Recommend
7 
 Thumb up
 Hide
176 Posts
[1]  Prev «  4 , 5 , 6 , 7 , 8  Next »  [8] | 

Pathfinder Society Scenario 3-00 Intro 3: A Vision of Betrayal» Forums » Play By Forum

Subject: RPGG PFS Guild Game - A Vision of Betrayal [IC] rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Internet rage goon
United States
Altadena
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Zstelian will position himself immediately behind Nester and try to get a read on the gillmen's mood.

Sense Motive 1d20+8 = (19) + 8 = 27

He will bow to both of them. "Greetings, friends, and welcome to the land world. I am Zstelian Rynov, and we have had a pleasant journey here to meet you - we hope likewise for you." He then intones a brief benediction to Desna and, if he knows it, a prayer of courtesy to the hillmen god (if he knows it); otherwise, a generic prayer to the gods of the oceans.

Knowledge (religion) 1d20+5 = (9) + 5 = 14
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 270987. vestige
  • 1d20+8 =
  • (19) + 8 =
  • 27
  • Sense Motive
  • Mon Feb 11, 2013 12:54 am
  • [+]
  • 270991. vestige
  • 1d20+5 =
  • (9) + 5 =
  • 14
  • Knowledge (religion)
  • Mon Feb 11, 2013 12:56 am
Brent Johnson
United States
Cleveland Heights
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
Fleeting memories rise | From the shadows of my mind | Sing "nonomori" - endless corridors | Say "nonomori" - hopeless warriors | You were there | You were there
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Kagebuto murmurs to Alron, "We take posts near doors, maybe? I take door by fish cage, maybe?" He then walks over to the table just north of the doors near the aquarium and sits in the chair nearest to the doorm, turned to watch the proceedings.

3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
George Buss
United States
Muncie
Indiana
flag msg tools
"It seems, that is, I may have become, quite by accident, the chosen, what what?"
badge
“Here is my secret. It's quite simple: One sees clearly only with the heart. Anything essential is invisible to the eyes.” ― Antoine de Saint-Exupéry, Petit Prince
Avatar
Erwin lays his coil of rope on the bartop and begins to absently tie and untie knots in the ends. He slides his hand and drops half of the coil behind the bar.

Whoops! Do you mind picking that up for me? He asks the barkeep.

Sleight of hand 1d20+8 = (6) + 8 = 14
Bluff 1d20+8 = (17) + 8 = 25




2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 271093. ThatFedoraGuy
  • 1d20+8 =
  • (6) + 8 =
  • 14
  • Sleight of hand
  • Mon Feb 11, 2013 1:46 am
  • [+]
  • 271094. ThatFedoraGuy
  • 1d20+8 =
  • (17) + 8 =
  • 25
  • Bluff
  • Mon Feb 11, 2013 1:46 am
Jake Hermance
United States
Arlington
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Faonton

Slides over a little to get a better view of the proceedings
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Deane Beman
United States
Rochester
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Shoalo looks nervous as Artemis sits next to Nester; which in turn causes Ahrmisa to tense up. Erwin watches as a glass slips through the bartenders fingers...crashing toward the floor. Shaolo and Ahrmisa cover their eyes as a blinding explosion envelopes the room. Nester and Artemis, due to their positioning, are protected from the effect.

Faonton Will Save 1d20+2 = (6) + 2 = 8, blinded for 1d4+1 = (1) + 1 = 2 rounds.
Kagebuto Will Save 1d20+1 = (9) + 1 = 10, blinded for 1d4+1 = (4) + 1 = 5 rounds.
Zstelian Will Save 1d20+6 = (5) + 6 = 11, blinded for 1d4+1 = (1) + 1 = 2 rounds.
Alron Will Save 1d20+1 = (15) + 1 = 16
Erwin Will Save 1d20+3 = (12) + 3 = 15

Round 1

Zstelian 1d20+1 = (19) + 1 = 20 - Blind
Nester 1d20+1 = (17) + 1 = 18
Alron 1d20+4 = (11) + 4 = 15
Ahrmisa 1d20+1 = (12) + 1 = 13
Faonton 1d20+3 = (9) + 3 = 12 - Blind
Artemis 1d20+6 = (5) + 6 = 11
Ulionestia 1d20+6 = (5) + 6 = 11
Kagebuto 1d20+3 = (7) + 3 = 10 - Blind
Shoalo 1d20+1 = (6) + 1 = 7
Erwin 1d20+5 = (2) + 5 = 7



