Prev «  1 , 2 , 3  Next »   | 

Lady Blackbird» Forums » Play By Forum

Subject: Bifford's Lady Blackbird IC Game A - Newbie Initiative 2013. rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: PbF_started_2013 [+] [View All]
Aaron M
msg tools
mb
It was a bad shift without the clutch. The raucous cries of death and mayhem were plucked away by a sirens verse, tugging at the very fabric that kept her going. The world offered her a blank slate once more, unburdened yet unaccustomed to the new lenses of which to view the world. Cold, harsh reality crashed in like waves from the ocean and yet there was Naomi, emerging with grace.

Cerulean eyes flickered to Natasha, lips pursed tightly in a frown before it was swallowed up in a mask of uncertainty. Would there be any answers that wouldn't beg more questions? Do you really think we're all going to make it out of this alive this time? Then again, hadn't we escape unscathed many times in the past?

A subdued inferno with a guilty conscious, Naomi aided the captain by dragging the ill-lucked MaacWeyr back into the cell with a muttered apology. Once the task was completed, she placed a hand upon the captains shoulder. "You think we might need that?" She motioned to MaacWeyr, specifically pointing towards the access chip attached to the glove.

She aimed to say more but her client was on the move towards the other cell and she would stick by her side until they were out of this conundrum .

As the crew stood huddled around the captain, Naomi continued to pop her knuckles (an irritating habit only recently acquired from the docks of the Genesis Cycle). The plan seemed needlessly complex by her standards and if it was up to her they would have already dumped half the enemy overboard, Henevay be damned where the air current floated them to. Weight shuffled impatiently from foot to foot as she began eyeing the goblin with mistrust. Snargle reminded her too much of the stories of old, a trickster, a wolf wearing wool. The incessant laughter and shrill, cheeky comments it produced just made Naomi all the more wary. What was its agenda? Why would it stay on a ship like the Owl? You keep your distance, imposter demon.

Finding no questions necessary, she got in line behind Natasha and slumped her frame in utter defeat, trying her best to look the part of a captive.

We do not fail this.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Heather Hamilton
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Kale raises one eyebrow at the captain's plan. He was hoping to go the other direction, closer to the crew quarters. There isn't anything to see (or acquire) on the captain's route; maybe that was his plan?

He looks around and finds enough restraints for everyone, and breaks the internal lock, but not the external.

Alive + Burglar + Locks + Dexterous + 1 pool = 5 dice
Result = 5custom2{0;1} = (1 + 0 + 1 + 0 + 1) = 3

It takes more effort than expected, but he finally gets it.
He approaches each person and put them on, until he gets to Namomi. He pauses and shakes the restraints at her, "You okay with this tough girl?"
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 243486. bolieride
  • 5custom2{0;1} =
  • (1 + 0 + 1 + 0 + 1) =
  • Mon Jan 14, 2013 9:42 pm
Bifford "Bring back Ernie" (Sam)
England
Melksham
Wiltshire
flag msg tools
designer
http://www.seaxeandsorcery.co.uk
badge
Bifford the Youngest
mbmbmbmbmb
GM Question Time

Everyone:

You were brought in through that door, what and who is on the other side? There were "only a few" guards watching you all. You've taken out one, where are the others?

Snargle: {Edit:} When does your 'banter' happen worse? When you get nervous do you start to babble pilot talk or say lots of 'snappy one liners'? Are you nervous now? Or maybe you go deathly quiet under pressure and your usual banter disappears? Maybe your native language isn't Common and you slip into that? But you could be in total control of your feelings right now...though you ARE hungry.... {Next bit I think is still valid so leaving it in} You'll be in Imp uniform and may have to answer questions if spoken to. How good are you at speaking like an Imperial, and do you know about ranks and protocol? (answer this as we proceed, doesn't have to be straight away)

Naomi: Natasha used magic to calm you, of that you are fairly certain. Have you seen her magic before? How do you feel about being made to calm down - surely your anger lends you power? But that wouldn't fit with Vance's plan, would it...so maybe that plan isn't the right one?

