Lady Blackbird» Forums » Play By Forum

Subject: Bifford's Lady Blackbird OOC Game A - Newbie Initiative 2013 rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: Newbie [+] 2013-RPG-Newbie-Initiative [+] [View All]
Dan Collier
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Posted... I hope I didn't "do" too much in it. (Though it looks like I've failed in doing what I wanted to do lol)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Crimson Fox
United States
Cincinnati
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
colliered wrote:
Posted... I hope I didn't "do" too much in it. (Though it looks like I've failed in doing what I wanted to do lol)

join the club

maybe we should fight each other and we would do good that way.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bifford "Bring back Ernie" (Sam)
England
Melksham
Wiltshire
flag msg tools
designer
http://www.seaxeandsorcery.co.uk
badge
Bifford the Youngest
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi guys.

I think I can safely say that this particular PBF game has the "Jinx of the Drop-outs".

I had a message from SWLives saying that due to real life demands he is unable to carry on playing Cyrus Vance. Which is a damned pity but such is life. He leaves on good terms (unlike certain other previous players).

So, my first port of call for a replacement is to ask all of you if you know anyone who would like to jump into Vance's shoes and take on his role. Newbie or old hand to RPG and PBF, I don't mind. As long as they can emulate Michael's style for at least a short while until they can make the character their own.

If no one does then I shall open it up to the Geek in general...

Sam / Bifford
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Collier
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Can't say I know anyone I'm afraid, I'm sorry.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Heather Hamilton
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Noooooo! We must find someone. I enjoy this game, and would like to see how it plays out.
Unfortunately, I don't know anyone either....
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
England
Melksham
Wiltshire
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Bifford the Youngest
mbmbmbmbmb
i shall advertise on the forum again...

I don't want the game to end either
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
England
Melksham
Wiltshire
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Bifford the Youngest
mbmbmbmbmb
How's everyone doing? It's all gone a bit quiet.... Let's keep this ball rolling and not gathering moss!

I think I've found our replacement Captain He's totally new to all things Geek RPG and dice etc so some further reiteration of the system will be forthcoming. But then you've all been there and done that so I expect you will all be helpful and patient.

But please feel free to keep playing in the meantime!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Heather Hamilton
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Good news indeed!
Question before I go post...the injured tag? What does it do mechanically? Do I get fewer dice, or is it narrative? When I read back over the rules it wasn't specific, so I want to be sure!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
England
Melksham
Wiltshire
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Bifford the Youngest
mbmbmbmbmb
bolieride wrote:
Good news indeed!
Question before I go post...the injured tag? What does it do mechanically? Do I get fewer dice, or is it narrative? When I read back over the rules it wasn't specific, so I want to be sure!!

It's another" make your own penalties" thing So write it into your narrative, if you think it's a wound that would hamper you impose a 1 step (or more) penalty, otherwise just use it as narrative material
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Heather Hamilton
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Kale has awakened, and unfortunately not doing much good at this point!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
England
Melksham
Wiltshire
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Bifford the Youngest
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi guys,.....it's been a bit of a break hasn't it?

I messaged Cameron, our replacement Vance earlier and he replied saying sorry but work went hectic and he's gonna be snowed under for two weeks.

So, we have three options:

d10-1 I say to him "sorry, we need to restart, I'll have to look for someone else" (he's fine with that choice if we decide that);

d10-2 We bring him on board and simply wait two weeks more to resume the game;

d10-3 I take over Cyrus for the short-term interim period and then Cameron takes over as and when he's available.

So, this is now open to the jury for a decision.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Collier
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Oops, and I just posted!

Umm.... as far as I'm concerned I'm happy to wait I suppose, though I'm also happy to carry on with you taking over.

That being said, if everyone wants to restart, you can include my name to play Naomi again, or whoever.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
England
Melksham
Wiltshire
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Bifford the Youngest
mbmbmbmbmb
Not a restart from the beginning lol...just restart playing.

A reply to your post has been made I see you took the bold option of not adding in the extra pool dice!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Collier
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
It could have ended badly for Naomi I know... but..... no risk no gain and all that!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Crimson Fox
United States
Cincinnati
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm okay with waiting but with things like this I always expect after the two weeks are up, they quit anyway. (because that often happens)

Restarting is okay too. We have kind of got into keystone kops mode falling over ourselves. But at least we know the commands and rolls better now.

I really don't see him returning.

DO you want to take over the character Biff? NOt sure if it matters either way to you. Hmmm..

