Recommend
6 
 Thumb up
 Hide
323 Posts
1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [13] | 

Pathfinder Society Scenario 3-00 Intro 3: A Vision of Betrayal» Forums » Play By Forum

Subject: Cithaeron99's IC Thread rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jeffrey Ukens
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello and Welcome.

OOC Thread

Character Repository

6 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeffrey Ukens
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Dreng warns you that the Pathfinders are not the only group that looks to acquire this relic. It seems the Aspis Consortium has also tendered an offer, and the gillmen have decided to accept the Consortium’s deal if the Society cannot finalize its agreement within 30 days. An Aspis-funded warship patrols the waters just beyond Absalom’s harbor, preventing Pathfinder agents from sailing to Escadar unmolested. Luckily, he and Lady Gloriana have come up with a solution.

Lady Morilla stirs from her silence and speaks in a strong, demanding voice. "I have used some of the Empire of Taldor’s most skilled operatives to plant a false crew manifest and course plans with the harbormaster, ensuring that the Aspis Consortium spies who certainly keep an eye on such matters believe we are moving our relic to
Escadar on a ship tomorrow morning. This decoy should occupy the Consortium sufficiently for you to travel overland to Escadar with plenty of time to make the final agreement with the gillmen before the Society’s window of opportunity runs out."




5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeffrey Ukens
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Dreng laughs to himself absently, then instructs you to go to the Siphons in the Puddles and meet with the Pathfinder Society’s ally, information broker Grandmaster Torch. He’ll give you a map for a smugglers’ trail through the isle’s center that should allow for relatively easy and secret travel overland to Escadar. The Society has hired an appraiser and relics broker named Nester Rees to verify the authenticity of the gillmen’s relic; Rees will meet up with you after the meeting with Grandmaster Torch.

Dreng has arranged lodgings for you at an Escadar tavern called the Grindylow’s Goblet, where the gillmen have agreed to meet with them. Once you arrive, you only need to send word to the Low Azlanti embassy, then have Master Rees conduct the negotiations at the tavern on the Society’s behalf. Dreng emphasizes that you are responsible for Rees’ safety and for the success of his negotiations.


Does anyone have any questions at this juncture?
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Morgan
Australia
North Parramatta
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Zyneste steps forward a little hesitantly to speak to Dreng. "Excuse me, but how far will be travelling, and how long should it take? Do we need to bring our own provisions and gear, or will the Soceity be providing what we need for the trip?"
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Cobb
United States
Cortland
New York
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Dondo munches on some honey cakes and cheese as he listens to the Venture-Captain and Lady Morilla, visibly cringing at the mention of overland travel to Escadar. He brushes the crumbs off his shirt before agreeing with Zyneste.

"I as well have concerns over having the necessary provisions needed to make such a trip. Are there taverns along the way, roadside vendors, maybe an oxcart or two to ease the travel?"

He looks around at the other members of the group to see if they agree with him.
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gary Page
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmb
"Ah the open road, fantastic. Should we look to buy some travelling supplies, maybe a tent or two?"
6 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeffrey Ukens
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Drandle Dreng smiles, and indicates that the planned overland journey should take about a week. Ship passage from Pier's End to Escador has already been paid for, as have trail rations for the journey. Any other supplies you may wish to obtain are at your own discretion.
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Morgan
Australia
North Parramatta
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Zyneste advises that she is just going to pop out and visit the nearest market or trader's shop. She returns with a Campsite Kit equipped for four people.

"I got a good deal on this, and it caters for four. I haven't seen Mirobbo join us yet, but if he turns up I'm sure we can pick up something extra for him. I am happy to cover the costs, but we just need to split it up and share the load, as I'm afraid I can't carry it all on my own!"

5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeffrey Ukens
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Drandle Dreng will look at each of the party in turn. Does anyone have any additional questions for him, before heading to the Puddles to see Master Torch?

If not, he will bid you good day. Lady Glorana starts to stand up, and then reaches out for support from Dondo, leaning briefly on his mighty halfling arm...