Natasha: You appear to be being treated like a small girl - 'stay in the middle, where we can protect you' - Does that rub you the wrong way? Didn't your father run a tighter ship than this one? And that was planet-bound! He had more guards on duty in the middle of the night in the middle of the harshest winter (when most people would never dare to break into the legendary Blackbird mansion...) than this! What gives!??

Kale: Just how easy IS it to "drop a dark spell". You know about the Noble Houses and their apparent ease with magic, but have you ever met any of their lineage or seen their magic in action? Does knowing that you can only pull off one spell at a time rankle you? Or does even that meagre thing put you above the normal man on street...?

Cyrus: Has Naomi taken on board your apparent dislike to the way she handled that one Imperial or does it deserve a further talking about? The lack of guards here is Really bugging you, isn't it? What's going on!?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Mansell
United States
Naperville
IL
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Natasha dutifully took her spot in the lineup. For a moment, she had bristled at the way Cyrus was treating her, as if she were some helpless young thing. "Gotta remember, though," she thought, "'helpless young thing' is exactly the disguise I've been traveling under. I guess it's working well, even with the bit of sorcery I just displayed." She tried to catch a glance at the captain's face, but his back was turned to her. Did Vance somehow not notice, or was he helping her out by turning a blind eye?

She found herself studying the muscles of his back, his fit figure apparent through the too-tight undershirt. A few uninvited thoughts began to ran through her mind. She pushed them aside in an attempt to focus on the issue at hand.

"He may be an outlaw, but it's clear he's got heart. And some guts to match, if he's taking lead on this half-baked plan."

Natasha made a decision. "Worse comes to worst beyond that door, I shouldn't hesitate to use my power, even if it means breaking my disguise."

It was a good moment for trust, as Kale grabbed her hands and bound them behind her back. She hoped he knew what he was doing; she'd hate to be in a compromised state if they should run into any guards.

A realization hit her. "Captain, wasn't there a whole squad that led us into this area through the mess hall?" she asked. "And now there's just the one. Where'd they all go?"

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Miller
United States
Catasauqua
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
mbmb
Vance's shoulders tensed at Natasha's question. He could feel her eyes on his back. "She's not as naive as she looks. Where are all the guards. It's standard procedure to work in pairs, at least. Where's MaacWeyr's partner?" He stood in front of the door, his hand hovering over the control panel. "If I'm tense, Kale and Snargle will pick up on it and be jumpy. That will put Natasha ... will put ALL of us in danger."

Vance took a deep breath. "They're probably on some kind of inspection. An Imperial ship can't sink to its required levels of inefficiency without at least three surprise inspections a day. I wouldn't worry about it." "Even if they're right outside this door, there's no choice but to go through."

He pushed the door control and the large blast-sealed door cycled open with barely a whisper. The passageway outside was just as quiet. No one in sight.

This is getting downright unnatural. Vance pulled his spine straight, chin up, and began to stroll down the hallway with all the confidence of a man who knows exactly what his mission is.

The turbolift wasn't far from the brig. "Putting the way out so close to the brig is bad design on a ship this size. Good thing she was built by the lowest bidder. Only thing worse would be if there were a human-sized hatch directly into the garbage collection system."

When the turbolift doors opened, Vance led the others inside. Since every crewmember had to move from deck to deck several times a day, Imperial turbolifts acted as the message boards for the ship. Each of the eight walls had several display screens. Some showed standing orders, and the ship's location and heading. Some showed morale-boosting messages from the captain and other senior officers. Some listed crew rotations and duty rosters. Some showed news streaming in from the Core worlds.

And there was panel showing rewards for "Most Wanted " criminals and other "Persons at Large".

"This is too easy." Vance thought as the turbolift began to move. He glanced over at Natasha, hands behind her back, chin down, chest out, the mildest blush of exertion on her cheeks from the rapid walk. "Still, at least I can enjoy the view."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron M
msg tools
mb
Dinner: Hibernian leg stew with shallots, beans and biscuits cooked by our very own Chef Harow.

