Popular Tags: [View All]
Karl Larsson
Norway
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mb
IC || OOC || wiki

You have spent months on board the troop ship, most of that time in the Warp. A couple of days ago you finally left the sickening Warp, and with it went the nightmares and ragged nerves. Life on the ship is starting to be pleasant. You have daily drills, and even some leisure time.

You know little about your destination. It is supposed to be a frontier world in the Calixis sector, a jungle world (not good), with an ork infestation (very good). You are going to be deployed with a line regiment, giving them recon and ambush support as you together cleanse the planet. For the last couple of weeks, the men in supplies have worked diligently to make modifications to your uniforms, so you don't cook to death in the heat.

Together with the other members of your platoon you share a large berthing. Since your squad is the last in the company, squad 12, your triple bunks are the furthest in. That means you and the other members of your squad usually have the table there to yourself. A table, the only other furniture except bunks and lockers. Often you are joined by Commisar Alexandr, he seems to have taken a liking to your squad.

Today, sergeant Grachev has brought some news. You have heard rumours about it for some time now, but he can finally confirm it. The colonel is very excited, because high command, in their wisdom, has decided to deploy the line regiment somewhere else. That means you will deploy to the planet, it is called Skrynne, by yourself. Most of the officers thinks this is splendid news. More glory for Valhalla, more glory for the 547th. Grachev can also tell you that you are to deploy tomorrow morning, that means the hour now, before lights out, might be the only free time you might have for a while.

A slow start, so you can introduce your characters.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benjamin Symons
Belgium
Glabbeek
Vlaams-Brabant
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Gathered around the table with his squadmates, gobbling up a tasteless but nutritious porridge, Nikolaï's thoughts soon turn to the fighting ahead of them.

"I heard we'll make planetfall in a couple of hours, on our own... Well, leaves more Greenskins to us then. Whadda ya recon, sarge? I can't wait to toast a few dozen of those bastards."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jan
Belgium
De Haan
flag msg tools
designer
I love cargo biking!
badge
...and videogaming, boardgaming, RPG'ing and helping users as an admin!
mbmbmbmbmb
Andrei had had a good time on the ship, well at least he isn't shot at here and the chance that he meets any off his old companions isn't that big. Bussinnes has been good on the ship, especially through the last weeks of warp. People can use something good then. As he hears the news he has mixed feelings. Being of the ship will be good however that means the guns are coming again.

Well luckily we will go down in the mornings and we can only hope that our enemies are still sleeping.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
D Clevenger
United States
Sunnyvale
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Raghadast finishes his porridge and looks up to see Private Dmitriy "Sticky" Morozov passing around cigarettes to the squad. Raghadast notices they are a brand used by the crew of the troop ship and looks at Sticky with a shake of his head. Sticky gives Raghadast the "don't ask, you don't want to know" look and Raghadast just lights up and enjoys.

"We'll deploy wrong. I guarantee it." Raghadast begins to explain in a demeaning tone. "We will come out in that standard star pattern when a more aggressive deployment would be more suitable."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aleksander R. Nordgarden Rødner
Norway
Oslo
Oslo
flag msg tools
designer
Proud father of Sarah Arwen and Ruth Rose
badge
Would really like to study U.S. History at some point, just to be able to say that I'm a Coolidge student...
mbmbmbmbmb
Commisar Zaitzev prides himself on his rapport with the men he serves, and has spent most of the time in the Warp with them, going through the same excercises as they did, making sure he's seen as unafraid of grunt work. He hopes that one day the men will see him as someone they can confide in. For now, he is content that they seem to accept him as part of the regiment.

"Come, now, Radaghast. Have some faith. Or, if you can't stand that, have a drink." With this, he offers Radaghast a sip of the bottle of Amasec that he brought to share with the troops.

"At any rate, we'll be sure to get kick some greenskin behind, I can't say I'm not looking forward to that..."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
D Clevenger
United States
Sunnyvale
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
"I have faith in the Emperor," Raghadast raises the glass to his mouth but stops. "And you Comrade Commissar."" Raghadast adds saluting the Commissar with his glass and then drinking. "It's these flunking leaders we have that make my fingers itch.""
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Norway
Oslo
Oslo
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Would really like to study U.S. History at some point, just to be able to say that I'm a Coolidge student...
mbmbmbmbmb
Snapping off a textbook salute of his own, Zaitzev says to Radaghast "One thing I learned at the Schola, was that officers are usually only after two things: Safety and Promotions. The good ones listen to their sergeants and commisars, and follow their lead, and as you know as well as I; ours is an excellent sergeant. Fear not; your faith in the God-Emperor and your rifle will see you through to fight another day."

