Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: Newbie [+] 2013-RPG-Newbie-Initiative [+] [View All]
Crimson Fox
United States
Cincinnati
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Pleasant to meet you! YOu'll have to excuse me, dear. The guards and I got tired of fighting each other so we're having tea and cake. Later on we're going for a roll in ze hay!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bifford "Bring back Ernie" (Sam)
England
Melksham
Wiltshire
flag msg tools
designer
http://www.seaxeandsorcery.co.uk
badge
Bifford the Youngest
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi guys, how's everyone doing? Do you need a GM prompt in the story?

You may have noticed but Snargle has gone AWOL so carry on without him and I will play his part for a bit till a replacement is found. All the waiting obviously made him bored.

Cameron - do you need help with how Lady Blackbird works? Feel free to ask questions if you do - but I also recommend reading the first page of posts in the OOC thread for all my explanations of things. Then I recommend posting a example text and dice roll here in the OOC area to be sure you get everything understood correctly.

Sam

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cameron
United States
Belleair Beach
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
Whatever ya' say sugah-cube.
mbmbmbmbmb
(Okay, let's see if I got this right then. Also, one quick question. How long is one "session"? Is a session the entire game? So a secret can only be used that one time? Okay, I'll just make up a short example scenario to test this out.)

Cyrus glanced over at Lady Blackbird and gritted his teeth as his companions waited for the brilliant plan he had just barked he had, which was a lie. The old planned meant the Lady would be in harms way...

"Alright, this is how we're going to do it. Listen up 'cause I'm only saying this once. I will be the one to head towards the helm. There's no need to send a group and just risk more of us getting hurt. Once you get my signal you can make your run for it. Anyone have any issues with me putting my own life on the line to cover your asses? No? Good."

Cyrus turned down the hallway. Damn was he being a fool and over a girl to boot. Cyrus gripped at the pommel of his sabre as he stood for a moment before wrapping his hand around the handle and drawing the long sharp blade from its home at his side. Well, it was now or never. Cyrus kicked the door open while drawing his pistol with his off hand and charged inside the room of surprised enemies.

Warrior: Battle-hardened, Shooting, Pistol, Fencing, Sword.

1+1+5=7 dice. 7custom2{0;1} = (0 + 0 + 1 + 1 + 1 + 1 + 0) = 4

Cyrus took many scrapes and bruises but managed to clear the helm-room. With heavy breathe he called for his companions signaling the way was clear.

(So, is something like that about right? And so as for XP I'm not sure when it is awarded but for that post I'd get 2 for hitting the kets of Longing and Leadership?)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 359459. Pongapp
  • 7custom2{0;1} =
  • (0 + 0 + 1 + 1 + 1 + 1 + 0) =
  • Sun May 12, 2013 6:02 pm
England
Melksham
Wiltshire
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Bifford the Youngest
mbmbmbmbmb
As long as that first 1 in the roll was for being alive then yup!

Don't forget you also have pool dice that you can use. And you can help someone else in a task too (they use one of your pool dice).

As to sessions - they would normally be at the end of a nights gaming. In pbf I make a session the end of an important scene - so once you've escaped the Hand of Sorrow and are safe.

Pool dice and other items can be regained by doing a "Refresh Scene" (cutscene) with at least one other player.

With regards difficulty of rolls, if it's something you can do blindfolded : 2 , normal level : 3. If in doubt or if I knoww what is coming then I will say what the aim is.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Heather Hamilton
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, would be good to get going again!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cameron
United States
Belleair Beach
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Cool! I'll make a post tonight
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cameron
United States
Belleair Beach
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Gah, I forgot that I really need to read and catch up. I'll try and post early tomorrow after I get a better handle on the story and what's happened so far. Nice to get started and meet you all!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
England
Melksham
Wiltshire
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Bifford the Youngest
mbmbmbmbmb
There you all go - a bit of a kickstart GM question time post on top of a snargle post to hopefully get this cart rolling again

If anyone knows John Campbell and can persuade him to come back to the fold that would be great too.

Any questions Please ask!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Heather Hamilton
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I will reply tomorrow!! Good to be back.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
England
Melksham
Wiltshire
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Bifford the Youngest
mbmbmbmbmb
So people, come on - we need more responses and actions to my GM post. Lets keep this thing moving!!!!!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
[1]  Prev «  7 , 8 , 9 , 10 , 11  |