Recommend
9 
 Thumb up
 Hide
284 Posts
[1]  Prev «  1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [12] | 

Lady Blackbird» Forums » Play By Forum

Subject: Bifford's Lady Blackbird IC Game B - Newbie Initiative 2013. rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: PbF_started_2013 [+] [View All]
The All Father
Australia
flag msg tools
{playing Naomi}


"Fool", Naomi growled at Snargle.
"Kale, get your ass in here", she whispered loud enough to be heard in the cell across the way.

To Snargle, she continued, "You and Kale secure that exit door. Try to discover who and what is out there without arousing any suspicion, while I get the others out", as she began looting the fallen Guard ... especially of the cell keys he had.
"Can you make yourself look like him?" she asked, pointing at the Guard.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
"Too late, too late" will be the cry…
badge
…when the man with the bargains has passed you by.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
"Tough crowd! Can't argue with results," Snargle muttered. "Oh, and I only take orders from the Cap."
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rich Rogers
United States
Jacksonville
Florida
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I clear my throat delicately, "Ahem. Gentlemen. And lady. Can someone help me out as well, please?"
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kenneth Stuart
United States
Hawthorne
California
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmb
{playing Cyrus} (OOC: good idea saying who you are)

I laugh, hearing Snargle's bluff and knowing he must be up to something. With all the noise coming from down the hall I'm certain at least one of my crew is free.

Suddenly I hear the unmistakeable crash of a body crumpling to the ground, then some harsh whispers.

'Ahh yes, there's Snargle, loyal as ever.' "Snargle!", I shout, sure that the sound of my voice will be overpowered by the party upstairs, "Come down here and get these blasted chains off me." I'm thankful not to have to use my Warpblood to get out of here. Just thinking of the sudden, however brief, disorientation after teleportation makes me cringe. 'Best to wait until that becomes absolutely necessary.'
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The All Father
Australia
flag msg tools
{playing Naomi}

"How about just taking orders from Common Sense?" Naomi said, as she left the cell with everything the Guard possessed ... including his weapons, and the cell keys.

Snargle, in her opinion, had almost screwed them all. If the Guard had hit the call button before opening the Snargles cell door, they'd have a dozen Imps in here right now. Just because the grift had worked, didnt make it a smart move.

Naomi went immediately to Natasha's door, releasing the Lady.
"Are you alright?" she asked.

Once Natasha was free, Naomi released Cyrus from his bonds also ... then went to meet the others by the exit door.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
"Too late, too late" will be the cry…
badge
…when the man with the bargains has passed you by.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
"Someone woke up on the wrong side of the cell!" Snargle couldn't resist the parting shot, but saved his breath on trading further words with Naomi. He couldn't expect her to trust him as the rest of the crew did, given their shared history. Heck, most humans didn't trust goblins in general. As long as Cyrus and Kale had his back, that was plenty good enough for him.

Out in the corridor, Snargle plucked up the lockpick, handing it back to Kale who, for some reason was still standing in his cell. "Are you coming, or what?" he said with a grin.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Caffrey
Ireland
Meath
07
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Kale

Kale was caught off guard by Snargle's sudden attack. He cursed under his breath as he tried to ready his make-shift garrote, but by the time he had it set, the guard had been sent flying by Naomi. "Nicely done"

Snargle handed him back his lockpick and Kale went to free the captain. "Couldn't have planned it better, right Cap'n? Now if you'll excuse me, there's a bag of gold back there with my name on it."

OOC: I'm assuming I don't need to roll for freeing him since there's no pressure.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The All Father
Australia
flag msg tools
Legandir wrote:
KaleOOC: I'm assuming I don't need to roll for freeing him since there's no pressure.
Or maybe there is no need to roll, because Naomi has the cell keys, and is also in the process of releasing the Captain?!?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rich Rogers
United States
Jacksonville
Florida
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
[Natasha Syri]

Despite myself, once the cell is open I step quickly up to give her a small hug of thankfulness, replying, "I'm quite alright, Naomi, thank you. Excellent work, as always. Where shall we go now?"
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kenneth Stuart
United States
Hawthorne
California
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmb
{Cyrus}

"Ahh, much better," I mutter, massaging my wrists to restore circulation. I join the others near the exit to the brig.

