Recommend
6 
 Thumb up
 Hide
323 Posts
[1]  Prev «  9 , 10 , 11 , 12 , 13  | 

Pathfinder Society Scenario 3-00 Intro 3: A Vision of Betrayal» Forums » Play By Forum

Subject: Cithaeron99's IC Thread rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jeffrey Ukens
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Dondo gets a quick slash past Ulionestia's guard, further injuring the gill woman traitor. Then Darven staggers free from the web, a hellish vision covered in cobwebs...he crashes his greatsword straight through her defense and into her poorly defended torso. Still blinded, he can only hear the spray of blood that fountains over Dondo.

She drops.
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeffrey Ukens
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Shoalo carefully aims Zehur's pistol at his unconscious head. He seems fascinated with the gun. Slowly, deliberately, he pulls the trigger...and nothing happens. Perplexed, Shoalo looks over at Ulionestia's, the smartest person he knows...and sees her turned into a geyser of blood by Darven's sword.

He drops the pistol and runs.
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeffrey Ukens
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Ahrmisa sees Shoalo running, drops the artifact and runs as well. They dive into the harbor and quickly vanish from sight.

Initiative
Zyneste (grappled)


Dondo

Ulionestia Stabilize? 1d20+3-5 = (17) + 3 - 5 = 15. Stable.
Shoalo (R-u-n-n-o-f-t)
Ahrmisa (also)


Darven (blind for 2 more rounds (including this one))

Zehur (-3/11 hp; grappled, blind for 2 more rounds (including this one)

Everybody is up.
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 402464. Cithaeron99
  • 1d20+3-5 =
  • (17) + 3 - 5 =
  • 15
  • Stabilize?
  • Wed Jul 24, 2013 1:14 am
Sören Kohlmeyer
Germany
Halle (Westfalen)
NRW
flag msg tools
designer
2007 - 2013
badge
You'll always stay the cat on my shoulder!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Trying to stabilize 1d20+1-3 = (9) + 1 - 3 = 7
That's 1 point of damage again and still dying.


Zehur HP -4/11 / Grit 3 / Bullet&Powder 17 / Cartridges 20
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 402633. fastfox
  • 1d20+1-3 =
  • (9) + 1 - 3 =
  • 7
  • Trying to stabilize
  • Wed Jul 24, 2013 8:15 am
John Morgan
Australia
North Parramatta
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Zyneste finally recovers her sight and takes in the scene. "Where are the gillmen? Have they taken the relic?" She then sees Zehur lying unconscious near the door and tries to move out of the web so that she can attempt to reach him.

I didn't think Zyneste was grappled as she broke free last turn. She will still need to avoide getting grappled as she moves though, I believe.

CMB: 1d20+2 = (19) + 2 = 21

Assuming Zyneste can now move out of the web she will move out to the SW and then move up as close as she can to Zehur.
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 402638. greenclaw
  • 1d20+2 =
  • (19) + 2 =
  • 21
  • Wed Jul 24, 2013 8:24 am
Gary Page
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmb
Darven will try to get his bearings.

Perception 1d20+6 = (2) + 6 = 8
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 402919. GazPAge
  • 1d20+6 =
  • (2) + 6 =
  • 8
  • Perception
  • Wed Jul 24, 2013 5:14 pm
Jeffrey Ukens
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Darven has pretty much oriented himself to the room as the blood soaks into the floorboards and the patron extricate themselves from the webbing and dazzling effects of the spell.
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeffrey Ukens
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Zehur is quite a ways from death, and there is healing readily available now that the fight is over.

On Ulionestia’s body, the party finds a letter she had written to her superior in the Aspis Consortium outlining the gillmen’s plans, written in the past tense, as if she planned to send it immediately after the con was completed.
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Morgan
Australia
North Parramatta
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Zyneste reaches out to Zehur and attempts to stabilise him.

Heal: 1d20+4 = (13) + 4 = 17
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 403932. greenclaw
  • 1d20+4 =
  • (13) + 4 =
  • 17
  • Fri Jul 26, 2013 11:18 am
Gary Page
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmb
Darven will use his wand of CLW on Zehur.

1d8+1 = (4) + 1 = 5
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 403976. GazPAge
  • 1d8+1 =
  • (4) + 1 =
  • 5
  • Fri Jul 26, 2013 1:12 pm
Gary Page
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmb
As Darven's sight fully returns he survey's the scene.

