John Morgan
Australia
North Parramatta
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
This is the In Character [IC] thread for one of our offical RPG Geek Pathfinder Society Games. Click here to learn how you can join the guild and take part in our regular offering of sanctioned Pathfinder Society games!

Our cast of characters:


Character Player Class/Level PFS #

Milo Montajay residue Bard 1 78307-2
Ozgg znirp81 Barbarian 1 78727-1
Hiram Thistlefoot Rodafowa Rogue 1 78729-1
Endo Fineleaf Vladimir17 Cavalier 1 73392-2
Tinma the Tinkerer Dutys_Fist Gunslinger 1 64583-4
Hahaer not2fear Oracle 1/Wizard 1 52678-4


Quick link to Character Depository.
Quick link to the OOC thread.
8 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Morgan
Australia
North Parramatta
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
The Blakros Museum rises into the night sky, its single black spire severing the full moon in twain. The black iron gates surrounding the exhibition hall grind in protest against the wind. Beyond, the museum’s large oaken doors stand wide open, a silver-gray mist belching forth from the cavernous darkness within. You wonder how you ended up here, standing at the precipice of unknown terrors, and instantly Venture-Captain Adril Hestram’s wide looming face is conjured into your minds’ eye. His booming words ring out from memory as clearly as he spoke them only one hour ago:


“The Blakros Museum is cursed. Some darkness has descended upon the place and those who enter are blasted with evil and left raving through its halls, more beast than men. The curator, Nigel Aldain, is an old associate of the Society, though he chose to leave our organization some years back after a disagreement.” Adril looked sheepish then, as if remembering some distasteful incident from his youth.

“Nigel has long denied the Society access to the Blakros Museum’s considerable collection of relics and scrolls, using his extensive contacts to nab several excellent finds right out from under us... he always had a nose for the hunt. Whatever is past between Nigel and the Society, he needs our help now. Perhaps if we can come to his aid, he may think on rejoining the Pathfinder Society, or at least offering to share his discoveries with us.”

“Apparently the trouble at Blakros Museum began this morning, shortly after a wayward Pathfinder named Lugizar Trantos returned to Absalom after months spent in the Mwangi Expanse. Supposedly, instead of coming straight to the Lodge to report in, he went to Blakros, sold his finds to Nigel, and then disappeared with a hefty sum of gold. The few who glimpsed Lugizar claimed he was much changed by his time in the Mwangi... gaunt, his eyes yellowed and unfocused, a strange rasping cough that seemed to wrack his now wasted frame. Whatever he brought back with him, we believe it is the cause of the Blakros Museum’s ills. Root it out.”

As well as his words, the Venture-Captain also provided you with the following map and tells you that you should head to the offices first to find Nigel as he may have some insight into whatever foul curse vexes the place:
7 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matias Dahlbäck
Finland
Raseborg
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
badge
I release my anger through writing.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Milo chews on his pipe, puffing out angry clouds of smoke as he glares at the museum.

"This is goblin dung. What tale of legend fit to be added to the annals of Milo Montajay can be had from visiting a museum?" he mutters before looking at his comrades, waiting for them to agree.
7 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vladimir Lehotai
Slovakia
Piešťany
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Endo looks at Milo and says:
"Now, Milo, the museum is allegedly cursed. Or someone wants us to believe it. Let's prove everybody wrong or break the curse. Or die trying. Horribly, of course."
7 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matias Dahlbäck
Finland
Raseborg
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
badge
I release my anger through writing.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
"I know of no other way to die Endo. To grow old and close our eyes for the last time in a bed, surrounded by our loved ones, that is not the end of the path we've chosen to walk." Milo smiles and points at the museum with the stem of his pipe. "You think they keep a good inventory though?"
6 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Al P
Norway
Orkanger
Sør Trondelag
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
"Pah! Ozgg no die, others do that!" Ozgg says half way through a yawn, the stench of grog still heavy on his breath.
Scratching his stomach absently he regards the ornate exterior of the museum.

"In-van-tery? What that? I's here for shinies?"
6 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Roe
United Kingdom
Watford
Herts
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Hiram regards the building with a leery eye.

"Now chaps, I'm not exactly au fait with the intricate complexities of meteorology. But I'm not sure it's a good sign that fog is coming from INSIDE the blasted building, what?"
6 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matias Dahlbäck
Finland
Raseborg
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
badge
I release my anger through writing.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
How embarassing. That's a good point...