"Alright everyone, listen up! The Owl will be docked in the ships launch bay, which is located on the upper level of the ship's port side. That's the left, for your planet lubbers. We're currently in the lowermost level of the starboard quarter, or rear right. Fortunately for us, the fuel storage is in the bay, so we'll be able to reacquire the fuel they siphoned."

"Given the party going on upstairs, most of the guards will be intoxicated or otherwise indisposed, but that doesn’t mean we will be free to wander around. The guards left on duty are likely to be angry and will take any measure possible to increase their standing in the eyes of Captain Hollas. We mustn’t be seen sneaking through the corridors."

"We’ve got about 250 meters to run and four floors to climb before we’re home free, and I don’t want to hear any complaints." I pause for emphasis, eyeing the two travelers. "Snargle, you take point, watch out for any patrols or guard posts. Kale, guard our rear, drop a Dark Spell if needed to hide cover our tracks. I’ll be behind Snargle. Ladies, you can stick behind me an do try to remain quiet."

"Naomi, if you don’t mind, I’ll take that pistol, but you can keep the dagger and anything else that guard was carrying"

OOC: assuming everyone agrees with my plan, I would say I hit the Key of the Commander.
1 
 Thumb up
0.01
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The All Father
Australia
flag msg tools
{Naomi}

Looking to the Lady, Naomi sought a sign from Natasha of compliance, or not, to the Captain's plan.
If Natasha willed it, Naomi would play nicely with the boys.



ooc: may I please claim:
- Key of the Guardian: for getting Natasha out of the cell.
and/or
- Key of the Warrior: for defeating a worthy foe (a trained and armed soldier)
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rich Rogers
United States
Jacksonville
Florida
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
[Natasha]

I step into the corridor and stand near Naomi as Captain Vance is freed. I give Naomi a gentle nod of approval to hand over the pistol and play nicely with the boys, then say aloud, "Let's not tarry. This has been an interesting sidetrack, but I've no desire to continue to dawdle at this port, if you catch my meaning, gentlemen."
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bifford "Bring back Ernie" (Sam)
England
Melksham
Wiltshire
flag msg tools
designer
http://www.seaxeandsorcery.co.uk
badge
Bifford the Youngest
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb

GM Question Time

Everyone:

You all came in through this door, therefore you all know what is normally on the other side. What is on the other side? The plan seems a bit risky, doesn't it? A bit random and uncontrolled? Any ideas of your own or words of wisdom to impart? There may well be a party, but one guard? Really?


Snargle: Remember your Key of Conscience! Did that guard taking such a nasty knock not hurt you inside slightly? Can you make the guard more comfortable? Last shapeshift made you as small as you could go. Are you still in that form or have you shifted again?

Kale: Naomi gave you an order, but you have not yet reacted? Why is that? How do you feel about Naomi giving you orders? Did you hear Snargle say only the Captain gives him orders? Do you have time to raid that locker?

Natasha: How do you feel about running? Is it part of your normal exercise routine? (look at your tags) Captain Hollas is handsome....How does he compare to Vance!? Do any of the other people holed up in here deserve praise, or just Naomi?

Cyrus: How confident are you in your "run for it" plan? Do nerves show through at all? SO far your crew have done all the hard work - Do you feel the need to show that you are boss?

Naomi:Do you give up the gun? Do you WANT to give it up? Kale and Snargle have so far ignored your command to guard/check out the door. Are you used to your demands being ignored?
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The All Father
Australia
flag msg tools
Bifford wrote:

GM Question Time

Everyone:
You all came in through this door, therefore you all know what is normally on the other side. What is on the other side? The plan seems a bit risky, doesn't it? A bit random and uncontrolled? Any ideas of your own or words of wisdom to impart? There may well be a party, but one guard? Really?