I don't care what is decided but I think my vote is restart. There is absolutely no momentum here.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
England
Melksham
Wiltshire
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Bifford the Youngest
mbmbmbmbmb
BTW, Heather!!!!

bolieride wrote:
Kale limps over to the guard standing up, still reeling from aftershock.
As he quickly heads over he reaches down and get a piece of broken table and goes to knock the guard back out, before the guard even knows what hits him.
Alive + Quick + Dirty Fighting + 1 from pool = 4 dice
1 + 1 + 1 + 1 = 4custom2{0;1} = bolieride previously rolled 4custom2{0;1} = (1 + 0 + 1 + 1) = 3

When Kale swings at the guard, his vision goes blurry again, and only lightly grazes the guard across the ear.

I've just noticed that your roll there did not include the "Trait", only the "tags"! You missed off "Tricky".

Also, with a slightly re-write you can quite easily incorporate "tumbler" into that list, thus:

"As he heads over he drops to one knee, grabbing a piece of broken table, rolls and springs back up to knock the guard back out, before the guard even knows what hits him."

If you decide to do that please edit the post, then add a second roll in with two dice. You may then leave or alter the resulting line as the new dice roll sees fit.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
England
Melksham
Wiltshire
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Bifford the Youngest
mbmbmbmbmb
CrimsonFox wrote:
I'm okay with waiting but with things like this I always expect after the two weeks are up, they quit anyway. (because that often happens)

Restarting is okay too. We have kind of got into keystone kops mode falling over ourselves. But at least we know the commands and rolls better now.

I really don't see him returning.

DO you want to take over the character Biff? NOt sure if it matters either way to you. Hmmm..

I don't care what is decided but I think my vote is restart. There is absolutely no momentum here.

Hmm. Interesting. So you are voting for a complete re-boot?

Just to clarify, the guy I PM'd earlier is Not the fella who has been playing Vance up till now. Cameron is new to Lady Blackbird, a geekmod on the BGG side of things and wasn't expecting his work to snow him under.

Personally, I would be happy to play Cyrus in the short term, but not for the entire game.

I think we can easily get out of the "keystone cops" thing, as you so nicely put it. Learning how to add in more tags to boost your dice rolling is part of that - as I may have just shown you above with the note to heather. I admit, part of all this is my fault - with all the drop-outs and replacements I kind of let the game slip a bit, but I fully intend to rectify that. And part of that is allowing Heather to add in extra narrative to boost her dice roll and thereby hopefully manage to knock that guard out.

With Naomi having just taken out a guard, and Snargle the other, once this one is down you are free of all immediate problems.

From there I can allow you all to FULLY write your characters as YOU see fit, without having to take into account previous "owners". And I think it will flow nicely from here on in....

With all the above, Crimson, would you be happy to carry on from where we are, or would you want to restart still?? And how do the others feel if a restart is preferred?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Heather Hamilton
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I am happy with however we go forward. I would hate to wait because as other's have mentioned, it tends to disolve.
So, just to be clear before I go repost, I can add in a couple dice (if narrative reflects) to be tricky and because I am batty and forgot my Trait. And this means I can roll again? Because if so
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
England
Melksham
Wiltshire
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Bifford the Youngest
mbmbmbmbmb
Heather, don't "roll again" - just roll the extra two dice please ( 2custom2 etc).

And edit the original post (now part way up the last page) to do this please.

Thanks

And in that case, I shall narrate the captain for a couple of weeks then Cameron can take over when able. (i'll be keeping Vance's posts simple)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Heather Hamilton
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Done!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
England
Melksham
Wiltshire
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Bifford the Youngest
mbmbmbmbmb
Coolies. Last post edited to include the results

I am cream crackered, so am off to bed. The room is now clear of guards though there's a bit of cleaning up to do if you don't want Snargle's one and Kale's one to wake up and sound the alarms.

feel free to post at will. I shall post something for Cyrus tomorrow when I get the chance.

Oh, and Naomi got key of warrior btw. I'll look to see if any other keys got hit tomorrow.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Heather Hamilton
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I haven't abandoned, I am just waiting to let someone else post. I don't want to be a post hog.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
England
Melksham
Wiltshire
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Bifford the Youngest
mbmbmbmbmb
Sent a mail to our new Cyrus to see if his life is less hectic yet, so awaiting a reply.

However, I have also sent several mails to our Snargle with no reply so it appears he has bailed on us

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cameron
United States
Belleair Beach
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
Whatever ya' say sugah-cube.
mbmbmbmbmb
Howdy ya'll! How're you all doing? Just thought I'd drop in and say hi. I would be more than happy to fill in as your Cyrus though I'm new to the whole BGG RPG thing so bear with me. I'll try and keep him close to how he was set up but I might sort of change how i play him a bit more over time to fit a bit more how I see him. I kind of see him as a Balthier (FFXII) type character.

Well, nice to meet you all!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Collier
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Nice to meet you too! Thanks for coming on board, it'll be ace to get this rocking again, I was really enjoying it!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
[1]  Prev «  7 , 8 , 9 , 10 , 11  Next »  [11] |