Recommend
9 
 Thumb up
 Hide
68 Posts
Prev «  1 , 2 , 3  | 

Lady Blackbird» Forums » Play By Forum

Subject: Bifford's Lady Blackbird IC Game A - Newbie Initiative 2013. rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: PbF_started_2013 [+] [View All]
Heather Hamilton
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Kale has had to resort from laughing maniacally at the Captain breaking the table. He watches Naomi knock the guy out; she, like her boss, has more to her than meets the eye.
Quickly blowing on his fingers, cracking his knuckles he tries to blot out the light.
Alive + Petty Magic + Dark spell + 3 from pool = 6 dice
1 + 1 + 1 + 3 = 6custom2{0;1} = (1 + 0 + 1 + 1 + 0 + 1) = 4

Swiftly the room goes dark, Kale hollers to the Captain "What now boss?
The lift, or another direction?"
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 318032. bolieride
  • 6custom2{0;1} =
  • (1 + 0 + 1 + 1 + 0 + 1) =
  • 4
  • Mon Mar 18, 2013 6:34 pm
Campbell
United States
Lake Worth
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
About time, I was getting tired of stalling for these guys.
When the crew finally makes their move, Snargle will throw off her glove and leap towards the communications panel.

Snargle will stretch her hands out wide and flat over the communications array, just in case somebody tries to reach for it in the newly darkened room.

"Maybe we should Ix-nay the scape-e-ay onversation-cay until these oops-tray are conscious-un-ay?"

Not sure if I even need to roll, but: 1 + Goblin + warp shape + quick + agile + tumbler 6custom2{0;1} = (0 + 1 + 0 + 0 + 1 + 0) = 2

Dice hate me. They really do.


Snargle thinks to herself These stupid uniforms. I could have gone claws and fangs on these guys, but cap'n would probably want me to keep on the disguise.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 318061. jmcampbell
  • 6custom2{0;1} =
  • (0 + 1 + 0 + 0 + 1 + 0) =
  • 2
  • Mon Mar 18, 2013 7:34 pm
Bifford "Bring back Ernie" (Sam)
England
Melksham
Wiltshire
flag msg tools
designer
http://www.seaxeandsorcery.co.uk
badge
Bifford the Youngest
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Snargle - in this one particular incident it is something you do easily and naturally, therefore it is a difficulty 2! you just about succeed. Goblins have night vision of course which I will add to your roll as Kale just made the place dark. Snargles nightvision 1custom2{0;1} = (1) = 1 and with that it brings you to a 3 - so one over your needed score.

GM Questions:

Kale: How long does your dark spell last for. Does it switch on/off like a lightswitch or fade out? Is it pitch black or just "dark"? Does casting magic have any adverse affects on you?

Cyrus/Snargle: Do you know the effects of Kale's darkspell and its consequences?

Cyrus: Those guards are likely to react in some foolhardy way within the next few seconds.....what do you do?

Natasha: Kale has magic? What's that all about?

Naomi: How well do you work in the dark?
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 318065. Bifford
  • 1custom2{0;1} =
  • (1) =
  • 1
  • Snargles nightvision
  • Mon Mar 18, 2013 7:40 pm
Dan Collier
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmb
Darkness... pressing in.... the games were lit.. they wanted to see the blood... dark was for the cages...

Naomi stands frozen, twitching in the darkness, her muscles rigid and her throat working to hold back a scream.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Heather Hamilton
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Kale hopes the crew can do their thing before the spell's effects fade. Magic is always a tempestuous mistress, so it could last minutes or hours.
In the pitch blackness he wonders how the other will move around, Snargle should be okay, I don't know about the others , "Oomph!" Dang, I forgot the guard laying there; I need to be more careful.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Crimson Fox
United States
Cincinnati
Ohio
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Lady Blackbird gets uptight, her lip quivering and stares down at the scorch marks on the floor. Her mouth opens but the right words are choked in her throat, REALLY wanting to tell this lowlife off but not wanting him to aim it at her heard. This is unbelievable that someone would fire on her!

