Recommend
6 
 Thumb up
 Hide
323 Posts
[1]  Prev «  1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [13] | 

Pathfinder Society Scenario 3-00 Intro 3: A Vision of Betrayal» Forums » Play By Forum

Subject: Cithaeron99's IC Thread rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Gary Page
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmb
"I propose that we hold our ground this side. This creature is unlikely to have ranged capabilities."
6 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Morgan
Australia
North Parramatta
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
"Hold our ground until what Darven...we have to get across that river, I think?" Zyneste moves towards the log, bow in hand watching for any sign of movement, stopping just south of the water.
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeffrey Ukens
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
To cross the river, one only needs to walk over the tree trunk bridge.

If you wish to enter the river instead of using the natural bridge, there would be a test of strength against the current. Failure may mean being swept away by the water’s current. Fortunately the river is only 5 feet deep.


Crossing the log requires you to succeed on an Acrobatics check. Since the PCs aren’t threatened in any way at the moment, they can take 10 on this check.
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Cobb
United States
Cortland
New York
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
As Darven and Zyneste plan, Dondo continues to try to determine the source of his uneasiness, but it slowly fades away.

"It's odd, but whatever was watching us has seemed to move away. I think we are safe to proceed for now. I will check the log for traps before we go over."

Suddenly remembering his apple, he quickly finishes it before tossing the core into the river as he makes his way to the fallen log. The ninja examines the potential bridge to see if it is safe to cross.

Perception 1d20+6 = (2) + 6 = 8

Dondo immediately hops up on the log and jumps up and down.

"Seems stable to me." He walks across quickly, easily jumping the gaps in the trunk.

Acrobatics (take 10) 10+10 = 10 + 10 = 20
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 372373. cobbz20
  • 1d20+6 =
  • (2) + 6 =
  • 8
  • Perception
  • Thu May 30, 2013 4:22 pm
  • [+]
  • 372380. cobbz20
  • 10+10 =
  • 10 + 10 =
  • 20
  • Acrobatics (take 10)
  • Thu May 30, 2013 4:26 pm
John Morgan
Australia
North Parramatta
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
"Oh Dondo, you must never eat while you work...it distracts the mind from its task! Here just focus on the job at hand. Like this..." Zyneste joins Dondo in searching for traps.

Perception: 1d20+8 = (2) + 8 = 10

But Zyneste can't keep a straight face around the cute little halfling and soon finds herself laughing and not concentrating on looking at all.
5 
 Thumb up
0.01
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 372378. greenclaw
  • 1d20+8 =
  • (2) + 8 =
  • 10
  • Thu May 30, 2013 4:25 pm
John Morgan
Australia
North Parramatta
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
"Where are you going you little rascal?" Zyneste jumps after the halfling to the other side of the stream."Don't go too far on your own!"

Acrobatics (take 10): 10+6 = 10 + 6 = 16
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 372414. greenclaw
  • 10+6 =
  • 10 + 6 =
  • 16
  • Thu May 30, 2013 4:45 pm
Matt Cobb
United States
Cortland
New York
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Dondo stays close to the makeshift bridge on the other side, and looks around to see if he gets that odd feeling of being watched again.

Perception 1d20+6 = (12) + 6 = 18
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 372451. cobbz20
  • 1d20+6 =
  • (12) + 6 =
  • 18
  • Perception
  • Thu May 30, 2013 5:07 pm
Sören Kohlmeyer
Germany
Halle (Westfalen)
NRW
flag msg tools
designer
2007 - 2013
badge
You'll always stay the cat on my shoulder!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Cithaeron99 wrote:
Darven identifies several rake marks scar the carcass, suggesting a powerful feline felled this animal. Further, his check of the ground reveals fresh paw indentations in the forest’s dirt floor leading to a large oak tree trunk that bridges the gap over the river.

Perception and Sense Motive checks from everyone, please.

