Recommend
7 
 Thumb up
 Hide
567 Posts
1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [23] | 

Pathfinder Society Scenario 3-00 Intro 2: To Delve the Dungeon Deep» Forums » Play By Forum

Subject: [IC] [PFS] Boon Run rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: PbF_started_2013 [+] [View All]
United States
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Welcome to Dutys_Fist’s To Delve the Dungeon Deep: Boon Run
This is a RPGGeek Pathfinder Society Guild game.

IC Thread
OOC Thread

Players:
Jeffrey Ukens
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb

Kris Vanhoyland
Belgium
Genk
flag msg tools
designer
“The oldest and strongest emotion of mankind is fear, and the oldest and strongest kind of fear is fear of the unknown.” ― H.P. Lovecraft
badge
I have loved the stars too fondly to be fearful of the night.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb

Daniel Karpouzian
United States
Waverly
Iowa
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb

Unknown Ediology
United States
Tennessee
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb


This thread is specifically for IN CHARACTER actions and conversations. Please BOLD and color-in anything your PC is saying. Ideally, each PC will have their own color. Describe PC actions in regular color and regular text.
Any aside comments to the party or GM should be inGRAY


If you are just browsing this thread and have questions or want to get in on a sanctioned Society game, check out our guild here.
7 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Character Levels Player
Skaggarak Sorceror 1 cithaeron99 45852-8
Ajyka Ntombi Wizard 1 bearpaw 23847-1
Dawn Bard (dervish) 1 karpouzian 68635-7
Kallizmuth Fighter 1 Unknown Eidology
Tetsu Ninja 1 mariogolbee 73450-1

6 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Reserved if I need it.
6 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Congratulations! You have recently been accepted as a pathfinder by the Pathfinder Society, and are eaerly awaiting adventure.

Just today, a Pathfinder runner came to you, giving you beautiful envelopes containing an invitation to Amara Li's Snapdragon Festival party in Absalom's Petal District. This is most unusal, since only the luckiest or most influential Pathfinders receive invitations to Amara Li’s annual Snapdragon Festival celebration, which is the most exclusive and reknowned parties taking place during this festival. Being a formal event, you should dress to impress, or so the letter says. The letter also says that you should seek out Amara Li herself, the head of the Lantern Lodge. What could Amara ever want with you, a newly recruited Pathfinder?



The Pathfinder Society
The Pathfinder Society is a globe-spanning organization based out of Absalom, the world's largest city. Its members, the Pathfinders, are adventurers who travel throughout Golarion, usually inconspicuously, and explore, delve, and otherwise experience the lesser-seen parts of the world, and collecting artifacts found in their travels. Being such a large organization, the Pathfinder Society also consists of several factions, who seek to use the Pathfinder Society's great influence to their own ends.

Amara Li
Amara Li is head of the "Lantern Lodge", one of the Pathfinder Society's 10 8 factions. The Lantern Lodge represents Tian interests in the Inner Sea region, ensuring that Pathfinder Society agents far to the east of the Decemvirate’s direct views are considered in organization-wide affairs. The Lantern Lodge seeks to spread word of Tian Xia’s ancient teachings and add the cultural richness and mysterious antiquities of the Dragon Empires to the wealth of the Pathfinder Society.

The Snapdragon Festival
The Snapdragon Festival is an annual Gokan festival, and features fireworks, plum wine, and Gokan culture.

So, will you attend Amara Li's Snapdragon Festival party? Yes. How will you prepare?
7 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Karpouzian
United States
Waverly
Iowa
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Dawn, owning little more than the clothing at her back, and the weapons by her side, just goes in a simple blouse and dress. She carries no weapons with her, but proudly displays her holy symbol of Sarenrae.
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kris Vanhoyland
Belgium
Genk
flag msg tools
designer
“The oldest and strongest emotion of mankind is fear, and the oldest and strongest kind of fear is fear of the unknown.” ― H.P. Lovecraft
badge
I have loved the stars too fondly to be fearful of the night.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Not seeing a need to present herself as any different from her usual self, Ajyka arrives at the social gathering in her normal, comfortable attire, unarmed. She believes that people should be judged on their actions, rather than their appearance. If the nature and extravagance of the event makes her feel uncomfortable, she does a good job of hiding it, as she regards the attendees curiously with bright green eyes.

