Sören Kohlmeyer
Germany
Halle (Westfalen)
NRW
flag msg tools
designer
2007 - 2013
badge
You'll always stay the cat on my shoulder!
mbmbmbmbmb
Navigation
Game Threads
[IC] All Hallows Eve (this thread)
[OOC] All Hallows Eve

Wiki
All Hallows Eve Wiki Root

Hit play and follow me into a world of dust and tumbleweed ...

It's the Year of the Lord, 1876, October 30th to be precise. Thirteen years've gone by since the West has gone Weird and we're in western Colorado, several miles southwest of Denver. It has been a long day, the sun is still burning in the sky and the emerging wind is causing the dust to flow from the ground. As you turn around, you notice a wall of dust, a sandstorm which comes closer quickly. You hurry up to find shelter before the storm reaches you.

The gusts of wind nearly rip your hat of your head as some buidlings come into sight behind a small hill. A two storey building with porch and a nearly as high barn nearby, which both seem to be really sturdy. Sandstorms have to be common here you guess as you approach and see a middle aged man closing the shutters. A sign above the entry remarks that you reached the Raynor Hotel.

You may decide by yourself in which order you arrive and when you are seen by the others. Please start with a description of your characters appearance as soon as you enter the hotel.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Armstrong
Canada
Edmonton
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
"This sure has been more than I bargained for..." I say to myself and I ride quickly to the hotel, Samson grunting hard. What appears to be the owner of the hotel is closing the shutters and gives me a small nod. I tie Samson to the hitch and walk into the hotel.

I wipe the sweat from my brow and adjust my black Stetson. There are a few regular folk milling around in the small bar off to the side and they eye me up. I feel out of place with my Sunday Best on, with a Reverend collar on to boot.

I sit down at an empty table next to a window and unsling my Winchester from my back and lean it against the wall. I can see Samson outside, facing away from the wind, chewing on some sprouts of grass near the patio. A young lady asks me what I'll be having and I order a glass of water.

I hope the hotel has room for me tonight.

Rev. Reynolds Wind 22 / No Wounds / Fate Chips white 0 red 0 blue 0
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonna
Finland
Helsinki
Uusimaa
flag msg tools
admin
designer
"Live your truth. Express your love. Share your enthusiasm. Take action towards your dreams. Walk your talk. Dance and sing to your music. Embrace your blessings. Make today worth remembering." ― Steve Maraboli
badge
नमस्ते (Namaste) – I honor the place in you in which the entire universe dwells. I honor the place in you which is of love, of truth, of light and of peace. When you are in that place in you and I am in that place in me, we are one.
mbmbmbmbmb
I walk into the hotel and cough out some of the sand the wind managed to push into my airways before I got in. I sweep some dust of my dark brown shirt's sleeves and straighten my bandana. I'm wearing practical trousers and boots and a stetson on my short curly hair. I've got my gun belt on and I'm carrying a backpack and saddle bags.

I walk to the counter, lean casually on it and see a priest sitting in the saloon. This should be interesting, I think. As soon as I reach the counter, I drop the saddle bags in front of it and get out some playing cards from my pocket and start fiddling with them with my left hand. I do that without even thinking about it, the cards are part of me. Where ever I am, are the cards.

I wait for the man to finish with the shutters and then say, smiling "Some storm we've got coming up. I'm Cat Wright." I extend my right hand "Would you happen to have a vacant room for me?"

Cat Wright Wind 18 / No Wounds / Fate Chips white 0 red 0 blue 0
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sören Kohlmeyer
Germany
Halle (Westfalen)
NRW
flag msg tools
designer
2007 - 2013
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
"Good evenin' Miss Wright, welcome to our modest little hotel out in the sticks! My name's Jim, Jim Raynor." the man answers with a friendly booming voice, lifts his bowler and shakes your hand. He's got short, red hair with the beginning of a widow's peak, a lot of freckles and brown eyes. Wearing a vest and a leather apron, he looks like the stereotypical bartender. "An' yes, we've got plenty of room vacant for tonight. Do you got a horse with you too? "

After your answer he turns to the Reverend and asks "Reverend, I'll bring your horse to the stable in the barn. Miss Wright here is right, the storm will get ugly tonight."

