Recommend
7 
 Thumb up
 Hide
176 Posts
[1]  Prev «  1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [8] | 

Pathfinder Society Scenario 3-00 Intro 3: A Vision of Betrayal» Forums » Play By Forum

Subject: RPGG PFS Guild Game - A Vision of Betrayal [IC] rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Internet rage goon
United States
Altadena
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
"Indeed, we thank you for the warning! We shall be on our guard." Zstelian looks at Rees and makes sure that he travels in the center of the group at all times.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
George Buss
United States
Muncie
Indiana
flag msg tools
"It seems, that is, I may have become, quite by accident, the chosen, what what?"
badge
“Here is my secret. It's quite simple: One sees clearly only with the heart. Anything essential is invisible to the eyes.” ― Antoine de Saint-Exupéry, Petit Prince
Avatar
While the others may have no problem dispensing with a cat, Erwin considers meeting the feline to be a thrill. The challenges faced so far have been fitting for such brave adventurers, and he has enjoyed his time so far. So much better than the uninspired moments he had been having trying to pay off his debts. Not quite as inspired as the moments he had in making them, however.

He absently looks over his recently purchase goods. Cold gear, furs, and rations for a few days.

He thinks through his spells and wonders if he left anything behind that he would need this trip.

3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Deane Beman
United States
Rochester
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
It is near nightfall and the sound of running water echoes ahead, and several muted beams of light pierce the thick forest canopy. Soon the dense forest opens, revealing a river that blocks the way forward. A large felled tree trunk offers a way over the swift moving river. With the exception of the rushing sound of the water, an eerie silence pervades the area, as does the fresh smell of death.

The half-eaten carcass of a large deer stains the forest's foliage near a fast moving river. Several rake marks scar the carcass, suggesting a powerful feline felled this animal. Fresh paw indentations in the forest's dirt floor leading to a large oak tree trunk that bridges the gap over the river.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Karpouzian
United States
Waverly
Iowa
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, this fits the definition of killing for fun. Clawed up the body, didn't even stay to eat or protect its kill. Artemis knocks an arrow, Scanning 1d20+7 = (5) + 7 = 12 in all directions, especially up.
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 258800. karpouzian
  • 1d20+7 =
  • (5) + 7 =
  • 12
  • Scanning
  • Tue Feb 5, 2013 1:52 pm
Liam Mooney
England
Chester
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Alron draws a chakram, ready to launch it at any threats.
Perception 1d20 = (18) = 18
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 259129. LMooney
  • 1d20 =
  • (18) =
  • 18
  • Tue Feb 5, 2013 6:29 pm
George Buss
United States
Muncie
Indiana
flag msg tools
"It seems, that is, I may have become, quite by accident, the chosen, what what?"
badge
“Here is my secret. It's quite simple: One sees clearly only with the heart. Anything essential is invisible to the eyes.” ― Antoine de Saint-Exupéry, Petit Prince
Avatar
Erwin pauses mid speech that no one was listening to anyway.

Here, kitty, kitty, kitty...

He stares at the pawprints trying to determine where they end. Did the cat go down the ravine, into the trees, or across the tree trunk onto the other side?

Perception With Adaptable luck (3/day)Perception + Adaptable Luck 1d20 +8 = (19) + 8 = 27

Oh my...
3 
 Thumb up
0.01
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 259143. ThatFedoraGuy
  • 1d20 +8 =
  • (19) + 8 =
  • 27
  • Perception + Adaptable Luck
  • Tue Feb 5, 2013 6:39 pm
Deane Beman
United States
Rochester
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Alron and Artemis don't see anything as they scan the woods...but Erwin spots two glowing violet eyes among the trees. Almost sensing Erwin's awareness the eyes disappear as a dark, shadowy figure turns and runs deeper into the woods.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
George Buss
United States
Muncie
Indiana
flag msg tools
"It seems, that is, I may have become, quite by accident, the chosen, what what?"
badge
“Here is my secret. It's quite simple: One sees clearly only with the heart. Anything essential is invisible to the eyes.” ― Antoine de Saint-Exupéry, Petit Prince
Avatar
Did you... Did you see that? I saw the eyes. Violet. She ran down that way!

Erwin points to where he saw the cat go, if you can call that thing a cat.

His eyes were about this far apart! He must have been about this big! Erwin shows with his hands what he saw.

I say, that creature would make a fine rug, I'm sure.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Karpouzian
United States
Waverly
Iowa
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Artemis, clearly not believing the excitable halfling does all but pat Erwin on the head. It's ok, Erwin, we'll be fine. We were told if we encountered this creature that we should kill it... Well, we haven't encountered it yet. And what, you said her name was Violet?
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brent Johnson
United States
Cleveland Heights
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
Fleeting memories rise | From the shadows of my mind | Sing "nonomori" - endless corridors | Say "nonomori" - hopeless warriors | You were there | You were there
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Kagebuto says, "Our path requires to cross this fallen tree, yes? Now cat is behind us, yes? So we go forward, maybe? Keep watch behind us?"