Her monkey familiar is perched on her shoulder, with its tail coiled around her neck.
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
OK. I'm going to assume that Cith and UE do nothing to prepare.

After getting through the many guards keeping watch over Amara Li's Lodge, you are at last at the party itself. The aroma of blooming orchids and flowing wine mixes with the acrid tang of recently exploded fireworks, and the sound of strangely discordant music comes from a duo of Tian women playing an unusual stringed instrument and a reed flute. The crowd mingles calmly, most guests clearly hoping to be seen more than actually paying attention to those with whom they converse, though the plum wine seems to have affected many who now move about the lodge’s grounds waving sparkling wands of fire and shooting whirring, whizzing fireworks into the sky above the koi pond.


One of the guests, a lady in purple, notices Ajyka's monkey.



My, what curious creature! Its quite charming. I've seen nothing like it in Absalom. Is it rare? It would make a very nice dress...
Where did you buy it? Is it from Tian-Xia? I've always wondered what fascinating and exotic creatures they have there.



She then notices Dawn's clothes.
You are aware that this is a party, yes? Oh, you must be a domestic servent, I'm sorry. Go on with your business. Sorry for the interruption.
The lady puts her mask back on, and walks away.



A few minutes later, a man in a red jacket, no doubt one of Amara Li's household staff, comes and signals you towards Amara Li's private study, where she bows ever so slightly in order to acknowledge your presence. She is seated on a reed mat before a low table set with an exquisite porcelain tea set. She motions for you to sit with her around the table, and once the door is closed behind you and you have taken their seats, begins talking in a low, hushed voice without even the hint of a Tian accent:



Well met, Pathfinders, and welcome to the Lantern Lodge.

I hope you find the Snapdragon Festival and my hospitality worthy of your time and energy. I have not brought you here for mere pleasantries, however, and wish to ask you to partake a dangerous mission on my behalf.

Long ago, one of my most esteemed ancestors, who was rich in power but poor in sense, gave a gift to a foreign prince, a gift that prince did not deserve and my foolish ancestor had no right to give—a ceremonial jade katana. At the time the gift was sent, its recipient was invading this island. He laid siege to Absalom from his fortress in the foothills of the Kortos Mounts. Like those who came before him, the warlord failed to take Absalom and perished in the attempt. On the very day of his defeat, his castle crumbled to dust in a violent earthquake and has been lost to the centuries ever since. My family’s heirloom was lost with it.

A recent report by a group of Pathfinders gives me hope that they have finally found the ruin, and I might finally recover my family’s treasure. I’m looking for an intrepid group to retrieve it for me, and I’m hoping that is you. The fame and wealth you will doubtlessly recover will bring you much honor within the Society, and if you deliver the katana to me, you will have my favor as you begin your careers as full agents of the Pathfinder Society.

I will provide you a guide to take you to the ruins when you depart.”


Any questions for Amara Li? Anything someone wants to mention? If no, you are free to head back outside and enjoy the party. What do you do?


5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kris Vanhoyland
Belgium
Genk
flag msg tools
designer
“The oldest and strongest emotion of mankind is fear, and the oldest and strongest kind of fear is fear of the unknown.” ― H.P. Lovecraft
badge
I have loved the stars too fondly to be fearful of the night.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Ajyka regards the woman in the fancy purple dress with slightly raised eyebrows. "Curious, you've never seen a monkey? He was born in the jungles of the Mwangi Expanse, and his name is Isoke. If you mean to flay him however, I will have to protest. He is my friend, and not a fashion statement." The monkey screeches, as if in agreement.

"As for you getting to know the creatures of Tian-Xia, I'm not sure they would like to get to know you,"
Ajyka says as she casts a dissaproving glance at the feathers the woman wears in her hair for decoration.

After being introduced to Amara Li, Ajyka answers, "It's a fine gathering, and I've enjoyed everything there was to see. The people in Absalom never cease to amaze me however, as there was a lady who mentioned she would like to wear my little friend here as a dress," meanwhile scratching the monkey's head as he lays contently in her lap. "I'm sure you would not want any of your guests asking if those exotic looking fish in your pond outside taste good," she adds with a slight smile.

