The Hotness
Games|People|Company
Legacy of Dragonholt
Star Crossed
Art and Arcana: A Visual History
OSR Solo
Disciples of Bone & Shadow: Core Rules
Run Faster
The Fantasy Trip: Legacy Edition
Ticket of Leave #14: Hark, Now Hear the Sailors Cry
Ironsworn
D&D Essentials Kit
Beamswords and Bazookas
Ninth World Bestiary 3
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Core Rulebook
The Engagement of Adelaide Endicott
Spookshow
Domains of Dread
HR5: The Glory of Rome Campaign Sourcebook
The Adventurer's Toolkit
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game: Beginner Box
Shadows of a Black Sun
The One Ring Roleplaying Game
Dungeon Master's Guide (D&D 5e)
Numenera: Starter Set
The Wizard's Scroll (Issue 1)
Amazing Tales
Thousand Year Old Vampire
100 Books to Find on a Pugmire Bookshelf
The Sunken Village of Little Corth
MH-13: Decades: One-Shot Adventures
Highfell
Escape from the Coven of the Setting Sun
GMaid
Through Ultan's Door (Issue 2 - Jun 19)
MHHA-3: Infinity Warriors
Blightburg
Players Handbook (AD&D 1e)
Dungeon Masters Guide (AD&D 1e)
Monster Manual (AD&D 1e)
Dungeon Master's Guide (D&D 4e)
Forgotten Realms Player's Guide
Fiend Folio
Arcane Power
The Enemy Within Campaign Volume 1: Shadows Over Bögenhafen
Manual of the Planes
Angmar: Land of the Witch King
Call of Cthulhu (6th Edition)
Dread
Wilderness Survival Guide
Deities & Demigods
Greyhawk Adventures
Recommend
9 
 Thumb up
 Hide
292 Posts
1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [12] | 

Pathfinder Society Scenario 3-00 Intro 1: In Service to Lore» Forums » Play By Forum

Subject: RPGG PFS Guild Game - In Service To Lore [IC] rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Deane Beman
United States
Rochester
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Fresh off your induction into the Society and the completion of your basic training within the organization, you find themselves in the office of Ambrus Valsin, the venture-captain in charge of daily operations in and around the Grand Lodge. The efficient and straightforward chamberlain greets the you curtly and motions for you to sit.
6 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Deane Beman
United States
Rochester
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
“All right, Pathfinders! Listen up. I know you are new recruits eager to make names for yourselves in the organization, first we need to make sure you are up to snuff and won't get yourself killed out there. I have a number of small assignments for you and your team, and it would be best if you could finish them before the day's end.

“Every day we get some doe-eyed hopeful or some sniveling bootlicker willing to do anything to join up with the Pathfinders. Most of them are good kids, but not all of them have the salt to make it in a world like this. It's rough out there and I'm not just talking about the ruins, tombs, and wilderness Pathfinders find themselves in on missions. We've got people who look down their noses at us, folks who think we squander our resources, and agents who want to take everything we have collected. This wealth of knowledge and these items of lore make us the most powerful organization on the planet. That said, since we are fractured and widespread, it's difficult for that power to light on anything for too long. For every friend of the Society, there are two enemies."
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Deane Beman
United States
Rochester
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
“Your first mission, to test your mettle and loyalties, sends you to meet a few people important to the Society living here in Absalom. These are other venture-captains or close allies of our organization, so follow their orders as you would mine. I've prepared a list of things I want you to do. They're not arranged in any particular order of importance, but I want them all completed as quickly as possible. Only report to me once you complete them all. Included in the envelope you hold in your hands is the list, complete with the name of your contact, and directions to the meeting location."
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Deane Beman
United States
Rochester
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Assignment #17:

☐ A man named Guaril Karela runs a curio shop in the Docks called the Pickled Imp. Go to him and fill his request as a favor to the Society. I believe it has something to do with a set of rare books.

