Recommend
7 
 Thumb up
 Hide
176 Posts
[1]  Prev «  4 , 5 , 6 , 7 , 8  Next »  [8] | 

Pathfinder Society Scenario 3-00 Intro 3: A Vision of Betrayal» Forums » Play By Forum

Subject: RPGG PFS Guild Game - A Vision of Betrayal [IC] rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Daniel Karpouzian
United States
Waverly
Iowa
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
vestige wrote:
"Perhaps that is the best course, and I will go along with it if you all agree. But if we hadn't been tipped off by the centaurs, that cat beast would probably have frightened more of us than just poor Alron," Zstelian says, with a nudge to the cavalier. "I hope there aren't any similar surprises waiting for us in this bog."

Actually, Zstelian makes a lot of sense... Especially because a gardening kobold doesn't sound too threatening...
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Deane Beman
United States
Rochester
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
The kobold woman waves at you as you walk by and then continues singing to her flowers and plants as you pass by on your way to Pier's End.

The sleepy fishing village of Pier's End offers a warm inn, a hot meal, and a way to travel to the Isle of Erran. There are three captains capable of ferrying you to Escadar.

Darice Sumore is a surly-looking young woman, but if her sea-weathered face were softened, she could be considered pretty.

Small Otti is a fat halfling who constantly states that his plump stature helps with buoyancy at sea.

Crazy Old Tanner is a disheveled, fish-smelling, and wild-eyed man who constantly talks out the side of his mouth while blowing thick gouts of grey smoke from an aromatic pipe. He is fit to yelling at the sea, accusing it of being an unfaithful mistress and talking about how things were better when he was much younger.

Diplomacy (Gather Info) or K: Local checks to learn more about each captain...or you can simply start negotiating with them.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Karpouzian
United States
Waverly
Iowa
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Artemis, ever pragmatic, asks how much they each charge.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Internet rage goon
United States
Altadena
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Zstelian has both skills, so he will wrack his brain to remember these names, and then ask around.

I think we need checks for each individually? If not just use the first two.

Know Darice 1d20+6 = (14) + 6 = 20
Know Otti 1d20+6 = (11) + 6 = 17
Know Tanner 1d20+6 = (13) + 6 = 19

Diplomacy Darice 1d20+6 = (19) + 6 = 25
Diplomacy Otti 1d20+6 = (15) + 6 = 21
Diplomacy Tanner 1d20+6 = (16) + 6 = 22

Damn, Z is on a roll today!
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 268568. vestige
  • 1d20+6 =
  • (19) + 6 =
  • 25
  • Diplomacy Darice
  • Sat Feb 9, 2013 10:43 pm
  • [+]
  • 268569. vestige
  • 1d20+6 =
  • (15) + 6 =
  • 21
  • Diplomacy Otti
  • Sat Feb 9, 2013 10:44 pm
  • [+]
  • 268570. vestige
  • 1d20+6 =
  • (16) + 6 =
  • 22
  • Diplomacy Tanner
  • Sat Feb 9, 2013 10:44 pm
  • [+]
  • 268571. vestige
  • 1d20+6 =
  • (13) + 6 =
  • 19
  • Know Tanner
  • Sat Feb 9, 2013 10:44 pm
  • [+]
  • 268572. vestige
  • 1d20+6 =
  • (11) + 6 =
  • 17
  • Know Otti
  • Sat Feb 9, 2013 10:44 pm
  • [+]
  • 268573. vestige
  • 1d20+6 =
  • (14) + 6 =
  • 20
  • Know Darice
  • Sat Feb 9, 2013 10:44 pm
Deane Beman
United States
Rochester
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Darice never knew her father, and many villagers whisper that he was a member of the Pathfinder Society. Small Otti values his coin, for he has many mouths to feed—most importantly, his own. Tanner's skill at sea is unmatched, but so is his lunacy; take a boat ride with him and you might ride straight into a squall.

Darice resents never knowing her father and some say she longingly caresses the trinket he left behind for her. Small Otti has a weakness for fine food and drink, and any deal with him is made sweeter if food is involved. Some whisper that Tanner is not actually crazy, but no one is brave enough to find out.

Darice often lends a hand to the town's elderly male residents, and some suggest that she longs for a father figure. Otti often asks for the moon in payment, but if he's treated properly, he sometimes settles for much less. Tanner enjoys his tobacco, and merchants often give him tobacco before they negotiate with him as it seems to relax him.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brent Johnson
United States
Cleveland Heights
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
Fleeting memories rise | From the shadows of my mind | Sing "nonomori" - endless corridors | Say "nonomori" - hopeless warriors | You were there | You were there
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Kagebuto says (to anyone who will listen) "Ask if will take furs in trade! From centaurs!"

3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
George Buss
United States
Muncie
Indiana
flag msg tools
"It seems, that is, I may have become, quite by accident, the chosen, what what?"
badge
“Here is my secret. It's quite simple: One sees clearly only with the heart. Anything essential is invisible to the eyes.” ― Antoine de Saint-Exupéry, Petit Prince
Avatar
I say, do we have time to spend at the inn? I wouldn't mind a warm bed and full meal before we hit the seas. This Tanner seems a stout fellow, as does the lady. We might pick up a plug or offer our services if needed.