Listening to the task that the Tian woman has for us, Ajyka simply states, "If this trinket is so important to you and to the Society in general, I will strive to recover it." I don't think I'll ever understand how people can put so much value on material possessions, Ajyka thinks to herself.
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Amara Li smiles. Indeed. Those of Absalom can have strange customs. Just the other day, I had a novice Pathfinder present me with a rabbit foot as a gift. Can you imagine? I suppose that he meant no harm however. But do let me know if you or your monkey have any trouble... I would hate for something to happen. May I stroke him? Or is it a her?

The katana is indeed important to the Society, and to me personally.
5 
 Thumb up
0.05
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
As you leave to enjoy the rest of the party, a handsome man approaches in the Eagle Knight’s ceremonial uniform—a bright blue overcoat with polished gold buttons, gold eagle epaulets, and a fine, black felt tricorn hat.




He extends his arms, and flings them over Ajyka and Dawn's shoulders.

He starts speaking very loudly, as if he wants the whole party to hear his words.

“Greetings, Pathfinders! I hear you’re headed out into the Cairnlands on official Society business. Best of luck outside the city walls, though you look like sturdy enough adventurers. Perhaps not Eagle Knight material, but qualified for the work of a Pathfinder.

“A word of warning, though, friends—beware the walking dead. The crumbling ruins surrounding the city are rife with them, and you’re likely to run into more than your fair share over the course of your career. Undeath and the undead are more than just a physical peril, however. Undeath is the worst kind of slavery. And it should be eradicated like all servitude, whether to aristocracy or to mental control. Being enslaved to the flesh beyond when Pharasma calls one’s soul to the Boneyard is a fate I wouldn’t wish upon my greatest enemy.

So while you plumb the depths of Asad’s Keep, remember your solemn duty to your fellow man—both living and dead. Any undead you encounter along the way should be freed of their earthly shell.

“If you prove your dedication to freedom, the resources of Andoran will be at your disposal in your future endeavors.”

5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kris Vanhoyland
Belgium
Genk
flag msg tools
designer
“The oldest and strongest emotion of mankind is fear, and the oldest and strongest kind of fear is fear of the unknown.” ― H.P. Lovecraft
badge
I have loved the stars too fondly to be fearful of the night.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Ajyka smiles at Amara. "Certainly, he won't bite, and his name is Isoke." As she leaves the room, she gives the woman a courteous bow.

When the man throws her arms around their shoulders, Ajyka tries to squirm away at this display of familiarity. "It's true, we have made arrangements to visit some sort of ruined keep outside of Absalom, and I can't say I disagree with your view on things. I'm called Ajyka, and this here is Isoke, and you are...?" she says expectantly to the man.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Ah, apologies! I am Major Colson Maldris, Eagle Knight of Andor, and also head of the Andoran Faction of the pathfinders. It is always a pleasure to meet new pathfinders. You should all consider joining the Andoran faction. We are the only faction with a noble goal, if I say so myself.
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Karpouzian
United States
Waverly
Iowa
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Dawn, still miffed at the 'servant' comment, decides to dance 1d20+9 = (16) + 9 = 25 to the exotic music being played - in between her discussions with the faction heads of the pathfinders. As she dances, her halo becomes apparent.
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 344729. karpouzian
  • 1d20+9 =
  • (16) + 9 =
  • 25
  • dance
  • Sun Apr 21, 2013 9:46 pm
United States
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
My, your dancing is most intricate. I am glad that someone is enjoying themselves at this party. I hope that you as nimble in battle as you are in dance.
6 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Karpouzian
United States
Waverly
Iowa
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Dutys_Fist wrote:
My, your dancing is most intricate. I am glad that someone is enjoying themselves at this party. I hope that you as nimble in battle as you are in dance.

But you mistake me, this is battle, just on a different field. No?