Do you, or someone you know have what it takes to protect the Imperial worlds from the constant threat of marauders? Does the thought of exploring the outer limits of space and being the first to help terraform an uninhabited planet excite you? Then join up today for the Imperial Sky Fleet! We accept only the most courageous of recruits…

The final screen carried the portrait of Snargle across the notice board. A faded image of the goblin carrying an unmarked bag and pursued by a throng of enraged imperials was covered with angry, bold, letters declaring the danger of attempting to apprehend such a criminal as well as a significant reward. The features on the goblin were shifted and distorted slightly but the inexhaustible glee attached to its face was unmistakable. Disturbing the peace, resisting arrest, disorderly conduct, criminal trespassing and a slew of other charges. A smile spread across Naomi's face.

Shoddy craftsmanship was not exclusive to just the design of the ship. When the lift finally began to slow a horrible grinding occurred as the elevator neared its destination. The doors attempted to swing open only to be caught on an instrument that one of the mechanics hadn't felt the need to properly adjust.

AJAR, ERROR, AJAR, ERROR. A polite female voice chided them over the speakers. Two imperial soldiers looked up from their game of dice to peer at them through the slit.

The final screen dissolved, replacing the giddy Snargle with a familiar looking imperial noble. She stood proudly, adorned with extravagant jewelry and a dangerous glimmer in her eye. Wanted for questioning - Lady Blackbird, the angry red letters declared.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Mansell
United States
Naperville
IL
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Despite the awful grating sounds the turbolift made, Natasha still felt an overwhelming silence around her. She stared numbly at her own image, distantly wondering when the photograph had been taken. "Another life," she thought, "locked safely away in the trappings of Imperial nobility. So many dark and lonely secrets."

After a moment, she forced herself back into the present. She considered making a further attempt at her disguise. But there was no point. "A bit of a relief, really. I can try again later in a new situation, if need be, but it's clearly time to drop the 'helpless ditz' act with this crew."

There were a few perplexed faces. She decided to take charge, before anybody had a chance to ask questions.

"Yes, I am the Lady Blackbird, of House Blackbird," she said in a commanding tone. "Certain interested parties would like to lay hands on me, but in that regard, I'm clearly not alone in this group. We'll not discuss that any further for now.

"Right now, the Imperials are the enemy. I am one of them by birth, but that does not make me a foe. My interest is in escaping this ship with every last one of you unscratched, and continuing our journey as planned. I have power few know of, and my intention is to use that to get us off of this ship and back into the Blue. If any of you have other designs contrary to that, my friend Naomi and I will, with great pleasure, adjust your thinking."

Without dropping her stiff tone, Natasha took a breath and unclenched her hands, suddenly realizing she had balled them into fists at her sides. The whole thing was overly defensive, she knew, but necessary. "I can't have anyone using me as a bargaining chip, to get their own hide out of this mess."

She had invoked Naomi's bodyguard status, but still had a sudden anxiety over the fact that this was new information for the ex-slave as well. There was no telling what her reaction would be. "I can only hope she'll honor our arrangement, if not our friendship... or what little of it I've managed to build."

She looked at the others one by one. There was nothing else to do but wait for their response.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Heather Hamilton
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
When Snargle's wanted pictures comes up Kale snorts, "Disturbing the peace? Did you get drunk and sing again?"

When Snargle's image fades and Lady Blackbird appears, Kale is stunned into silence. Kale bristles at Blackbird's words, "all those lineage people are the same, thinking they are somehow more special because of magic."

Kale looks to the captain for his reaction. He had noticed how the captain had been responding to the "lady". "I hope he keeps his head and heart this time. He seems to always pick the unattainable ladies. The last time this ended badly for him."

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Miller
United States
Catasauqua
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
mbmb
"A lady of a noble house? A fugitive lady from a noble house? By the seven stars, Cyrus Vance, what have you gotten yourself into this time?" Vance felt the crew's eyes upon him. They were waiting to see how he wanted to play this.

