Eddie Drood
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
Seriously, call Kenny Loggins because you're in the Danger Zone!
badge
M, as in Mancy
mbmbmbmbmb
Link to OOC character gen thread is HERE.

This is a Pathfinder Society game, using the campaign:
Pathfinder Society Scenario #4-09, The Blakros Matrimony

The players:
T'Leynti / Leonie
Netherlands
Oud-Beijerland
flag msg tools
Live long and prosper
badge
You proceed from a false assumption. I am a Vulcan. I have no ego to bruise.
mbmbmbmbmb
Yohann
France
flag msg tools
designer
Pandacon is Panda-On!
badge
Play, play, play and have a hell of a good time.
mbmb
S H
United States
Hawaii
flag msg tools
mb

Jamie Tang
United States
Baltimore
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Mike Hadfield
Canada
St Andrews
New Brunswick
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

If you are just browsing this thread and have questions or want to get in on a sanctioned Society game, check out our guild here.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eddie Drood
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
M, as in Mancy
mbmbmbmbmb

Character Cur/Max HP Status Player

Flinder Fizzlefinger 23/23 Sorcerer 3 Narl
Celestin Valette 24/24 Rogue 3 Shadow Hexagram
Merisel Sarven 25/25 Ranger 3 jatang
Daggert Pennyfellow 28/28 Paladin 3 MikeHadfield
Synagas 14/14 Cleric 2 maceman121

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eddie Drood
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
M, as in Mancy
mbmbmbmbmb

Fresh from their exploration of the initial level of the Azlanti ruins beneath Thornkeep, the Pathfinders take the voyage back to Absalom to report in with their findings and gear up for a longer campaign in the ruins. Their work beneath Thornkeep has grown from just exploring for the Society, to honoring the last work of fellow Pathfinders and destroying foul evil creatures lurking beneath the unaware populace of the rowdy town.

The trip south is much quicker than traveling north, for they now travel with the river currents, and caravants and merchant boats are more than happy to give free passage to the Pathfinders in exchange for pulling guard duty shifts.

This gives the party plenty of time to ponder their experience thus far, and improve their skills and knowledge by absorbing what they've seen and done. Indeed, the group has never been stronger, and there is a feeling that their up and coming power will continue to grow rapidly in service to the Pathfinder Society and their own personal factions.

In a mere 6 days, the river system comes to an end, and the party is looking across the inner sea at the mountains of Kortos island to the south, and beyond them, Absalom!

Another day by ship sees the group rounding the southern end of the island, past Diobel, then north of Pariol island. It seems there is a lot of materials being sailed to the island a few miles south given the unusual amount of traffic in that direction.

Finally, the group sees the rising spires of the great city of Absalom, with massive numbers of ships sailing through the harbor on a myriad of business, the various quarters of the city recognizable to the veteran group.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eddie Drood
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
M, as in Mancy
mbmbmbmbmb
The group weaves through the city, waving hello to vendors they know and a few orphans they helped rescue running errands and growing quickly. In no time at all, the group arrives in the Foreign Quarter, and into the Grand Lodge.

After unloading and caring for their gear, the group relaxes in a small antechamber, the windows open wide to allow in the summer breeze as well as the familiar distant smells and sounds of the city wafting in the air.

Just as the group is really settling in to their drinks and an afternoon of relaxing, the familiar sight of a message runner appears, and notifies them VC Valsin would like to see them immediately.

Only a handful of other Pathfinders, most of them initiates, walk the halls near the office of Venture-Captain Ambrus Valsin. The Grand Lodge’s chamberlain sits behind an organized desk, reading a recently printed chronicle, and tapping his finger on an elaborate open envelope, the only sound in the eerily silent Pathfinder Society headquarters.

"Can you believe this place?" Valsin calmly asks, keeping his eyes squared on his chronicle. "Almost every agent worth her salt is off in Varisia right now. I bet you the Heidmarchs’ manor has more Pathfinders in it than this place."