Condition: Blinded
Map

Zstelian & Alron may act first.
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 271674. dbeman
  • 1d20+2 =
  • (6) + 2 =
  • 8
  • Faonton Will Save
  • Mon Feb 11, 2013 12:11 pm
  • [+]
  • 271675. dbeman
  • 1d20+1 =
  • (9) + 1 =
  • 10
  • Kagebuto Will Save
  • Mon Feb 11, 2013 12:12 pm
  • [+]
  • 271676. dbeman
  • 1d20+6 =
  • (5) + 6 =
  • 11
  • Zstelian Will Save
  • Mon Feb 11, 2013 12:12 pm
  • [+]
  • 271679. dbeman
  • 1d20+1 =
  • (15) + 1 =
  • 16
  • Alron Will Save
  • Mon Feb 11, 2013 12:12 pm
  • [+]
  • 271681. dbeman
  • 1d20+3 =
  • (12) + 3 =
  • 15
  • Erwin Will Save
  • Mon Feb 11, 2013 12:12 pm
  • [+]
  • 271686. dbeman
  • 1d4+1 =
  • (1) + 1 =
  • 2
  • Mon Feb 11, 2013 12:17 pm
  • [+]
  • 271687. dbeman
  • 1d4+1 =
  • (4) + 1 =
  • 5
  • Mon Feb 11, 2013 12:17 pm
  • [+]
  • 271688. dbeman
  • 1d4+1 =
  • (1) + 1 =
  • 2
  • Mon Feb 11, 2013 12:17 pm
  • [+]
  • 271693. dbeman
  • 1d20+6 =
  • (5) + 6 =
  • 11
  • Ulionestia
  • Mon Feb 11, 2013 12:18 pm
  • [+]
  • 271694. dbeman
  • 1d20+1 =
  • (6) + 1 =
  • 7
  • Shoalo
  • Mon Feb 11, 2013 12:19 pm
  • [+]
  • 271695. dbeman
  • 1d20+1 =
  • (12) + 1 =
  • 13
  • Ahrmisa
  • Mon Feb 11, 2013 12:19 pm
  • [+]
  • 271696. dbeman
  • 1d20+3 =
  • (9) + 3 =
  • 12
  • Faonton
  • Mon Feb 11, 2013 12:19 pm
  • [+]
  • 271697. dbeman
  • 1d20+6 =
  • (5) + 6 =
  • 11
  • Artemis
  • Mon Feb 11, 2013 12:20 pm
  • [+]
  • 271698. dbeman
  • 1d20+3 =
  • (7) + 3 =
  • 10
  • Kagebuto
  • Mon Feb 11, 2013 12:20 pm
  • [+]
  • 271699. dbeman
  • 1d20+1 =
  • (19) + 1 =
  • 20
  • Zstelian
  • Mon Feb 11, 2013 12:20 pm
  • [+]
  • 271700. dbeman
  • 1d20+4 =
  • (11) + 4 =
  • 15
  • Alron
  • Mon Feb 11, 2013 12:20 pm
  • [+]
  • 271702. dbeman
  • 1d20+5 =
  • (2) + 5 =
  • 7
  • Erwin
  • Mon Feb 11, 2013 12:20 pm
  • [+]
  • 271850. dbeman
  • 1d20+1 =
  • (17) + 1 =
  • 18
  • Nester
  • Mon Feb 11, 2013 1:28 pm
Liam Mooney
England
Chester
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Realising the trap, Alron charges at Shaolo, screaming a challenge whilst quickly drawing his longsword.

He swings it. 1d20+7 = (16) + 7 = 23 dmg: 1d8+4 = (7) + 4 = 11
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 271822. LMooney
  • 1d20+7 =
  • (16) + 7 =
  • 23
  • Mon Feb 11, 2013 1:11 pm
  • [+]
  • 271823. LMooney
  • 1d8+4 =
  • (7) + 4 =
  • 11
  • Mon Feb 11, 2013 1:12 pm
Deane Beman
United States
Rochester
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
We can retcon Zstelian's blinded action if need be.

Upon hearing the glass break and seeing the explosion Nester quickly recovers the Pathfinder's artifact before leaping up from his chair; unsheathing a sword from his cane and pointing it toward the gillmen.

A look of horror comes over Ahrmisa's face as she watches Shaolo crumple to the ground in a bloody heap. She steps around her comrade's corpse and clumsily lunges her spear at Alron. 1d20+2 = (3) + 2 = 5

The "not seeing so well" Faonton and the "I can see just fine, thank you" Artemis are up.
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 271836. dbeman
  • 1d20+2 =
  • (3) + 2 =
  • 5
  • Mon Feb 11, 2013 1:18 pm
Jake Hermance
United States
Arlington
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Faonton

Faonton Stumbles backwards and moves away from the table in hopes of getting his sight back and then casts and holds Shocking Grasp.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Internet rage goon
United States
Altadena
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
"It's a trap! Somebody find the spellcaster!" Zstelian yells. "And protect Nester!" He then shouts a quick prayer to Desna and fumbles for his wand.