"You're hardly the first pretty passenger to lie to us, and you certainly won't be the last, your highnessness." Vance makes a short, mocking bow at the waist. "This changes nothing. You hired us to get you out of Imperial sky and that's what we're going to do. When I give my word, you can rely on it, unlike some people. I told you we were going to get you out of here, so that's what we're going to do. We stick to the plan, my plan. I won't sell you out, but I ain't about to take orders from nobody. Certainly not some prissy little princess running away from home."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron M
msg tools
mb
Faint in the distance she could still hear the drums of madness, the coaxing from fiend to let blood be shed. The very same who had saved her from the pits, had given her a purpose outside of killing for sport was nothing more then an imperial scum? How dare she keep such a secret along with dangerous magics! How dare she attempt to leverage her muscle as a bargaining chip to escape unscathed! Retribution would be swift and brutal amongst the confines of a turbolift.

Perhaps it was a residual side affect from the spell cast a few moments before that kept her from lashing out. Perhaps it was something more logical and calculated, that a crew divided would never earn freedom. Perhaps even the sounds of Kale and Snargle, hurling grotesque insults at one another while imminent doom surrounded them offered a familiar background noise to all of the chaos that surrounded them.

Her right foot shot forward, creating a wall between Lady Blackbird and the rest of the crew. While she still held the shackles in places on her wrists, she was no less intimidating in stature. No, whoever Natasha is doesn't matter. This woman had believed you could be something more. Trust in her, just this once, when she needs you to. (OOC: I'd consider this Key of the Guardian )

The turbolift's PA system abruptly fell to silence and the doors quickly slid open to a scowling imperial soldier, whose game of dice had been rudely interrupted by their presence. "Don't you know how to bypass the auto door lock? It happens every damn time we put…" The soldiers eyes narrowed as he scanned over the ragtag crew "Where are you going with the prisoners?"
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
England
Melksham
Wiltshire
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Bifford the Youngest
mbmbmbmbmb
Scene

Behind the guard standing in front of you a game of dice is under way and there is three people at the table. Your view of the room is restricted from within the lift so you are unable to tell if there are other people in the room also.

Rolling

To successfully lie about a transfer or somesuch will be a difficulty 3;

To use brute force to take down ALL the people in the room before an alarm is activated is difficulty 5, though this may be dropped to a 4 if you are extremely clever.

Questions:

All:
Is this your exit?
Has the guard seen any of the vid feeds behind you?
Would any of the people here present have seen those feeds previously?
If you are fighting can you find out exactly who is in the room before making a move?

Kale: Can you pass up a game of dice??

Snargle: How hard is it to bite your tongue against a witty retort?

Natasha: Was that a flicker of rage across Naomi's face? Have you damaged your friendship by not being honest?

Cyrus: Shoot first, answer questions later? Lie about the auto door lock?

Naomi: Ten pin bowling with humans? Take em down in one go or are they spread around the room? That's assuming you can even attack....?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Miller
United States
Catasauqua
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
mbmb
Cyrus saw a tightening of tension around Natasha's -- that is, Lady Blackbird's eyes as he spat out his angry words. He quickly set his jaw, closed his eyes, and turned away. "Poor pampered little piece of fluff. Probably never been yelled at in your life. Well done, Cyrus! Everything beautiful you ever find, you hurt."

Cyrus ground his jaw tight and clenched his fists in an attempt to fend off older, more painful memories. He could hear beating of his own sad, broken heart.

What he could not hear was the turbolift door open, or the spoken challenge from the Imperial guards on the other side.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Mansell
United States
Naperville
IL
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
"Where are you going with the prisoners?"