5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sören Kohlmeyer
Germany
Halle (Westfalen)
NRW
flag msg tools
designer
2007 - 2013
badge
You'll always stay the cat on my shoulder!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
"Neat li'l' plan." Zehur says nodding after the explanation from the Venture Captain. "Alas we're travellin' by road, me would've loved to sail t'e sea again, but I guess t'is has to be done."

Zehur HP 11/11 / Grit 3 / Bullet&Powder 20 / Cartridges 20
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gary Page
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmb
Darven responds to Zyneste.

"Good thinking, I was considering buying a tent myself. If there is one thing I am good at it's carrying things, I'd me more than happy to carry as much of your load as I am able."

Darven thinks back to his previous travels to see what he knows about the terrain in the isle's centre.

Knowledge (geography) 1d20+5 = (5) + 5 = 10
6 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 366961. GazPAge
  • 1d20+5 =
  • (5) + 5 =
  • 10
  • Knowledge (geography)
  • Wed May 22, 2013 3:10 pm
Jeffrey Ukens
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Darven will recall that the center of the Isle of Kortos contains the Kortos Mounts, which will be rather cold this time of year.
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Morgan
Australia
North Parramatta
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
GazPAge wrote:
Darven responds to Zyneste.

"Good thinking, I was considering buying a tent myself. If there is one thing I am good at it's carrying things, I'd me more than happy to carry as much of your load as I am able."

Darven thinks back to his previous travels to see what he knows about the terrain in the isle's centre.

GazPAge previously rolled 1d20+5 = (5) + 5 = 10 (Knowledge (geography))

"Thank you, Darven. Perhaps given the likely weather we should all get a tent as well." Zyneste blushes a bit then adds a little sheepishly. "Single tents, please."
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Cobb
United States
Cortland
New York
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
As the Lady Glorana unexpectedly leans on his arm, Dondo's knees waver just a bit before he catches himself, and helps her to her feet.

"If my lady needs further assistance, please let me know," Dondo offers as he bows politely.

He turns back to the group just in time to hear about needing tents on the trip and groans.

"Tents? What are we going to need tents for? How about another party instead like we had before our last mission, with the food and fireworks."
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sören Kohlmeyer
Germany
Halle (Westfalen)
NRW
flag msg tools
designer
2007 - 2013
badge
You'll always stay the cat on my shoulder!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
"Me isn't that mountain guy, so does anyone of ya know if we might need hanging tents?" Zehur asks looking to his fellow pathfinders.

Zehur HP 11/11 / Grit 3 / Bullet&Powder 20 / Cartridges 20
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gary Page
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmb
Darven reviews the map to see if actual climbing/hanging tents will be required.

Know geog 1d20+5 = (10) + 5 = 15
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 367392. GazPAge
  • 1d20+5 =
  • (10) + 5 =
  • 15
  • Know geog
  • Thu May 23, 2013 12:41 am
Jeffrey Ukens
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Darven does not think that the mountains are of the kind that would require such specialized gear.
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Morgan
Australia
North Parramatta
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
"It seems we have a group who is comfortable with surviving in the wilderness, well except for you Dondo, of course. We'll look after you though, little friend." Zyneste ruffles the hair of the cute little halfling, "although you may have to do without some of your usual comforts for the next week or two!"

"Zehur, I know you are more used to the sea, but surely your navigationa skills can still be of use across land. Darven and I can assist."


Survival (Aid Another): 1d20+4 = (2) + 4 = 6 to start following the trail, unless there are other things we need to look into before we leave Absalom?
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 367591. greenclaw
  • 1d20+4 =
  • (2) + 4 =
  • 6
  • Thu May 23, 2013 7:40 am
Sören Kohlmeyer
Germany
Halle (Westfalen)
NRW
flag msg tools
designer
2007 - 2013
badge
You'll always stay the cat on my shoulder!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
"Ya've to turn the map the other way 'round me heartie..." Zehur reminds Zyneste with a smile. Then he gets a worn compass out and takes a detailed look on the map.