As he leaves, the young lady comes back from behind the kitchen curtain and serves the Reverend his water. She has brown, shoulder-length hair and bright blue eyes. Her simple dress below a kitchen gown is simple but well cleaned. "You are going to be with us tonight, Reverend?" she asks as she wipes her hands clean at her gown. Then she extends her hand and says "My name is Annie and we seldom have holy people down here. May I ask you to say Mass for us tonight?"
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean Allen
United States
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Charlie no longer knows if the owl he follows is real or just a drug induced spirit vision. For weeks he wakes to see it staring at him only to fly off west. Always to the west.

He knows many things have happened along this mushroom fueled journey... but, all he can remember is waking to follow the owl each day.

Sitting atop his horse, Avasa, Charlie stares at the town before him. There, atop a two storied building, sits his spirit owl staring back at him.

Reluctantly, he nudges Avasa forward into the world of the white man.

Frontier folk know a wild Indian when they see one and quickly move out of his way as he trots his way down the earthen street. Stopping at the building where he spied the owl, Charlie looks up only to see its no longer there. Or was it ever there...

Dismounting and tying his horse up, Charlie strides into the building uncertain as to why the owl lead him here...

Charlie Wind 14/ wounds 0/
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Armstrong
Canada
Edmonton
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
"Now ma'am, I would be honoured to host a mass this evenin'. I will need a few supplies, such as some wine, bread, and of course somewhere to rest the Word."

Annie happily skips off, and I start thinking about my sermon tonight. These people rarely get to hear the Good Word, so I best make a powerful impression!

I get up and grab my kit, and follow Jim, hoping to get a room for the night and a good spot for Samson. I also want to grab my good Bible and some spare 'ministry' copies. I hope that there are some Baptists around for this evening.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonna
Finland
Helsinki
Uusimaa
flag msg tools
admin
designer
"Live your truth. Express your love. Share your enthusiasm. Take action towards your dreams. Walk your talk. Dance and sing to your music. Embrace your blessings. Make today worth remembering." ― Steve Maraboli
badge
नमस्ते (Namaste) – I honor the place in you in which the entire universe dwells. I honor the place in you which is of love, of truth, of light and of peace. When you are in that place in you and I am in that place in me, we are one.
mbmbmbmbmb
"Pleasure to meet you Jim Raynor." I say, laughing. "And I do have a horse with me. Could you see to it that Drifter gets in the stable? He's the blue roan. I must warn you though, he's got a bit of a bad temper sometimes, so try to keep away from his teeth." I say and wink.

As I watch him leave, I cannot help but to hear Annie's and Reverend's discussion. I also see how a light lits in both their eyes when they talk about the mass. Interesting indeed I think and sit down to the nearest table and ask for a ginger lemonade when Annie comes over to ask what I'd like to have. For some reason I suddenly had an urge to have switchel, but it would be weird to ask for it since hay harvest time's long gone by now, so I'll settle for ginger lemonade.

Cat Wright Wind 18 / No Wounds / Fate Chips white 3 red 0 blue 0
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sören Kohlmeyer
Germany
Halle (Westfalen)
NRW
flag msg tools
designer
2007 - 2013
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
As Charlie arrives at the hotel, he gets the same outside view as the others before. He also notices the two-holer and the masoned well at the back of the building, something the tribes never needed.

He nearly runs into Jim, as he comes out of the front door. The white man is startled a short moment, he hasn't noticed you before, but catches himself shortly after. "Greetings my friend, do you want to stay in my shelter during the storm?" he asks and, to your surprise, also uses the right gestures from the indian sign language. "I have to get those two in before the storm. Follow me with your horse if you'd like to stay." he adds, pointing at the two horses in front of the hotel. He unbinds both and starts to move to the barn with them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yohann
France
flag msg tools
designer
Pandacon is Panda-On!
badge
Play, play, play and have a hell of a good time.
mbmb
Then the doors of the hotel swing in violently, letting in a gust of strong chilling wind and with it, a pitch-black haired young man.