But as another shot flies past her head toward Snargle, she becomes enragef and her head snaps back at the guard. "Do you have any IDEA how close that came to my hair? That's it, you will never see the light of day again once my fiance finds out what you've done to me! YOu have no idea who you're...."

Of course telling off the guard is soon no longer as much of a focus as a barrage of darkness suddenly coming out of one of her companions. She turns her head, eyes wide and looks at Kale, hoping just her stare will make him explode. This is shortlived however as she now can no longer see him to bear her gaze down upon him.

"Really, Kale? REALLY???? I mean REALLLLLLY??????"

She grunts to herself and clenches her teeth then turns back toward the guards.

"Freiotwinlargomax! KUWINDOBLEUNON!" she utters and twists her wrists forward and draw forth the stormblood within her. Always the whiff of her old crusty ancestors pass through her nostrils whenever she uses her powers. For THAT she has oftenconsidered NOT using them if not for the unsightly feeling that they would be cross with her. And we can't have that, now can we... She mumbles more strange words and challens forth a galeforce wind forward toward the guards. The force seems to channel from her breat straight down her arms and out her hands.


3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 321872. CrimsonFox
  • 8custom2{0;1} =
  • (0 + 1 + 0 + 1 + 0 + 0 + 0 + 0) =
  • 2
  • AL+MS+SC+CH+SB+WD + 2 pool = 8
  • Sat Mar 23, 2013 11:48 pm
Bifford "Bring back Ernie" (Sam)
England
Melksham
Wiltshire
flag msg tools
designer
http://www.seaxeandsorcery.co.uk
badge
Bifford the Youngest
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Lady Blackbird calls forth her powers and the wind rushes forth, but her mind wanders back to her crusty old ancestors as she tries to master the wind. At the same time she tries to fathom the fact that Kale has magic and also overcome the darkness that presses down on her.

It all becomes too much for her and the ancient powers in her blood spill forth uncontrolled and at a greater level than she had aimed for.

1=LB; 2=CV; 3=SN; 4=KA; 5=NB; 6=GU 1d6 = (5) = 5 = Naomi Bishop & 1=LB; 2=CV; 3=SN; 4=KA; 5=NB; 6=GU 1d6 = (4) = 4 = Kale Arkham

For a short while a whirling vortex can be felt occupying the room, even if it can't be seen. Then, as Kale's darkness spell wears off carnage is revealed. Most of you, including the guards, are exactly where they had been before, but Naomi and Kale are both slumped against the wall, for a few seconds unconscious. A lot of the lighter equipment in the room, and the table fragments have also been re-distributed about the room.

Naomi and Kale soon start to groan and come around however.

In the meantime the two guards Cyrus had leg-kicked have managed to get themselves into kneeling positions and in just a few seconds could be standing.

Naomi and Kale both take the Injured and Angry tags. (Temporary) Feel free to narrate these as you see fit.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 321902. Bifford
  • 1d6 =
  • (5) =
  • 5
  • 1=LB; 2=CV; 3=SN; 4=KA; 5=NB; 6=GU
  • Sun Mar 24, 2013 12:51 am
  • [+]
  • 321903. Bifford
  • 1d6 =
  • (4) =
  • 4
  • 1=LB; 2=CV; 3=SN; 4=KA; 5=NB; 6=GU
  • Sun Mar 24, 2013 12:51 am
Dan Collier
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmb
Naomi feels her world start to swim in to focus again, blessed silence raining in her mind for a moment. That is until she recalls what had just happened. Darkness had swamped her..... then a betrayal... the woman she was meant to protect had struck her with... with magic... Treated me as if I were just a disposable guard... IS that why she rescued me? So she had a bodyguard that could easily be considered a casualty?

Naomi's vision sharpened as hot anger started to poor through her veins, the ache of her should being temporarily erased as her mind fills with a cacophony of sound, fiend screeching alongside the ringing in her ears as she pushes herself upright.