Valsin finishes his reading and places the document on the desk, while sliding the envelope forward.

"Desna smiles upon us that I have you fine agents here, as I doubt anyone else in Absalom is better qualified for this mission. I won’t lie, this is probably one of the trickiest tasks I’ve ever had to send a group of Pathfinders on, and much rides on its success. I need you to attend a wedding. And not just any wedding, mind you, but a Blakros wedding."

“The Blakros family is one of the wealthiest families in Absalom--in the entire Inner Sea region, even--and we’ve cultivated a good working relationship with them over the years. In two days, Michellia Blakros is getting married to the former Hellknight Damian Kastner, and because of security concerns, we only got our invitation this morning. I won’t bore you with specifics, but sufficed to say, the Society has a lot of
interest in this wedding, as some of our agents had a hand in helping it along."

“The wedding is taking place on a secluded summer retreat on nearby Pariol Island, which the Blakroses own. There are two boats heading there before the first wedding festivities. One is a small supply runner set to leave in an hour that could get you there early tomorrow morning. The next is a larger ship that will transport the majority of the guests in the morning. Your travel is paid for of course, but you’ll need to get on one of those two vessels."

With a grave nod, Valsin passes over the envelope containing the invitation, and continues. "Also, you’ll need to peace-bond any weapons when you arrive on the island, and I’d recommend only wearing your finest armor, if you wear any at all. We’re not too concerned about security at the wedding, but making a good impression on the Blakroses and their guests is key to your mission. You’ll need to mingle, and get on the good sides of as many people as you can. I can’t stress this point enough: This is a social gathering, and the Society could really use the extra clout with all our current efforts being so far abroad."

"I don’t care if you save the wedding from a dragon, find out the bride is a doppelganger, or discover some grand plot to take over the Inner Sea! I only care that you leave this wedding having made people happy and improving our standing among the attendees! Are we understood?"

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yohann
France
flag msg tools
designer
Pandacon is Panda-On!
badge
mbmb
"Aye, Sir! We'll wear our finest armor and make the Society shine at this wedding."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
T'Leynti / Leonie
Netherlands
Oud-Beijerland
flag msg tools
Live long and prosper
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
"I'll brush my finest clothes. We better take the first passage, won't we my friends?"

With an anxious look Flinder awaits their replies.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yohann
France
flag msg tools
designer
Pandacon is Panda-On!
badge
mbmb
Célestin looks at Flinder then asks the Grand Lodge's Chamberlain:

"Venture-Captain Ambrus Valsin, do you know if we'll be able to find shops and armor-smiths on the Parriol Islands?"
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eddie Drood
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
M, as in Mancy
mbmbmbmbmb
Shadow Hexagram wrote:
Célestin looks at Flinder then asks the Grand Lodge's Chamberlain:

"Venture-Captain Ambrus Valsin, do you know if we'll be able to find shops and armor-smiths on the Parriol Islands?"

Amburs shakes his head, saying:

"Pariol Island was an old summer retreat used by the Blakroses for vacationing. Several years ago, their summer home burnt down in an accident involving some of the house staff when the family wasn’t present. The Blakroses abandoned the island, as they had other summer estates elsewhere. Now they’ve built a pavilion to host the wedding and all the guests, but otherwise the island is largely empty and uninhabited. No chance for shopping, I'm afraid."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yohann
France
flag msg tools
designer
Pandacon is Panda-On!
badge
mbmb
"Thank you Venture-Captain" Célestin replies.

Then turning back to Flinder he says: "Sorry my friend but I think we should leave tomorrow. My armor took too much beating recently and it needs to be refitted to look proper and neat for this wedding.

Plus, I think it would also be a good idea to pay a visit to our respective Factions so as to have some news and instructions."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamie Tang
United States
Baltimore
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Merisel shrugs. Either way is fine with me. Anyone have any ideas of what we can wear that will give us some offensive and defensive abilities, but be acceptable? I'm going to feel nervous in the midst of so many people without any weapons.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eddie Drood
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
M, as in Mancy
mbmbmbmbmb
Ambrus answers Merisel's question: "I’d like it if you could all go in formal attire, since that will give you more credibility among the nobles in attendance. If you must wear armor, consider wearing ceremonial armor, the lighter and less cumbersome the better. As I said, weapons must be peace-bonded."

