Eddie Drood
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
Seriously, call Kenny Loggins because you're in the Danger Zone!
badge
M, as in Mancy
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Link to OOC character gen thread is HERE.

This is a Pathfinder Society game, using the scenario:
The Infernal Vault


The players:
T'Leynti / Leonie
Netherlands
Oud-Beijerland
flag msg tools
Live long and prosper
badge
You proceed from a false assumption. I am a Vulcan. I have no ego to bruise.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Yohann
France
flag msg tools
designer
Pandacon is Panda-On!
badge
Play, play, play and have a hell of a good time.
Avatar
mbmb
S H
United States
Hawaii
flag msg tools
mb



Jamie Tang
United States
Baltimore
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Mike Hadfield
Canada
St Andrews
New Brunswick
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb



If you are just browsing this thread and have questions or want to get in on a sanctioned Society game, check out our guild here.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eddie Drood
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
Seriously, call Kenny Loggins because you're in the Danger Zone!
badge
M, as in Mancy
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Pathfinder Society Play: The Infernal Vault
Player Status Tracking Post:


Character Cur/Max HP Status Player

Flinder Fizzlefinger 16/16 ---- Narl
Celestin Valette 17/17 ---- Shadow Hexagram
Merisel Sarven 19/19 ---- jatang
Daggert Pennyfellow 20/20 ---- MikeHadfield
Synagas 9/9 ---- maceman121


3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eddie Drood
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
Seriously, call Kenny Loggins because you're in the Danger Zone!
badge
M, as in Mancy
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
And away we go!

Synagas stood before Venture Captain Dreng, waiting politely while the man shuffled papers and waited for the rest of the group to show up. Remininding himself that such moments are a valuable lesson in patience, Synagas again replayed in his mind what happened already this morning to bring him here...

One hour ago...

Synagas reported to his faction leader, anxious to hear what his first assignment as a Pathfinder would be. Major Colson Maldris, Venture Captain and leader of the Andoran Pathfinders, smiled politely, rested his hands on his belt and began to speak as though to a large crowd, despite Synagas being alone in Colson's office.
Major Colson Maldris wrote:

"Clearly you value the freedom of every sentient creature and will be a great asset to the Eagle Knights and Andoran as we work to spread democracy throughout the Inner Sea. As you know, by defying tyranny and promoting freedom and self-government, we can rise to be the most powerful and influential nation in the world.

"Your training is complete, and the time has come. I'm sending you to work for Venture Captain Dreng, who is assembly a group to help in an urgent matter regarding the old Deckland family, and he requested Andoran help.

"The discovery of the Deckland vault is a great find for the Society, but also for our own glorious nation. During their time in Absalom, the Decklands made several gestures of goodwill to our people, and were once gifted with a magnificent flag of Andoran. This precious piece of history would better serve to inspire our citizens by being displayed in the streets than by moldering away in some dank vault! Retrieve this inspiring piece of history if possible. Also, know that the current Deckland heir brought with her an unsavory mercenary company--convince them not to loot the crypts so that our agents in the Society can sort through their contents once the vault is secured. You may do so with your wits or the sword. Now go, time is pressing!"

-----------

Synaga's recollection is interuupted by the arrival of a group of four Pathfinders. Their easy friendship made clear they were used to working together.

A well-armed halfling in a chain shirt and carrying a heavy shield nodded to him then stood at parade rest, waiting for the VC.

A human male wearing exquisite leather armor and an equally fancy rapier glided gracefully into the room just after the halfling, still chuckling at a joke he either told or enjoyed.

A second halfling wandered in after him, distracted by some maps displayed in the hallway, and mumbling to himself about his reflection in the display glass. He looks more like a professor in search of a classroom than the adventurous sort, but the wands and potions tucked into his belt suggested otherwise.

Last to enter was another human, this one female. She looked less polished and graceful than the other human, but it was clear her eyes missed nothing, and the well-crafted weapons strapped about her person barely made a sound as she moved in the hallway.

-----------

One hour ago...

A week or so after the last adventure, having returned to Absalom and a bit of rest for weary feet, the group is relaxing in the Grand Lodge's expansive pub when a messenger comes in, looking as though they'd run all the way here.

Knowing there couldn't be anything wrong with their performance in Escadar, the hunch that it is a new task is confirmed when a runner from the Silver Crusade arrives at their table with two sealed messages. Handing one to Daggert and one to Merisel, he bows and runs off, no doubt with more urgent deliveries to be made.

Daggert opened the letter, still sealed with the Dawnstar's symbol, and read:
Ollysta Zadrian wrote:

Pathfinders, Absalom has need of us again. There is trouble coming
for the city, and only prompt action can resolve it. I ask that
you represent the Silver Crusade in this matter, and aid Venture
Captain Dreng. He will provide the details.