"Hmmm, powerful magics indeed!". He looks at Dondo with a start.

"My word Dondo. You do get yourself in quite a mess, don't you."
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Cobb
United States
Cortland
New York
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Dondo is covered in blood and guts, but for what may be the first time in his life, he doesn't seem to notice. He cries out in distress, "It's gone! I was supposed to deliver it, and now it is gone!" Looking around frantically, he follows the path Ahrmisa took when she ran off.

Perception 1d20+6 = (7) + 6 = 13

If Dondo can't find the letter on the way out to the docks where the gillwoman dove into the bay, he will make a much more thorough search on the way back.

Perception (Take 20) 20+6 = 20 + 6 = 26
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 405073. cobbz20
  • 1d20+6 =
  • (7) + 6 =
  • 13
  • Perception
  • Mon Jul 29, 2013 1:16 am
  • [+]
  • 405075. cobbz20
  • 20+6 =
  • 20 + 6 =
  • 26
  • Perception (Take 20)
  • Mon Jul 29, 2013 1:17 am
Jeffrey Ukens
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Dondo doesn't see the envelope on the dock, so it must still be with the gill woman. As Dondo realizes this, and starts to really fret...he comes to the realization that he has fulfilled the task set for him...the envelope was delivered to a Low Azlanti.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Morgan
Australia
North Parramatta
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Zyneste dusts the remaining strands of web off herself and joins her companions. "Well that got rather messy...I for one am deeply sorry I couldn't be of more use. It seems I will need to spend much more time in meditation when I return to Absalom. The life of a Pathfinder throws up all sorts of unexpected surprises. Is there anything anyone wishes to do before we head back home. I fear we will have some explaining to do as to how we managed to let the relic fall into enemy hands."

3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sören Kohlmeyer
Germany
Halle (Westfalen)
NRW
flag msg tools
designer
2007 - 2013
badge
You'll always stay the cat on my shoulder!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Zehur opens his eyes again and starts coughing some blood out. "What happend? Did those bastards come 'way?"

Zehur HP 1/11 / Grit 3 / Bullet&Powder 17 / Cartridges 20
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Morgan
Australia
North Parramatta
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Is there anything outstanding? It feels like we're done!
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeffrey Ukens
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Having stopped the gillmen from escaping with the genuine Pathfinder artifact, you can return it safely to Absalom and the vaults of the Grand Lodge. You may even travel by sea, knowing from Ulionestia’s letter that the Aspis Consortium’s plan never involved stopping naval transport of the relic.

Venture-Captain Dreng thanks you for your efforts and apologizes for sending you on a fool’s errand. He commends you for uncovering the ruse and preventing the Society’s enemies from gaining control of a true Azlanti artifact.


Additionally, at the scenario’s conclusion, each player should choose a faction for their PC to work with in future scenarios. A PC who has played through all three parts of the First Steps series should have met all 10 faction heads and likely has an idea of which faction is most in line with their motivations and methods.
4 
 Thumb up
2.50
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Morgan
Australia
North Parramatta
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Zyneste chooses Lantern Lodge in memory of her special time in Tian Xe. Little does she know it is soon to be disbanded.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sören Kohlmeyer
Germany
Halle (Westfalen)
NRW
flag msg tools
designer
2007 - 2013
badge
You'll always stay the cat on my shoulder!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Zehur chooses Andoran.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Cobb
United States
Cortland
New York
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Dondo will choose Grand Lodge. I was going to choose Sczarni, but I don't think I can play him that way.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Morgan
Australia
North Parramatta
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Many thanks for taking us through the First Steps, Jeff! It was a lot of fun and a great group too.

Are you planning on getting us Chronicle Sheets soon? I am hoping to slot Zyneste into a game shortly.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeffrey Ukens
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, I will try o get them posted tomorrow morning. In like nine hours, or so.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sören Kohlmeyer
Germany
Halle (Westfalen)
NRW
flag msg tools
designer
2007 - 2013
badge
You'll always stay the cat on my shoulder!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
greenclaw wrote:
Many thanks for taking us through the First Steps, Jeff! It was a lot of fun and a great group too.
I second this completely (and hope the bad dice luck continues with the character)!
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
[1]  Prev «  9 , 10 , 11 , 12 , 13  |