Assist in diplomacy if there is anything else to learniplomacy 1d20+7 = (7) + 7 = 14
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 268907. ThatFedoraGuy
  • 1d20+7 =
  • (7) + 7 =
  • 14
  • Diplomacy
  • Sun Feb 10, 2013 12:17 am
Deane Beman
United States
Rochester
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Zstelian is able to play up a fatherly nature and charms Darice into taking the party to Escadar for free since she intends to travel there in the morning anyway. You decide to take a room at a local inn that Nester recommends and agree to meet Darice at first light.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brent Johnson
United States
Cleveland Heights
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
Fleeting memories rise | From the shadows of my mind | Sing "nonomori" - endless corridors | Say "nonomori" - hopeless warriors | You were there | You were there
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
dbeman wrote:
You decide to take a room at a local inn that Nester recommends...
Kagebuto says (to anyone who will listen) "Ask if will take furs in trade! From centaurs!"

3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Karpouzian
United States
Waverly
Iowa
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Brent Johnson wrote:
dbeman wrote:
You decide to take a room at a local inn that Nester recommends...
Kagebuto says (to anyone who will listen) "Ask if will take furs in trade! From centaurs!"


Zstelian is able to play up a fatherly nature and charms Darice into taking the party to Escadar for free since she intends to travel there in the morning anyway.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jake Hermance
United States
Arlington
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Faonton

I think I speak Kagebuto... He originally wanted to see if we could trade the furs for the trip, when he found out it was free... he thought maybe to trade the furs for the night at the Inn...
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Karpouzian
United States
Waverly
Iowa
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Hm... Good idea... Definitely worth more than a night's stay in a common room, and some food... Maybe some ale, and maybe some blush... Wait, we're on business.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Deane Beman
United States
Rochester
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Kagebuto had several inquiries about his Centaur crafted furs...unfortunately without a certificate of authenticity no one was willing to take him on his word that they were the real McCoy.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
George Buss
United States
Muncie
Indiana
flag msg tools
"It seems, that is, I may have become, quite by accident, the chosen, what what?"
badge
“Here is my secret. It's quite simple: One sees clearly only with the heart. Anything essential is invisible to the eyes.” ― Antoine de Saint-Exupéry, Petit Prince
Avatar
karpouzian wrote:
Hm... Not, good idea... Definitely worth more than a night's stay in a common room, and some food... Maybe some ale, and maybe some blush... Wait, we're on business.
Say! A fur in the hand is worth two in the... What ho! Game stew! I haven't had a good Stew in... Well, last week really, but it wasn't perhaps the finest I have ever had. Now the finest...
Erwin rattles on about the finest meals, wine, and women he has come to now and completely forgets about the value of furs in trade, much to hos companions relief.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brent Johnson
United States
Cleveland Heights
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
Fleeting memories rise | From the shadows of my mind | Sing "nonomori" - endless corridors | Say "nonomori" - hopeless warriors | You were there | You were there
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Otterjets wrote:
Faonton

I think I speak Kagebuto... He originally wanted to see if we could trade the furs for the trip, when he found out it was free... he thought maybe to trade the furs for the night at the Inn...
Well interpreted!

2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Deane Beman
United States
Rochester
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Escadar is the war port of Absalom, located on the Isle of Erran north of Kortos. It houses Absalom's navy and is strategically placed away from Absalom's treacherous Flotsam Graveyard. Furthermore, those nations intent on blockading Absalom must also deal with Escadar, for word spreads quickly, and Escadar's armada can come to Absalom's aid on short order. Along with the primarily military population, Escadar is also home to many gillmen (or Low Azlanti, as they call themselves). These amphibious humanoids have set up an embassy within the town, and it is with this organization the Pathfinder Society plans to trade Azlanti artifacts. The gillmen have agreed to meet you at at at a waterside tavern called the Grindylow's Goblet.

The sounds of a busy tavern echo off the wooden walls of this unusual building. Resting precariously over Escadar's harbor, the Grindylow's Goblet offers an unequaled view of the water. In the bar's center, a thick glass aquarium presents a striking display. Within the tank, a coral statue of a goblin with the lower body of an octopus hosts a school of colorful fish that flit about the nooks and crannies of its tentacles.

Two human servers busily provide food and drink to the tavern's half-dozen patrons, and a striking woman tends the bar. Kagebuto finally finds someone who is willing to trade for the centaur furs and returns from the bar with a handful of magic beans.
5 
 Thumb up
1.08
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
George Buss
United States
Muncie
Indiana
flag msg tools
"It seems, that is, I may have become, quite by accident, the chosen, what what?"
badge
“Here is my secret. It's quite simple: One sees clearly only with the heart. Anything essential is invisible to the eyes.” ― Antoine de Saint-Exupéry, Petit Prince
Avatar
Erwin takes in the surroundings looking for anything out of the ordinary.

