Recommend
7 
 Thumb up
 Hide
176 Posts
[1]  Prev «  1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [8] | 

Pathfinder Society Scenario 3-00 Intro 3: A Vision of Betrayal» Forums » Play By Forum

Subject: RPGG PFS Guild Game - A Vision of Betrayal [IC] rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
George Buss
United States
Muncie
Indiana
flag msg tools
"It seems, that is, I may have become, quite by accident, the chosen, what what?"
badge
“Here is my secret. It's quite simple: One sees clearly only with the heart. Anything essential is invisible to the eyes.” ― Antoine de Saint-Exupéry, Petit Prince
Avatar
dbeman wrote:
Map

I assume you mean this map...I've placed the bear trap but feel free to move it to a different position if you want. Oh...and ignore the title of the map. Nothing but puppies and unicorns in these woods!

Might I suggest we light a second fire in the middle of the clearing to the west of camp and move the trap to the south entrance of the camp. It's obvious that this cat is intelligent and does not like to be seen. It will choose the darker entrance if it doesn't come through the treetops.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Karpouzian
United States
Waverly
Iowa
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
You are correct, and ask Erwin if that is the best spot.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Deane Beman
United States
Rochester
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Artemis and Erwin's watch passes without incident; and Erwin manages to work of the beginning of a new composition on his harmonica. Faonton and Kagebuto pass the time by keeping a hyper vigilant watch; yet the only rustling in the brush is caused by the wind.

Krenshar Stealth 1d20+10 = (5) + 10 = 15, Krenshar Perception 1d20+5 = (18) + 5 = 23
Alron Perception 1d20 = (5) = 5, Zstelian Perception 1d20+4 = (8) + 4 = 12
1=A, 2=Z 1d2 = (1) = 1

Krenshar spots the bear trap and easily navigates around it and stalks toward Alron and Zstelian. Alron feels the hair on the back of his neck stand up and turns around quickly and sees a giant black cat about 15 feet away. An eerily high pitched scream wakes up the entire party as the cat pulls the skin back from its face, revealing the musculature and bony structures of its skull. Alron is frightened for 4 rounds.

Alron's Will Save 1d20+1 = (3) + 1 = 4, 1d4 = (4) = 4
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 262615. dbeman
  • 1d20+10 =
  • (5) + 10 =
  • 15
  • Krenshar Stealth
  • Thu Feb 7, 2013 2:52 am
  • [+]
  • 262617. dbeman
  • 1d20+5 =
  • (18) + 5 =
  • 23
  • Krenshar Perception
  • Thu Feb 7, 2013 2:52 am
  • [+]
  • 262620. dbeman
  • 1d20 =
  • (5) =
  • 5
  • Alron Perception
  • Thu Feb 7, 2013 2:54 am
  • [+]
  • 262621. dbeman
  • 1d20+4 =
  • (8) + 4 =
  • 12
  • Zstelian Perception
  • Thu Feb 7, 2013 2:54 am
  • [+]
  • 262628. dbeman
  • 1d2 =
  • (1) =
  • 1
  • 1=A, 2=Z
  • Thu Feb 7, 2013 2:56 am
  • [+]
  • 262638. dbeman
  • 1d20+1 =
  • (3) + 1 =
  • 4
  • Alron's Will Save
  • Thu Feb 7, 2013 3:02 am
  • [+]
  • 262640. dbeman
  • 1d4 =
  • (4) =
  • 4
  • Thu Feb 7, 2013 3:03 am
Deane Beman
United States
Rochester
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Initiative

Erwin 1d20+5 = (17) + 5 = 22
Alron 1d20+4 = (17) + 4 = 21
Nester 1d20+1 = (20) + 1 = 21
Artemis 1d20+6 = (12) + 6 = 18
Kagebuto 1d20+3 = (12) + 3 = 15
Zstelian 1d20+1 = (13) + 1 = 14
Faonton 1d20+3 = (9) + 3 = 12
Krensar 1d20+6 = (2) + 6 = 8

Round 1

Erwin - Prone
Alron - Frightened
Nester - Prone
Artemis - Prone
Kagebuto - Prone
Zstelian
Faonton - Prone
Krenshar

I'm going to assume that everyone who is sleeping will spend the first round waking up and gathering their weapons. If you'd prefer to hide under your bedrolls please say so. Zstelian may act before the Krenshar.


