum and the founding family ever, Milo seems a bit distressed. Before entering the museum he addresses the group.

"Look, you guys know I don't sing, right? I act, and I recite speeches. It's about rhythm, cadence and delivery of feeling. It's... sure it can be mistaken for singing but it'd be pretty awful such. And Milo Montajay doesn't do awful."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matias Dahlbäck
Finland
Raseborg
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Inside the museum Milo glares at Nigel.

"Sir, you need to work on your security measures. Maybe stop letting people bring in unknown artifacts and then let then unleash whatever madness they contain? Maybe work in pair or groups? Or let the Pathfinder society handle them first, for safety."

The bard moves through the group, touching everyone carefully as he continues to speak. Mr Snuggles gets a loving pat as well, and Sir Mojo a more careful one. As he touches everyone he casts Resistance to strengthen their defenses against some forms if nastiness.

"Please don't ask me how I know, but miss Blakros might have started giving life to any sort of inanimate things down there. You guys see a statue, you give it wide berth. You think it moves you smash it and we interrogate it later. I don't care how old and precious it is. Everyone gets back out again."

Milo also casts Light at Ozzg's kilt, for illumination purposes.

Milo digs out two torches from his backpack and holds them over a brazier to ignite them. He keeps one and hands the other to whoever feels like holding it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Good idea says Tinma, pulling out her gun and loading it.
Nice kilt, Ozgg says Tinma, as she hops down to the basement, gun out front, ready to shoot anything she sees.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [21] |