Two colts at his hips, a Winchester on his back, a dusty dust jacket and a stetson showing the marks of a very long voyage, the man walks straight to the counter and says:

"'Evenin'. My horse could use your barn, and I a warm place to sleep, a hot meal and a glass of milk."

As some patrons snarl at this last word, he gives them a dangerous stare that silences them straight on.

"I can pay."

Crakin' Saul Wind 16 / Wounds 0/ Fate Chips white 0 red 3 blue 0
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean Allen
United States
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Charlie nods to Jim and follows him to the barn. He looks around, wondering if he'll catch a glimpse of the owl again, but sees nothing but dark clouds.

Charlie
Wind 14/ Wounds 0/ Fate Chips white 2 red 1 blue 0
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lars Gawronsky
Germany
Ochsenfurt
Deutschland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
As Charlie looks around he suddenly spots a rider heading for the barn, too.
He tips his hat as he reaches Jim and Charlie and follows them into the barn.
"Evenin'. My name's Art Jeffries. I'm looking for a room to hide from the storm."
He took his hat off using it to pat off the dust. Then he unsaddles his horse grooming it. He seems to be a serious man in his late twenties with brown hair and dark eyes wearing a short jacket and chaps. The most noticeable thing is the weapon he's wearing at his thigh. It's not a pistol but a shortened Winchester rifle with a D-shaped lever.

Art Jeffries Wind 16 / Wounds none / Fate Chips white 1 red 1 blue 1
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sören Kohlmeyer
Germany
Halle (Westfalen)
NRW
flag msg tools
designer
2007 - 2013
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Before Annie skips off, she nodds at the Reverend. "Sure, I will prepare wine, bread and an improvised lectern for you Reverend. I assume you will stay with us tonight then and also prepare a room. And remain seated, Jim will handle your horse well." She adds smiling.

As the young man enters the saloon, Annie looks a bit startled for a moment. "Good evening Mister. My husband will handle your horse and I will get you your meal. Take a seat and make yourself at home." she says to Saul. Then she yells out of the door: "Jim! Please take the horse of the gentleman who just arrived to the stable also!" Some moments later, he gets his milk served at the bar. Looking around, he gets the same view as the others before. Left of the entrance is a long bar and a oven with a coffeepot, followed by the curtain to the kitchen. At the opposite wall, there is the backdoor and a staircase which seems to lead to the hotel rooms. The rest of the room is filled with seven round tables, with four chairs each.

Along with the Reverend, Cat and Annie, there are only three more people in the saloon right now. They're eating at the table right next to the staircase and seem to be laborers of some sort.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yohann
France
flag msg tools
designer
Pandacon is Panda-On!
badge
mbmb
"Thanks Ma'am." Saul says, paying his bill, and the goes on to take his glass of milk and sits alone at a table, making sure his back doesn't give to a door or a window, one is never too cautious.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sören Kohlmeyer
Germany
Halle (Westfalen)
NRW
flag msg tools
designer
2007 - 2013
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
"Good Evenin' Mister Jeffries! Welcome to the Raynor Hotel. If you follow me, I'll show you the stable. And my name's Jim, Jim Raynor." he adds, guiding two horses in the direction of the barn.

Behind the great double door, there are several horses boxes, the first two of them filled with mules. In the middle of the large room stands a big hay cart, right behind it, there is an improvised tack room with scantlings for the saddles. Below the staircase to the attic are some cages with chickens and the last box on the right is filled with two horses and a cow.

While Charlie and Art prepare their own horses, Jim takes care of the three others. As soon as he is finished, he says "Ev'ryone done? We've got to hurry a bit, since the storm will arrive here soon. An' you don't wanna be out there when it starts."