Cast bless. +1 to attacks for all!
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Deane Beman
United States
Rochester
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
4 
 Thumb up
0.27
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Karpouzian
United States
Waverly
Iowa
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Artemis will draw his bow, not really knowing all of what is going on, except that he was set up. Ahrmissa, standing in front of him, gets the brunt of a shot. Arrow 1d20+7 = (12) + 7 = 19 Arrow 1d8+3 = (6) + 3 = 9
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 272227. karpouzian
  • 1d20+7 =
  • (12) + 7 =
  • 19
  • Arrow
  • Mon Feb 11, 2013 4:30 pm
  • [+]
  • 272228. karpouzian
  • 1d8+3 =
  • (6) + 3 =
  • 9
  • Arrow
  • Mon Feb 11, 2013 4:31 pm
Daniel Karpouzian
United States
Waverly
Iowa
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Actually I hit a 20 ac due to the bless.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brent Johnson
United States
Cleveland Heights
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
Fleeting memories rise | From the shadows of my mind | Sing "nonomori" - endless corridors | Say "nonomori" - hopeless warriors | You were there | You were there
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Suddenly struck blind, Kagebuto knocks over his chair as he jumps to his feet. Drawing his longsword, he puts his hand against the wall and feels his way south, where he plants himself in front of the door and shouts, "Nobody move! Anybody tries to leave, I hit!" He then listens carefully for any nearby movement.

Perception 1d20+1 = (18) + 1 = 19

3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 272241. Brent Johnson
  • 1d20+1 =
  • (18) + 1 =
  • 19
  • Perception
  • Mon Feb 11, 2013 4:35 pm
Deane Beman
United States
Rochester
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Boy...these gillmen are made of glass!

Ahrmisa is introduced to the floor by Artemis' arrow. Sensing certain defeat, the bartendter (otherwise known as Ulionestia) mutters a curse and the aquarium in the center of the room shatters. She skirts around the bar to avoid Erwin and leaps through the hole in the floor and into the water underneath the tavern.

Ulionestia is currently underneath the tavern. She is clearly making her escape and will be well out of range after her next action. You can pursue if you'd like but there is no incentive to do so insofar as your mission objective or treasure is concerned.


Erwin 7
end of round 1; beginning of round 2
Zstelian 20 - Blind
Nester 18
Alron 15
Faonton 12 - Blind
Artemis 11
Ulionestia 11
Kagebuto 10 - Blind

Erwin to close out the first round and then everyone other than Kagebuto can take an action before Ulionestia swims away. (assuming she's still alive to do so, that is.)
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Karpouzian
United States
Waverly
Iowa
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Upon hearing the giant aquarium shatter behind him, he looks at Erwin and tells him, "No more stones I told you!!!"

I'm going to miss this group
2 
 Thumb up
0.02
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brent Johnson
United States
Cleveland Heights
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
Fleeting memories rise | From the shadows of my mind | Sing "nonomori" - endless corridors | Say "nonomori" - hopeless warriors | You were there | You were there
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
dbeman wrote:
You can pursue if you'd like but there is no incentive to do so insofar as your mission objective or treasure is concerned.
Ah, but what about the thrill of the challenge!? Let's see. Pursue a magic-casting gillman in her native element, without a trained Swim skill. While blind.

arrrh

...

gulp

...

Nah, I don't think so. shake


Kagebuto still stands in front of the door waving his sword (attack readied), still listening, and still wondering what in the world is going on.

Maybe he should try eating a magic bean...

2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
George Buss
United States
Muncie
Indiana
flag msg tools
"It seems, that is, I may have become, quite by accident, the chosen, what what?"
badge
“Here is my secret. It's quite simple: One sees clearly only with the heart. Anything essential is invisible to the eyes.” ― Antoine de Saint-Exupéry, Petit Prince
Avatar
dbeman wrote:
Boy...these gillmen are made of glass!

Ahrmisa is introduced to the floor by Artemis' arrow. Sensing certain defeat, the bartendter (otherwise known as Ulionestia) mutters a curse and the aquarium in the center of the room shatters. She skirts around the bar to avoid Erwin and leaps through the hole in the floor and into the water underneath the tavern.

Ulionestia is currently underneath the tavern. She is clearly making her escape and will be well out of range after her next action. You can pursue if you'd like but there is no incentive to do so insofar as your mission objective or treasure is concerned.