☐ Ollysta Zadrian requested aid and is expecting you at the Temple of the Shining Star in the Ascendant Court. She needs someone to deliver a parcel of medicine and curatives to a needy orphanage and verify the character of the recipient.

☐ Visit the offices of Osirian nobleman Dremdhet Salhar in the Wise Quarter. The Pathfinder Society needs to obtain permission to delve the Salhar ancestral vaults beneath Sothis. He has made a verbal agreement, and your visit makes it official. You will receive an official charter and detailed maps. Do not embarrass the Society in this matter.

☐ Chelish Paracountess Zarta Dralneen possesses an item loaned from the Vaults. Meet with her in her estate in the Ivy District and retrieve the item in her possession
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Deane Beman
United States
Rochester
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Feel free to introduce yourselves to one another as you decide which task you'd like to tackle first.
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Internet rage goon
United States
Altadena
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
A tall, slender man with olive skin steps forward and nods politely to each of you. "Well met to you all. I am Zstelian Rynov, humble priest of Desna." Those of you who know languages might detect a slight Varisian accent.

For the record, I'm pronouncing the first name

ZH-TELL-EE-AN

with the stress on "TELL"


With that Zsentlian subtly flourishes the silver holy symbol of his goddess (whose realm includes dreams, luck, and travelers) and the starknife at his belt (Desna's favored weapon).

"I have journeyed the length and breadth of the Inner Sea, and I have come to Absalom to find fellow travelers amongst the Pathfinders; travel is indeed my lifeblood, and this Society will give another purpose to my wandering.

Might I suggest we consider visiting the Osirian first? If we hope to make a good impression upon him, perhaps it is best if we are not covered in the dust of a day's travels and work."


Honestly I don't really care which we do first, that was just the first thing that struck me.
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brent Johnson
United States
Cleveland Heights
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
Fleeting memories rise | From the shadows of my mind | Sing "nonomori" - endless corridors | Say "nonomori" - hopeless warriors | You were there | You were there
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
A slim young man with dark eyes and the unmistakable features of a Tian regards Ztelian gravely for a moment before bowing. "My name is Kagebuto. Is good plan. Also, documents not too heavy to carry around city all day. Maybe...visit paracountess last?" He turns back to Valsin. "How big is item to retrieve from paracountess?"

Kagebuto's words are accented but precisely enunciated.

5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Karpouzian
United States
Waverly
Iowa
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
A tall, wiry human, Artemis (who clearly thinks more of himself than pretty much anyone else), steps up with a nod.

"I call myself Artemis. You may have heard of me? No? Well... You will. The first and last tasks are excellent suggestions, thank you. As far as those in the middle, perhaps expedience should win out, and we go to the second and third destinations based on distance?"
6 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jake Hermance
United States
Arlington
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Faonton strolls up and after pouring over what appears to be a map of Absalom, he speaks up.

"Both The Ivy District and Wise District are on the North end of the City, while the docks are on the southside. If the goal is expedience, then we should do the Countess and Nobleman together, not on the front and end of our day. The Temple is also closer to the wise district so maybe we should go there third and leave the docks last. "
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Deane Beman
United States
Rochester
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
"The item from the paracountess is a small box...nothing you can't handle. Now if you'll excuse me I have other groups to brief." with that the Venture Captain leaves up the room; closing the door firmly behind him.

6 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brent Johnson
United States
Cleveland Heights
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
Fleeting memories rise | From the shadows of my mind | Sing "nonomori" - endless corridors | Say "nonomori" - hopeless warriors | You were there | You were there
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Kagebuto shrugs. "Well then, is it Osirian first, then paracountess, then temple, and finally docks?"

6 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
George Buss
United States
Muncie
Indiana
flag msg tools
"It seems, that is, I may have become, quite by accident, the chosen, what what?"
badge
“Here is my secret. It's quite simple: One sees clearly only with the heart. Anything essential is invisible to the eyes.” ― Antoine de Saint-Exupéry, Petit Prince
Avatar
Bursting through the door, Erwin Othollo rolls in eating an apple.