Her gaze snaps to one of the guards as he struggles to his feet and she pushes herself off the wall, taking two quick steps and gripping the back of his helmet and chin in her hands, twisting violently.....

alive + anger + Brutal + Fast + Hard + Living Weapon + 1 pool 7custom2{0;1} = (0 + 0 + 0 + 0 + 0 + 1 + 0) = 1
2 
 Thumb up
0.01
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 322123. colliered
  • 7custom2{0;1} =
  • (0 + 0 + 0 + 0 + 0 + 1 + 0) =
  • 1
  • Sun Mar 24, 2013 9:25 am
Bifford "Bring back Ernie" (Sam)
England
Melksham
Wiltshire
flag msg tools
designer
http://www.seaxeandsorcery.co.uk
badge
Bifford the Youngest
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
It seems the guard has seen this particular trick before. As you twist, so does he and you find yourself looking directly at the grinning face of the guard in front of you.

You feel a pain in your solar plexis as his fist contacts with your body and because you didn't expect it the wind is knocked from you in a quick blast.

You didn't lose your pool dice from the last attack. Naomi can act again. Difficulty to kill the guard went up to a 4 but you can also add one more pool dice to the same roll as you previously used.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Heather Hamilton
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Kale limps over to the guard standing up, still reeling from aftershock.
As he quickly heads over he reaches down and get a piece of broken table and goes to knock the guard back out, before the guard even knows what hits him.
Alive + Quick + Dirty Fighting + 1 from pool = 4 dice
1 + 1 + 1 + 1 = 4custom2{0;1} = 4custom2{0;1} = (1 + 0 + 1 + 1) = 3
As he goes to hit the guard, he notices some pieces of the table on the floor near him and he rolls to the side to get it and hit the guard.
Tricky + Tumbler = 2 dice
1 +1 = 2custom2{0;1} = 2custom2{0;1} = (0 + 1) = 1

When Kale swings at the guard, his vision goes blurry again, but was able to connect before staggering forward.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 333436. bolieride
  • 4custom2{0;1} =
  • (1 + 0 + 1 + 1) =
  • 3
  • Mon Apr 8, 2013 4:53 pm
  • [+]
  • 336709. bolieride
  • 2custom2{0;1} =
  • (0 + 1) =
  • 1
  • Thu Apr 11, 2013 10:09 pm
Dan Collier
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmb
A loud gasp erupts from Naomi as the air is driven from her lungs. Yet even as it is, the guards grin and face becomes that of her past, ancient echo's of pain whispering in her ears, drowning out everything else around her. In one sudden movement she snaps her knee forward, holding the guards head in place with her hands, attempting to move his windpipe from the front to the back of his throat.

alive + anger + Brutal + Fast + Hard + Living Weapon + 1 pool 7custom2{0;1} = (0 + 1 + 0 + 1 + 0 + 1 + 1) = 4
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 336242. colliered
  • 7custom2{0;1} =
  • (0 + 1 + 0 + 1 + 0 + 1 + 1) =
  • 4
  • alive + anger + Brutal + Fast + Hard + Living Weapon + 1 pool
  • Thu Apr 11, 2013 1:33 pm
Bifford "Bring back Ernie" (Sam)
England
Melksham
Wiltshire
flag msg tools
designer
http://www.seaxeandsorcery.co.uk
badge
Bifford the Youngest
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Anyone watching Naomi perform this little trick will never after be quite certain how she got her knee to connect with the guards' throat....but suffice to say she did, and a strangulated noise tries to come from his voicebox. Failing to emerge, and failing to draw in air the guard quickly turns red then blue then feints dead away while still in the bear-like grip of Naomi's hands.

Meanwhile Kale has also sprung up from his prone position, leaped towards the other guard and clipped his jaw. It wasn't a powerhouse like Naomi's but it was enough to spin the guy around, and as luck would have it his foot slipped on some table debris. Down he goes and knocks himself out cold on the cold, hard floor.

Kale, too, appears to be out out for the count once more, his head laying between the guards feet!
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bifford "Bring back Ernie" (Sam)
England
Melksham
Wiltshire
flag msg tools
designer
http://www.seaxeandsorcery.co.uk
badge
Bifford the Youngest
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
GM Post as Cyrus:

Kales darkness had worn off, and Naomi, Kale and Snargle had dealt with the guards....some more permanently than the others.