Survivial 1d20+7 = (9) + 7 = 16 (another +2 to avoid becomming lost)

Zehur HP 11/11 / Grit 3 / Bullet&Powder 20 / Cartridges 20
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 367636. fastfox
  • 1d20+7 =
  • (9) + 7 =
  • 16
  • Survivial
  • Thu May 23, 2013 8:44 am
Matt Cobb
United States
Cortland
New York
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
greenclaw wrote:
"It seems we have a group who is comfortable with surviving in the wilderness, well except for you Dondo, of course. We'll look after you though, little friend." Zyneste ruffles the hair of the cute little halfling, "although you may have to do without some of your usual comforts for the next week or two!"

Dondo smiles up at Zyneste, although it lessens a little when she mentions a week or two. He toughens up his expression though, as he mentally prepares himself. "Thanks Zyneste. I'll endure...somehow. As long as we have the tents, the food, and the means to prepare it, I am as ready as I will ever be."
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeffrey Ukens
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
The party sets out from Absolom. The Cairnlands, a broken landscape of blood-salted earth and the ruins of countless failed assaults on Absalom’s walls, soon yields to open fields and fertile ground. Ahead, a vast forest covers the foothills of large range of snow-capped mountains. The well-trodden road soon ends at a tall wall of trees, signaling the end of civilization.

Three centaurs patrol the edges of the woods. As you approach the woods, the centaurs’ leader, Urdel Thunderhoof, calls out to warn you of a predatory threat once you enter the woods. He gallops over to the group of you to talk. The hunters are surprised that you journey so far from Absalom, and are curious as to your intentions.
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gary Page
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmb
Darven calls out to the Centaur.

"Good day sir! We are but simple adventurers and explorers, and we wish to travel through the forest. I assure you we mean you and yours no harm."

"Pray tell us of this threat so we may be better prepared."
6 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Morgan
Australia
North Parramatta
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Giving Dondo a polite little push to get him to head to the front of the group and talk to the intimidating centaurs, Zyneste mutters a little self-consciously. "Hello friends...we are on a simple mission escorting our companion across land to Escadar. We would greatly appreciate any advice or warnings you are able to give!"

Diplomacy (aid another): 1d20-2 = (12) - 2 = 10
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 368906. greenclaw
  • 1d20-2 =
  • (12) - 2 =
  • 10
  • Sat May 25, 2013 3:50 am
Matt Cobb
United States
Cortland
New York
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Dondo looks back at Zyneste with a "what are you doing?" look as he is pushed to the front of the group.

"Uh. Hello." He waves and grins.

"I, I mean we, us, here are just on a trip." Nervous a the sight of the very large (especially to him) centaurs, Dondo takes a moment to compose himself. He straightens his shirt and goes on, a little more fluidly. "Yes, a trip to Escadar, as fair Zyneste has mentioned. We are Pathfinders and we seek to facilitate a trade with the Low Azlanti. We would be very appreciative if you would provide us with passage through these woods and any information on this threat that you have mentioned."

Diplomacy (Take 10) 10+7+2+2 = 10 + 7 + 2 + 2 = 21

5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 369351. cobbz20
  • 10+7+2+2 =
  • 10 + 7 + 2 + 2 =
  • 21
  • Diplomacy (Take 10)
  • Sun May 26, 2013 1:27 am
Jeffrey Ukens
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Uriel Thunderhoof smiles at Dondo's courteous words. He tells you about a dark cat stalking the forest, which is what his hunting party is seeking. They also provide you with 8 berries enchanted with a goodberry spell as well as a masterwork long spear. He says it is to help you on your journey to Escadar. These berries hold their enchantment for 4 days, as the centaurs make known.

Furthermore, Urdel Thunderhoof suggests this cat is no simple animal, for just two days ago they felt the cat’s presence as if it were herding them into an ambush. Thunderhoof asks that you kill the predator if you encounter it. They are not willing to accompany you.
6 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [13] |