Dawn begins wielding a scarf like a scimitar, and then slowly ceases her dancing when she realizes that she has drawn a crowd... She readjusts her holy symbol, and blushes slightly.
6 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I suppose. Say, have you considered joining the Aldori duelling school? I'm sure that their philosphies align with yours, and they're a fine lot.
6 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kris Vanhoyland
Belgium
Genk
flag msg tools
designer
“The oldest and strongest emotion of mankind is fear, and the oldest and strongest kind of fear is fear of the unknown.” ― H.P. Lovecraft
badge
I have loved the stars too fondly to be fearful of the night.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Dutys_Fist wrote:
Ah, apologies! I am Major Colson Maldris, Eagle Knight of Andor, and also head of the Andoran Faction of the pathfinders. It is always a pleasure to meet new pathfinders. You should all consider joining the Andoran faction. We are the only faction with a noble goal, if I say so myself.

"I'm sure most of the other factions think exactly the same when reflecting upon their own position," Ajyka says while offering the man a polite smile.
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Karpouzian
United States
Waverly
Iowa
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I do appreciate the offer, kind sir, but alas, Sarenrae has given us the scimitar, not the Aldoran dueling sword. Dawn smiles politely.
6 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mario De Super
United States
San Jose
California
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Tetsu leaves most of his property in his quarters at the Grand Lodge. Currently supplied mostly for exploring and battle, he shops in town for the early morning until he finds a suitable hakama to augment his existing wardrobe for tonight’s festivities. Although he removes his cuirass, he wears his normal dark grey gi with the navy blue with white decoration hakama (think long skirt) over his gi pants. He keeps his daggers ready in their spring-loaded wrist sheaths, springs cranked, and a potion, shurikens, 2 paper candles, and his thieves tools, all in various hidden pockets of his gi.

Tetsu, a young man of Tian origin, with short, black hair and a thin mustache suddenly melts out of the shadows. He step a short distance, stopping in front of the trio he had been listening to a moment ago. He bows at the waist to the three partygoers. Then he regards his fellow Pathfinders.

You must be Dawn and Ajyka. My name is Soyokaze Tetsu. I am also a Pathfinder. I have just left a meeting with Mistress Li. I sought her out and asked for her favor, so that I might gain knowledge of events which transpired in Tian Xia long ago. Thus, she has instructed me to seek you out and assist you in recovery of the jade katana. I am most honored to meet your acquaintance and place my skills at your service.

Tetsu then turns to Major Maldris, in regards to the statement he made just moments before.

Dutys_Fist wrote:
You should all consider joining the Andoran faction. We are the only faction with a noble goal, if I say so myself.

Diplomacy check on Major Maldris 1d20 + 6 = (1) + 6 = 7
Major Maldris, a man who places himself so high above all others clearly thinks of them as less than he. For a man who claims to be so noble, to claim his host to be less than he, one might question if he had left his nobility at the door. I am certain Mistress Li would frown upon your words. The Lantern Lodge’s quest to share ancient knowledge to the world is a noble cause as well. Is it not? Perhaps you might learn a thing or two yourself from the Lantern Lodge? Surely, a man as noble as yourself is not so full of himself as to not have room for the knowledge and wisdom of others? Or does your cup runneth over? Or has the plum wine in your cup simply been outstanding tonight?

5 
 Thumb up
0.25
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 345483. mariogolbee
  • 1d20 + 6 =
  • (1) + 6 =
  • 7
  • Diplomacy check on Major Maldris
  • Mon Apr 22, 2013 9:21 pm
United States
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Know that there is not much difference between the scimitar and the sword of Aldor, but perhaps you shall see for yourself that in a while. With your skills at the dance, I am sure that you will have a chance to meet them som- Colonel Maldris replies to Dawn, when Tetsu brashly interrupts him.

When Tetsu finishes, Colonel Maldris turns to him.

This, my comrades, is the worst sort of mentality. Second only to the undead. Never let tradition be a justification for anything. Never live with something because it has always been done. You know the truth in your hearts. On this mission, and every other, keep this in mind.

Major Maldris stops speaking, as he sees a halfling approach him.


The halfling stands on his tiptoes, and Major Maldris crouches as the halfing whispers something in his ear.

Major Maldris turns to you again, and waves fairwell.