Doom white 1 red 2 blue 0
Wayfarer white 2 red 0 blue 1
Next draw from the fate pot is: 1customw{40:iid:1605619;17:iid:1605620;8:iid:1605621}
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Armstrong
Canada
Edmonton
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Seeing the other men eating at another table, I decide to be a good Christian and enjoy some fellowship with them. Maybe they know a thing or two about this town.

"Now I don't suppose you fellas would mind a man of God dining with y'all tonight? I've been on the trails from some days now with just my horse Samson to talk to. And as I'm sure you know, horses make for lousy conversation."

I wave Annie over to the table, "Annie, thank you so very much for your hospitality thus far. Could I bother you for another glass of water and a hot meal? I'd also like to pay for these fellas' dinner as well. And for being such a blessed host, have a meal on me for yourself."

"But let me make one thing clear. Besides blessed wine, I won't be payin' for any of that firewater for myself or others. Those just be my convictions."

Reverend Reynolds Wind 22 / No Wounds / Fate Chips white 2 red 1 blue 0

Soren, let me know how much my tab comes to and I'll take it from my cash.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonna
Finland
Helsinki
Uusimaa
flag msg tools
admin
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I was just about to choose a table when the young man came in. He looks tough, but still ordered a glass of milk instead of something stronger. That's interesting enough so I approach him, smiling, taking care that he sees I'm not holding anything but my saddle bags and cards and say "Mind if I join you? I could use some company right about now."

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yohann
France
flag msg tools
designer
Pandacon is Panda-On!
badge
mbmb
Saul stands up and takes his hat off his head.

"Sure, Ma'am."

Then he sits back and casts a glance at the kitchen, eagerly waiting for his food.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonna
Finland
Helsinki
Uusimaa
flag msg tools
admin
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I sit down and extend my hand saying "I'm Cat, Cat Wright. Nice to meet you." I drop my saddle bags near me. "So what brings you here, if you don't mind me asking?" I notice I'm rather hugry as well "I think I need to have a something to eat too, as soon as Annie is back from the kitchen and ready to take another order." I wink.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yohann
France
flag msg tools
designer
Pandacon is Panda-On!
badge
mbmb
He hesitantly shakes her hand and then replies: "I'm Saul, Ma'am. And about what brought me here, I'd say that only my horse knows.
I usually go where the wind blows.

You?"

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonna
Finland
Helsinki
Uusimaa
flag msg tools
admin
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I laugh, a relaxed laughter that is very natural to me "Well, Saul, I could say the exact same thing. I'm sort of rootless at the moment, going where I feel. But I guess it was the coming storm brought me to this hotel. Or Drifter, my horse. He gets a saying on where we go, too." I glance toward the kitchen, hoping for Annie to return as my stomach loudly reminds me yet again about how long it has been since my last meal.

I turn back to Saul "Have you been here before? Is the food good here? Not that I care how it tastes, I'm that hungry right now" I say and laugh again. The laugher sounds like hundreds of small bells and easily gets other people more relaxed around me.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yohann
France
flag msg tools
designer
Pandacon is Panda-On!
badge
mbmb
"No never. It's the first time I travel in this area."

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonna
Finland
Helsinki
Uusimaa
flag msg tools
admin
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I smile "For me too. I hope the storm will pass soon. I never like to be stuck indoors and in one place for too long."

"So I heard there's going to be a mass tonight. Gonna attend?" I ask.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yohann
France
flag msg tools
designer
Pandacon is Panda-On!
badge
mbmb
"Those godly things ain't much my stuff, but I'll be there, just to kill time."

Crakin' Saul Wind 16 / Wounds 0/ Fate Chips white 0 red 3 blue 0[/q]
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonna
Finland
Helsinki
Uusimaa
flag msg tools
admin
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I laugh again "Not exactly my cup of tea either, but was going to attend anyway, for the same reason." I wink at Saul "See, we get along just fine."

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yohann
France
flag msg tools
designer
Pandacon is Panda-On!
badge
mbmb
Saul grunts an absent approval and focuses back on his glass of milk.

Crakin' Saul Wind 16 / Wounds 0/ Fate Chips white 0 red 3 blue 0[/q]
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [14] |