John Morgan
Australia
North Parramatta
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This is the In Character [IC] thread for one of our offical RPG Geek Pathfinder Society Games. Click here to learn how you can join the guild and take part in our regular offering of sanctioned Pathfinder Society games!

Our cast of characters:

Character Player Class/Level PFS #

Milo Montajay residue Bard 1 78307-2
Ozgg znirp81 Barbarian 1 78727-1
Hiram Thistlefoot Rodafowa Rogue 1 78729-1
Endo Fineleaf Vladimir17 Cavalier 73392-2
Tinma the Tinkerer Dutys_Fist Gunslinger 1 64583-4
Hahaer not2fear Oracle 1/Wizard 1 52678-4

Quick link to Character Depository.
Quick link to the OOC thread.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Morgan
Australia
North Parramatta
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You are in the city of Padiskar near the northern tip of the Isle of Jalmeray. It is not so much a city as a ring of small villages surrounding a massive, howling ruin, from which terrifying screams of whatever the Vudrani Maharaja Khiben-Sald left there in ancient times can still be heard. The new Venture-Captain Vasuman Mihir maintains a small safe house for
the Pathfinder Society here, taking over from Padiskar’s longtime Venture-Captain Aamina Shahrazad, who was recently murdered by men loyal to Zamir, a bandit lord and rumored Aspis Consortium agent who operates out of the nearby jungles.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Morgan
Australia
North Parramatta
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Venture-Captain Mihir walks into the door, but before he is through he stops in his tracks, a look of annoyance crossing his face as he is confronted by only one large Half-Orc and an Aasimar. "Where are the rest of the group? We don't have time to wait around for stragglers here!" Letting his gaze drop two or three feet lower he finally notices the four halflings also sitting in the room.

He seems briefly taken aback and quickly checks the markings on the door to check he is in the right place, and then seeing that he is, mumbles under his breath, "Damned recruitment officers...going to be the death of me...or them!"

Composing himself, he then enters the room and addresses the group:

“This is a fake scepter of the arclords,” he says, hefting a bejeweled staff in his hands bearing glowing runes across its surface. “You will lead a caravan toward Niswan carrying this false relic and several crates of minor magical items. My porter, a young boy named Waman, will give you a detailed travel itinerary, which you must follow with care. Except that it is almost certain that you will be ambushed before you reach your destination, since young Waman is a spy for the Aspis Consortium and has sold out and murdered a dozen or more of our brethren and associates, including our former venturecaptain— I’m sure of it. The scepter is bait in a trap, and you are the teeth. Do not let on to Waman that you know of his transgressions—we need him to lead us to his master, the bandit lord Zamir. We’ll either make Zamir our man or disrupt his business permanently. I’ll deal with Waman myself once this affair is resolved.”

Venture-Captain Mihir holds up a second item, a plain-looking but easily recognizable wayfinder. “This wayfinder is also a fake, although unlike the scepter, it does have real power. The dial always points to the scepter.” Mihir demonstrates, moving the wayfinder in a circle around the scepter, the needle pointing unerringly at it.

“Waman gave Zamir information that enabled the bandit fool to steal artifacts from dozens of our caravans and even from safe houses such as this one. Zamir has a method of disassembling the artifacts so that he can smuggle them off the island with ease, bound for ports of call in Cheliax. What we do not know is where Zamir is, since he never attacks with his men.”

“I gave Waman the information about your journey, so at some point along the route, Zamir’s bandits will ambush you. Previous experience indicates that his bandits will not kill if they don’t have to. Let them steal the scepter. You must put up a small struggle, maybe even kill or injure several of his men, but most importantly you must let them escape and they must escape with the scepter."

“Give them a few hours after the ambush to escape and then use the wayfinder to track Zamir to his hideout. Zamir is an arrogant man whose loyalties lie with whoever can make him famous to the people of Jalmeray. Right now he believes the Aspis Consortium is the answer. You will either convince him that the Society is the answer—as he could be a very powerful ally in the region—or you’ll end his operations for good. How you handle it, I leave to you. Good luck on your journey and may the gods guide your hand.”
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Morgan
Australia
North Parramatta
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Feel free to RP amongst yourselves at this stage, or ask the Venture-Captain any questions. Also, let me know if there is anything you would like to do in the city before you head off.

Oh, and a couple of final bits of housekeeping...

-feel free to use colour to highlight your character's text, but simply bolding is fine if you prefer.

-please try and thumb each post when you have read it. This helps keep track of where people are at, and when we are ready to move on.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Al P
Norway
Orkanger
Sør Trondelag
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ozgg chuckles deeply at the Venture-Captains reaction to the halflings.

"Hrumf! Leave the little porter with me, I'll get some answers" He says leaning up against the wall his arms folded and his eyes scanning the room for expensive trinkets.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matias Dahlbäck
Finland
Raseborg
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
badge
I release my anger through writing.
mbmbmbmbmb
Milo was happily enjoying smoking his pipe, despite the lack of accessibility provided in the safe house. Case in point being chairs vs halfling.

"This Zamir had better be worth it. I do not like having my reputation sullied from leaving my enemies alive." says the Bard, brimming with confidence, in between heavy puffs of smoke.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
A very short halfling with a very high voice speaks: "So, after the ambush, what happens to Zaman?"
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vladimir Lehotai
Slovakia
Piešťany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
A halfling standing near his wolf corrects him:
"You mean Waman?"
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Vladimir17 wrote:
A halfling standing near his wolf corrects him:
"You mean Waman?"

"I think so..."