Naomi:Do you give up the gun? Do you WANT to give it up? Kale and Snargle have so far ignored your command to guard/check out the door. Are you used to your demands being ignored?

Naomi shrugged, and tossed Cyrus the pistol as she stepped past him and headed for the exit door.
She didn't really want the gun, anyway. Pit Slaves, fighters, never got to touch such things ... and Naomi had never really learned to use the demon sticks. She definately kept the knife, though.

When she reached the door, she stood to the inward swing side ... all the better to attack someone coming through from the flank.
She didn't know what was beyond this door, for she'd been unconscious when hauled down here. But she suspected that it led to some kind of guard location. The Brig usually came off such a place, and she expected further confrontations before they got the chance to follow Vance's 'non-discript walk' plan.

Not that she thought it would work. This motley crew of strangers just wandering casually through an Imperial Cruiser.
She'd asked Snargles if he could take the form of the fallen Guard, but of course, he had so-far ignored her.
She really didn't expect anything more from those cretins.

But her plan was a good one, she knew it; even if it was an old rouse rehashed. So, against angers voice, she decided to suggest it:

"If one of you lads were to wear that uniform", she said, pointing at the fallen guard, "You might be able to pass unnoticed out there. If you could bring another one or two uniforms back, we could make like a prisoner escort.
That'd probably look less suspicious, at least to the average Imp out there
" she finished, looking to Vance.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
"Too late, too late" will be the cry…
badge
…when the man with the bargains has passed you by.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Bifford wrote:
Snargle: Remember your Key of Conscience! Did that guard taking such a nasty knock not hurt you inside slightly? Can you make the guard more comfortable? Last shapeshift made you as small as you could go. Are you still in that form or have you shifted again?
OOC: you know, I very nearly acted on this. I'll post what I'd thought up.

While everyone listened to Naomi's suggestion, Snargle's conscience pricked him. "Half a mo', Cap?" Jogging back to the guard he quickly checked his pulse and breathing. Unconscious only, thankfully. He brought his water bowl within reach before exiting the cell, the door locking behind him. "Poor chap's just doing his job. I hope we can avoid uneccesary casualties; Imps are people too, with lives and families." Snargle trailed off, glancing from Cyrus to Naomi, his troubled gaze resting on the Lady Natasha.

After a moment he turned to Naomi. "To answer your question, fighter, yes and no. I can make m'self the same height, build, and skintone," he shapeshifted to show her, "but as you can see I still look like a goblin; my face wouldn't fool anyone nearby." He paused, then addressed Cyrus, "Cap, you wore an Imperial uniform once; let's consider her idea. No harm in stacking the deck a little; it may grease our wheels getting back aboard The Owl," he glanced back at the guard, "and might avoid a shootout if we get stopped."
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The All Father
Australia
flag msg tools
{playing Naomi}

At the mention that Cyrus once wore the dreaded uniform, Naomi's head snapped around to look upon him with a fierce hatred.
The muscles bunched in her arms and chest as her fists whitened at the knuckles, and blood rushed to her face

1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rich Rogers
United States
Jacksonville
Florida
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
GM wrote:
Natasha: How do you feel about running? Is it part of your normal exercise routine? Captain Hollas is handsome....How does he compare to Vance!? Do any of the other people holed up in here deserve praise, or just Naomi?

I'm fleet of foot and that's no lie.

I say as earnestly as I can muster, "I thank you for your work, gentlemen. I think this plan of Naomi's has merit. I read about it in a book once, actually. I believe it is called the Olympia Maneuver. It was a successful break-out, in the story, I recall."
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Caffrey
Ireland
Meath
07
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Kale

Kale had returned from the lockers, his pockets slightly heavier than when he had arrived. He'd retrieved his bag of coins along with a few other treasures the guards had commandeered.