Clapping him on the shoulder, Zaitzev surveys all of his men, trying to work out a speech to raise their spirits and set their blood aflame.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benjamin Symons
Belgium
Glabbeek
Vlaams-Brabant
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
"Heh, what does it matter in which pattern we make planetfall. We'll end up in the toughest position anyway, like always. Just our 'luck'..."
Nikolaï grumbles.

"Igor remembers the last time we were dropped without any support all too well, don't ya, Igor?"

Igor, a long, stern man with piercing grey eyes and a grizzly scar going from the left side of his mouth all the way up to his ear and down to his neck, nods and produces a clacking sound, which the other squad members recognize as (sad) laughter. They all remember how Igor's tongue got slashed out by an Ork Choppa during their last campaign against the greenskins. In fact, the man is quite lucky to still be alive, all thanks to Nikolaï's attack against that same Ork.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wouter Dhondt
Belgium
Anzegem
flag msg tools
My armor is contempt. My shield is disgust. My sword is hatred. In the Emperor's name, let none survive.
badge
Song of my soul, my voice is dead; Die thou, unsung, as tears unshed. Shall dry and die in Lost Carcosa.
mbmbmbmbmb
Boris slaps Igor on the back. Well, time for revenge then, ain't that right? We'll manage whatever pattern we use. We always pull through. I think we need to worry more about the heat than attack patterns.

Boris knows he was right. His men had been training on the ship all the time. He's seen the results and knows that they're sharp and ready for battle. They have done a lot of missions of this kind. Everything should work out fine with a minimum of casualties.

Pyotr is glad that Boris is so confident. He isn't used to combat at all and it will be his first real mission. Time to prove himself to the regiment.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Karl Larsson
Norway
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mb
Those of you that are worried, find sleeping hard. Tossing and turning, you keep those that have more faith awake as well. The following morning you attend morning mass. The regimental episcop reminds you of your duty to the God-Emperor, and even the most cynical of you feel pride when the regiment sings the InterImperium, a hymn of solidarity with all the God-Emperor feeling people of the Imperium. You feel light headed and almost glad when you leave the chapel, the Emperor was truly there (or they put something in the incense). Shortly there after the alarm rings, and you all hurry to the hangar bay. It is time for deployment.

When you enter the bay, you see several of the shuttle ships being loaded, both with supply and men. Standing in the middle of the hangar, handing out laspistol clips, is old Lem. Lem is a veteran of some old war, and for some reason he has found himself working on this ship. He does the best he can with his two cluncky bionic arms. As you go over to him to get your clips, he greets you and say, “A werd of wisdom from an old soldier. Don't take the seats directly at the exit deers. I know ye want to kill some orks, but it is those behind that git to do the kelling, those that have to open the deers get kelled, or git their erms blewn off.”
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
D Clevenger
United States
Sunnyvale
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Raghadast heeds those words and continues farther to the back. Sticky stops to chat with Lem for just a bit, slaps hm on the shoulder at the end of some shared joke and somehow manages to swipe an extra clip.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Karl Larsson
Norway
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mb
Just to make the scene clear. You are in a gigantic hangar, many shuttles are being made ready for deployment.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jan
Belgium
De Haan
flag msg tools
designer
I love cargo biking!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Andrei didn't really notice much from the mass as he was heavily breathing in the insence, no bad stuff but he has had much better. Before moving towards the hangar bay he and Tatiana visited the sick bay, while Tatiana used some of her assest to distract the medic Andrei took the opportunity to aquire some of the stimulants and took them with him.