"I apologize for this brief meeting, but, being an Eagle Knight and head of the Andoran faction, I am quite busy, and it seems that an urgent matter awaits me. Good fortune to you, young Pathfinders. May you always fight for freedom, for justice, and for what is right, even when your adversaries be great."

As Major Colson Maldris leaves, a well-dressed Keleshite man approaches them and asks for a quick word. He pulls you over to the side of the party, before speaking quickly but softly to you.





“Like a fast-spoken djinn, I’ll get to the quick. I know where you are going. House Damaq of Qadira claim the ruin, but we are willing to allow you access for the price of a small deed easily accomplished during your adventure. You will be wellcompensated, I assure you, for profits are most rewarding when shared. I assume treasure-seekers like yourselves are interested in such a proposition?”

Without waiting for an answer, he continues, his eyes intent and his posture rigid.

“The ruin is Qadiran, which is why we claim it, and we are willing to defend it, but there are really only certain things left in Asad’s Keep we are interested in: trade agreements, of which we believe there to be many within the ruins. All we ask that you do is to turn over all trade agreements you find to us as soon as you return to Absalom, as we will be able to hold the signers to them even centuries after their signing.

“The satrap of Qadira—nay, the entire Padishah Empire of Kelesh—has much to offer the Pathfinder Society, and I personally have no qualms about sharing those resources with you, specifically. Shall we shake on this agreement?”


If anyone has knowledge(local), please make a roll.
6 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Unknown Ediology
United States
Tennessee
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Kallizmuth stomps around behind his companions, a permanent scowl upon his face. Parties - what did they think he was; an elf? A gnome? No self-respecting dwarf would be caught dead at one of these, what did they call them - galas? balls? Kallizmuth just wanted to get down to business, not entertain dignitaries or jump through hoops.

What a waste these parties, were; so uptight and prim and proper. Nothing like the dwarven way of doing things - now that was a festivity!
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Karpouzian
United States
Waverly
Iowa
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Knowledge Local 1d20+4 = (3) + 4 = 7
6 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 345589. karpouzian
  • 1d20+4 =
  • (3) + 4 =
  • 7
  • Knowledge Local
  • Mon Apr 22, 2013 11:46 pm
Mario De Super
United States
San Jose
California
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
In response to Colonel Madris's bitter words, Tetsu chuckles slightly and responds with a polite smile upon his face.
What noble words indeed, Colonel. It would seem there is no room for the teachings of others in your cup. There is only room for more wine. And you speak of change? Thank you for the rest of your advice and cautions. Good day.

After the Keleshite approaches, Tetsu nods in greeting to him and the dwarf who seems to also be of interest. He waits to hear what his companions have to say on the matter.

5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeffrey Ukens
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
A heavily tattooed half-orc in worn clothing follows Kallizmuth over to the group. He is unarmed, but bears himself well.

"Kallizmuth",he says. "Here is a flagon of ale for ye. The well-dressed pansy that had it won't be needing it, so he donated it to your cause." The half-orc raises another flagon. "Your health!" He looks at the others gathered. "Name's Skaggarak..." He offers his free hand to whomever is standing there. "Sorry I'm late, got into a scuffle on the way here..."
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kris Vanhoyland
Belgium
Genk
flag msg tools
designer
“The oldest and strongest emotion of mankind is fear, and the oldest and strongest kind of fear is fear of the unknown.” ― H.P. Lovecraft
badge
I have loved the stars too fondly to be fearful of the night.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Ajyka's eyes narrow at the Keleshite man that pulls them into a corner. "How very generous of you that you would 'allow' us access to 'your' ruin," she says, her tone of voice dripping with sarcasm.

"I feel that I will have to dissapoint you however. I do not consider myself a seeker of treasures—at least not the kind of treasure you are probably thinking of. Now, if we happen to stumble across these trade agreements you mention, we will certainly remember your offer, but do not try and bribe us with promises, Ajyka says, not showing any intention to take the man's outstretched hand.

Then she adds in a slightly more pleasant tone, "I feel it is demeaning to us, and to a man of your stature," as she gives a slight, respectful bow to take the sharp edge off the conversation.
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [23] |