”Well if it worked in a book...” Kale replied sarcastically. Truth be told, he thought the plan was decent, but he didn't want any of the passengers getting used to giving orders. He followed orders from one person only.

”You know, one person going out there hoping to find a lone guard who doesn't mind lending us their uniform without raising a ruckus might not have the best of luck. It might be easier to use one of the uniforms that's already here, there's a uniform in every one of those lockers. They probably belong to the guards who usually work down here.”
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kenneth Stuart
United States
Hawthorne
California
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmb
Bifford wrote:
Cyrus: How confident are you in your "run for it" plan? Do nerves show through at all? SO far your crew have done all the hard work - Do you feel the need to show that you are boss?

{Cyrus}

I catch Natasha looking longinly into my eyes, studying my face. I suddenly find myself caught off guard. Then I catch the frown that flashes across her face. I sigh inwardly. She wasn't looking at me, just disgusted by my mole.

I quickly try to change her focus. "Where are you to from?" I ask. "What's all this talk of books and your seemingly endless knowledge of random trivia? And you," turning to Naomi, "where did you learn to fight? I've never seen a woman who can hold her own against four Imperial soldiers."

The two of them look at each other as if willing the other to answer. I instantly realize they're hiding something from us, but now is not the time for that discussion. "Nevermind now. We'll have time for answers later."


Turning to Kale, "Will any of those uniforms fit us? Were there any more weapons in those lockers?"

"We'll wear what uniforms we can, but they'll only help if we're seen from a distance. Living on a ship for months on end, you begin to know your fellow crew like the family you wish you never had. The moment anyone sees us, we'll have mere seconds before they realize we're not one of them."

'I should've known better than to suggest we just stroll on out of here. We've been living the easy life on The Owl. I'm getting rusty, but I'll never admit that aloud.'
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Caffrey
Ireland
Meath
07
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Kale

The uniforms will fit, but the only weapons are small arms. They must keep the good stuff in their armoury. These won't be much good if things go south, but they're better than nothing.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The All Father
Australia
flag msg tools
{playing Naomi}

Naomi stared at Cyrus a little to long, trying to remind hherself that he was an ally these days: not an Imp any more. Well, sort of an ally.
Then he spoke to her.

"Fighting in the Slave Arenas for the entertainment of you Imperials" she responded with a snarl.

"But right now, I'd prefer we left. So why don't you boys put some of those damned skins on, and walk Natasha and I out of here?", she finished.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
"Too late, too late" will be the cry…
badge
…when the man with the bargains has passed you by.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
"Speaking of clothes," Snargle hesitated. "With all due respect, Miss Natasha, you won't get far running dressed like that," he trailed off. "What I mean to say is we'll be breathing hard at the very least on our little jaunt here, and, well, you don't want that thing squeezing yer middle. Whatsit called... girdle... bodice? Blowed if I know." Snargle gulped. "D'you take my meaning? Someone'd need to heft you should you swoon — not that you're much ballast, I'm sure..." Snargle's face reddened and he zipped his lip, knowing at least that the topic of a woman's weight is taboo.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rich Rogers
United States
Jacksonville
Florida
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
[Natasha Syri]

I give it a tight smile, "I appreciate your concern for my well-being, but I'm rather sure you'll find me suitable to keep up with you.... however, perhaps, a little room in the corset might be prudent. Naomi, could you loose the ties a bit?" I turn around and scoot myself close enough for Naomi to reach the ties on my corset.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The All Father
Australia
flag msg tools
{playing Naomi}

With a nasty last glare at Cyrus, controlled anger, and a hefty sigh, Naomi began the task of loosing her Lady's lungs in preparation for the athletics to come.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rich Rogers
United States
Jacksonville
Florida
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
[Natasha Syri]

"Shall we carry on with this ruse? It is as good a plan as I've heard and we're short on time."

I punctuate the urgency by walking forward and opening the door to the outside, then step back to play my part as the damsel prisoner, since women are not allowed to serve in Our Emperor's Navy.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
[1]  Prev «  1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [12] |