Well Met! You haven't set out yet. Captain said I could still join if I made it in time! I was... a little occupied with a young lady who wanted to learn more about my... skills.

Erwin Othollo, Bard, performer, and overall Daredevil at your service!

He looks around the room from face to face expecting instantaneous applause... Slightly miffed it doesn't break out, but no matter!

Well. Serious business at hand. A Map! Yes... So where are we going?
6 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Liam Mooney
England
Chester
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Alron, Cavalier of the Order of the Sword, nods in agreement.

I agree, the fastest way is often best.
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
George Buss
United States
Muncie
Indiana
flag msg tools
"It seems, that is, I may have become, quite by accident, the chosen, what what?"
badge
“Here is my secret. It's quite simple: One sees clearly only with the heart. Anything essential is invisible to the eyes.” ― Antoine de Saint-Exupéry, Petit Prince
Avatar
What's that? A paracountess? Wouldn't mind starting my day there at all!

Say! Is this thing worth reading?


Erwin holds up his unopened envelope of information, then with a flourish, it disappears from sight.

No? Guess not!

Under his breath he mutters, Tough Crowd!
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Internet rage goon
United States
Altadena
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Zstelian is happy to find himself amongst such an agreeable and focused group - at least until Erwin sweeps inside. "An envelope? No doubt it would be useful," he says with a forced smile. "But hurry, if you please - it is already past time for me to be on the way!"
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
George Buss
United States
Muncie
Indiana
flag msg tools
"It seems, that is, I may have become, quite by accident, the chosen, what what?"
badge
“Here is my secret. It's quite simple: One sees clearly only with the heart. Anything essential is invisible to the eyes.” ― Antoine de Saint-Exupéry, Petit Prince
Avatar
Erwin feins disbelief.

I may be late, but I was listening. We all got one. I beleive it what you've been pouring over? Our 4 tasks?

dbeman wrote:
“Included in the envelope you hold in your hands is the list, complete with the name of your contact, and directions to the meeting location."


Now, is there anything to eat before we set out? I built up a bit of an appetite this morning and should restock before I am in the company of a countess, para or not!

Erwin tosses his apple core behind him, then roots around the room looking for another.
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Karpouzian
United States
Waverly
Iowa
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
"Well, I'm off to the Ivy district to complete the first of our tasks. Perhaps the rest of you should join me!"

Artemis makes as if to leave, looking behind him to see if anyone is following.
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
George Buss
United States
Muncie
Indiana
flag msg tools
"It seems, that is, I may have become, quite by accident, the chosen, what what?"
badge
“Here is my secret. It's quite simple: One sees clearly only with the heart. Anything essential is invisible to the eyes.” ― Antoine de Saint-Exupéry, Petit Prince
Avatar
Erwin saunters around the room until he finds himself directly behind Zstelian. Peering around the Preist, the halfling smiles at the rest of the party. With a flourish and a grunt...

Sleight of Hand 1d20+9 = (15) + 9 = 24

Erwin appears to pull an apple out from underneath the holy man.

Ahhh! Found something. Not too worse for wear.

Erwin shines the apple on his coat.

Now that should help us both out for the rest of the day he says to the Priest. He turns to Artemis, "A man taking leadership command. I love it. I follow you, sir. To Glory, eh?"

With a wink, he passes out the door behind the wiry fellow.
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 213004. ThatFedoraGuy
  • 1d20+9 =
  • (15) + 9 =
  • 24
  • Sleight of Hand
  • Sun Nov 18, 2012 8:21 pm
Daniel Karpouzian
United States
Waverly
Iowa
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Artemis flashes a "What have we gotten ourselves into" look at the rest of the team, and heads out.
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Deane Beman
United States
Rochester
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
As their first task you choose to retrieve an item on loan from the Pathfinder Vault. Paracountess Zarta Dralneen, an influential diplomat from the devil-worshiping nation of Cheliax, spent some time studying the box she borrowed hoping to shed some light on its contents.

