John Morgan
Australia
North Parramatta
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This is the OOC thread for one of our offical RPG Geek Pathfinder Society Games. Click here to learn how you can join the guild and take part in our regular offering of sanctioned Pathfinder Society games!

Our cast of characters:

Character Player Class/Level PFS #

Ioneri Treants ajevans Rogue 1 82155-1
Gisni nyriv Wizard 1 55168-2
Rundal TheBigE Paladin 1 81598-1
Roland Eilifsson residue Fighter 1 78307-3
Torent Lovituri otterjets Monk 1 66260-3

Quick link to the Character Depository thread.
Quick link to the IC thread.

Housekeeping

1. Everyone's favourite rule...HAVE FUN!

2. If you have any questions or issues that are getting in the way of Rule No. 1 let me know and I am sure we can sort them out.

3. Please try to post regularly, at least once a day as a minimum during the week and at least once over the course of the weekend. I will check the thread at least twice a day but most likely more regularly than that.

4. If you are going to be absent or unable to post for an extended time please let me know so that we can work around this or at least be prepared.

5. Generally if someone hasn't taken an action or posted in a 24 hour period I will try and contact that person, but may 'ghost' that character to keep the story moving. If this occurs the character will either delay their action if in combat, or be considered as standing quietly at the back of the group if out of combat.

All rules are available free of charge at The Pathfinder SRD but please post any questions or rules clarifications in this thread and I will answer them ASAP.

Here are some useful/essential links if you want to read up on Pathfinder in general and Pathfinder Society play in particular:

Guide to Organised Play: Essential reading if you want to make take part in Pathfinder Society Play.
Additional Resources: Lists certain restrictions etc that pertain to Pathfinder Society Play
Paizo site: where you register your character and download and/or purchase Pathfinder resources etc.

and some excellent strategy blogs that have been passed on to me and are worth having a look at if you are so inclined:

Guide to the classes
Mergy's Methods
Strategy Articles
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jake Hermance
United States
Arlington
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Question on Purchase.
I want to purchase a Bow, is it possible for me to buy this with 2 PP?

Darkwood Composite Longbow +3

Cost in GP would be

Composite Longbow +100 GP
+3 Strength Mod +300 GP
Darkwood +330 GP

total of 730 GP

I understand that going from +2 to +3 means nothing for Torent, but down the road it might and I have room under the 750 GP cap for 2 PPs
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Morgan
Australia
North Parramatta
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes you can buy it with the PP as it costs less than 750gp, but you would not get the 20gp as change and could never resell the item.

Given Torent's strength modifier is only +2 you cannot actually use a +3 composite bow, as Torent would not be strong enough to pull back the string of the bow, as per:

"If your Strength bonus is less than the strength rating of the composite bow, you can't effectively use it..."

from the rules on Composite Longbow.

You could, however, still buy a Darkwood Composite Longbow +2 worth 630gp with the 2PP if you wish, again with no gp in change.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jake Hermance
United States
Arlington
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ah... Gotcha. Thanks. I will still purchase the +2 version for 2PP, if I can redo this as part of PFS reconfigure 1st level character rule.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Morgan
Australia
North Parramatta
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Unfortunately no, you can't redo anything purchased with PP as this can't be resold. So, if you buy the Composite Bow +2 now with PP and want a +3 later you would have to buy the new one either with an additional 2PP or with the gold. You would then have the choice of keeping the first bow or not using it at all.

Anything bought with coins can be resold for 100% of its cost during level 1 if it hasn't been consumed. From level 2 onwards you can resell it for 50% of its original price.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jake Hermance
United States
Arlington
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the help. I have added the character. Can you check over the changes/Purchases to see if I did it correct?