Milo lets off a dismissive shrug. "Parlor tricks to entice visitors, I'm sure. You see the same thing in the theatre, all the time."
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
This is gonna be fun says Tinma, as she approaches the fog and runs around in it.
See. The fog is FUUUN! Tinma disappears into the fog

Spoiler (click to reveal)
And then attempts to exit somewhere the party can't see her, double back, and scare the party.

Stealth check if necessary
1d20+5 = (15) + 5 = 20
6 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 323265. Dutys_Fist
  • 1d20+5 =
  • (15) + 5 =
  • 20
  • Tue Mar 26, 2013 12:36 pm
Al P
Norway
Orkanger
Sør Trondelag
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
With his keen eyes, Ozgg tries to pierce the eerie fog.

perception 1d20+4 = (18) + 4 = 22
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 323270. znirp81
  • 1d20+4 =
  • (18) + 4 =
  • 22
  • perception
  • Tue Mar 26, 2013 12:44 pm
John Morgan
Australia
North Parramatta
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Through the fog Ozzg sees into what appears to be the dark, empty atrium that forms the entrance to the Blakros Museum. He cannot detect any sign of movement or anything out of place.
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Terence
Singapore
Singapore
flag msg tools
designer
RPG Geek Rocks!
badge
Mystic
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Hahaer casts Guidance on himself and attempts to recollect..."Where have i heard the names Lugizar Trantos, Nigel Aldain and the Blakros Museum before..."


Know Local Take 10 10+10 = 10 + 10 = 20

Then he asks around after casting Enhance Diplomacy and trying the gather information...

Diplomacy Gather Information Take 10 10+10+2 = 10 + 10 + 2 = 22
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 323424. not2fear
  • 10+10 =
  • 10 + 10 =
  • 20
  • Know Local Take 10
  • Tue Mar 26, 2013 4:29 pm
  • [+]
  • 323425. not2fear
  • 10+10+2 =
  • 10 + 10 + 2 =
  • 22
  • Diplomacy Gather Information Take 10
  • Tue Mar 26, 2013 4:30 pm
John Morgan
Australia
North Parramatta
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Hahaer keeps up-to-date with the news of the day and what he doesn't know he is able to find out from his many friends within the city, who are always happy to stop and chat to such a charming man.

He recalls and discovers that Lugizar Trantos spent the better part of a year in the Mwangi Expanse. At first he wrote letters to his brother and wife, but after a few months these stopped coming and most gave him up for dead. His letters spoke of a lucrative find at one point, three idols of dark wood carved in the shape of bearded monkeys. The last of his letters evidenced an unhinged mind, and was covered in strange sketches of monkey paws. He described dark eyes glaring out from the mists. Shortly after his return to Absalom, many of the monkeys and apes in the city’s menageries attacked their keepers and fled into greater Absalom.
6 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Al P
Norway
Orkanger
Sør Trondelag
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
"We go in? New sword want blood!" he says waving the great blade around to show it off.

"Er does mist bite, you guys go first...?"
he mutters suddenly unsure of this unearthly fog.
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Tinma reappears behind everyone. If she didn't die in the mists.

BOO! she shrieks, trying to surprise the party.
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vladimir Lehotai
Slovakia
Piešťany
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Endo's mind was wandering somewhere else and he was surprised by Tinma's entry.

"Gah!"

In fact, he was so much surprised that he almost fell out of his saddle.

"Damned, Tinma! I almost got a heart attack!"
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Morgan
Australia
North Parramatta
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Ok, unless anyone else has anything that they want to do before heading in, I will have the first room posted later today AUS time.
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Morgan
Australia
North Parramatta
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
The group enters the atrium of the Blakros Museum:

An unnatural cold permeates this chamber and the tendrils of silver-gray mist flowing out the front archway into the courtyard beyond seem to effortlessly pierce the flesh and gently caress the bone in a cold embrace. The grand entranceway’s vaulted ceiling is supported by six great pillars of hewn black stone. Braziers mounted on the pillars cast white radiance from balls of continual light. The light glimmers eerily in the silvery haze that fills the atrium, giving the impression of something alien watching from the glowing fog.