As an overture of friendship to the Andoran faction, in addition to
helping Dreng, do what you can to aid the Andoran pathfinder who
will be joining you. He'll be looking for an Andoran flag rumoured
to be held in the vaults you'll be exploring. Be cautious, and
bring swift justice to those who would betray our city and its
people.

For love, peace, and goodness,
Ollysta Zadrian



Meanwhile, Merisel opened a sealed note from the Grand Lodge:
Venture Captain Valsin wrote:

Merisel, I'll be brief. Go help Drendle Dreng, he's got work that
must be done to keep Absalom safe. Get to it. The rest of your
usual group will be with you, as well as a promising new cleric who
recently made Pathfinder. And keep an eye out for any interesting
locking devices. The vaults are rumoured to have contraptions that
may help the Society protect ourselves better. Examine what you
can, and try to bring back a sample or two of the mechanisms.

Good luck, and don't waste time we don't have.
Venture Captain Valsin
------

Moments ago...

With practiced haste, the group got organized, and headed the now-familiar path to Drendle's office. Upon arrival, they see another Pathfinder standing there. A bit younger and less experienced than the group, the metallic silver hair and saphire blue eyes give away his celestial heritage. The rough iron holy symbol of a cleric rests on his armor, the type usually seen in Tian Xia--hexagonal plates made from iron and sewn to cloth.

-------

Now

Venture-Captain Drandle Dreng’s pinched face is hard to see from behind the stack of books that divide the front of his office from the space behind his desk. A shockingly old man with white hair and slightly milky eyes, he is surprised by the appearance of outsiders in his office, and looks up, half startled and half relieved.

"Thank you for coming on such short notice. I’d been meaning to introduce you to a new cleric that may do well with your group and give you time to know each other. But it seems that time has conspired against us."

Dreng mumbles to himself as he passes out a stack of notes and maps from behind the wall of books.

"These notes are from a recent chronicle-it contains some interesting finds, but one of them is now the utmost priority to the Society." Dreng lightly taps a bony finger on a map, on which can be seen the Eastgate district of Absalom, with a small corner townhouse circled in deep red.

"This townhouse is a façade for an underground vault. The vault belonged to an old noble family of Absalom that was expelled a decade ago: the Decklands. The family was forced out when their patriarch-a man known as Orias-was discovered to have written documents detailing the city’s defenses, documents he intended to hand over to hostile forces loyal to Cheliax. The Chronicle indicates that a copy of these documents exist within the vault.

“A Pathfinder looking into the Decklands and their Chronicle references in Cheliax was attacked and killed ten days ago. The thugs made off with a copy of his notes. Fortunately, he’d already sent us another copy. We have reason to believe it was the work of the Decklands’ oldest child, a young woman named Celeena, and she’s the reason this assignment is now urgent. The fact that Celeena and her forces were willing to kill a Pathfinder for this information shows how desperate they are to retrieve the documents. If she were able to get these documents and return them to Cheliax, it would undermine the defenses of the whole city, as well as cause the Society undue headaches.

"Find Celeena, find the documents in her vault, and prevent this situation from turning into one big mess for the Society. Any questions?"


3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
T'Leynti / Leonie
Netherlands
Oud-Beijerland
flag msg tools
Live long and prosper
badge
You proceed from a false assumption. I am a Vulcan. I have no ego to bruise.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
"Only one captain Dreng, you can describe how we can identify this Celeena, yes?"

Flinder looks curious at the cleric, seems a fine addition, yes.
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eddie Drood
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
Seriously, call Kenny Loggins because you're in the Danger Zone!
badge
M, as in Mancy
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Drendle sits back in his chair, absently sucking his teeth as he thinks...

"Well, that's difficult to say, as people can change over time, of course. She's a young female human, and a formidable Chelaxian-trained sorcerer and devil summoner. Even then, she was known as a great beauty.

"Her father, Orias, was a beloved Absalom nobleman until 10 years ago, when he was forced out of the city. Rumors have it that Cheliax agents threatened young Celeena’s life and Orias felt he know recourse but to betray the city’s defenses. I can only imagine the hardship the man had to endure for the safety of his family.

