Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: Newbie [+] 2013-RPG-Newbie-Initiative [+] [View All]
Nathalie
Canada
Calgary, AB /
Dieppe, NB
flag msg tools
badge
“A ship is safe in harbor, but that's not what ships are for.” ― William G.T. Shedd
mbmbmbmbmb
Wilikai wrote:
She looked over at Kale, smiling at himself as his nimble fingers toiled at the lock. He seemed nice enough, and certainly loyal to his captain. The pilot was a complete unknown to her; they had only seen each other in passing.

I just want to check to make sure that by The Pilot you are refering to Snargle?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Mansell
United States
Naperville
IL
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
MelodramaBabs wrote:
Wilikai wrote:
She looked over at Kale, smiling at himself as his nimble fingers toiled at the lock. He seemed nice enough, and certainly loyal to his captain. The pilot was a complete unknown to her; they had only seen each other in passing.

I just want to check to make sure that by The Pilot you are refering to Snargle?

Yes, I sure am.

Sorry my post is so long and has so many updates. I keep seeing little things I want to tweak, in terms of character or story. I'll try to keep my edits to a minimum in the future, since other people will need to play off of what I write, and vice versa.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bifford "Bring back Ernie" (Sam)
England
Melksham
Wiltshire
flag msg tools
designer
http://www.seaxeandsorcery.co.uk
badge
Bifford the Youngest
mbmbmbmbmb
If it helps press preview then read through what you wrote. You can then re-edit as needed before posting
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathalie
Canada
Calgary, AB /
Dieppe, NB
flag msg tools
badge
“A ship is safe in harbor, but that's not what ships are for.” ― William G.T. Shedd
mbmbmbmbmb
ninja
mb
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathalie
Canada
Calgary, AB /
Dieppe, NB
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Bifford wrote:
If it helps press preview then read through what you wrote. You can then re-edit as needed before posting

I'm also a fan of Notepad.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Miller
United States
Catasauqua
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
mbmb
Just posted. Wanted to say OOC that the Vance is completely making stuff up with the whole "Naomi is a noble woman traveling in disguise" bit. I figured it would be fun for him to guess the truth as if it's lie. And apply it to the wrong woman, too! Just setting him up for major embarrassment when the truth eventually comes out.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Mansell
United States
Naperville
IL
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
swlives wrote:
Just posted. Wanted to say OOC that the Vance is completely making stuff up with the whole "Naomi is a noble woman traveling in disguise" bit. I figured it would be fun for him to guess the truth as if it's lie. And apply it to the wrong woman, too! Just setting him up for major embarrassment when the truth eventually comes out.
I caught that and thought it was a nice touch. It probably won't come to this, but I thought that was a nice setup for some sort of Shakespearean identity confusion.

Love both of the new posts very much. "Fiend" is a most interesting and unexpected character! Keep up the great work, guys.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
England
Melksham
Wiltshire
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Bifford the Youngest
mbmbmbmbmb
Nice one both of you

Yes, I admit that Fiend certainly adds an extra dimension to Naomi!

Michael - I don't think you need the [Thought]...[/thought] brackets, as I think everyone is following my advice to put thoughts in italics and ' ' - to me the bracket things just interupt your narrative.

Oh, and I liked your (explanation) use in the greyed dice rolling break-down.

Yu lot should be out of here soon enough lol
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron M
msg tools
mb
I love the noble woman concept from Vance, I think it fits perfectly with the hidden identity of Natasha being an awkward realization and I'm glad you rolled a 6 because I'd imagine even MaacWeyr might be a bit hesitant to consider Naomi a daughter from a noble house if he caught a good look at the ruffian.

Sweet sweet freedom!

Not really sure about the extra crazy I added to Naomi yet. The enslavement and craving of battle just seemed to cry out for a little additional insanity. Hopefully it doesn't become too tacky.

This is a lot of fun
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Mansell
United States
Naperville
IL
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Checking in for the evening, I'm waiting for Heather to post before I continue. I'm sure Kale will have that lock popped any minute now! Otherwise, Natasha might have to resort to less subtle methods...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathalie
Canada
Calgary, AB /
Dieppe, NB
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Wilikai wrote:
It probably won't come to this, but I thought that was a nice setup for some sort of Shakespearean identity confusion.

*cough*
Have you glanced at Snargle's [tags]
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Heather Hamilton
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I was waiting to give everyone else a chance too. I didn't want to jump right back in. I am reading and typing it up now!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Mansell
United States
Naperville
IL
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
bolieride wrote:
I was waiting to give everyone else a chance too. I didn't want to jump right back in. I am reading and typing it up now!
No problem! I was just trying to keep the group updated.

Aaron, MaacWeyr's back is turned. Perhaps now might be a good time to satiate Fiend?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Miller
United States
Catasauqua
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
mbmb
Wilikai wrote:
[q="bolieride"]Aaron, MaacWeyr's back is turned. Perhaps now might be a good time to satiate Fiend?