Perception 1d20+7 = (13) + 7 = 20
Sense Motive 1d20+3 = (17) + 3 = 20


Zehur HP 11/11 / Grit 3 / Bullet&Powder 20 / Cartridges 20
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 372479. fastfox
  • 1d20+7 =
  • (13) + 7 =
  • 20
  • Perception
  • Thu May 30, 2013 5:38 pm
  • [+]
  • 372480. fastfox
  • 1d20+3 =
  • (17) + 3 =
  • 20
  • Sense Motive
  • Thu May 30, 2013 5:38 pm
Gary Page
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmb
"We are the hunted here, not the hunters, I can feel it in my bones," says Darven, looking around carefully

Perception 1d20+5 = (13) + 5 = 18

Darven also looks around for a long branch he can use as a walking stick.
6 
 Thumb up
0.01
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 372481. GazPAge
  • 1d20+5 =
  • (13) + 5 =
  • 18
  • Perception
  • Thu May 30, 2013 5:40 pm
Sören Kohlmeyer
Germany
Halle (Westfalen)
NRW
flag msg tools
designer
2007 - 2013
badge
You'll always stay the cat on my shoulder!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Cithaeron99 wrote:
Zyneste and Dondo each feel a piercing presence, as if something is watching them. Zyneste and Darven may have seen something moving in the distance, but the light plays tricks with shadows in the forest.

How would you like to proceed?

Zehur draws his gun and looks around carefully. "Got a bad feelin' too." he says moving with the group, but staying about 15 ft. away from the "front".

Zehur HP 11/11 / Grit 3 / Bullet&Powder 20 / Cartridges 20
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sören Kohlmeyer
Germany
Halle (Westfalen)
NRW
flag msg tools
designer
2007 - 2013
badge
You'll always stay the cat on my shoulder!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Cithaeron99 wrote:
Dondo and Zyneste are faily certain that the log is not trapped...a suspicion that is borne out as the young halfling skips nimbly across the river.

Perception checks, please.

Zehur moves on the log after Zyneste has arrived on the other side.

Acrobatics Take 10 20

He seems to have no problem with his balance at all and stops in the middle of the log to look up and down the stream.

Perception 1d20+7 = (20) + 7 = 27

Zehur HP 11/11 / Grit 3 / Bullet&Powder 20 / Cartridges 20
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 372487. fastfox
  • 1d20+7 =
  • (20) + 7 =
  • 27
  • Perception
  • Thu May 30, 2013 5:49 pm
Jeffrey Ukens
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Zehur has no difficulty crossing the river. He sees the spot about 20 yards upstream where the deer was killed before being dragged to it's present location. Further investigation of the site of the killing will reveal a feline paw-print, similar to the ones near the carcass.

The sinister feeling has left the area...but Darven's sense of being the hunted rather than the hunters remains... Darven finds a suitable walking stick branch.
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sören Kohlmeyer
Germany
Halle (Westfalen)
NRW
flag msg tools
designer
2007 - 2013
badge
You'll always stay the cat on my shoulder!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Zehur walks over to the other side of the river saying "Me don't like t'at forest, let's start movin' again." He is staying about 15 ft. away from the "front" group.

Zehur HP 11/11 / Grit 3 / Bullet&Powder 20 / Cartridges 20
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeffrey Ukens
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Darven manages to cross the river without taking a bath.
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fabian van L.
Netherlands
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmb
Mirobbo tries to find out whether or not the cat crossed the river by investigating the tracks. Survival 1d20+8 = (11) + 8 = 19

If he finds paw prints leading back, he will cross the river with the spear pointing backwards. Otherwise he'll just cross.

"Please keep an eye out for the cat while I cross!

Take 10 for a score of 12 on acrobatics
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 372766. mr_obb
  • 1d20+8 =
  • (11) + 8 =
  • 19
  • Survival
  • Fri May 31, 2013 5:10 am
Jeffrey Ukens
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Mirobbo thinks that the cat is on the far side of the river, but he isn't completely certain. He is able to cross without incident. Everyone is across the river and there is about three hours of daylight left today.
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gary Page
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmb
Darven looks around uncomfortably.