After several moments of contemplation, Timna looks up."I'm bored. Can we go out now? I wanna travel! Canwegocanwegocanwego?" she squeaks gleefully, while jumping up and down.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Terence
Singapore
Singapore
flag msg tools
designer
RPG Geek Rocks!
badge
Mystic
mbmbmbmbmb
Hahaer laughs softly, "So we are peddling fake goods in order to find a real thief?" He chuckles.

Bowing respectfully to the venture captain, he continues...
"Life as a Pathfinder is never dull. What can you tell us about this Zamir? What are the forces at his disposal?"
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matias Dahlbäck
Finland
Raseborg
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Milo is unable to keep down a wince at Timna's display of glee and impatience. "She... has a point, I'm sure. If you've already been infiltrated, what assurances do we have that this mission has not been compromised?" he says with a tiny (because he's a halfling!) nod towards Ozzg.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Morgan
Australia
North Parramatta
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
In response to Ozgg and Tinma's questions about the porter Waman, the Venture-Captain replies: "Don't you worry about Waman. Leave him to me. I haven't decided what I will do with him yet, but most likely I will sell him into slavery!"

Turning to Hahaer, he returns the respectful bow and says, "As for Zamir, he’s a rebel and a bandit and the people of Padiskar know him from his youth as a fool who desires fame above all else. This is why I think his loyalty to the Aspis Consortium is thin at best and there’s a chance he can be brought to our side rather than simply slain.”
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The gleeful halfling shrilly buts in: "So, after the ambush, what do we do to Zaman? Can we shoot him? What if he gets away?"
Zaman=Waman
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Morgan
Australia
North Parramatta
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Venture-Captain Mihir replies, "As I say, don't concern yourself with WAMAN", as he emphasises the name, he stares direcly at Tinma, "he won't be joining you on the mission and we are certain he has not compromised our plans. He is in our custody, awaiting my decision as to his fate."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Terence
Singapore
Singapore
flag msg tools
designer
RPG Geek Rocks!
badge
Mystic
mbmbmbmbmb
greenclaw wrote:
In response to Ozgg and Tinma's questions about the porter Waman, the Venture-Captain replies: "Don't you worry about Waman. Leave him to me. I haven't decided what I will do with him yet, but most likely I will sell him into slavery!"

Turning to Hahaer, he returns the respectful bow and says, "As for Zamir, he’s a rebel and a bandit and the people of Padiskar know him from his youth as a fool who desires fame above all else. This is why I think his loyalty to the Aspis Consortium is thin at best and there’s a chance he can be brought to our side rather than simply slain.”

Slavery? seriously? I thought PFS has a 'no-evil' policy. I guess things were really different back in Season 0 eh?

Hahaer laughs again, "A live man of doubtful loyalties will undoubtedly be a greater asset than a dead one eh?"

"But again i ask, how many men does this Zamir have at his command? Any wizards or clerics? Exactly how many powerful magical artifacts does he have? We will need details if we are to have a chance against such powerful notables.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Morgan
Australia
North Parramatta
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
"As to the rest of your question, Hahaer, we don’t know exactly how many men he has at his disposal. The villagers are sure that he’s absorbed several smaller jungle-bandit groups and we’ve heard rumors that the long-deposed and villainous monks of the Tiger’s Eye are working for him. Beyond that we can't be certain.”
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vladimir Lehotai
Slovakia
Piešťany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
"And when will the caravan set off?"
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Al P
Norway
Orkanger
Sør Trondelag
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ozgg frowns clearly confused about a plan more complicated than kill or take.

"Aaargh stupid little halflings, stupid plans. Keep simple, what I kill?"
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Morgan
Australia
North Parramatta
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The Venture-Captain looks around the room, waiting for more questions. He raises an eyebrow at Ozgg's comment and then turns to answer Endo. "The caravan will be leaving this time tomorrow. If you have anything you need to attend to in the meantime feel free, otherwise if there are no further questions...?"
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Terence
Singapore
Singapore
flag msg tools
designer
RPG Geek Rocks!
badge
Mystic
mbmbmbmbmb

Hahaer bows politely to the venture captain. "Perhaps it is time for us to begin making our own preparations. Much obliged for your time O'wise captain."

Another polite bow.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Al P
Norway
Orkanger
Sør Trondelag
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
"Me not sleep in hole like filthy halfling, where drink, food, bed?" Ozgg asks waving a away a fly buzzing around his head.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Terence
Singapore
Singapore
flag msg tools
designer
RPG Geek Rocks!
badge
Mystic
mbmbmbmbmb
John, How much time do we have before we set off?

Hahaer uses Diplomacy (Gather information). He casts Tap Inner Beauty and Enhance Diplomacy, then takes 10:
Diplomacy (Gather Information) 10+14 = 10 + 14 = 24
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 303755. not2fear
  • 10+14 =
  • 10 + 14 =
  • Diplomacy (Gather Information)
  • Sun Mar 3, 2013 3:32 pm
Matias Dahlbäck
Finland
Raseborg
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Milo jumps off his chair and steps up to the Venture-Captain, extending his left hand and opening and closing it repeatedly. "Wayfinder please."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vladimir Lehotai
Slovakia
Piešťany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
"Fine, I could use a rest before tomorrow."

He motions to his wolf:

"Come, Mr. Snuggles, it's cuddle time."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Roe
United Kingdom
Watford
Herts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hiram leans against the wall, letting the chatter flow around him, quietly gauging his new companions from under the brim of his hat. A faint frown at the captain's comment regarding selling the turncoat into slavery is mostly hidden by a spectacular waxed handlebar moustache.

"No, no further questions, thankyou Captain. Everything seems tickety-boo, what?"

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [22] |