Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Karpouzian
United States
Waverly
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Under your doors is slipped a finely gilded invitation to a party being held at the Lantern Lodge, the beautiful and exotic estate of the Tian venture-captain, Amara Li, in Absalom’s Petal District.

Tonight, the invitation informs them, is the Snapdragon Festival, a
traditional Gokan holiday featuring fireworks and rich plum wine.

On the invitation, apparently handwritten, is a note stating that you must dress to impress, and to seek out the hostess and head of the Lantern Lodge, Amara Li, upon their arrival.

Only the luckiest or most influential Pathfinders receive invitations to Amara Li’s annual Snapdragon Festival celebration, and wise recipients take
advantage of them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Austin Fleming
United States
West Covina
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Cade is at first delighted to receive the invitation, but that turns quickly to worry as he sees the words 'dress to impress'.

Not having the slightest idea about fashions, he seeks out a reputable clothier.

"Good Morn! I am hoping you can help me, my good man; I have been invited to an important funtion, and I haven't anything to wear!"

Moving closer, he whispers conspiratorially, "I have the honor of going to the Snapdragon Festival as an important guest of Amara Li herself! If you could deck me out in the latest Tian fashion I would be most appreciative!"

When he is finished being fitted, he scampers over to a Jewelers and finds a sapphire ring and tries to locate an armband with his homeland's designs on it or at least of Halfling make.

Spend 30gp on Courtier's clothing, and 50gp on ring/armband.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Karpouzian
United States
Waverly
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Cade never knew that being a Pathfinder would mean a fashion budget, but when in Rome Absalom...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ogrim reads the letter. He thinks for a moment about accepting or not. He really can't stand parties and their veiledness. But then again, this is a Pathfinder Society party, and Ogrim has heard about the doors that open at PFS parties. He decides that he will go. And then the matter of dress comes up... Ogrim knows the he often is not the most fashionable person, but what of it? He'll wear his ordinary clothes, and maybe add a Gokan Trinket or two.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Karpouzian
United States
Waverly
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Does anyone else choose to (or not to) purchase new clothing for the event of the year?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vladimir Lehotai
Slovakia
Piešťany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thulvar spends 25 gp for some good new clothes, which will hopefully be good enough for the celebration.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Karpouzian
United States
Waverly
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Vladimir17 wrote:
Thulvar spends 25 gp for some good new clothes, which will hopefully be good enough for the celebration.

The seamstress suggests you try a courtier's outfit for 30, but then she pouts a 'bit, thinking it would look odd without jewelry. She does have a nice (insert name of clothing here) for 25 gold.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vladimir Lehotai
Slovakia
Piešťany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
"I'll take the courtier's outfit, then. And some simple, yet ellegant jewellery, nothing extravagant."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Karpouzian
United States
Waverly
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ok, we'll move on. People can catch up if they want, and they can tell me what they purchase.

Only the luckiest or most influential Pathfinders
receive invitations to Amara Li’s annual Snapdragon
Festival celebration, and wise recipients take
advantage of them. The aroma of blooming
orchids and flowing wine mixes with the acrid
tang of recently exploded fireworks, and the
sound of strangely discordant music comes from
a duo of Tian women playing an unusual stringed
instrument and a reed flute. The crowd mingles
calmly, most guests clearly hoping to be seen
more than actually paying attention to
those with whom they converse, though
the plum wine seems to have affected
many who now move about the lodge’s
grounds waving sparkling wands of fire and
shooting whirring, whizzing fireworks into
the sky above the koi pond.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Karpouzian
United States
Waverly
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Servants come up, offering drinks and fireworks (such an awful combination), and people become more careless with said fireworks as the evening progresses. All of the venture-captains are there, wooing new recruits into their faction's ranks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Austin Fleming
United States
West Covina
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Cade manages to get the attention of a servant as he passes by, grabbing a drink and a couple of fireworks. He takes a sip and tucks away the fireworks for later (you never know when it could be useful...).

Scampering through the crowd and trying not to get stepped on (not a lot of halflings at this gathering, as guests at least), he tries to find Amara Li.

Finally seeing her holding court at the end of the room, he scuttles over and bows nervously.

"Greetings, esteemed Venture-Captain. Thank you for inviting me to this splendid gathering, although I am not sure what I could have done to deserve such an honor."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Karpouzian
United States
Waverly
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
She nods at Cade, politely, and invites him and his team into Amara Li's private study later in the evening.

After a time, you find her seated on a reed mat before a low table set with an exquisite porcelain tea set. She motions for the Pathfinders to sit with her around the table, and once the door is closed behind them and you have taken your seats (or not), begins talking in a low, hushed voice without even the hint of a Tian accent:

Well met, Pathfinders, and welcome to the Lantern Lodge. I hope you find the Snapdragon Festival and my hospitality worthy of your time and energy. I have not brought you here for mere pleasantries, however, and wish to ask you to partake a dangerous mission on my behalf.