"We are not well suited to the night I think. Perhaps we should look for a defensible location?"

Darven considers whether he would be able to find a cave or clearing nearby.

Survival or Kno. Geog 1d20+5 = (12) + 5 = 17

He also looks for cat tracks.

Tracking 1d20+6 = (17) + 6 = 23
6 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 375514. GazPAge
  • 1d20+5 =
  • (12) + 5 =
  • 17
  • Survival or Kno. Geog
  • Tue Jun 4, 2013 10:58 pm
  • [+]
  • 375516. GazPAge
  • 1d20+6 =
  • (17) + 6 =
  • 23
  • Tracking
  • Tue Jun 4, 2013 10:59 pm
Jeffrey Ukens
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
The cat is moving in such a way that tracking is impossible. Tree to tree, perhaps.

Darven does not see any terrain that would be likely to have caves in the nearby vicinity. Nothing that could be found before dark, in any case...
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Morgan
Australia
North Parramatta
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
"So shall we keep moving, friends?" Zyneste keeps looking at the trees in case she can get a clear shot at the cat.

Perception: 1d20+8 = (16) + 8 = 24

"We still have a few hours before dark, perhaps we will come across somewhere we can camp that has some better protection?"
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 375693. greenclaw
  • 1d20+8 =
  • (16) + 8 =
  • 24
  • Wed Jun 5, 2013 5:44 am
Jeffrey Ukens
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
The several hours pass until darkness falls. The party makes camp.


Please describe the encampment, including whether there is a fire or not. Also, will there be watches?
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sören Kohlmeyer
Germany
Halle (Westfalen)
NRW
flag msg tools
designer
2007 - 2013
badge
You'll always stay the cat on my shoulder!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Zehur helps out with building the camp where he is able to. "We should be on watch me hearties. Me takes the dog watch t'night."

Survival 1d20+7 = (13) + 7 = 20
Perception 1d20+7 = (15) + 7 = 22


Zehur HP 11/11 / Grit 3 / Bullet&Powder 20 / Cartridges 20
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 375996. fastfox
  • 1d20+7 =
  • (13) + 7 =
  • 20
  • Survival
  • Wed Jun 5, 2013 4:42 pm
  • [+]
  • 375997. fastfox
  • 1d20+7 =
  • (15) + 7 =
  • 22
  • Perception
  • Wed Jun 5, 2013 4:43 pm
John Morgan
Australia
North Parramatta
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
"I will take watch whenever I'm needed. Perhaps the last watch, as I'm an early riser anyway and will be up doing my meditation and exercises?" Zyneste prepares to sleep for the night, saying good night to the others and making sure Zehur is comfortable before she heads off to bed.

Fire? I would say yes, but what do others think?
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fabian van L.
Netherlands
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmb
"Will we keel the fire on? I like the warmth and when I am on guard, I see more in the light of a fire then in the dark."

Mirobbo ensures that there is enough wood to keep the fire burning all night.
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sören Kohlmeyer
Germany
Halle (Westfalen)
NRW
flag msg tools
designer
2007 - 2013
badge
You'll always stay the cat on my shoulder!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
"Fire is fine for me. Me keeps nightvision with t'is." Zehur says flipping his eyepatch closed and open again.

Zehur HP 11/11 / Grit 3 / Bullet&Powder 20 / Cartridges 20
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gary Page
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmb
"I will remain awake tonight. If the rest of you take watches then there will be two of us awake at any one time. I agree we should build a fire, and find a clearing so we cannot be approached unawares."

Fort save 1d20+4 = (6) + 4 = 10
6 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 376354. GazPAge
  • 1d20+4 =
  • (6) + 4 =
  • 10
  • Fort save
  • Wed Jun 5, 2013 11:22 pm
[1]  Prev «  1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [13] |