The silence that followed the soldier's question felt about a week long. Natasha looked expectantly at the group. Naomi stood defensively in front of her, her mind still mired in some internal debate. "It seems Naomi's still on my side. Thank goodness, since I'm far more on hers than she even knows." Snargle was massaging her jaw tenderly, as if wounded, but saying nothing. Kale was silent as well. Cyrus had his fists clenched at his side, probably still angry with Natasha over one thing or another. "'We stick to your plan, eh, Captain?" Natasha thought disappointedly.

She stepped out from behind Naomi, her mind racing in an attempt to form some sort of tactic to get them out of there. The moment she did, the soldier questioning Cyrus looked at her, then at the screen to her right, then back at her. His eyes widened in recognition.

"Shit. How stupid of me," Natasha thought dejectedly. "Revealed again. Time to use it to my advantage, I guess."

She glanced at the soldier's insignia, taking an educated guess at his rank, then quickly and quietly removed her restraints, holding her hands in front of her. "Ensign Torrez, as you can see, I am no prisoner. I am Lady Blackbird, of House Blackbird. There has been a grave misunderstanding that I'm sure you will be able to resolve."

Torrez gave a doubting look, but Natasha's superior tone did not waver. She motioned to Kale and Naomi, continuing, "My escorts and I were waylaid by your captain, having just set out from Haven toward Ilysium, where I was to reunite with my betrothed, Count Carlowe, and be wed. All of my wealth and connections, both of which I assure you are quite vast, were somehow unable to provide me a pilot with enough brains to fly with the proper documentation." She shot Kale a disapproving glance, counting on the mechanic to play along.

"Thankfully, these two soldiers of yours who found me are aware of the Hayden provision, dating back almost two centuries, which grants the privilege of uninterrupted and expeditious travel to all Imperial nobles. I trust that you are aware of this historical precedence and will observe the proper etiquette by escorting us directly to my ship. Shall we get on, then?"

Difficulty: 5 -- Despite Natasha's best efforts, this is a tough sell. The screen clearly said she was wanted for questioning, and Captain Hollas isn't the type to knowingly interfere with Imperial nobles.
Roll: 1 + Imperial Noble + Etiquette + Educated + History + Wealth + Connections + House Blackbird + 0 Pool Dice = 8
Result: 8custom2{0;1} = (1 + 0 + 1 + 1 + 0 + 1 + 1 + 0) = 5

Torrez wasn't dense enough to miss the fact that the woman in front of him was clearly a wanted fugitive of some kind. Yet she did also appear to truly be a noble. "The captain is probably in the docking bay right now," he thought. "No harm in escorting her there and letting him resolve the matter." He bowed politely, swaying off balance a bit from the ale he had consumed during the dice game.

"My Lady Blackbird, it is a pleasure to have you on board. MaacWeyr, is it? I will take it from here," he said to Snargle, still in her disguise. He looked at Cyrus' too-tight undershirt disapprovingly. "Take this idiot back to the bunks to change, then both of you hurry your asses to the dock. You know Captain Hollas ordered all petty officers to the docking bay for honor guard duty."

He saw a flicker of confusion pass over Lady Blackbird's face. "The honor guard is not meant for you, my lady, although I'm sure that will now change. I do have some good news that may help smooth out this whole misunderstanding. The greeting is meant for the Honored Count Carlowe, the man to whom you said you are traveling. If you'll follow me, I'll take you to the docking bay to see him this very moment. Right this way, my lady."

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 254913. Wilikai
  • 8custom2{0;1} =
  • (1 + 0 + 1 + 1 + 0 + 1 + 1 + 0) =
  • Wed Jan 30, 2013 3:53 pm
England
Melksham
Wiltshire
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Bifford the Youngest
mbmbmbmbmb
The man called over to the other people in the room and told two of them to come help him escort the small group to the docking bay. He waited patiently to see if the two in uniform - that is Snargle and Cyrus - would follow his directions and head off to the bunks.

GM Questions

Snargle & Cyrus: Any clues where the bunks are so you can march straight there. If not the fella's gonna be mighty suspicious. Is splitting up such a good idea?