One last stop was made at the mess where he bought a bottle of liquor and paying for them with some sigarettes. After getting his clips he walked over to the ship that he was assigned to and gave the bottle to the pilot. Never bad to have a good stance with the pilot, they tend to be more reliable to pick you up when needed. Andrei and Tatiana installed themselves near the cockpit and awaited the drop.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wouter Dhondt
Belgium
Anzegem
flag msg tools
My armor is contempt. My shield is disgust. My sword is hatred. In the Emperor's name, let none survive.
badge
Song of my soul, my voice is dead; Die thou, unsung, as tears unshed. Shall dry and die in Lost Carcosa.
mbmbmbmbmb
I thank Lem for the advise. Wise words old man. But I'm sure there won't be a problem with our drop. Then, I take the seat closest to the doors and make sure the regiment sees it. Seeing my confidence, Pyotr decides to sit close to me, though he doesn't take the other seat closest to the door but leaves room for someone else.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Karl Larsson
Norway
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mb
You sit for several minutes waiting. Not much happens. Where are the others? Suddenly the pilot comes rushing into the cabin. “We are in the wrong *hic* craft. We need to go to *hic* the one on the other side. ” He doesn't wait for you, but instead stumbles off. Luckily he did the same mistake as you did, or you might have been left here.

You quickly find the right vessel, and get ready to embark. The pilot is also getting on board, he smiles to Andrei, “Thanks again *hic* brother. One in the tank, and one in the pilot, I always say *hic*.”

When you step inside the ship, you see three other squads already there, a full platoon. Sitting in the seat farthest in is Lieutenant Daniol, he motions for you to sit down. The only remaining seats, are the ones closest to the exit. You sit down.

With a lurch the craft takes off, and with a shudder it enters the atmosphere. You strap yourself in.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jan
Belgium
De Haan
flag msg tools
designer
I love cargo biking!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
O my god emperor I just hope we land alive...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wouter Dhondt
Belgium
Anzegem
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The pilot might need the alcohol intoxication to fly this thing. We'll be fine.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
D Clevenger
United States
Sunnyvale
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
See, flunked up already. We will be lucky not to land in the Eye of Chaos.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benjamin Symons
Belgium
Glabbeek
Vlaams-Brabant
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Barad_the_dwarf wrote:

"Yes, so we can be butchered by a band of Greenskins. I don't know how I'd rather die: by this pilot's "skill" or by a choppa to the head. It's like choosing between pest and cholera..."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Norway
Oslo
Oslo
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
SammySnijbonen wrote:
Barad_the_dwarf wrote:

"Yes, so we can be butchered by a band of Greenskins. I don't know how I'd rather die: by this pilot's "skill" or by a choppa to the head. It's like choosing between pest and cholera..."
Now, now. At least with the choppa, you have a chance to take out a few of the buggers first...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jan
Belgium
De Haan
flag msg tools
designer
I love cargo biking!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
...Or just hide good enough not to get noticed and just kill them from cover which I much prefer. Crashing down in this thing, well cover won't make a lot off difference.

I just hope the pilot didn't have the same idea as you Commissar. He might go for some orcs while crashing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Karl Larsson
Norway
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mb
The landing
For a few moments the shuttle is quiet, then it starts to shake violently. There are no windows, so you can't see where you are, but you imagine you are getting closer to the ground. For a moment you are weightless, it feels as if the floor dropped out from under you. Then you feel very, very heavy, and you hear popping, as if something is hitting the hull from the outside.

With a load crash you feel the shuttle hit the ground, then it feels like it is flying again, and rotating sideways. A second thud, and you feel thr shuttle is coming to a stop. Everyone is quiet, again. Except for the gunfire outside.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jan
Belgium
De Haan
flag msg tools
designer
I love cargo biking!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Well perfect landing as always...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Karl Larsson
Norway
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mb
I am working on a slightly longer post, so let's kill the time with some rolls.

Give me an awareness roll and a Scholastic lore (Tactica Imperialis). Scholastic lore is a speciality skill, so you either have it, or you don't.

A think on skill rolls. If you don't have a skill, or it is very low, you might try to roll another skill, though I would probably give a penalty to the roll. The worst thing that could happen, is that I ignore it. Scholastic lore (Tactica Imperialis) for for instance in same cases be replaced with Common Lore (War), command, and even Forbiddn Lore (Xenos).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jan
Belgium
De Haan
flag msg tools
designer
I love cargo biking!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Awareness (45): 1d100 = (72) = 72
I don't really have Scholastic Lore and I don't have anything that would match that anyway. Or well I could do an Common Lore (Imperium) (30): 1d100 = (92) = 92
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 291719. Barad_the_dwarf
  • 1d100 =
  • (72) =
  • Fri Feb 22, 2013 7:47 am
  • [+]
  • 291720. Barad_the_dwarf
  • 1d100 =