Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
badge
I release my anger through writing.
mbmbmbmbmb

Source: Daniel Schwen / Wikipedia

Cherrypoppers - OOC - Hollowpoint PbF

Welcome to Cherrytree Correctional Facility. And may God, Allah or whomever have mercy on your poor souls. The COs will not, and neither will your fellow inmates. I say fellow, but do not read too much into that word.

Cherrytree is a Darwinian experiment stuck in fast-forward. Real estate is at a premium, and the influx of prisoners, thanks our diligent justice system, is great. So I hope neither of you suffer from claustrophobia.

The reason for you being here, aside from the fact that you represent the worst scum our dear earth has managed to produce, is one Donald "Don" Hollande, crime boss extraordinaire. He got a handful of years for a lifetime of crimes, and the media sure would like to know why. Everyone expected, or rather expects, him to live out his sentence in relative luxury at Cherrytree, but for one reason or another you've been cajoled into getting him out.

Time is of the essence. There are no plans, little resources, and a heap of obstacles. And no one wants to spend more time here than necessary.

Despite obvious reasons not to, the Hollande family has made it clear that mr. Ngakosso will be the man in charge, and ultimately responsible.

Your mission, should you "choose" to accept it:
#1 - Get Don the fuck out of prison.
#2 - Get Don the hell out of the country.

Good luck.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Felix Lastname
Germany
Konstanz
flag msg tools
designer
Pomboo. Si samaki, si mnyama. Si mzee, si kijana.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
In the dark of the cellblock, the only light is fluorescent. So are my thoughts. Fluorescent. L'homme invisib' is already trailing me, as we reach the point de rendezvous as agreed in our dead-drop messages.
After assuming positions off to the sides, we do not have to wait long for a third man to arrive surreptitiously.
"M'sieur 'Amilton is on time, too, I believe. Formidab'."

I would have disliked having to start killing people before the job even started.

"To get us started procedurally on our road to perdition, I shall be Mr. Black. He is Mr. Grey, and you, M'sieur 'Amilton, you shall be Mr. Red. I so love American film."

One of my goons stands a few meters away, blocking any passerbys from eavesdropping.

"Mesdames et messieurs, we are 'ere to discuss the business of an extradition extraordinaire. We all know the target, we know the obstacles in our path, we know each others' strengths and weaknesses."

Inscrutably, I look at my fellow (hehe) inmates longer than is easily bearable, and outline a plan.

"Mr. Grey shall endeavour to find a route for our departure, and take hold of the necessary utensils for this. Mr. Red shall set up une distraction of the impressive kind, while I shall approach the target and gain his confidence in our capabilities. What would you add?"
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Hendricks
United States
San Antonio
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
John Smith clears his throat and pushes up his large lensed glasses. Seeing him brings to mind images of some accountant so boring that just seeing him makes you want to sleep or skydive or watch paint dry - anything more exciting than him.

"Mr. Grey, myself, to provide the needed tools to complete action plan, agreed.", he speaks in a voice so monotonous and dry that it would put a 75 year old history professor to shame.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yohann
France
flag msg tools
designer
Pandacon is Panda-On!
badge
Play, play, play and have a hell of a good time.
mbmb
"W'sup..." Red says, looking at Grey and Black each one in turn, while half-stepping from some filthy shadows.

"I'll provide the distraction, just tell me when. We need to be in sync on that one."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Felix Lastname
Germany
Konstanz
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
"Upon consideration, laissez-moi rephrase myself: Mr. Gris-Gris and I shall commence immediately with our tasks, and then signal to each other and to you, mon Grand Rouge, when the time for the distraction has come, and what the means of egress shall be. Oui ou non?"

A smile, teeth in the dark.

"And do not say 'non', it does not agree with me. Meeting adjourned, as one says? We shall correspond per the established routes. Good success to you."

Chill takes a handful of dust from his Juju bag, and blows some of it in the direction of each of the other.

"Truthfully, good success..."