In short, all drawn weapons have little cords tied around them that makes it take a full action to draw them. Spell components, wands, rings, scrolls, etc. are excluded, but may require proof of activity before being allowed
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamie Tang
United States
Baltimore
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Merisel obligingly finds a courtier's outfit in a nice shade of green. What a waste of 30 gp! What's the point of silk and velvet anyway? It's not durable enough for hunting. Peace bonded isn't as bad as leaving all the weapons elsewhere. It might take a bit longer to draw them, but at least they can get to their blades if necessary. Drunken wedding guests can be dangerous!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yohann
France
flag msg tools
designer
Pandacon is Panda-On!
badge
mbmb
After their mission briefing, Célestin dashes to one of the most famous armor-smith in the Foreign Quarter and entrusts her (because she is indeed a very fine lady and very skilled in her craft) his beaten leather armor so that she can work her wonders on it.

Then he'll pay a visit to the Silver Crusade's Lodge to report about their recent mission, their fight against evil, but also to get up-to-date and up-to-speed with his faction's objectives.

After that he'll go and purchase some more potions of bless weapon, buy some Noble's outfit, retrieve his family's signet ring at the pawn shop he had forgotten he'd left it last time he was broke and finally he'll spend his evening at the tavern with some of these old drinking buddies he had met and got to know in previous adventures.

And in the morning, he's at the docks ready to set off.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
T'Leynti / Leonie
Netherlands
Oud-Beijerland
flag msg tools
Live long and prosper
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Flinder ponders about those words. An attire is more important than he imagined. He leaves to find a decent tailor. The first he is impressed with has a limited selection but exquisite use of colours. They settle for an attire suiting a sorcerer but still in style. The tailor by good fortune even has some accompanying jewellery. A ring and necklace in Lyly's favourite colour sky blue. A lot of gold lighter but with Lyly in his heart he is ready for the wedding.

That'll be 80 gp dear Sir. What's money as you can't eat it anyway, you will look very elegant at the party.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eddie Drood
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
M, as in Mancy
mbmbmbmbmb
As Merisel and the others leaves the office, the VC waves to her, indicating she should take a letter on the edge of his desk. Once out in the passage, she has a chance to read it:

Esteemed Pathfinder,

Our operations in Varisia are really just starting, and despite the efficiency gained from using the Hao Jin Tapestry to travel there from Absalom, we can ill afford any competition. Despite our obvious advantages, the Blakros family’s archeological arms have begun to extend into the region like never before. At first I thought they might have found something the Society had missed, but then I discovered this move is motivated by pure jealousy at our efforts. Nigel Aldain is the curator of the Blakros Museum in Absalom, a former Pathfinder, and someone you may have met in your previous adventures. It appears that he’s caught wind of our operations in Varisia and is moving his own agents into the region to compete with us. I need you to approach him at the wedding, and impress upon him how poor a choice this would be.

Do your utmost,
Venture-Captain Ambrus Valsin

When he arrives at the Silver Crusade, Célestin discovers that te VC is not available, but she has left the following letter, to be passed along to all Silver Crusade members in the group:

I will not lie, things are grim in Varisia. The cult of Lissala has moved against Pathfinders and regular citizens alike, and we have recently learned that they plan to awaken a long-sleeping runelord! It is clear that more support is needed against this ever-growing threat, and we do not have enough Pathfinders to fight this battle alone.

It has come to my ear that you’ll be in attendance at the upcoming wedding of the famed Blakros family. While there, I would suggest you meet with Rubaani Shafar, commander of a mercenary company long in the Blakroses’ service. Not only will Rubaani be one of the guests you’ll wish to socialize with, but her support could aid us greatly in the growing Varisian conflict. Earn Shafar’s support, so we can finally get off the defensive and bring the battle to the cult of Lissala!