4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 262646. dbeman
  • 1d20+6 =
  • (12) + 6 =
  • 18
  • Artemis
  • Thu Feb 7, 2013 3:07 am
  • [+]
  • 262647. dbeman
  • 1d20+3 =
  • (12) + 3 =
  • 15
  • Kagebuto
  • Thu Feb 7, 2013 3:07 am
  • [+]
  • 262648. dbeman
  • 1d20+4 =
  • (17) + 4 =
  • 21
  • Alron
  • Thu Feb 7, 2013 3:08 am
  • [+]
  • 262649. dbeman
  • 1d20+3 =
  • (9) + 3 =
  • 12
  • Faonton
  • Thu Feb 7, 2013 3:08 am
  • [+]
  • 262651. dbeman
  • 1d20+1 =
  • (13) + 1 =
  • 14
  • Zstelian
  • Thu Feb 7, 2013 3:09 am
  • [+]
  • 262652. dbeman
  • 1d20+5 =
  • (17) + 5 =
  • 22
  • Erwin
  • Thu Feb 7, 2013 3:09 am
  • [+]
  • 262653. dbeman
  • 1d20+1 =
  • (20) + 1 =
  • 21
  • Nester
  • Thu Feb 7, 2013 3:10 am
  • [+]
  • 262654. dbeman
  • 1d20+6 =
  • (2) + 6 =
  • 8
  • Krensar
  • Thu Feb 7, 2013 3:10 am
Internet rage goon
United States
Altadena
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Zstelian looks at the beast. Then looks at his groggy, mostly defenseless comrades. Then at Alrond's back, tearing off into the distance.

He then swears loudly and quite fluently, impressing even Erwin, before whispering a quick prayer to Desna and gripping his staff with two hands.

Stand his ground, and ready an action to knock the thing on the nose if it approaches.

If necessary:

staff strike 1d20 = (18) = 18 dmg 1d6 = (4) = 4
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 262761. vestige
  • 1d20 =
  • (18) =
  • 18
  • staff strike
  • Thu Feb 7, 2013 7:38 am
  • [+]
  • 262762. vestige
  • 1d6 =
  • (4) =
  • 4
  • dmg
  • Thu Feb 7, 2013 7:38 am
Deane Beman
United States
Rochester
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
The Krenshar moves up swiftly and gnashes his teeth at Faonton, but with a well timed whack on the head he manages to fight off the beast.1d20+2 = (6) + 2 = 8, 1d6 = (1) = 1

Everyone is up!


Round 2

Erwin
Alron - Frightened
Nester
Artemis
Kagebuto
Zstelian
Faonton
Krenshar
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 262812. dbeman
  • 1d20+2 =
  • (6) + 2 =
  • 8
  • Thu Feb 7, 2013 10:13 am
  • [+]
  • 262813. dbeman
  • 1d6 =
  • (1) =
  • 1
  • Thu Feb 7, 2013 10:13 am
George Buss
United States
Muncie
Indiana
flag msg tools
"It seems, that is, I may have become, quite by accident, the chosen, what what?"
badge
“Here is my secret. It's quite simple: One sees clearly only with the heart. Anything essential is invisible to the eyes.” ― Antoine de Saint-Exupéry, Petit Prince
Avatar
Can Erwin stay in his bedroll and cast sleep on his last action? So it rolls our now?

When you said we were all waking up, I thought you meant we would need to actually wake up and then this turn stand up. If Erwin was awake enough, then casting sleep is what he'd do.