4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Internet rage goon
United States
Altadena
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
"Yes, let us hurry - Artemis, you cross first and then cover the rest of us. Alrond, I suggest you and I guard the rear until the others are over."
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jake Hermance
United States
Arlington
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Faonton

"I hate Cats, I really do"

Faonton follows behind Artemis and Draws his Rapier.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Karpouzian
United States
Waverly
Iowa
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Artemis crosses, toe over toe, careful, watching, slowly. When if Artemis makes it across, he will cover the rest as they come over.
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Deane Beman
United States
Rochester
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Although Zstelian and Alron require some extra time and a bit of assistance, everyone else (takes 10 on Acrobatics) and makes it across the river; by which time there is just enough daylight left to safely make camp for the night.

Will you be setting up a watch schedule...or do you think the kitty just wants to cuddle? laugh
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Karpouzian
United States
Waverly
Iowa
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
six hours sleep, 2 men every 2 hours? I'll take first watch with Erwin. Artemis states.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Liam Mooney
England
Chester
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I can take second watch
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
George Buss
United States
Muncie
Indiana
flag msg tools
"It seems, that is, I may have become, quite by accident, the chosen, what what?"
badge
“Here is my secret. It's quite simple: One sees clearly only with the heart. Anything essential is invisible to the eyes.” ― Antoine de Saint-Exupéry, Petit Prince
Avatar
karpouzian wrote:
six hours sleep, 2 men every 2 hours? I'll take first watch with Erwin. Artemis states.

Erwin nods to Artemis.

Absolutely, though I must admit, I'm not sure I'll be able to sleep much with the excitement at hand.

Does anyone know much about the hunting habits of these kinds of large cats? I've never been much for the study of biology. Human physiology on the other hand is a Fascinating subject and one I study for pleasure.


Erwin pauses for a moment, remember a particularly enjoyable... study.

Ahh, right, now, about setting some traps for our little kitty. Anyone? It just so happens that I happen to have this bear trap!

Erwin reaches into his bag to find it.

Well Prepared DC 12 (10+gp cost for Bear Trap) Sleight of Hand 1d20+8 = (14) + 8 = 22

Ahh, I knew I remembered to pack that!
2 
 Thumb up
0.01
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 259741. ThatFedoraGuy
  • 1d20+8 =
  • (14) + 8 =
  • 22
  • Sleight of Hand
  • Wed Feb 6, 2013 12:03 am
George Buss
United States
Muncie
Indiana
flag msg tools
"It seems, that is, I may have become, quite by accident, the chosen, what what?"
badge
“Here is my secret. It's quite simple: One sees clearly only with the heart. Anything essential is invisible to the eyes.” ― Antoine de Saint-Exupéry, Petit Prince
Avatar
Perhaps if we setup camp in such a way that kitty will need to pass over the area we set the trap in? Maybe on the log over the river? I really have no knowledge of these things. Can't even remember why I packed this.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Karpouzian
United States
Waverly
Iowa
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Can I take 20 on a survival check to find a spot in the woods that would only allow one entrance?
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Deane Beman
United States
Rochester
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
You can...but that doesn't necessarily mean you'll find one. Also you're dealing with a jungle cat. If it spots the trap, its going to jump over it!
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
George Buss
United States
Muncie
Indiana
flag msg tools
"It seems, that is, I may have become, quite by accident, the chosen, what what?"
badge
“Here is my secret. It's quite simple: One sees clearly only with the heart. Anything essential is invisible to the eyes.” ― Antoine de Saint-Exupéry, Petit Prince
Avatar
Just a clarification: we crossed the river, and left the cat on the other side, right? How far from the tree bridge is our camp?

And if we can camo the trap, we should.

It's not a great idea, but it's an idea.

1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Deane Beman
United States
Rochester
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Let me throw some maps up...you're actually on the same side of the river as the cat at this point.

 


You crossed at the log..when you got to the other side Erwin saw the cat in the trees. You could camp here...the smell of rotting deer carcass is a little less on this side of the river, or...

 


...if you set up camp a little bit north of the river you'll be in this area.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Karpouzian
United States
Waverly
Iowa
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
We'll set up camp in the ne corner. Looks defensible enough.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Internet rage goon
United States
Altadena
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
OK with me. For watches, how about:

Artemis/Erwin
Faonton/Kagebuto
Alrond/Zstelian

I think Faonton has darkvision, that's why I put him in the middle.
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Deane Beman
United States
Rochester
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Map

I assume you mean this map...I've placed the bear trap but feel free to move it to a different position if you want. Oh...and ignore the title of the map. Nothing but puppies and unicorns in these woods!
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
[1]  Prev «  1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [8] |