May the gods of light guide you,
Ollysta Zadrian

The party has plenty of time to make ready, purchasing their fine clothes (at least you get to keep them) and getting the peace-bond cords tied on their gear, as well as anything else the group wants to get done before the morning tide. just let me know
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yohann
France
flag msg tools
designer
Pandacon is Panda-On!
badge
mbmb
Célestin informs his friends from the same faction of the content of the letter when on board the ship.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
S H
United States
Hawaii
flag msg tools
mb
Synagas was never one for parties, never one for large groups, but if this was his job, this was his requirement, than so be it. He could play nicely if it was called for, he just hated crowds. Off to the tailor it would look like, to waste his coin once more for the sake of society, though he never could understand why they refused to chip in for outfits required for their functions. Cheap Society.

Which of those two are for the Andorians? I see one is for SC, but I can't figure out which of my companions are of which faction. Sorry :-(.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Hadfield
Canada
St Andrews
New Brunswick
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Bursting into the office of Venture-Captain Valsin. Longsword drawn and whetstone in hand, Daggert pants out his apology. Very sorry Sir. I took the long route here and got slightly... well... slightly lost. I suppose it's been too long away from Absalom. Then when I arrived I found that the rest had been summoned, and so... sorry.

As the captain talks Daggerts scraping of the whetstone slows and finally stops altogether. At the talk of peacebonding his face drops considerably and he tucks away the whetstone and sword.

Leaving the office he huffs slightly to himself, I suppose I'll leave the shortspears here... And the sling Staff... And the silver Longsword... And the dagger. What's a Paladin to do.

However, Daggert is thrilled with the idea of dressing up. He'd lately been feeling a rather underwhelming presence, and that Iomedae simply wasn't being given her proper due. Heading to a local tailor shop for halflings, he picks up a brilliant white and gold trimmed courtiers outfit and a flowing white cape. Embroidered on the front is a silhouette of Iomedae herself in full plate. Heading to a jeweler specializing in religious icons, Daggert picks up a chain with the glowing longsword of Iomedae and sets it about his neck.

Feeling like a true Paladin of Iomedae, he heads back to the Grand Lodge, intending to meet the others at the docks in the morning.

Daggert's Pendant(50gp for the pendant, 30gp for the outfit):

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eddie Drood
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
M, as in Mancy
mbmbmbmbmb

Ambrus shakes his head in an amused fashion at Daggert as the group exits, and wonders how the wedding will turn out...

Anything else anyone wants to do before the trip in the morning?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Hadfield
Canada
St Andrews
New Brunswick
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Daggert will secretly pack all his weapons. He just can't bear to leave them all behind.

The others will most likely notice conspicuous spear points sticking out of the top of the pack, and doesn't that bulge kind of look like the outline of a sling staff?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamie Tang
United States
Baltimore
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Merisel thinks that they can't take away her handy dagger. After all, she must have something to cut up the roast beast. She resigns herself to a lot of chit-chat and dancing. This is really Célestin's sort of thing. Doubtless he'll be surrounded by lovely noble ladies fawning on him. This diplomacy stuff is dullness with a polite ribbon wrapped around it. Give her evil monsters any day!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
T'Leynti / Leonie
Netherlands
Oud-Beijerland
flag msg tools
Live long and prosper
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Flinder hits the library. Maybe he can read up about the families to be wedded.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eddie Drood
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
M, as in Mancy
mbmbmbmbmb
In various rooms, the party is getting ready for the big day tomorrow. Since it's a 3 day trip, bags are expected of the guests and careful packing could hide any single-handed weapons beneath changes of clothes.

The nice outfits you all bought naturally come with a few variations, rather than just a single top and bottom--it's well understood that nobles want several pieces to mix together for an "outfit", so no one needs to worry about wearing the exact same clothes all three days

While Synagas is packing, a note is slipped under his door...