"The only other thing that may help identify her is that the agents in Cheliax report that Celeena hired mercenaries from the Devil’s Claw Company, a mercenary organization of failed Hellknights. Look for the beautiful young woman commanding those thugs, and you'll know it's her."
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Hadfield
Canada
St Andrews
New Brunswick
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
One thing is unclear to me Master Dreng, this Pathfinder was killed in Cheliax, and Celeena is suspected of the deed. Do you expect us to travel to Cheliax to search out this woman, or do you believe that she has made her way to Absalom?
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eddie Drood
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
Seriously, call Kenny Loggins because you're in the Danger Zone!
badge
M, as in Mancy
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
MikeHadfield wrote:
One thing is unclear to me Master Dreng, this Pathfinder was killed in Cheliax, and Celeena is suspected of the deed. Do you expect us to travel to Cheliax to search out this woman, or do you believe that she has made her way to Absalom?

"No, no. It's a surety that Celeena is either on her way or already in Absalom at her old family estate's vault. That is where her father had the document hidden. That is where you must go: to the Deckland vault, hidden in a house in the Eastgate district."
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
S H
United States
Hawaii
flag msg tools
mb
"Master Dreng, I seem to be a bit confused on this. Did Celeena turn to assist those that caused her family to be ousted from Absalom in the first place? It would seem there might be more to all of this if, after ten years, the family is still being forced, or voluntarily working for, the Cheliax."

Synagas stood there, his eyes focused steadily forward, but apparently a bit confused about what he was hearing, hoping it was something simple that he was not understanding. This being his first trip after his training, he wanted to ensure a good impression all around, and for that to happen, he knew he needed a good understanding of what exactly was happening.

"And, Sir, is Celeena to be considered an enemy and to be engaged upon contact, or is she to be a neutral entity until deemed otherwise?"
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eddie Drood
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
Seriously, call Kenny Loggins because you're in the Danger Zone!
badge
M, as in Mancy
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Dreng sighs, then speaks. "Perhaps she does it for profit, perhaps she's embraced Cheliaxian beliefs. In the end, it doesn't matter. What does matter is getting that document safely away from Chelaxian agents."
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Hadfield
Canada
St Andrews
New Brunswick
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
A remarkably neutral answer Master Dreng! Shall we be off?

Enthusiastic as always, Daggert is ready to go. He's far less worried about what to do when they get there, and far more interested in just getting there!
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
S H
United States
Hawaii
flag msg tools
mb
Synagas smiles a bit at the reply from Master Dreng, as much as the reaction from his new partner, Daggert. The man was right about getting off, and with a nod, he spoke up as well
"Thank you for that, Master Dreng. And indeed, is there anything else before we head off we should know of?"
Though not always one to rush into things, he was also realizing how impatient he was to prove himself to his comrades around him, a proving he could not do standing here.
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eddie Drood
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
Seriously, call Kenny Loggins because you're in the Danger Zone!
badge
M, as in Mancy
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Dreng shakes his head.

"There’s not much that can be said about the vault. It was reportedly used to store a portion of the family’s wealth and was ingeniously trapped when the Decklands fled Absalom. The family archives, where the documents should be stored, should be right next to the family crypt in the lower levels. Now, best you get going, they may be in the city as we speak!"
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Hadfield
Canada
St Andrews
New Brunswick
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Daggert reaches up and claps Synagas on the shoulder as they exit. Well, there's likely a few things you should know about us before we head off! Daggert jerks his thumb back at Celestin.

The tall chap there with the wickedly sharp rapier and even sharper wit is Celestin, our rogue extraordinaire... he's not big on traps mind you, but sneaks around plenty.

The lass decked out in leathers is Merisel, and she's wicked with that bow of hers, especially if you're shooting crates. It doesn't pay to be a crate when Mers is firing away.

The quiet halfling in the back is Flinder, and he's had his nose in books for the last week so I wouldn't be surprised if he pulls out a few new tricks, he's even got a new wand!


Daggert smiles and then looks seriously at Synagas.

Now the thing is we look out for each other here. We're a team, and we work together. Nobody's the boss here, though I've been known to hoot and holler in the midst of a battle, but you feel free to ignore me when that happens.

We'll look out for you, and you look out for us, and we'll all be just fine. How's that sound!
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
T'Leynti / Leonie
Netherlands
Oud-Beijerland
flag msg tools
Live long and prosper
badge
You proceed from a false assumption. I am a Vulcan. I have no ego to bruise.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
"Well spoken yes, I agree.”
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eddie Drood
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
Seriously, call Kenny Loggins because you're in the Danger Zone!
badge
M, as in Mancy
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
And with that, the newly formed party left the office, and headed out to equip themselves and prepare spells...

list any spell prep, and anything you might want to do before the group heads to the Eastgate district. As a reminder, the Grand Lodge is in the center of the Foreign Quarter.