Long ago, one of my most esteemed ancestors, who was rich in power but poor in sense, gave a gift to a foreign prince, a gift that prince did not deserve and my foolish ancestor had no right to give—a ceremonial jade katana. At the time the gift was sent, its recipient was invading this island. He laid siege to Absalom from his fortress in the foothills of the Kortos Mounts. Like those who came before him, the warlord failed to take Absalom and perished in the attempt. On the very day of his defeat, his castle crumbled to dust in a violent earthquake and has been lost to the centuries ever since. My family’s heirloom was lost with it.

A recent report by a group of Pathfinders gives me hope that they have finally found the ruin, and I might finally recover my family’s treasure. I’m looking for an intrepid group to retrieve it for me, and I’m hoping that is you. The fame and wealth you will doubtlessly recover will
bring you much honor within the Society, and if you deliver the katana to me, you will have my favor as you begin your careers as full agents of the Pathfinder Society.

We will wait for the others, but in the mean time, are there any questions for the Venture Captain?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ogrim enters the party to cold stares. He doesn't care. As he approaches the court of the venture-captains, several people pause and attempt to make conversation with him. But Ogrim detects that these conversations will contain nothing of substance and ignores them. As he sees Amara-Li, he bows.

I am Ogrim of Toran-naga. You have requested my presence here. I assume that unlike the others at the party, you will treat my time with value.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Karpouzian
United States
Waverly
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Amara smiles sweetly. "Come Ogrim, you must learn to 'play the game' if you are to be a Pathfinder, and yes, I will treat your time with value."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
After hearing their mission, Ogrim is most content.

Very well. I, Ogrim of Toran-naga, am proud to have the honor of delving through the ruins. But say, have your pathfinders given you a map of the whereabouts? Anything of use that we should know? If not, let us not dally longer.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vladimir Lehotai
Slovakia
Piešťany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
"Honoured Amara Li, I'll do my best to recover the katana for you."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Austin Fleming
United States
West Covina
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Cade rubs his hands together and grins, "A treasure hunt! Excellent. How far is this ruin, and may I assume arrangements have been made for some sort of transport to this location?

Were the Pathfinders who located this ruin very circumspect? Meaning how many others know about this, and can we expect any competition on this hunt? Do we have much time to prepare, or do we need to leave immediately?"
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Owens
United States
Charleston
West Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm back! I'll purchase the next step up from the basic garments.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Karpouzian
United States
Waverly
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
OOC: Once I hear a peep out of the other two, we can move on.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jorn Ockerman
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Merisiel was standing outside Amara Li's grounds when she saw Ogrim enter. Wanting to greet her companion she followed him inside and found she was completely out-dressed for the occasion, and going from the looks she attracted she wasn't the only one who noticed...
Nonetheless she tailed Ogrim and found herself in the private study where Amara Li was entertaining her guests of whom she knew almost everyone.
She figured she could bluff her way in since she must have clearly missed her invitation.

She spots Amara Li, recalled her importance, and bows politely. After excusing herself she silently takes a seat.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Karpouzian
United States
Waverly
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Amara Li smiles, she was once a new pathfinder herself. Transportation and maps will be provided. I have told some of the find, but for the most part, as typical for Pathfinders, it should be relatively isolated for now... There have been others who have been made aware, initial excavations and such.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Owens
United States
Charleston
West Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Silveranu quietly sits down beside of Merisiel, trying to keep the embarrassment of being late to a minimum.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Karpouzian
United States
Waverly
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Amara Li invites you to enjoy the party, and as you are enjoying her hospitality, Major Colson Maldris approaches you decked out in the military fineries of an Eagle Knight’s ceremonial uniform—a bright blue overcoat with polished gold buttons, gold eagle epaulets, and a fine, black felt tricorn hat. He speaks loudly and confidently, as if he wants the entire party to “overhear” his conversation with you.

“Greetings, Pathfinders! I hear you’re headed out into the Cairnlands on official Society business. Best of luck outside the city walls, though you look like sturdy enough adventurers. Perhaps not Eagle Knight material, but qualified for the work of a Pathfinder.

“A word of warning, though, friends—beware the walking dead. The crumbling ruins surrounding the city are rife with them, and you’re likely to run into more than your fair share over the course of your career. Undeath and the undead are more than just a physical peril, however. Undeath is the worst kind of slavery. And it should be eradicated like all servitude, whether to aristocracy or to mental control. Being enslaved to the flesh beyond when Pharasma calls one’s soul to the Boneyard is a fate I wouldn’t wish upon my greatest enemy.

So while you plumb the depths of Asad’s Keep, remember your solemn duty to your fellow man—both living and dead. Any undead you encounter along the way should be freed of their earthly shell.

“If you prove your dedication to freedom, the resources of Andoran will be at your disposal in your future endeavors.”
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Austin Fleming
United States
West Covina
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Cade pipes up, "Thank you for the warning, I will be sure to prepare for them!

I've heard a few things about Andoran that interest me. I'd like to hear more! But, forgive my manners, I don't mean to pester you at this lovely party. I will let you get back to enjoying yourself. Is there a way that I can reach you once we have finished this little job?"
he finishes, smiling jovially.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [17] |