3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Deane Beman
United States
Rochester
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
You can start casting sleep this round. I'm imagining everyone who was asleep prior to round 1 starting would need to spend the first round standing up and or getting their bearings before having the wherewithal to start performing actions.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Liam Mooney
England
Chester
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Alron flees from the Krenshar. Remembering last minute to try and jump over the trap. Acrobatics 1d20+2 = (12) + 2 = 14 (assuming not armoured at night)
He also calls his mount Astror to attack the creature. (not on map and can't edit from work).

Handle Animal 1d20+13 = (19) + 13 = 32
Bite 1d20+5 = (2) + 5 = 7 dmg: 1d4+4 = (3) + 4 = 7

Will be 5 ft from creature due to reach.
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 262936. LMooney
  • 1d20+2 =
  • (12) + 2 =
  • 14
  • Thu Feb 7, 2013 1:22 pm
  • [+]
  • 262941. LMooney
  • 1d20+13 =
  • (19) + 13 =
  • 32
  • Thu Feb 7, 2013 1:23 pm
  • [+]
  • 262942. LMooney
  • 1d20+5 =
  • (2) + 5 =
  • 7
  • Thu Feb 7, 2013 1:24 pm
  • [+]
  • 262943. LMooney
  • 1d4+4 =
  • (3) + 4 =
  • 7
  • Thu Feb 7, 2013 1:24 pm
Daniel Karpouzian
United States
Waverly
Iowa
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Artemis, disgusted by the creature's face, attempts to put two arrows into it.
Shot 1 1d20+5 = (16) + 5 = 21Shot 2 1d20+5 = (19) + 5 = 24
Shot 1 1d8+2 = (5) + 2 = 7Shot 2 1d8+2 = (8) + 2 = 10

I know Nestor goes first...
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 262950. karpouzian
  • 1d20+5 =
  • (16) + 5 =
  • 21
  • Shot 1
  • Thu Feb 7, 2013 1:29 pm
  • [+]
  • 262951. karpouzian
  • 1d20+5 =
  • (19) + 5 =
  • 24
  • Shot 2
  • Thu Feb 7, 2013 1:30 pm
  • [+]
  • 262956. karpouzian
  • 1d8+2 =
  • (5) + 2 =
  • 7
  • Shot 1
  • Thu Feb 7, 2013 1:30 pm
  • [+]
  • 262957. karpouzian
  • 1d8+2 =
  • (8) + 2 =
  • 10
  • Shot 2
  • Thu Feb 7, 2013 1:30 pm
George Buss
United States
Muncie
Indiana
flag msg tools
"It seems, that is, I may have become, quite by accident, the chosen, what what?"
badge
“Here is my secret. It's quite simple: One sees clearly only with the heart. Anything essential is invisible to the eyes.” ― Antoine de Saint-Exupéry, Petit Prince
Avatar
Erwin casts Sleep on the creature.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Deane Beman
United States
Rochester
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Erwin starts to case a spell as Nestor gathers his cane and walks as briskly as he can away from the Krenshar. Artemis moves closer to the fray and takes a shot, burying an arrow deep into its hind quarters.You need to move first so only one shot this round.

Alron flees from the cat You were on watch so I'm going to assume you would be fully equiped; however the trap is placed in the opposite clearing so there's no need to avoid it. He urges Astor forward to attack the Krenshar; who dodges the horse's bite with ease.

Kagebuto, Zstelian & Faonton before the Krenshar.
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jake Hermance
United States
Arlington
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Faonton

Waking up slowly and not seeing the Krenshar yet Notice that thing didn't come on my watch, and where is Alron going? Scared of a little kitty? turning towards it, he jumps back, "Oh My!"


after gathering himself, Faonton casts Daze on the kitty. DC14 - Will
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Karpouzian
United States
Waverly
Iowa
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
"I think the cat got his tongue..." Artemis says, while preparing his next barrage of arrows.
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brent Johnson
United States
Cleveland Heights
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
Fleeting memories rise | From the shadows of my mind | Sing "nonomori" - endless corridors | Say "nonomori" - hopeless warriors | You were there | You were there
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Kagebuto rolls to his feet, longsword at the ready. "Ah! Is not ordinary cat!"

