Recommend
7 
 Thumb up
 Hide
176 Posts
[1]  Prev «  3 , 4 , 5 , 6 , 7  Next »  [8] | 

Pathfinder Society Scenario 3-00 Intro 3: A Vision of Betrayal» Forums » Play By Forum

Subject: RPGG PFS Guild Game - A Vision of Betrayal [IC] rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Daniel Karpouzian
United States
Waverly
Iowa
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Artemis prepares a nice snow bath for Erwin. He'll take something waterproof, fill it with as much snow as he can carry, have someone whip off Erwin's furs, and then make sure he rises and shines with as much haste as possible
5 
 Thumb up
0.02
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Deane Beman
United States
Rochester
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
With Erwin scrubbed down and a bit on the chilly side, the well rested party breaks camp and moves out of the mountain pass. After only a short while the weather begins to improve. As the pass winds around a large mountain, you come across a light glinting from a ledge some 50 feet above.

For those who make the DC10 climb:

A small statue of a woman complete with a nearby shrine rests on the ledge. The glinting light seen from the path is the sun’s reflection off a number of coins and gems in the shrine’s offering bowl.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jake Hermance
United States
Arlington
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Faonton

"Ahh Climbing, Something I can do" - Faonton scampers up to the ledge.

Climb 1d20+6 = (1) + 6 = 7


Maybe on second thought, I'll let someone else give it a try



sheesh! surprise
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 266699. Otterjets
  • 1d20+6 =
  • (1) + 6 =
  • 7
  • Climb
  • Fri Feb 8, 2013 9:15 pm
Deane Beman
United States
Rochester
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
*cough*Take 10*cough*
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jake Hermance
United States
Arlington
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Ahh... forgot about that rule. Why yes I will take ten... whistle
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brent Johnson
United States
Cleveland Heights
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
Fleeting memories rise | From the shadows of my mind | Sing "nonomori" - endless corridors | Say "nonomori" - hopeless warriors | You were there | You were there
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Kagebuto climbs up (taking 10, of course) and regards the statue with a half-smile. Then he pulls a gold piece out of his belt pouch and tosses it into the bowl. "Is lucky, yes?" he says, and bows deeply to the statue before making his way back down.

3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jake Hermance
United States
Arlington
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Faonton

Gets to the top and looks at the statue, not one to normally believe in good omens, tosses in a gold coin for luck anyway. He then sits down and enjoys the view for a moment, waitint to see if others are coming up also
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
George Buss
United States
Muncie
Indiana
flag msg tools
"It seems, that is, I may have become, quite by accident, the chosen, what what?"
badge
“Here is my secret. It's quite simple: One sees clearly only with the heart. Anything essential is invisible to the eyes.” ― Antoine de Saint-Exupéry, Petit Prince
Avatar
Brent Johnson wrote:
Kagebuto climbs up (taking 10, of course) and regards the statue with a half-smile. Then he pulls a gold piece out of his belt pouch and tosses it into the bowl. "Is lucky, yes?" he says, and bows deeply to the statue before making his way back down.


Erwin cranes his neck to see what is up there. When no one is looking, he stands on his toes. He considers jumping.

Finally his curiosity gets the better of him and he takes 10 and clambers up to see.


Ahh. Never throw money at a woman until you know what kind of woman she is.

Knowledge of some sort that Erwin either has or makes up:Knowledge 1d20 = (15) = 15

2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 266724. ThatFedoraGuy
  • 1d20 =
  • (15) =
  • 15
  • Knowledge
  • Fri Feb 8, 2013 9:40 pm
George Buss
United States
Muncie
Indiana
flag msg tools
"It seems, that is, I may have become, quite by accident, the chosen, what what?"
badge
“Here is my secret. It's quite simple: One sees clearly only with the heart. Anything essential is invisible to the eyes.” ― Antoine de Saint-Exupéry, Petit Prince
Avatar
Erwin squints at the statue trying to remember if he's seen her before.

Using adaptable luck to add 1 to my knowledge roll making it 16
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Internet rage goon
United States
Altadena
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Zstelian eagerly climbs up (taking 10) and examines the shrine.

Knowledge: religion 1d20+5 = (4) + 5 = 9

"I do hope this wasn't placed here because we're going to need the luck coming up!"
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 266746. vestige
  • 1d20+5 =
  • (4) + 5 =
  • 9
  • Knowledge: religion
  • Fri Feb 8, 2013 9:54 pm
Liam Mooney
England
Chester
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Alron removes his armour and climbs up (taking 10). He places 5 gold pieces on the shrine.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Deane Beman
United States
Rochester
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Erwin recognizes the figure in the statue as Lady Kayle, a Taldan adventurer who sacrificed herself so her comrades could defeat the great dragon Maejerex, who terrorized the Isle of Kortos until 4592 ar.

Those who have placed coins in the offering bowl report a feeling of pleasant warmth after doing so.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Internet rage goon
United States
Altadena
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Once he is assured that the statue is not depicting a succubus bent on possessing their souls, Zstelian places 2 gold pieces in the bowl, bows, and says a brief prayer to Desna for the woman's soul.