Arriving at Paracountess Zarta Dralneen's townhouse in the Ivy District—one of several homes the noblewoman keeps around Absalom- you come upon a magnificent gothic structure three stories in height. The ebon lacquered double doors wrought with gleaming silver fixtures greet the characters, a prickly brass cone hanging from a chain serving as the door chime. Moments after ringing it, a servant in loose casual attire opens the door, greeting the Pathfinders as if expected.

Led through well-appointed sitting rooms, ballrooms, and a grand stairway granting a view of an elaborate study, you finally arrive on the third floor of the house, at the door of Zarta's personal study, which lies beyond her bedroom. Knocking upon the door and announcing his presence, the servant opens the darkly stained wooden door. A large intricate carpet dominates the marble floor in this sitting room. A chaise sits along the north wall and a desk spans the southeast corner, its chair positioned with its back to the southwest corner of the room. Three comfortable chairs are positioned around a small, low circular table. Sitting in the chair behind the desk, Paracountess Zarta Dralneen regards you with a wry smile, putting away a few papers before standing to address the group.
6 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Deane Beman
United States
Rochester
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
“Aldor, you are dismissed. Close the door behind you and attend to your other tasks.” She then turns her attention to the group. “It's always so incredibly adorable when I see a fresh-faced batch of Pathfinders. I mean, look at you scrumptious little teacakes. I could eat each and every one of you up. Well, maybe not you.” Zarta points at Alron. “I assume this isn't a pleasure visit since most of you are terribly overdressed for that manner of occasion, so that must mean you are here for that trinket Valsin has been nagging me about. Seems I can't get that man around these parts anymore,” she gestures, sliding her hand down her body and widening the gesture to sweep out and across the room as if her home were a secondary thought. “On the good side, he always sends me all the precious new recruits.

“Many think we in Cheliax serve and worship devils, but that couldn't be further from the truth. In fact, we use the creatures for their power. They serve us and we sculpt their power in our own interests. The world must come to terms with the order of things. People need to know their place and operate accordingly. It is the only way to make order from this world. Too many people stretch too far beyond their station, making waves and eroding the true order."
6 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Karpouzian
United States
Waverly
Iowa
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Artemis blurts out, "Uh, now I don't know about all that, but could we have the box?"
6 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Internet rage goon
United States
Altadena
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Zstelian barely manages to suppress a scowl at Artemis before turning smoothly to the Paracountess. He gives a deep bow and then his best smile - for he knows he is not unpleasant to behold - before speaking. "Truly, Paracountess, we are fresh-faced. Some of us, evidently, so fresh-faced as to be unaware of our station as novices. We look to our betters to teach us, though, and welcome any advice you can offer as we embark on this new part of our travels."
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
George Buss
United States
Muncie
Indiana
flag msg tools
"It seems, that is, I may have become, quite by accident, the chosen, what what?"
badge
“Here is my secret. It's quite simple: One sees clearly only with the heart. Anything essential is invisible to the eyes.” ― Antoine de Saint-Exupéry, Petit Prince
Avatar
karpouzian wrote:
Artemis blurts out, "Uh, now I don't know about all that, but could we have the box?"


Erwin steps in front of Artemis and bows low to the paracountess.

What my colleague is trying to say, is that it is above our place to discuss the business and needs of someone of your... Stature. The halflings eyes follow the path the ladies hands had. My business and place resides... In your box. May i look upon it, lady?

Diplomacy + Charming 1d20+7+1 = (14) + 7 + 1 = 22
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 213038. ThatFedoraGuy
  • 1d20+7+1 =
  • (14) + 7 + 1 =
  • 22
  • Diplomacy + Charming
  • Sun Nov 18, 2012 10:28 pm
Daniel Karpouzian
United States
Waverly
Iowa
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Artemis stands down, slightly flushing, leaving this to the less blunt.
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [12] | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.