I listed them at the bottom.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Evans
United Kingdom
Solihull
West Midlands
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
Can you use GP to top up a PP purchase?

e.g. I want to buy Masterwork studded leather for 175gp. Can I spend 1pp and 25gp?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Morgan
Australia
North Parramatta
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
No, you can't mix and match using gold and PP to buy things. The PP is a one off 'purchase' based on your reputation. You can only get something equal to or less than what it allows, not something more topped up with gold. If it is something less you don't get the difference back as change either.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erik
Germany
Heidelberg
Baden Wurtemburg
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

As far as I can tell, there is no harm or downside to saving PP.

Not sure when we are going to start, I will be on Holiday starting Friday for a week. I will have internet access and try to keep up, but it may be spotty for a couple of days.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Morgan
Australia
North Parramatta
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
We are just waiting on Gisni at the moment. Happy to start as soon as she is ready. Thanks for heads up Erik that should be fine.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Fournier
United States
Belmont
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
Shopping now. Should be done by tonight
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Fournier
United States
Belmont
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
Tag, Greenclaw.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matias Dahlbäck
Finland
Raseborg
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
badge
I release my anger through writing.
mbmbmbmbmb
Hrm. I'm considering using Roland's PP to buy a wand of cure light wounds. Is there anyone who can use it tho?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Morgan
Australia
North Parramatta
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Rundal can use one. Paladins have Cure Light Wounds on their spell list!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matias Dahlbäck
Finland
Raseborg
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Doubleplusgood.

I'll have Roland do that buy then. Won't reach Hero Lab until late this evening my time, but consider this a written and binding expression of intent.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erik
Germany
Heidelberg
Baden Wurtemburg
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Oh goodie a new toy.....

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erik
Germany
Heidelberg
Baden Wurtemburg
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
So just to understand,

To carry a Wand you have to have the ability to cast the spell at some point?

Also, I assume for potions it does not matter?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Morgan
Australia
North Parramatta
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes that is right, even though you wont' be able to cast the spell until a higher level, the fact that it is on your spell list means you can use the wand without having to use the Use Magic Device Skill.

If you haven't used your PP already for Rundal, picking a CLW wand up for yourself might be a good idea too.

...and yes anyone can use a potion. Scrolls on the other hand....let's deal with that if and when the time comes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matias Dahlbäck
Finland
Raseborg
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The wand will be for communal use. Hell, Roland can't even use it himself. But he'll probably need it to be used
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erik
Germany
Heidelberg
Baden Wurtemburg
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

If nothing else he can poke someone in the eye with it...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matias Dahlbäck
Finland
Raseborg
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
There's probably some rule about improvised weapons that could apply for a poky stick. Not sure if they're made to sustain such damage tho.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matias Dahlbäck
Finland
Raseborg
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
updated character sheet, added wand & took away PP. Also corrected Roland's melee bonus when using his shield in his off hand.

I also just remembered that I didn't buy him any bludgeoning weapons, but does the shield count as that, perhaps?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matias Dahlbäck
Finland
Raseborg
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
There any anti-undead things we should shop after?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Morgan
Australia
North Parramatta
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
residue wrote:
updated character sheet, added wand & took away PP. Also corrected Roland's melee bonus when using his shield in his off hand.

I also just remembered that I didn't buy him any bludgeoning weapons, but does the shield count as that, perhaps?

Yes shield will count as bludgeoning.

As for undead, different strokes for different types eg. zombies are more susceptible to slashing, skeletons to bludgeoning

As for standard undead traits: Undead are immune to death effects, disease, mind-affecting effects (charms, compulsions, morale effects, phantasms, and patterns), paralysis, poison, sleep, stun, and any effect that requires a Fortitude save (unless the effect also works on objects or is harmless). Undead are not subject to ability drain, energy drain, or nonlethal damage. Undead are immune to damage or penalties to their physical ability scores (Strength, Dexterity, and Constitution), as well as to fatigue and exhaustion effects. Undead are not at risk of death from massive damage.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Fournier
United States
Belmont
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
And now the joy of having your only spellcaster mention that Divination is his opposition school...

Who's thirsty for a yummy green sulfurous smelling potion?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3  Next »   |