A laugh, and he slinks away into the shadows to begin tracking down the target for a sincere conversation.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yohann
France
flag msg tools
designer
Pandacon is Panda-On!
badge
mbmb
Red leaves as well, already silently reciting the steps of the plan.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Hendricks
United States
San Antonio
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Mr. Grey departs as well, off to memorize the location of certain items that will need to be procured in the future.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matias Dahlbäck
Finland
Raseborg
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Conflict I

Surrounding you at every side is Cherrytree and its loathsome inhabitants (well, loathsome aside from three intrepid heroes, filled with virtue, sense of duty and other swell things, I am sure). The facility is old, harkening back from the days of old, when a long sentence was considered a death sentence. Actually, that hasn't really changed. Sometimes the only difference between the animals in the orange jumpsuits and the COs is the wardrobe options.

Everyone is watching everyone else. Trust no one.

I'll have 8 dice in this first conflict. The opposition will be using WATCH. Your team pool is at 15. What skills will you be using gentlemen?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Felix Lastname
Germany
Konstanz
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Chill Ngakosso will be using COOL to gain the trust of the Target and to keep the Target's goons under control.

That will be 4 Dice, which I roll after everybody is done announcing, right?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Hendricks
United States
San Antonio
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
"Mr. Grey" will be using 5 dice of TAKE.

He will be moving unnoticed around the prison, memorizing guard patterns, locations of keycards, and figuring out security passwords. When the time is right, he will use this information gathered to ensure that the current doors will unlock and that security will not be watching.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matias Dahlbäck
Finland
Raseborg
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Againsto wrote:

Correct. But before rolling you also get to ask for help from your teammates.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Felix Lastname
Germany
Konstanz
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
residue wrote:
Againsto wrote:

Correct. But before rolling you also get to ask for help from your teammates.

I could, but I won't.

This statement was brought to you courtesy of the new ooc-tags.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matias Dahlbäck
Finland
Raseborg
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Good, everyone has decided on a skill.

Felix rolls 4 for COOL.
Yohann rolls 4 for CON.
Ryan rolls 5 for TAKE.

Opposition rolls 8 for WATCH.

You still have the option to ask for teamwork support. But if not interested, we roll the dice.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Felix Lastname
Germany
Konstanz
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It might be a mistake, of course, but let's just find out how this game works.

Plus, we can always retroactively burn traits. So there.
4d6 = (3 + 3 + 2 + 1) = 9

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 293918. Againsto
  • 4d6 =
  • (3 + 3 + 2 + 1) =
  • Sun Feb 24, 2013 8:44 am
Matias Dahlbäck
Finland
Raseborg
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Againsto wrote:
[ooc]It might be a mistake, of course, but let's just find out how this game works.

Aye. I have no idea what is good and what is bad. Lets just prod at this beast and see what happens.

You suck at rolling dice btw. Like. Suck. Suckety suck. I mean, what is that?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yohann
France
flag msg tools
designer
Pandacon is Panda-On!
badge
mbmb
CON 4d6 = (2 + 1 + 3 + 5) = 11

Nothing useful here.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 294061. Shadow Hexagram
  • 4d6 =
  • (2 + 1 + 3 + 5) =
  • CON
  • Sun Feb 24, 2013 2:45 pm
Ryan Hendricks
United States
San Antonio
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
5d6 = (5 + 2 + 3 + 3 + 2) = 15

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 294853. UncleLothar
  • 5d6 =
  • (5 + 2 + 3 + 3 + 2) =
  • Mon Feb 25, 2013 5:02 am
Matias Dahlbäck
Finland
Raseborg
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
8d6 = (3 + 5 + 5 + 2 + 5 + 3 + 6 + 3) = 32

Hmm. Ok, I should've left my mockery for Yohann. Yikes.

I'll sort these out and we will get going.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 294883. residue
  • 8d6 =
  • (3 + 5 + 5 + 2 + 5 + 3 + 6 + 3) =
  • Mon Feb 25, 2013 5:52 am
Matias Dahlbäck
Finland
Raseborg
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Round 1 - play order

555 - Opposition
333 - Opposition
33 - Felix/Ryan
33 - Felix/Ryan
22 - Ryan

Remaining dice wrote:

Felix:

Yohann:

Ryan:

Ok. As things are now, I get to do two things before we come around to you guys. This isn't at all a bad situation for you. Going first isn't necessarily ideal. What you want to get is perhaps several short sets, instead of a few long sets. I'll be, using the expression from the rule book, blowing my wad a bit early here.

The opposition plays pretty AI-like from what I can tell, and will always strive to knock out the highest & shortest set for the person with the fewest set. It doesn't say specifically that I should go for the guy without a set (Yohann) and try and take him out. Even so, since you're all agents you can also "take on for the team", which would lead to the same result in this case.