Erwin 7
end of round 1; beginning of round 2
Zstelian 20 - Blind
Nester 18
Alron 15
Faonton 12 - Blind
Artemis 11
Ulionestia 11
Kagebuto 10 - Blind

Erwin to close out the first round and then everyone other than Kagebuto can take an action before Ulionestia swims away. (assuming she's still alive to do so, that is.)

Erwin tosses his rope after the fleeing woman casting Animate Rope as it goes over the edge and into the water. He holds one end of the rope.

1d20 = (10) = 10 I'm not sure what modifiers I get here.

I hate when they get away! Somebody want to help me here! If I can hold her, we might learn something!
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 272322. ThatFedoraGuy
  • 1d20 =
  • (10) =
  • 10
  • Mon Feb 11, 2013 4:55 pm
George Buss
United States
Muncie
Indiana
flag msg tools
"It seems, that is, I may have become, quite by accident, the chosen, what what?"
badge
“Here is my secret. It's quite simple: One sees clearly only with the heart. Anything essential is invisible to the eyes.” ― Antoine de Saint-Exupéry, Petit Prince
Avatar
With a general area toss, I just need to get a DC of 5, right? So is she a Gillman Yo-Yo??
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Deane Beman
United States
Rochester
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
ThatFedoraGuy wrote:
With a general area toss, I just need to get a DC of 5, right? So is she a Gillman Yo-Yo??

Were it not for the fact that you're trying to perform two standard actions in one turn...perhaps!
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jake Hermance
United States
Arlington
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Faonton


Still trying to find his vision, Faonton holds his position unable to see or help Erwin.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
George Buss
United States
Muncie
Indiana
flag msg tools
"It seems, that is, I may have become, quite by accident, the chosen, what what?"
badge
“Here is my secret. It's quite simple: One sees clearly only with the heart. Anything essential is invisible to the eyes.” ― Antoine de Saint-Exupéry, Petit Prince
Avatar
dbeman wrote:
ThatFedoraGuy wrote:
With a general area toss, I just need to get a DC of 5, right? So is she a Gillman Yo-Yo??

Were it not for the fact that you're trying to perform two standard actions in one turn...perhaps!

Wait... what? Haven't I done that before? Throw the rope and cast animate rope as I do it??

OH!! I learn, I learn!

Can I tweak that to roll to the edge of the water and drop the rope??

That means I'm not throwing, I'm dropping... which is a free action, right?!
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Deane Beman
United States
Rochester
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
The rope need to be within 1 foot of your target in order to initiate the "coil" command. The last time we fudged it a bit because you were adjacent to your target so I allowed you to drop the rope as a free action. You don't have the luxury of being adjacent to your target this time, so you'd need to make a ranged touch attack and then cast the spell.

The rope can enwrap only a creature or an object within 1 foot of it - it does not snake outward - so it must be thrown near the intended target. Doing so requires a successful ranged touch attack roll (range increment 10 feet)
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
George Buss
United States
Muncie
Indiana
flag msg tools
"It seems, that is, I may have become, quite by accident, the chosen, what what?"
badge
“Here is my secret. It's quite simple: One sees clearly only with the heart. Anything essential is invisible to the eyes.” ― Antoine de Saint-Exupéry, Petit Prince
Avatar

Well... in that case...


Erwin takes in the fleeing figure of the barkeep. He really had wanted to get to know that figure better. Perhaps this is for the best.

He casts detect magic in the area that she left to make sure there isn't some further treachery.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Deane Beman
United States
Rochester
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Erwin detects no magic...save for his personality.

I've created a Halfling Archaeologist who will take a one or two level dip in Urban Ranger. I hope to have half as much fun with him as you have had with Erwin!
3 
 Thumb up
0.02
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Deane Beman
United States
Rochester
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Nester thinks to start after the fleeing gillman...but then thinks better of it. He sheaths in cane sword before looking after the artifact. He looks around at the rest of the party, realizing that his rouse has been found out. "I do hope you'll keep the fact that I'm more able-bodied than I let on to yourselves. I've found that people are more willing to acquiesce to the bargaining demands of a cripple. I'm sure you can appreciate how invaluable that can be in my line of work."

With that Nester suggests you help yourself to the bountiful about of booze in the abandoned tavern while he books sea passage back to Absalom; where you are commended by the Venture-Captain for preventing the Aspis agents from gaining control of a true Azlanti artifact.

You return to your rooms at the Lodge with your "trial" missions behind you; you can't help but smile at the notion that you are now a true Pathfinder. As you lay down to rest you are startled by the sound of a piece of paper being slid under your door.

Not again... you think to yourself as you relight your candle and retrieve your message.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
[1]  Prev «  4 , 5 , 6 , 7 , 8  Next »  [8] |