Wiltshire
flag msg tools
designer
http://www.seaxeandsorcery.co.uk
badge
Bifford the Youngest
mbmbmbmbmb
wizcreations wrote:
I'm not entirely sure I understand BUYOFF. After I hit my Key, I can choose to BUYOFF said key by performing the indicated action, which will then get me a new key that may completely change my character's motivations?

You can, but it is a extremely major thing. Imagine changing your religion in real life from Christianity to Buddhism. It's not something to be taken lightly. generally speaking it would also need to be a fair way through the story and something MAJOR would have had to spark it, like one of the other players trying to kill your guy off on purpose. that sort of thing!

Quote:
Sam/Bifford, if I get behind please step in and make my action for me. I'm going to try to keep up but it may be difficult.

Hopefully that won't happen! It all depends how forgiving the others are

Way past my bedtime here so night all.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The All Father
Australia
flag msg tools
Bifford wrote:
Above this writing box on the right is a button marked "Roll". Clicking this brings up a box with a number of dice choices, a box for the dice roll algorithm and a comments box.

Because we want our dice to be either Success or Fail we use the following format in the "Roll" box:

#custom2{0;1}

Where # is the number of dice to roll. So Kales' example above would be inputted as 7custom2{0;1} - Be sure to use Curly brackets!!

Bifford previously rolled 7custom2{0;1} = (0 + 0 + 0 + 0 + 1 + 0 + 1) = 2 (Kales roll)

This dice roll will then appear in your text at the last pointer position and will look like this: [ geekroll=237597][ /geekroll] (but without the spaces inside the brackets)

You will not see the result of your roll until you "Submit" your post (not even on Preview).

Ok, let's do a test roll to see if I get this right.
galley_slave previously rolled 5custom2{0;1} = (0 + 0 + 1 + 0 + 0) = 1
Great; so that #custom2{0;1} formula goes in the algorithm (middle) row.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bifford "Bring back Ernie" (Sam)
England
Melksham
Wiltshire
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Bifford the Youngest
mbmbmbmbmb
copy and paste from the IC thread:

galley_slave wrote:
galley_slave previously rolled 5d6 = (6 + 1 + 6 + 6 + 5) = 24 (PF: hard, brutal, living weapon)

Edit: hmmm I think I screwed up my 'roll dice'. I only got a total. But if 24 is the total of 5d, the average had to be 5's.
I'll go recheck how to roll.

We can use that. Click on the blue number 24 - it expands to show you the individual rolls. In this case 6+1+6+6+5. A 4,5,6 is a pass so you got 4 successes and one fail dice. With a target of 3 (emotional stress not dropping you a level) you still pass!

As i mentioned earlier this way does work, it's just not as neat as the Fail/Pass method so yes, use the #cutom2{0;1} method to make things a lot easier for you to understand!

Anyway, that was a pass so either go back and edit the last post, or make a new post if you prefer.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rich Rogers
United States
Jacksonville
Florida
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
" (emotional stress not dropping you a level) "

Sam, what do you mean by that exactly? Are you having narrative conditions affect difficulties or are you hinting that conditions could affect difficulty levels? I'm confused.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
England
Melksham
Wiltshire
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Bifford the Youngest
mbmbmbmbmb
Orklord wrote:
" (emotional stress not dropping you a level) "

Sam, what do you mean by that exactly? Are you having narrative conditions affect difficulties or are you hinting that conditions could affect difficulty levels? I'm confused.

Both

Normally I'd say that breaking your bonds would have been a "Easy" level 2 due to your strength etc. However currently you are under a fair bit of emotional stress and also is some pain (though you deal with pain well) so it goes back up to a "Difficult" level 3.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rich Rogers
United States
Jacksonville
Florida
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm asking, not challenging. I'm curious on your interpretation of a secret. I'm cool either way.

But would Secret of Destruction work for Naomi in this case? Couldn't she break the shackles with her bare hands like she was swinging a sledgehammer?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
England
Melksham
Wiltshire
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Bifford the Youngest
mbmbmbmbmb
The hint here is in the wording of the Secret in my opinion. "You can break things with your bare hands as if you were swinging a sledgehammer." - I see this as you punching something to break it.

Whereas your current action is a muscle swelling, bunching and strainging and pulling exercise to break your bonds.

Sorry if making you roll for it seems a bit harsh, but I think it's needed
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rich Rogers
United States
Jacksonville
Florida
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
What if she had swung her hands to slam the shackles against the walls of the cell, or the bars? Would that be a use of the secret then?