Everyone follow what I'm saying so far?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matias Dahlbäck
Finland
Raseborg
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Opposition uses 555 to knock out a dice from Felix' highest/shortest set.

As Chill approach the row of cells that make up Don Holland's small turf in Cellblock C he notice the usual background noise from prison life slowly fading away. Just as he gets within sight of Don a large giant of a white blob steps in the way. White aside from the black tattoos of svastiskas and slogans in old fashioned font, like cartoon bolts of lightning across his fatty chest.

"You in the wrong section, boy. This is whites only from now on." growls the skinhead.

Behind him Chill can see Don sitting a bit for himself, looking dejected. Is he protected or in a prison within the prison?

Opposition uses 333 to knock out a dice from Ryan's highest/shortest set.

Mr Grey, a much more inspiring name than the, well, grey John Smith, is blending in among the general prison population. Harmless and uninteresting noone's paying him much attention, if any. He's just another obstacle for the dejected and the drugged to shuffle around.

Standing unnoticed near the guard's observation room he listens intently as the discuss the current arrangements and how they suck for men of the world such as them who want to get home in time to watch the game on TV. The whining is interrupted by the arrival of one other guard who tells them that management has decided for a new, presumably more efficient, way of using the work force. The new system will be implemented at once. Something to do about needing even tighter security. Rumours. Noone's interested, they just know this is going to mean more overtime.

I hope this makes any kind of sense. I wonder if I'm overthinking Hollowpoint, it's just that it's so different to what I'm perhaps used to.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matias Dahlbäck
Finland
Raseborg
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Round 1 - play order

22 - Ryan

Remaining dice wrote:

Felix:

Yohann:

Ryan:

Ryan is up.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Felix Lastname
Germany
Konstanz
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Question - I have the rules somewhere else, so I am not sure about the timing, but would it not be possible for us to burn traits to get extra rolls once we've seen what the opposition can do but before we get to resolution?
Plus: I had thought that people without a set got hit automatically. As an incentive to burn those traits... No? Anybody? Bueller?

In other news:
I really liked the prose! I think it's a good fit!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matias Dahlbäck
Finland
Raseborg
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The rules state that you can burn a trait for two more dice "At any time". Yeah, I should've probably waited, but this was kind of a good result for you guys. You can still burn the traits, and get longer or more sets with your remaining die. Odds wise that's perhaps not a stupid idea. Felix is at 50% to get atleast one set (and thus a hit on Opposition) and Yohann gets atleast one set two times out of three.

I decided to "knock out" rather than pile on Yohann this first round, because I'm a nice (weak) guy. Also, you being agents you could've taken one for the team on both accounts. The rules don't say to go for the jugular, it says to attack the dice of the person who has the least sets, but I suspect that the spirit of the rules is to try and take out as many PCs as possible

But noted and agreed, I'll try and wait for player input in between steps from now on
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Hendricks
United States
San Antonio
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Changes? Great. Why can't people just be simple and predictable? It would allow them to enjoy their meaningless lives more. Well, nothing to do now but adapt.

Smith steals a guard uniform as he strolls through the laundry area. When out of sight he dons the uniform and moves at just the right speed to get through a door unlocked by another guard; as he moves past him, he "accidentally" bumps unto him, taking his keycard in the process . He continues through each checkpoint non-chalantly. When the Warden leaves to make his rounds, Smith breaks in. He picks up the new prison policy, no time to ccopy, so he memorizes it instead. Might as well take one of the spare keycards while he is there.

On the way back, he finds the guard whose card he initially used. Claiming that he, a fellow guard, found it on the ground, the guard thanks him profusely and begs him not to tell anyone else. As Smith walks away, he permits himself a rare smile.

However, knowing the new prison plan and adjusting for it are too very different things...

John Smith hits OPPOSITION on TAKE.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matias Dahlbäck
Finland
Raseborg
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Round 1 - finished?

Opposition suffer a first stage effect (TAKE/Something is missing). I'll hold now in case you guys want to burn traits. But if not we move on to round two.

We keep on like this until all agents have fled our if freed second stage effects (and moved on I guess) or Opposition suffers a second stage effect.

Remaining dice wrote:

Felix:

Yohann:

Ryan:

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [7] |