"Snargle, Naomi, and Kale if you can hear me. Well done. Ms Blackbird, we will need to talk, you and I, later."

Looking at the guards and the mess in the room Cyrus continues. "Naomi, you and I will tidy these four up. Ms Blackbird, I would appreciate it if you could look after Kale as his spells are random, but so is the after-shock. Sometimes he's out for a minute, other times longer. I think this one may be over fairly soon. Snargle, check the exits and report back."

Cyrus moves towards Naomi and her dead-weight attacker to help her shift the body.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Collier
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmb
Naomi nods, a frown forming for a brief moment as she glances at Lady Blackbird for the confirmation before jerking her gaze away and hefting the body.

"As you command....." She mutters and waits for Cyrus to reach her. It takes a few moments, but eventually they manage to shift the bodies to the other side of the room. Ducking down, she rifles through the guards belongings looking for a knife.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bifford "Bring back Ernie" (Sam)
England
Melksham
Wiltshire
flag msg tools
designer
http://www.seaxeandsorcery.co.uk
badge
Bifford the Youngest
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
GM Post as Snargle

Snargle, still a little shocked and dismayed at her own actions towards the guards nods at Cyrus and proceeds to slide the glove back on her hand then walks over to the way out and opens the door. Stepping into the corridor outside.

A few moments later and she returns.

"Coast is clear Captain. It's like a newly fitted reciprocal steam valve out there though. Shiny and disorientating."
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bifford "Bring back Ernie" (Sam)
England
Melksham
Wiltshire
flag msg tools
designer
http://www.seaxeandsorcery.co.uk
badge
Bifford the Youngest
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb

GM Question Time: (better late than never!)

(reminder: Red questions must be answered in some form or other please.)


Cyrus: You didn't come out on the level you expected, and judging by the dodgy lift you think stairs might be safer. But do you know the way to the hold where the Owl is? And how long before the missing guards are discovered as missing?

Natasha: That's maybe the first time a spell of yours has majorly backfired. How's that make you feel? Will Naomi and Kale hold it against you?

Kale: You'll be coming back out of that blackout and feeling, what? Groggy? Angry? Hurt? Your blackouts after performing magic are a consequence you've sort of got used to over the years, but how do you feel about them and do they happen every time you do magic or only in pressure situations where you really try to pump force into the spell? Do you know what happened to cause you to hit your head and end up against the wall?

Naomi: You are still seething internally regarding your bosses use of magic Against you! Do you confront her, or force it out of your mind? Friend or bodyguard? Bodyguard or friend?

Snargle: You are in guards armour, how much can you blend in when walking around? (would they normally walk around with the helmet on etc?) Do you need to atone for the damage just done in the room by you and your colleagues?

ALL: Any ideas what to do now? Can you afford to talk for a few moments or should you move on ASAP?
1 
 Thumb up
0.01
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Collier
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmb
Naomi finds what she's looking for in a matter of moments, her fingers picking over the guards clothes deftly as her mind wanders back in time to what had just happened. Her friend...... had used...... her hand shakes as she grips the hilt of the knife and pulls it from it's sheath, her eye's flicking to the doorway to where Natasha would be.

A few moments later Naomi walks through that same door, a look of calm on her face and a knife clutched in her hand. A slow trickle of blood leaks down the blade and splashes on the floor. With a start Naomi shivers, as if someone had just walked over her grave, and tosses the knife back through the doorway where it lands on the deck with a loud clang. She leans backwards slightly and tugs the doorway shut behind her.

"Well.... that's dealt with.... where to now.... Boss?" She looks at Natasha, waiting for an answer.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Heather Hamilton
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Kale is groggy as he moves through his actions; and he realizes the loud banging is just in his head. He is very deliberate in each move he performs and he rises and begins to survey the damage. 'Note to self: next time less waggle of the fingers. I think I put more into that trick than I should have.'

He looks over at Lady Blackbird, and forgets for a moment her betrayal of all of them, "does this happen to you? The aftershock?"
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Prev «  1 , 2 , 3  |