Sorry I'm harping on this, but it helps me to gauge how you see secrets being used in the game, so I can avoid future questions hopefully.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
England
Melksham
Wiltshire
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Bifford the Youngest
mbmbmbmbmb
Questions are all good and helpful, don't worry

If you did that then yes, we could class it as an automatic success. Just don't break your wrists lol. And bear in mind that would cause quite a commotion! So if you Did do that I'd then narrate the guards taking notice!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The All Father
Australia
flag msg tools
Sam, Rich isn't playing Naomi, I am. He just happens to be asking questions regarding my characters recent actions.
Also, you didn't ask me to roll, I did so of my own initiative ... so I can't see that being 'harsh' of you.

I only added the Destruction bit in for flavor, really, and yet, I agree with the striking being 'like swinging a sledgehammer', and required for this Secret to be used. However, I'd prefer that any strike count ... that way I can narrate her punching, spinning back-kicking, or even headbutting the victim item.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
England
Melksham
Wiltshire
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Bifford the Youngest
mbmbmbmbmb
I knew that.

Honest guv!

Lol :-)

I blame it on the fact that at 6.30am my brsin was firing on 50% cylinders :-)

As with anything in rpg and my games - always feel free to ask questions, put your own thoughts across and downright disagree with me whenever you want! :-)

Sean - ironically I know you rolled, I know it is you playing Naomi, and five minutes after reading your post I read Rich's questions and forgot it all!!! Hehehehe
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The All Father
Australia
flag msg tools

YOU IS A FUNNY GUY

;-p
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
England
Melksham
Wiltshire
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Bifford the Youngest
mbmbmbmbmb
How's that avatar coming along bud??
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kenneth Stuart
United States
Hawthorne
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Bifford wrote:
Looks like he already purchased it but hasn't yet uploaded an image.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
"Too late, too late" will be the cry…
badge
…when the man with the bargains has passed you by.
mbmbmbmbmb
Oops, I see we've now started on the IC thread; I'll begin posting there at some point today here, then.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The All Father
Australia
flag msg tools
Bifford wrote:
As Kennith noted; but as the site will not let me upload from my iPad (my only net access), I'll have to wait till I can get to a computer some time, transferr some pics, and upload from there.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kenneth Stuart
United States
Hawthorne
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
mb wrote:
I can't believe this is a microbadge. shake
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
wizcreations wrote:
mb wrote:
I can't believe this is a microbadge. shake
Me either, that's why it's funny! Still, while relatively simple to create, the concept behind it is strong in its simplicity: a Geek/graphic designer inside joke. (Plus, it functions well as a spacer.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
England
Melksham
Wiltshire
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Bifford the Youngest
mbmbmbmbmb
I gotta ask, Paul. What's with the white horizontal band through your order of the stick avatar??? I find it damned annoying for some strange reason!!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Bifford wrote:
I gotta ask, Paul. What's with the white horizontal band through your order of the stick avatar??? I find it damned annoying for some strange reason!!!
'Excellent. It's working!' devil

laugh

Actually, that's the system-imposed, 2px border of my übergeekbadge you see there.
Another Color wrote:
Paul
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
(And it's a Beanish guard from Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga, not Order of the Stick; though I can see the similarity.
http://www.mariowiki.com/Beanbean_Guard
What's a geek without his obscure references?)

cool

I like your ouroboros, btw.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
England
Melksham
Wiltshire
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Bifford the Youngest
mbmbmbmbmb
MichMedia wrote:
Bifford wrote:
'Excellent. It's working!' devil

laugh

Actually, that's the system-imposed, 2px border of my übergeekbadge you see there.
Another Color wrote:
Paul
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
(And it's a Beanish guard from Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga, not Order of the Stick; though I can see the similarity. http://www.mariowiki.com/Beanbean_Guard What's a geek without his obscure references?)

cool

aaahhhhhh! Now that's a clever bit of jiggery-pokery! Shame about the border :/
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Bifford wrote:
aaahhhhhh! Now that's a clever bit of jiggery-pokery! Shame about the border :/
Thanks! Yeah, the rules are a bit strange. An attempt at some semblance of uniformity, I'd guess. But then, why allow images at all? Seems arbitrary.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Caffrey
Ireland
Meath
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Quick rules question: Can I do two separate actions in one turn? I want to use magic to turn the room dark and then my lockpicking to open the cell when the guard can't see me. Would I make the first roll and then if it's successful, edit in the second part?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Legandir wrote:
Quick rules question: Can I do two separate actions in one turn? I want to use magic to turn the room dark and then my lockpicking to open the cell when the guard can't see me. Would I make the first roll and then if it's successful, edit in the second part?
Good question. I was thinking the guard may notice (or be led to notice) my now apparently empty cell and investigate, giving you your chance to pick the lock.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
England
Melksham
Wiltshire
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Bifford the Youngest
mbmbmbmbmb
Orklord wrote:
hey GM, what's up? More posting coming soon?

I thought you were all doing rather well on your own actually...!

But if you insist! When I get to work I shall see what I can do for you all.

maw haw haw haw devildevildevildevilgoo
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
[1]  Prev «  1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [19] |