Kale & Naomi: Did you understand Lady Blackbirds hints that you are her "escort"? Will you play along and allow yourself to be split up from the Captain and Snargle? Or should something be done in regards taking out these Imperials?

Lady Blackbird: Your reaction to Count Carlowe being on board is.....?? maybe it would just be easier to take all these Imperials out with a well-aimed lighting bolt? Or something like that...?

All: The Count (1, ah-ha! 2, ah-ha! 3 ah-ha!) is on the Hand of Sorrow. That explains the party. How difficult is your task of getting off the ship now?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Heather Hamilton
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Not a chance I am getting stuck with these women on my own! I hope the boss remembers from the last time I did this.

Kale wiggles his fingers, and goes to turn the area dark and give them an advantage to getting out of this mess alive.

Alive + Petty Magic + Dark spell + 2 from pool (I do not seem to roll well, so I will stack in my favor) = 5 dice
1 + 1 + 1 + 2 = 5custom2{0;1} = (0 + 1 + 0 + 0 + 1) = 2

Not expecting his wiggling fingers to fail him, Kale was already moving forward on the guard with the shiny ring. Luckily he just happened to have a wrench on him, and is never above hitting someone below the belt.
Alive + tricky + quick + Dirty Fighting + 2 pool = 6 dice
1 + 1 + 1 + 1 + 2 = 6custom2{0;1} = (1 + 1 + 1 + 1 + 1 + 1) = 6

Kale watches the guard fall, and without waiting to see if the Captain and crew are taking care of the the other two, reaches down and snatches the ring off his finger. "Well hello lovely," he says to the ring.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 257917. bolieride
  • 5custom2{0;1} =
  • (0 + 1 + 0 + 0 + 1) =
  • Mon Feb 4, 2013 4:35 pm
  • [+]
  • 257922. bolieride
  • 6custom2{0;1} =
  • (1 + 1 + 1 + 1 + 1 + 1) =
  • Mon Feb 4, 2013 4:38 pm
Michael Miller
United States
Catasauqua
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
mbmb
Vance broke his reverie in time to catch the thrust of Natasha's -- of Lady Blackbird's orders. "Not a bad bluff. She was born to give orders with a noble woman's sneer. And who wouldn't want listen to that sweet voice? Splitting the party is less than ideal, but Snargle and I can --"

Out of the corner of his eye, Vance saw Kale wiggle his fingers in the eldritch motions that would bring a forth a magic spell. Vance braced himself for whatever misdirected spark of arcane might would burst forth, but nothing did. "Good. What were you thinking, Kale? Oh, no," Vance thought as he saw Kale swing the wrench in a short arc to strike the guard directly in his "Ouch."

"So much for the plan!" Vance made a break for the table where the men had been playing dice. Three pistols lay on the table, next to the piles of gambling chips. Vance only needed two. With a running start, he leaped on the table with a wrathful roar, staring down the gamblers as he threw himself at them. He knew that landing on the table would hurt, but his crew was going to be in deep trouble in mere moments. It was now or never.

Cyrus Vance + Survivor + Tough (taking the brunt of the leap) + Run (the running start) + Creepy Stare + Intimidate (the wrathful roar) = 6 dice 6custom2{0;1} = (0 + 0 + 1 + 1 + 0 + 0) = 2

"The table had looked so much sturdier," thought Vance as the cheap plastic collapsed under the weight of his landing. The pistols clattered to the floor in one direction. Vance hit the ground hard, with one of the dice digging into his ribcage through the thin under shirt, and gambling chips flew everywhere. "Ow! Who gambles with four-sided dice?" Vance shook his head to clear it and found himself gazing up at three very angry Imperial soldiers.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 262708. swlives
  • 6custom2{0;1} =
  • (0 + 0 + 1 + 1 + 0 + 0) =
  • Thu Feb 7, 2013 4:46 am
England
Melksham
Wiltshire
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Bifford the Youngest
mbmbmbmbmb
As Vance landed on the table one of the Imperials snatched his gun from the table nano-seconds before it, the chips, dice and table, with Vance on top crashed to the ground.