Follower of Freedom,

Despite our best efforts to maintain grace after I politely rejected the advancements of Michellia Blakros, the nation of Andoran has clearly suffered for my choice. Now, it appears our representative at the wedding is set to make a similar mistake. Alexander Bedard is a member of the People’s Council, and a prominent guest at the upcoming Blakros wedding. Be sure to maintain his honor among the other guests, especially if he does anything to tarnish our nation’s reputation. Bedard is an impassioned man, and his words could have severe consequences for Andoren interests with the Blakros family should you not rein him in.

Keep up the fight,
Major Colson Maldris

And while the others are finding out how many daggers can be hidden in a pair of socks, Flinder is off doing research on the families...
1d20 = (5) = 5
And learns that the Blakros family originated in Taldor, and made their initial fortune trading with both Qadira and Taldor during the nations’ centuries-long conflict. Today they are one of the most influential families in Absalom and the greater Inner Sea region.

Additionally, the Blakros family weds their offspring only to those of sufficient prestige and renown. Unlike in many other marriages, those who marry into the family often take on the Blakros name following the ceremony so that any children born to the couple will also carry the Blakros name.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 265162. eddie_drood
  • 1d20 =
  • (5) =
  • Fri Feb 8, 2013 1:20 pm
Eddie Drood
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
M, as in Mancy
mbmbmbmbmb

The next morning the group, wearing their fine clothing and jewelery and carrying a spare bag (some more bulging than others), make their way down to the dock, the invitation safely in hand.

Upon arrival at the dock, the group is treated to the sight indicating this will be a posh affair. The Blakros galleon--a six-sail double masted huge ship--is ready to be at full sail, and is festooned with flowers along the rails on deck. Easily 80 or so people, all dressed in varying degrees of fine clothing are making their way on deck, disembarking from carriages at the dock, or already on board, watching the spectacle of the crew making ready to sail.

Shortly after getting in line, the guards review the invitation, and the group finds itself up the gangplank and on deck, where porters show the group to an area below deck where space has been made for each guest's bags. A trio of armed guards, very polite, watch over everyone's bags, and in short order the group finds itself back on deck unburdened and able to take in the sights and sounds of a magnificent day at sea.

The last guest gets on deck, and soon the ship casts off. At that time, a mousy looking man in Blakros family servant attire rings a loud bell, and says loudly, "Honored guests! Thank you for accepting the family's invitation. The Captain tells me the voyage will take eight hours, depending on the winds. During the voyage, we invite you all to partake of the bounty of the ship, a small reflection of the joy springing forth from the Blakros family at your attendance to this most joyous occasion!"

The steward waves his hands, and liveried servants begin circulating with trays of roast game bird, cheeses, spiced and mulled wines, and exotic fruits. At the forecastle (the very front of the ship) is a cooking station, with the smoke wafting out over the ocean rathern than the guests, where bacon and eggs are being grilled, and biscuits are being baked.

To the aft, a trio of musicians the group cannot see from their position by the rail begin brightly playing stringed instruments to accompany the festivities.

Even with easily 100 people on the ship, it's large enough to not feel crowded, but not so large as to leave one feeling the event is not well attended by having too many open spaces on deck.

Blending well with the majority of the crowd in their new clothing, the group looks at each other briefly, and then...

Take it away!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamie Tang
United States
Baltimore
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Merisel partakes of the food, especially the fruit, some of which she has never seen before. Apparently this family is going all out with the wedding festivities. She can't imagine how much this whole drawn-out affair will cost. It's certainly more than her entire village would have seen in her long lifetime!

The silks she is wearing are surprisingly comfortable. They'd be impractical if she had to do anything, but that doesn't seem to be necessary. Don't nobles just lounge around? She feels at a loss without her bow and arrows. There simply wasn't any way to disguise those. At least she managed to pack her sword and morningstar. Meanwhile, she does have her dagger at her waist, so she isn't completely unarmed. What if there are pirates? arrrh All of these simpering wealthy fools will be glad to have her along then!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [16] |