Then he realizes it was Erwin who claimed to know who this was, so he says another, more generic prayer...just in case that story wasn't quite true.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
George Buss
United States
Muncie
Indiana
flag msg tools
"It seems, that is, I may have become, quite by accident, the chosen, what what?"
badge
“Here is my secret. It's quite simple: One sees clearly only with the heart. Anything essential is invisible to the eyes.” ― Antoine de Saint-Exupéry, Petit Prince
Avatar
Erwin places a gold in the bowl and another with a prayer for the safety of their ward, Nestor.

For his safety, M'lady.

His hand pauses for a moment over the jewels in the bowl but the thought passes. Stealing from shrines has never worked out well for the halfling.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Karpouzian
United States
Waverly
Iowa
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Artemis takes off his armor, makes the brief climb slowly, and carefully (taking ten), and when he arrives he seems skeptical.

Well, I guess it isn't a treasure to some sort of god or anything, so why not. Some beggar will be happy when he finds this money... Artemis throws 1gp into the shrine's offering bowl... He looks back at the money he left once, shrugs, then climbs back down, and redons his armor.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Deane Beman
United States
Rochester
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Feeling good about their contribution to the Shrine of Lady Kayle the group continues down the mountain pass and through an boggy area dense with trees. Thick blobs of fog dance in between large tickets as the foul stench of swamp gas pollutes the air. Several exotic species of vines twist along the vapor-shrouded path, creating an ethereal seeming tangle. At random intervals, a splash of fetid water sounds in the distance, signaling the presence of frogs or other bog creatures.

A large log rests across a dirt path, standing five feet tall. A moldering wood door covers one of the hollow ends of the log, and a makeshift mud chimney emits a thin wisp of blue smoke. From behind the crude house come the sound of someone humming an off-key tune.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
George Buss
United States
Muncie
Indiana
flag msg tools
"It seems, that is, I may have become, quite by accident, the chosen, what what?"
badge
“Here is my secret. It's quite simple: One sees clearly only with the heart. Anything essential is invisible to the eyes.” ― Antoine de Saint-Exupéry, Petit Prince
Avatar
I say, I can scout ahead and see what is to be seen. I can look at what's giving that cursed humming. Look in a window if there is one. Be right back!

Stealth 1d20 + 12 = (16) + 12 = 28
Perception 1d20 + 6 = (6) + 6 = 12

Erwin returns with news.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 267590. ThatFedoraGuy
  • 1d20 + 12 =
  • (16) + 12 =
  • 28
  • Stealth
  • Sat Feb 9, 2013 1:32 pm
  • [+]
  • 267593. ThatFedoraGuy
  • 1d20 + 6 =
  • (6) + 6 =
  • 12
  • Perception
  • Sat Feb 9, 2013 1:33 pm
Deane Beman
United States
Rochester
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Sneaker than he is observant, Erwin returns to the party with news of a female kobold tending to a patch of green-flowered thistles near her fallen log house, busily hunching over each plant, speaking in to them as if she were praising a small child for good behavior, occasionally humming a little song to herself as she tends to her garden.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Karpouzian
United States
Waverly
Iowa
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
"Uh, crazy kobold lady... Can we go around her?" Artemis says, wondering.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brent Johnson
United States
Cleveland Heights
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
Fleeting memories rise | From the shadows of my mind | Sing "nonomori" - endless corridors | Say "nonomori" - hopeless warriors | You were there | You were there
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Kagebuto says, "Not crazy, maybe! Druid, maybe!" He looks at the surrounding bog and says "Finding other path could be difficult, maybe."

Perception 1d20+1 = (6) + 1 = 7
Survival 1d20 = (20) = 20

2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 267786. Brent Johnson
  • 1d20+1 =
  • (6) + 1 =
  • 7
  • Perception
  • Sat Feb 9, 2013 3:36 pm
  • [+]
  • 267787. Brent Johnson
  • 1d20 =
  • (20) =
  • 20
  • Survival
  • Sat Feb 9, 2013 3:37 pm
Deane Beman
United States
Rochester
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Kagebuto feels as though he could lead the group around the kobold and her fallen log home; although it would take twice as long as it would if you follow the path. There is still a chance that the kobold could notice you as you pass; however she seems quite focused on her garden.

Nester tells you that Pier's End is not that far from where you are and that its possible to make it there by days end if you don't dally.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Internet rage goon
United States
Altadena
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
"It seems unlikely that this kobold is some sort of great threat to travelers. But it seems quite likely she may know quite a lot about this area. I am in favor of speaking with her as we continue on our way," Zstelian whispers to the others.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brent Johnson
United States
Cleveland Heights
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
Fleeting memories rise | From the shadows of my mind | Sing "nonomori" - endless corridors | Say "nonomori" - hopeless warriors | You were there | You were there
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Kagebuto says, "What we need to know about area? We just pass through!"

4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jake Hermance
United States
Arlington
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Faonton

"I agree, Let's just pass around the other way and leave her alone. The sooner we can get out of this swamp, the better."
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Internet rage goon
United States
Altadena
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
"Perhaps that is the best course, and I will go along with it if you all agree. But if we hadn't been tipped off by the centaurs, that cat beast would probably have frightened more of us than just poor Alron," Zstelian says, with a nudge to the cavalier. "I hope there aren't any similar surprises waiting for us in this bog."
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
[1]  Prev «  3 , 4 , 5 , 6 , 7  Next »  [8] |