Standing, pushing his chair back in the process he brought the gun up to chest height and pointed it at the main group by the lift doors.

His two companions meanwhile were still somewhat shocked but quickly recovered and bent down to attempt to pin this idiot to the ground.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
England
Melksham
Wiltshire
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Bifford the Youngest
mbmbmbmbmb
Recap time:

Quote:
"So what you're telling me, Rexin," Flint breathed, his low voice and slow pace a clear attempt to keep himself in control, "Is that Natasha's ship is being held in a docking bay filled with nearly all of the soldiers in Hollas' command, sent to greet the Imperial vermin Bavloch Carlowe, her former fiance and the man who is most likely to recognize and expose her?"

Rexin tried to find his voice, but couldn't. After a moment, he simply nodded.

To his surprise, a small smirk appeared on the commander's face. "All right, my little blackbird," Flint murmured. "This is what you've trained for. Make me proud."

Snargle is currently shape-changed to look like a "generic" Imperial and is in full Imperial armour including helmet. Cyrus is in Imperial trousers and tight-fitting (too small) shirt. Kale, Naomi and Natasha were in rigged handcuffs acting as prisoners in transfer (they will open with minimal pressure).

The Owl was two floors down from the Brig. The turbolift has brought you down either one or two floors (it's not been determined which) into a canteen area.

Natasha has been revealed to everyone as the noble woman "Lady Blackbird or House Blackbird" (even Naomi apparently did not know who she was until now!). Snargle's wanted picture was also seen.

Natasha has previously used her magic to calm Naomi somewhat so Naomi is aware Blackbird has magic. Kale *tried* to used his petty magic darkspell and failed (but only Cyrus noticed) so instead used a wrench to incapacitate the Imperial by the turbolift door.

Vance dived onto the table which promptly collapsed under him, it being flimsy plastic rubbish. One of the Imperials grabbed his gun before it went flying and is currently pointing it at the whole group (except Cyrus), while the other two Imperials are attempting to restrain Vance.

So it is over to you all to play this out!
Please all take 10 mins to skim read the two pages of text (or properly read if you have the time and inclination) then feel free to post in any order

Any questions please ask in the OOC thread.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Crimson Fox
United States
Cincinnati
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Lady Blackbird steps forward quickly holding up her hands. What have I gotten myself in now?

"Please. This is all a huge misunderstanding. These gallant folk here are acting on my orders and are doing a most satisfactory job of defending me. Please. They are acting on a higher authority. Do not harm them."

She steps forward again with her hands up. "I don't know why such a ruckus has been made over little old me. But you should indeed be congratulated sir on your prowess and alertness. Remind me to put you up for a promotion for your loyalty and sharp...movements. In the meantime, I believe you said that the Count was on board, did you? Good, I most definitely have been longing to see my love again, but I cannot take an audience with him in these rags. Please. Do allow me to retire to an appropriate location whereupon I might freshen up and put on something a bit more...comfortable?"

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
England
Melksham
Wiltshire
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Bifford the Youngest
mbmbmbmbmb
As the woman moves forward the Imperial brings the gun sharply down and a bolt of energy hits the floor just in front of her feet, singing the deck plating there.

"Don't move another inch lady or the next shot hits flesh!"

The Imperial starts to carefully move sideways towards the wall where you can all see a small grill with a few buttons on it - obviously an intercomm. He keeps the gun up and aimed at you all...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Campbell
United States
Lake Worth
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Snargle will take a step towards the man at the comm.

"C'mon, guy, this is my first tour. Do you really want to get me in trouble with hollas already? I'm supposed to be escorting this noble, she's got these jackboot thugs for guards, now everything is blowing up in my face. At least, at least let me call Captain hollas myself. Maybe if I report my own error, he'll be a little forgiving and I'll only have to do latrine duty for a month instead of all tour. What do you say?"