Perception 1d20+6 = (17) + 6 = 23

Satisfied that he knows whats going on, the halfling climbs up on a barstool to chat with the lovely lady.

Diplomacy 1d20+7 = (7) + 7 = 14

What a fountain! What's it's story?

Almost a fail, he adds his adaptable luck to make it 15

He is careful not to tell of their mission, but uses his wiles to learn what kinds of danger may be at hand, what concerns should the party have, and what time she'll be looking for company. After all, he has these amazing... well, beans, now.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 270066. ThatFedoraGuy
  • 1d20+6 =
  • (17) + 6 =
  • 23
  • Perception
  • Sun Feb 10, 2013 2:30 pm
  • [+]
  • 270067. ThatFedoraGuy
  • 1d20+7 =
  • (7) + 7 =
  • 14
  • Diplomacy
  • Sun Feb 10, 2013 2:31 pm
Deane Beman
United States
Rochester
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Seemingly immune to the halfling's charm, Erwin is able to notice that bartender is a gillman, as her tied-back hair exposes the thick gills on both sides of her neck. He is also able to notice that the bottom of the aquarium is made of glass, and offers a view of the harbor waters, which are 10 feet below the glass bottom at the current tide.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
George Buss
United States
Muncie
Indiana
flag msg tools
"It seems, that is, I may have become, quite by accident, the chosen, what what?"
badge
“Here is my secret. It's quite simple: One sees clearly only with the heart. Anything essential is invisible to the eyes.” ― Antoine de Saint-Exupéry, Petit Prince
Avatar
Erwin keeps an eye on the harbor through the aquarium.

Perception + adaptable luck
Perception 1d20+8 = (7) + 8 = 15
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 270195. ThatFedoraGuy
  • 1d20+8 =
  • (7) + 8 =
  • 15
  • Perception
  • Sun Feb 10, 2013 5:24 pm
Jake Hermance
United States
Arlington
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Faonton

with little interest in magic beans or aquariums, Faonton takes a seat in the corner and tries to blend in... as much as a Tiefling can in the middle of gillmen. When one of the servers stops by, he orders himself a drink.

2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Deane Beman
United States
Rochester
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
After you've had a chance to settle in and have a drink or two, the gillman party arrives. The gillman contingent consists of only two Low Azlanti, a man and a woman. The male bears a delicately wrapped bundle of cloth, apparently around the Azlanti relic, while the woman acts as bodyguard.

The gillmen greet you and the man carrying the bundle introduces himself as Shoalo; the other, a muscular female gillman named Ahrmisa, remains silent and stoic. Shoalo sits at a table and puts his package down before offering the seats opposite him to Nester Rees. Ahrmisa stands behind Shoalo, eyeing all of you suspiciously. "Please place your item on the table." Shoalo states, clearly anxious to begin his inspection.

"Before Nester complies does anyone want to sit at the table with him? There is one seat available next to Nester."

Hey look...a map!
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Karpouzian
United States
Waverly
Iowa
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Sure, I'll sit with Nester.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
George Buss
United States
Muncie
Indiana
flag msg tools
"It seems, that is, I may have become, quite by accident, the chosen, what what?"
badge
“Here is my secret. It's quite simple: One sees clearly only with the heart. Anything essential is invisible to the eyes.” ― Antoine de Saint-Exupéry, Petit Prince
Avatar
dbeman wrote:
After you've had a chance to settle in and have a drink or two, the gillman party arrives. The gillman contingent consists of only two Low Azlanti, a man and a woman. The male bears a delicately wrapped bundle of cloth, apparently around the Azlanti relic, while the woman acts as bodyguard.

The gillmen greet you and the man carrying the bundle introduces himself as Shoalo; the other, a muscular female gillman named Ahrmisa, remains silent and stoic. Shoalo sits at a table and puts his package down before offering the seats opposite him to Nester Rees. Ahrmisa stands behind Shoalo, eyeing all of you suspiciously. "Please place your item on the table." Shoalo states, clearly anxious to begin his inspection.

Erwin takes in the new arrivals.

Perception 1d20+6 = (11) + 6 = 17

Something feels off. He can't sense the motive of the two, but maybe Zstellian can.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 270933. ThatFedoraGuy
  • 1d20+6 =
  • (11) + 6 =
  • 17
  • Perception
  • Mon Feb 11, 2013 12:13 am
Daniel Karpouzian
United States
Waverly
Iowa
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
If the other guys have weapons drawn or close at hand, Artemis will do likewise. Also, Sense Motive 1d20+2 = (15) + 2 = 17
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 270965. karpouzian
  • 1d20+2 =
  • (15) + 2 =
  • 17
  • Sense Motive
  • Mon Feb 11, 2013 12:38 am
Deane Beman
United States
Rochester
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
No one has weapons drawn. Both gillmen have spears strapped to their backs.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
[1]  Prev «  4 , 5 , 6 , 7 , 8  Next »  [8] |