Knowledge (Nature/Planes) 1d20+5 = (3) + 5 = 8

5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 263401. Brent Johnson
  • 1d20+5 =
  • (3) + 5 =
  • 8
  • Knowledge (Nature/Planes)
  • Thu Feb 7, 2013 5:08 pm
Jake Hermance
United States
Arlington
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Faonton


"Ah, well then I have wasted my time as I usually do on these adventures, One day I will be of use"


if possible:

Knowledge (Arcana) 1d20+8 = (20) + 8 = 28
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 263430. Otterjets
  • 1d20+8 =
  • (20) + 8 =
  • 28
  • Knowledge (Arcana)
  • Thu Feb 7, 2013 5:17 pm
Deane Beman
United States
Rochester
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Otterjets wrote:
Faonton


"Ah, well then I have wasted my time as I usually do on these adventures, One day I will be of use"


if possible:

Otterjets previously rolled 1d20+8 = (20) + 8 = 28 (Knowledge (Arcana) )

Your previous action hasn't been resolved yet...still waiting on Zstelian. It could still work...
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Internet rage goon
United States
Altadena
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Now that his companions are awake to support him, Zstelian steps forward to thwack the cat again!

Staff 1d20 = (7) = 7 dmg 1d6 = (3) = 3
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 263517. vestige
  • 1d20 =
  • (7) =
  • 7
  • Staff
  • Thu Feb 7, 2013 5:51 pm
  • [+]
  • 263518. vestige
  • 1d6 =
  • (3) =
  • 3
  • dmg
  • Thu Feb 7, 2013 5:51 pm
Deane Beman
United States
Rochester
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
The kitty sidesteps Zstelian's staff and looks quizzically at Faonton momentarily but manages to avoid the full effects of the spell. Kagebuto can't quite place what is different about this cat, while Faonton recalls that such cats are able to retract its skin to frighten its prey (as is evidenced by Alron's reaction) and that they possess a level of intelligence not typically seen by your average predatory feline.

Will vs. Daze 1d20+1 = (15) + 1 = 16

Sensing Astor as a threat the Krenshar leaps forward and attacks. Luckily Astor's barding protects him from the blows.

Bite 1d20+2 = (8) + 2 = 10, 1d6 = (2) = 2
Claw 1d20+2 = (9) + 2 = 11, 1d4 = (4) = 4
Claw 1d20+2 = (7) + 2 = 9, 1d4 = (1) = 1

As Erwin finishes casting his spell...

Will 1d20+1 = (7) + 1 = 8

...the Krenshar falls asleep just as the centaurs gallop in.

"We heard the screech and tracked you to this spot." The centaur chief addresses you before nodding to one of the other centaurs whose longsword puts an end the the Krenshar's life. "Our forest is safer this day because of you. Please accept these gifts as a token of our gratitude. The mountain pass ahead can be quite cold this time of year...you may need these to survive the night." He hands you several fur pelts as the others gather the carcass of the Krenshar.