1 +sly +crafty +distractions +bluff +2 pool dice 7custom2{0;1} = (1 + 1 + 1 + 0 + 0 + 0 + 1) = 4
And I'm going to stop there, because this may very well be a 5 difficulty roll.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 315134. jmcampbell
  • 7custom2{0;1} =
  • (1 + 1 + 1 + 0 + 0 + 0 + 1) =
  • Thu Mar 14, 2013 2:59 pm
Dan Collier
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Twisting her wrists inside her handcuffs Naomi frowns at the back of Natasha, her gaze flicking once to Snargle then back again.

Stupid... stepping away from me... how am I meant to defend her now? Tcha... NO, quiet fiend... hush now.... I need to listen...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
England
Melksham
Wiltshire
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Bifford the Youngest
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm agreeing that it is a 5, for the following reasons: You didn't know the correct procedure with the turbolift; Kale hit an Imperial in the gonads with a wrench; Vance dived on a table; he's not thick. On the plus side you get to keep your 2 pool dice Any more talking makes the difficulty harder!

The guard flicks his wrist and a shot from the gun glances down the side of Snargle's helmet, a much more purposeful warning shot this time! Next time he's unlikely to aim at a helmet....

"Think I was born yesterday do you, chum? Get your ass back over to the others, sharpish."

The guard takes another step towards the comms. A few more paces and he will be within reach of it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Miller
United States
Catasauqua
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
mbmb
"Sometimes there's just no way to talk your way out of something," thought Vance. "Sometimes the only thing that'll get through a thick Imperial skull is a swift kick!"

"Bishop, hit 'em high! Kale, black it out!" Vance shouted, kicking hard and swift at the knees of both guards still next to him. The momentum of the kicks drove his back hard into the ground, the sharp debris of the shattered table biting through the thin shirt. But Vance was in a fight now. There would be time for pain later.

Attempting to take the guards' legs out from under them:
Cyrus Vance + Warrior + Battle-Hardened + 4 pool dice = 7 dice
7custom2{0;1} = (0 + 1 + 1 + 0 + 1 + 0 + 0) = 3

Vance's boots found the backs of both guards' knees. The two men collapsed in howls of pain and surprise. "Let's hope the crew can take out the third guard before he raises an alarm. I gotta find a gun," thought Vance as he frantically searched through the debris of the wrecked table.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 316718. swlives
  • 7custom2{0;1} =
  • (0 + 1 + 1 + 0 + 1 + 0 + 0) =
  • Sat Mar 16, 2013 6:07 pm
Dan Collier
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Oh.... clever... now I see... I'm sorry I doubted you... fiend, fiend?

Naomi hears the captains shouts reach her ears and her gaze snaps into focus as she brings her head up. Looking over Lady Blackbirds shoulder at the armed guard she snaps the cuffs off her wrists, gripping them in her right hand.

People say that during combat time slows, that it can feel like you're moving through treacle. Fiend and I.... we know that's a lie.... it's more like swimming through water. With the right strokes... the right movements... water is nothing, time.. is nothing.

One step, left arm striking out as if swimming. Hand curving through the water, striking Lady Blackbirds shoulder. Thrusting her down and away as Naomi's left arm pulls back. Right arm snaking out, a little slower than the left due to some extra weight... but as it finishes it's arc the weight leaves it, propelled forward with all her strength.

The handcuffs arc through the air towards the armed guards face....

Alive + Pit-Fighter + Combat Tested + Brutal + Fast + Hard + Dice pool (2) = 8 dice = 8custom2{0;1} = (1 + 1 + 0 + 1 + 1 + 1 + 1 + 1) = 7

... and connect solidly with his nose. An audible crunch can be heard in the room as his head snaps back and he starts to fall like a felled tree. The gun he was holding a moment ago slips out of his hand and skitters along the floor to rest at Cyrus' feet.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 317717. colliered
  • 8custom2{0;1} =
  • (1 + 1 + 0 + 1 + 1 + 1 + 1 + 1) =
  • Mon Mar 18, 2013 11:37 am
Prev «  1 , 2 , 3  Next »   |