Almost as if it had been planned that way. whistle
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron M
msg tools
mb
Its killing me how excited I am to write but not yet having the time. Trying to pack, respond to emails and be ready for my wakeup call at 4 am to catch the plane home.

Trying my best to make this come together tonight but apologies in advance if it doesn't happen until tomorrow. I tend to revise and re-revise so much its amazing I ever post anything at all

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathalie
Canada
Calgary, AB /
Dieppe, NB
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Eslosh wrote:
Its killing me how excited I am to write but not yet having the time. Trying to pack, respond to emails and be ready for my wakeup call at 4 am to catch the plane home.

Trying my best to make this come together tonight but apologies in advance if it doesn't happen until tomorrow. I tend to revise and re-revise so much its amazing I ever post anything at all

I am a serial editor and reviser. I totally understand!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathalie
Canada
Calgary, AB /
Dieppe, NB
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I also want to say that whenever I read "MaacWeyr"

I picture "MacGyver"

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
England
Melksham
Wiltshire
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Bifford the Youngest
mbmbmbmbmb
So am I right in thinking Naomi will be furthering her post to include the results of that roll??

If that is so I won't post as Maacweer. Naomi - bare in mind that MC has just turned from your cell toward Kale and seen another prisoner is free. He has approximately 2 seconds to act before you hit him.

So instead of a GM question over there disrupting the flow I'll ask it here instead:

Do the guards have an alarm button on their body - like one of those old rape alarms but linked to the system? Does he have enough time to activate it? Or would he have to get to a console or wall panel to hit an alarm? Or is he too stunned to do anything except stand there prone and maybe groan as he realises his massive error...

I'll need this sort of thing considered in your answer please Naomi and possibly even Kale too.

nice work on the botched lockpick btw Kale LOL Now would be a good time to point out your "Secret of the Reflexes"... it's not too late to use this if you can get an edit in before Naomi to re-roll and try not to fail. (you might decide the door squeak is a nice distraction though?)

Just a few things to think about lol
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron M
msg tools
mb
Hah, I took the scene to be gullible Maacweer letting us out, turning around and trying to decipher how someone was escaping before lights out. Maybe he thought somehow his keycard opened both doors on accident?

Thats our Maacweer! (Tune in every Wednesday on NBC).

I can rewrite my section a bit if that seems a bit unlikely, but as for now I really need to get some sleep. Next time I'll be sure to re-read stuff a bit closely to make sure the NPCs get a proper reaction.

Nathalie - Its totally Macgyver to me too, a gullible, simpleminded Macgyver. Hes my favorite NPC and I had to knock him out cry
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
England
Melksham
Wiltshire
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Bifford the Youngest
mbmbmbmbmb
No, I think you got the edit just about right

And I like your addition of "why is there only one guard, something is not right." I expect the others to play up to this

Right, I'm off to work. More in two hours 40
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
England
Melksham
Wiltshire
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Bifford the Youngest
mbmbmbmbmb
Please excuse the mild expletive used in the next sentence..but it gives across proper feeling...

Bloody hell fire Dave, where the blue-arsed firefly of an idea did THAT gem of an idea come from!????????

As I was reading that I was thinking "oh, come on - he's making this rather too easy for everyone!" then I carried on reading and was like "...or maybe not! ROTFLMAO! Genius!"

I do believe you lot are all master word-smiths, and it's a pleasure working with you!

Can't wait to see what the rest of you do with that little nugget of story arc! hahahahaha
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
England
Melksham
Wiltshire
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Bifford the Youngest
mbmbmbmbmb
Just as a further addendum to this - I posted about your game as a whole, and that last post in particular, over on another website and the response was this:

"John_Harper:
Wow. That's really fantastic. Never seen that approach in any LB game before."

And in case that doesn't mean much to you......John is the guy who Wrote Lady Blackbird. laughcool
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathalie
Canada
Calgary, AB /
Dieppe, NB
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Bifford wrote:
Just as a further addendum to this - I posted about your game as a whole, and that last post in particular, over on another website and the response was this:

"John_Harper:
Wow. That's really fantastic. Never seen that approach in any LB game before."

And in case that doesn't mean much to you......John is the guy who Wrote Lady Blackbird. laughcool

That's awesome!
nothing like putting the pressure on in case he decides to pop into the thread to see what's going on.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Heather Hamilton
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Does Naomi look the same, or are we talking a significant Bruce Banner/Hulk sort of difference here?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
England
Melksham
Wiltshire
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Bifford the Youngest
mbmbmbmbmb
I've updated your character sheets

Natasha is the only one so far to Hit a key (Imposter) for her work on Kale so she has 1XP. She's used 1 pool dice;

Naomi used 2 pool dice;

Cyrus used 2 pool dice;

Kale used 0 pool dice

Snargle used 0 pool dice.

If you think you've hit a key anywhere at any time please say so and we'll discuss

Also - do you guys want a GM question post or are you okay carrying on by yourselves for now?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
[1]  Prev «  1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [11] |