MAP

Endo Will: 1d20+2 = (2) + 2 = 4
Hahaer Will: 1d20+4 = (2) + 4 = 6
Hiram Will: 1d20+2 = (19) + 2 = 21
Milo Will: 1d20+1 = (19) + 1 = 20
Ozzg Will: 1d20-2 = (12) - 2 = 10
Tinma Will: 1d20+4 = (16) + 4 = 20


As you enter the mist, Endo, Hahaer and Ozzg are overcome by its effects, degenerating into ape-like proto-creatures, little more than brutish beasts...Ok so Ozzg didn't actually degenerate, he was sort of enhanced, but you get the picture.
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 323868. greenclaw
  • 1d20+2 =
  • (19) + 2 =
  • 21
  • Wed Mar 27, 2013 8:16 am
  • [+]
  • 323869. greenclaw
  • 1d20+4 =
  • (2) + 4 =
  • 6
  • Wed Mar 27, 2013 8:16 am
  • [+]
  • 323870. greenclaw
  • 1d20-2 =
  • (12) - 2 =
  • 10
  • Wed Mar 27, 2013 8:17 am
  • [+]
  • 323871. greenclaw
  • 1d20+1 =
  • (19) + 1 =
  • 20
  • Wed Mar 27, 2013 8:18 am
  • [+]
  • 323872. greenclaw
  • 1d20+4 =
  • (16) + 4 =
  • 20
  • Wed Mar 27, 2013 8:18 am
  • [+]
  • 323873. greenclaw
  • 1d20+2 =
  • (2) + 2 =
  • 4
  • Wed Mar 27, 2013 8:19 am
Matias Dahlbäck
Finland
Raseborg
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
badge
I release my anger through writing.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, that doesn't sound good. Is there any way of determining where the fog comes from?
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matias Dahlbäck
Finland
Raseborg
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
badge
I release my anger through writing.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Milo shudders as he walks into the eerie light, and turns to comment on this to his compatriots, when he sees some of them acting a bit weird. Well, weirder than they usually do. He backs away from them, and looks around, frowning.

Based on the description I'm guessing the braziers (and the lighteffects they make) is what's causing it. But I'll roll perception just for the heck of it.

I spy, with my little eye... 1d20+4 = (18) + 4 = 22
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 323899. residue
  • 1d20+4 =
  • (18) + 4 =
  • 22
  • I spy, with my little eye...
  • Wed Mar 27, 2013 9:20 am
Al P
Norway
Orkanger
Sør Trondelag
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Suddenly a strange feeling overcomes Ozgg, his back straightens and his eyes gain a certain focus.

"Well that's awfully strange. I believe these mists have some form intelligence enchantment cast upon them, if I had to I would say its been increased to a staggering six on the attribute scale!"

(...ha ha ha, actually I go down one in intelligence to get to 6)


As the tendrils of mist draw into his lungs Ozgg noticeably starts to hunch over his knuckles almost touching the fog shrouded floor. Yawning again his mouth opens wide, his tusks seemingly even more pronounced than before.

"Ozgg feel..." he rumbles before getting distracted by some distant noise. He raises his head and sniffs the air, a deep resonant growl forming in his throat, he does not like the unnatural smell of this place.

perception check (trying to sense prey) 1d20+4 = (16) + 4 = 20

5 
 Thumb up
0.02
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 323905. znirp81
  • 1d20+4 =
  • (16) + 4 =
  • 20
  • perception check (trying to sense prey)
  • Wed Mar 27, 2013 10:07 am
John Morgan
Australia
North Parramatta
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Milo strains to see through the mist, but can't tell where it may be originating from as it seems to be flowing through the whole museum. He can see that a long hallway leads directly out of the entrance area and that there is a door on either side of the hallway where the atrium area joins to the hall.

Ozzg can sense that there are other life forms in the museum and faint animal sounds can be heard coming from deeper in the museum...could they also be from apes?
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Tinma loads her gun with a regular bullet and starts pointing it towards the mist at various places.
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Al P
Norway
Orkanger
Sør Trondelag
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Ozgg pads forward almost on all fours and sniffs again.

"Others" he grunts gesturing further into the billowing mist.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Terence
Singapore
Singapore
flag msg tools
designer
RPG Geek Rocks!
badge
Mystic
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Hahaer shouts as the mist envelopes him, Endo and Ozzg..."Hey, its not mist! Its the virus..."

After some horrendous screaming, the trio finally emerge...


It is time for the apes to rise and take over the world!
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [16] |