Deane Beman
United States
Rochester
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This is the OOC thread for one of our offical RPG Geek Pathfinder Society Games. Click here to learn how you can join the guild and take part in our regular offering of sanctioned Pathfinder Society games!

Our cast of characters:

Character Player Class/Level PFS #

Artemis karpouzian Fighter (1) 68635-2
Faonton otterjets Magus (1) 66260-2
Kagebuto Brent Johnson Lore Warden(1) 55886-4
Zstelian Rynov vestige Cleric (1) 69322-1
Alron Lmooney Cavalier (1) 38366-5
Erwin ThatFedoraGuy Bard (1) 57945-2

Quick link to IC thread.
Quick link to Character Depository.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Internet rage goon
United States
Altadena
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
A Vision of Betrayal...that sounds like an ominous title!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Deane Beman
United States
Rochester
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes...it signifies that you should be distrustful of someone. Presumably the half naked man with the spear on the cover!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Deane Beman
United States
Rochester
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
...and while this one certainly has its fair share of combat, its a little more conducive to PbP play than Part 2. Its difficult to make dungeon crawls interesting in PbP. (Onto the next room. Yikes better roll initiative...there's a monster in here! Yeah you killed it! On to the next room. Yikes better roll initiative...)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brent Johnson
United States
Cleveland Heights
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
Fleeting memories rise | From the shadows of my mind | Sing "nonomori" - endless corridors | Say "nonomori" - hopeless warriors | You were there | You were there
mbmbmbmbmb
I think I gotta disagree here. Part 2 was a fun and interesting dungeon romp! Thanks for running it, Deane!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Deane Beman
United States
Rochester
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Glad to hear you liked Part 2...I'm never quite sure if I'm entertaining enough with the Dungeon Delves.

...and the initial gameplay posts are up for Part 3. Feel free to head on on over and have a snack while we wait for others to finalize their purchases and post their new stat blocks. We'll get started officially on Friday morning or when everyone is ready...whichever comes first.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Internet rage goon
United States
Altadena
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I agree, it was a fun little dungeon, especially for an intro/ Rocky was a big part of that, but also the elemental theme came through well.

Thanks for running it!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Internet rage goon
United States
Altadena
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
FYI, we have house guests this weekend, so my access will be pretty spotty until Tuesday. I'll try to keep up.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
George Buss
United States
Muncie
Indiana
flag msg tools
"It seems, that is, I may have become, quite by accident, the chosen, what what?"
badge
“Here is my secret. It's quite simple: One sees clearly only with the heart. Anything essential is invisible to the eyes.” ― Antoine de Saint-Exupéry, Petit Prince
I didn't see the new thread!

Here i am!!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
George Buss
United States
Muncie
Indiana
flag msg tools
"It seems, that is, I may have become, quite by accident, the chosen, what what?"
badge
“Here is my secret. It's quite simple: One sees clearly only with the heart. Anything essential is invisible to the eyes.” ― Antoine de Saint-Exupéry, Petit Prince
Sorry I was absent everyone.

I'm back....

excuses to follow shortly.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Deane Beman
United States
Rochester
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
No worries...I knew you'd be along once the action started!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
George Buss
United States
Muncie
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
We need one of these:

Bear Trap: Although intended for trapping large animals, bear traps work as well for trapping humanoids or monsters. The hinged jaws of the trap are attached to a chain, which in turn is secured to a spike driven into the ground to ensure that the victim cannot simply crawl away. Prying open the jaws or pulling the spike from the ground requires a DC 20 Strength check.

Bear Trap CR 1

Type mechanical; Perception DC 15; Disable Device DC 20

Effects

Trigger location; Reset manual

Effect Atk +10 melee (2d6+3); sharp jaws spring shut around the creature's ankle and halve the creature's base speed (or hold the creature immobile if the trap is attached to a solid object); the creature can escape with a DC 20 Disable Device check, DC 22 Escape Artist check, or DC 26 Strength check
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
George Buss
United States
Muncie
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
Well prepared is a once a day feat. Did I do that right, Deane??

I'm falling in love with it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Deane Beman
United States
Rochester
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah...looks OK to me. I'm curious to see how this plays out...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
George Buss
United States
Muncie
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
dbeman wrote:
Yeah...looks OK to me. I'm curious to see how this plays out...

The feat? Or the trap?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Deane Beman
United States
Rochester
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The trap.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brent Johnson
United States
Cleveland Heights
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
Fleeting memories rise | From the shadows of my mind | Sing "nonomori" - endless corridors | Say "nonomori" - hopeless warriors | You were there | You were there
mbmbmbmbmb
I suppose we'll never know whether it was Erwin who saved the day, or the centaurs.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Deane Beman
United States
Rochester
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It was all Erwin! The centaurs were actually hiding nearby; waiting for you to do all the grunt work.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
George Buss
United States
Muncie
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
dbeman wrote:
It was all Erwin! The centaurs were actually hiding nearby; waiting for you to do all the grunt work.

Woohoo! So if the cat had gotten caught in the trap, then the centaurs might have just taken it from there?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Deane Beman
United States
Rochester
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The centaurs are programmed to swoop in once the cat was incapacitated. It's possible that the Krenshar could have escaped from the trap or just choose to ignore it. I was actually kind of hoping it would fail the Perception check so we could play it out.

As for the snowy caravan...I find it quite ironic that I'll be resolving that encounter while a blizzard is dropping 2 feet of snow on top of me!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
George Buss
United States
Muncie
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
Irony. I love it.

I'm kind of bummed the cat saw the trap as well. But I'm glad Erwin finally managed to do something in a battle besides hum a tune.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Deane Beman
United States
Rochester
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
...and so ends our journey. We now have 6 brand new Level 2 Pathfinders to add to the guild's ranks!

Chronicle sheets are here for your downloading pleasure!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
George Buss
United States
Muncie
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
Talk to me about how to spend PP to get a wand of cure light wounds. I'm into it. And I'm into putting a springloaded wand up each of Erwin's wrists: One magic missile and one CLW.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Karpouzian
United States
Waverly
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
dbeman wrote:
...and so ends our journey. We now have 6 brand new Level 2 Pathfinders to add to the guild's ranks!

I'm going to revamp Artemis, still trying to choose to keep him a fighter or make him a ranger, but I'll let ya know.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Karpouzian
United States
Waverly
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
dbeman wrote:

What are you running next for us?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   |