"Safe travels friends...and know that you are always welcome in these woods." With that they gallop off deeper into the forest as the sun rises to introduce you to a new day.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 263674. dbeman
  • 1d20+1 =
  • (15) + 1 =
  • 16
  • Will vs. Daze
  • Thu Feb 7, 2013 6:49 pm
  • [+]
  • 263692. dbeman
  • 1d20+2 =
  • (8) + 2 =
  • 10
  • Bite
  • Thu Feb 7, 2013 6:55 pm
  • [+]
  • 263694. dbeman
  • 1d6 =
  • (2) =
  • 2
  • Thu Feb 7, 2013 6:55 pm
  • [+]
  • 263697. dbeman
  • 1d20+2 =
  • (9) + 2 =
  • 11
  • Claw
  • Thu Feb 7, 2013 6:55 pm
  • [+]
  • 263698. dbeman
  • 1d20+2 =
  • (7) + 2 =
  • 9
  • Claw
  • Thu Feb 7, 2013 6:55 pm
  • [+]
  • 263699. dbeman
  • 1d4 =
  • (4) =
  • 4
  • Thu Feb 7, 2013 6:56 pm
  • [+]
  • 263700. dbeman
  • 1d4 =
  • (1) =
  • 1
  • Thu Feb 7, 2013 6:56 pm
  • [+]
  • 263706. dbeman
  • 1d20+1 =
  • (7) + 1 =
  • 8
  • Will
  • Thu Feb 7, 2013 6:57 pm
Daniel Karpouzian
United States
Waverly
Iowa
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Artemis looks at the furs him and some of the others are wearing, and the outfit made especially for cold weather, looks at the 'gifts' the centaurs left, and waves as they leave. "Uh, thanks..." Artemis says, less then enthusiastically.
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brent Johnson
United States
Cleveland Heights
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
Fleeting memories rise | From the shadows of my mind | Sing "nonomori" - endless corridors | Say "nonomori" - hopeless warriors | You were there | You were there
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Kagebuto examines the pile of furs with an uneducated yet critical eye. "Nice condition! Expensive, maybe?"

4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
George Buss
United States
Muncie
Indiana
flag msg tools
"It seems, that is, I may have become, quite by accident, the chosen, what what?"
badge
“Here is my secret. It's quite simple: One sees clearly only with the heart. Anything essential is invisible to the eyes.” ― Antoine de Saint-Exupéry, Petit Prince
Avatar
Erwin picks up two of the furs.

I was just thinking that the ground was a little hard. Well, after that excitement, I'm headed back for another 20 minutes shuteye. Anyone else? I can cast sleep on you if you need it.

Those centaurs know when to show up, don't they?


He winks at Alron before settling back in for just a few minutes more rest.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Karpouzian
United States
Waverly
Iowa
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Artemis will spend the next 20 minutes tossing tiny pebbles onto any exposed parts of Erwin's body that aren't covered by blankets/furs/etc.
2 
 Thumb up
0.02
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Deane Beman
United States
Rochester
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Kagebuto mimics the Krenshar's screech finally startling Erwin awake after his "20 more minutes" turned into nearly an hour of snoring away while the rest of the party broke camp. After checking his trousers for a deposit Erwin gathers his belongings and the party sets out for the mountain pass.

The travel is uneventful but for the sudden drop in temperature and increasing amounts of accumulated snow. As night is about the fall the party spies a covered wagon half buried in the snow. Investigation of the wagon uncovers three frozen humans who have obviously succumbed to cold exposure. These explorers foolishly attempted to cross the mountain pass during the cold season and paid with their lives. Fortunately the weather is not as cold now, but Nester reports that during the night the temperature may drop low enough to be of concern. Luckily the wagon has a wood-burning stove and enough wood to burn throughout the night. Additionally the unprepared morbid among the party can strip the bodies free of the cold weather outfits for their own use.

The wagon can hold 5 of you at a time...which means that two of you will be out in the cold. The hours of concern are the four hours between 1am and 5am when the temperature is cold enough to cause non-lethal damage on a failed Fort save.

I'm going to assume that between your carried gear, the dead bodies and the furs given to you by the centaurs that everyone has a cold weather outfit. I'm also going to assume that you light the fire inside the wagon. Anyone who is trained in Survival please make a DC15 check at any time before my next update.

For ease and expedience I'll make all of the Fort rolls...all I need to know is which of you will be outside of the wagon between 1am and 5am...obviously you can share this responsibility by rotating different characters in and out of the wagon at strategic intervals.


2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
George Buss
United States
Muncie
Indiana
flag msg tools
"It seems, that is, I may have become, quite by accident, the chosen, what what?"
badge
“Here is my secret. It's quite simple: One sees clearly only with the heart. Anything essential is invisible to the eyes.” ― Antoine de Saint-Exupéry, Petit Prince
Avatar
I'll be using day 2's adaptable luck (+2 to a roll) on my fort saves. Also, I have furs and a cold outfit - those stack right?
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
[1]  Prev «  1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [8] |