Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Karpouzian
United States
Waverly
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ambrus Valsin strides into the room, measured steps clacking on the tiles.

“All right, Pathfinders! Listen up. I know you are new recruits eager to make names for yourselves in the organization, but first we need to make sure you are up to snuff and won’t get yourself killed out there. I have a number of small assignments for you and your team, and it would be best if you could finish them before the day’s end.

Every day we get some doe-eyed hopeful or some sniveling bootlicker willing to do anything to join up with the Pathfinders. Most of them are
good kids, but not all of them have the salt to make it in a world like this. It’s rough out there and I’m not just talking about the ruins, tombs,and wilderness Pathfinders find themselves in on missions. We’ve got people who look down their noses at us, folks who think we squander our resources, and agents who want to take everything we have collected. This wealth of knowledge and these items of lore make us the most powerful organization on the planet. That said, since we are fractured and widespread, it’s difficult for that power to light on anything for too long. For every friend of the Society, there are two enemies.

Your first mission, to test your mettle and loyalties, sends you to meet a few people important to the Society living here in Absalom. These are other venture-captains or close allies of our organization, so follow their orders as you would mine. I’ve prepared a list of things I want you to do. They’re not arranged in any particular order of importance, but I want them all completed as quickly as possible. Only report to me once you complete them all. Included in the envelope you hold in your hands is the list, complete with the name of your contact, and directions to the meeting location.”
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeffrey Ukens
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Kuroda kneels perfectly still, head bowed in deference to the Captain. His curved wooden practice sword sits perfectly arranged in front of him. He does not move towards the envelope. In fact, the others might begin to suspect that he does not understand common speech at all.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ogrim opens the envelope with his sharpened nail, neatly removes its contents with one hand while folding the envelope neatly in two and placing in in a receptacle. He slowly reads the letter written.

What does the letter say?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vladimir Lehotai
Slovakia
Piešťany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thulvar patiently listens as Ogrim reads the letter.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Karpouzian
United States
Waverly
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
From th'top o' th'list to the down?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeffrey Ukens
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Kuroda whispers "We shall accomplish these tasks in whichever order you see fit." He stands and bows deeply to the Venture Captain, then makes his way towards the door, collecting his robes around him as he goes, and slipping his wooden 'sword' through his belt.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
"Uhh... From th'top it is then. Apologies fer disrupting you, gud ser,", Ogrim says, as he backs out of the room, bumping into the frame.

"Off to the mercheant do we go. The smell of rare books is so cleansing to the mind."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeffrey Ukens
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Kuroda returns to his room to fetch his armor. He rejoins the group in the courtyard. "Comrades, I am Kuroda, from Minkai. I am recently arrived in your Absalom. I have experience with fighting. Who are you esteemed gentlemen, and what skills do you bring to our enterprise?" Kuroda's whisper is sometimes difficult to hear, and is not very forceful at all.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Owens
United States
Charleston
West Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
An eagle flies down from the sky and lands on Ogrim's shoulder as he stumbles out of the room. The eagle turns towards Ogrim and squawks loudly at him. The bird then flies away.

Silveranu walks into the room.

"Sorry I'm late."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vladimir Lehotai
Slovakia
Piešťany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thulvar gathers his belongings and follows the others. Then he replies to Kuroda:
"My name is Thulvar and I am a cleric of Shelyn. I'll take care of your well-being in and after combat."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
"I am Ogrin, Dwarven Savant. I came here to learn the mysteries of the world. My body may not be much in combat, but my mind more than makes up for that. Welcome, and my you all reach enlightenment. Come, now let us go and give ourselves as the vessel for knowledge at the docks!"
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Owens
United States
Charleston
West Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Silveranu walks up to Ambrus.

"Am I too late? I was.. um.. detained a bit. I see that the others are already leaving. Is this the full party that I shall be traveling with or are we waiting for anyone else?"
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeffrey Ukens
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
"No, sir. You are not too late. We are simply gathering our belongings before venturing into Absolom." Kuroda will pause and bow to his new comrade. "You are most welcome, sir."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Karpouzian
United States
Waverly
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
A very dour Ambrus exits the building and clears his throat.

"I appreciate your enthusiasm... However, there are a few others that will be joining you."

Ambrus returns to his offices.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeffrey Ukens
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Kuroda appears horrified by this rebuke and immediately falls to his knees and places his forehead upon the floor of the courtyard."We should wait here for any other comrades."

Since it looks like we will be running errands in Absolom, some of us may want to leave heavy camping equipment in our quarters, thus lightening our respective loads. Just a thought.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Owens
United States
Charleston
West Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Silveranu finds a chair to sit in to wait on the other party members.

As he sits, he makes a snapping sound with his fingers. An eagle soars in through the window and lands on his shoulder. Silveranu pulls out a small item from his pocket and feeds it to the eagle.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vladimir Lehotai
Slovakia
Piešťany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Good idea. I'll leave my travelling equipment here.

Thulvar walks to his bed, leaving his bedroll and backpack with food there. After the return he walks to Silveranu and points at his eagle.

"A beautiful animal. Proud and intelligent. I've always admired them. One hunter living nearby my village had such companion, though it was a hawk."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Owens
United States
Charleston
West Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Silveranu nods to Thulvar.

"She's a good bird and I've come to rely on her more than I'd like. I've yet to name her though. I've always said that the day she saves my life is the day I give her a name."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeffrey Ukens
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Kuroda briefly smiles and whispers "I hope you will not have occasion to name any of the rest of us, honored sir." He then bows his head again.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
George Ramos
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
badge
Sing, o muse, of the wrath of Achilles...
mbmbmbmbmb
*click, click*

Myrin (Ezren) clicks down the lane with his cane in hand. He seems to be whistling to himself. He stops by the door and looks around, asks, "Is this the place? You all weren't waiting for me were you?"

He chuckles to himself, reads the letter, smiles at the room in general. He steps over Kuroda (apologizing as his cane almost spears him in the knee) and sits down.

"Seems an easy enough list to get through. When do we begin?"
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
"Why don't we start at the docks?"
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vladimir Lehotai
Slovakia
Piešťany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
"Now, Ogrim, I believe he asked "when" and not "where", didn't he? That being said, if we are missing nobody else, we may start, what do you say?"
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [24] |