 

4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
S H
United States
Hawaii
flag msg tools
mb
Synagas looks to Daggert, the hand on his shoulder obviously a little unsettling, but he does not comment on anything, instead listening to the man as he speaks of the party members. Eyes of such deep blue studying his new companions, taking note of how well the man beside him seem to know their little quirks. Hitting creates, not one for traps, and a bookworm, quite interesting, but told little of the man who did the speaking. A smile just passing his lips

"The best laid plans are lost upon the first swing of a sword. Independence is a wise course of action, but I do thank you for the quick introduction. It is an honor to be on this team of yours."

Walking from the room, Synagas made with the rest for the start of the journey, more than ready to have things start, especially if it meant causing problems for those he could not stand the most, the Cheliax.

Spells are as listed on my character sheet.
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eddie Drood
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
Seriously, call Kenny Loggins because you're in the Danger Zone!
badge
M, as in Mancy
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
The party makes ready and heads out into the familiar streets of the huge city of Absalom. It is a crisp clear fall day, and a pleasure to walk outside.

Moving quickly with the tide of travelers, tradesmen, cargo haulers, and a wide array of others, the crowd thins out a bit as they approach the more residential Eastgate district. A couple of orphans smile and wave as the group goes by a familiar street, and indeed most of the group recognize them from an earlier mission.

In a short time, the group approaches a quiet street of middle-class houses. On the corner is the red bricked Deckland home, blending well with everything around it. Looking closer, there only seems to be one window on the side of the square structure, and it is barred. A single heavy door on another side seems to be the only way in or out.
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Hadfield
Canada
St Andrews
New Brunswick
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Stepping forward to the brick house, Daggert attempts to peer in the window. Wiping his leaky eye, he looks for any signs of life within.

Perception 1d20-1 = (1) - 1 = 0

Heading towards the door he stops short and turns back to his companions. I seem to recall Dreng saying something about traps, anyone want to have a look at the door before I... knock?

Daggert begins shaking his legs loosely, and starts some easy stretching beside the building.
6 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 186499. MikeHadfield
  • 1d20-1 =
  • (1) - 1 =
  • 0
  • Perception
  • Wed Sep 26, 2012 3:16 am
Mike Hadfield
Canada
St Andrews
New Brunswick
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Anyone with a slightly higher perception than Daggert....
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
T'Leynti / Leonie
Netherlands
Oud-Beijerland
flag msg tools
Live long and prosper
badge
You proceed from a false assumption. I am a Vulcan. I have no ego to bruise.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Flinder thinks Daggert is wise to take precautions. Besides having a careful normal look Perception 1d20+2 = (4) + 2 = 6, he tries to see if there is anything magical about this place. Detect magic
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 187128. Narl
  • 1d20+2 =
  • (4) + 2 =
  • 6
  • Perception
  • Thu Sep 27, 2012 11:56 am
Eddie Drood
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
Seriously, call Kenny Loggins because you're in the Danger Zone!
badge
M, as in Mancy
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb

Flinder notes that the barred window is on the west side of the house, and the door is on the south side. There is no sign of anything magical.
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
S H
United States
Hawaii
flag msg tools
mb
Synagas took a slow look around, his eyes of sapphire blue scanning the door slowly before he took a look into the window. With years of being on the move, he felt confident on his ability to find danger, and felt sure that his 1d20+10 = (10) + 10 = 20 perception for any danger was solid. After checking inside, if he saw nothing, he would chant quickly to bring light inside.

If his perception finds nothing that might be a risk, like a person or animal inside, he casts light on any inanimate object her can see.

Apparently I do not know hot to do a proper roll. Not sure why it showed it like it did and wasn't just the number.
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 187178. maceman121
  • 1d20+10 =
  • (10) + 10 =
  • 20
  • Thu Sep 27, 2012 2:23 pm
T'Leynti / Leonie
Netherlands
Oud-Beijerland
flag msg tools
Live long and prosper
badge
You proceed from a false assumption. I am a Vulcan. I have no ego to bruise.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Way to go Synagas!
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eddie Drood
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
Seriously, call Kenny Loggins because you're in the Danger Zone!
badge
M, as in Mancy
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Synagas looks in the window, and sees a dimly lit room about 10 feet across and maybe 20 feet wide. There is dusty furniture in it, and a candle is lit on a table.

The voices of two men, apparently arguing about a card game, can be faintly heard from deeper in the house.

If you don't put anything in the comment section of the roll, that's what it looks like.

Still want to cast light?
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
S H
United States
Hawaii
flag msg tools
mb
Synagas pulls back from the window, turning to his compatriots as he did. Backing from the window, he let his compatriots think of what to do next with his information.

"Hey, sounds like we have a couple of guys in there. I heard two men, something about a card game cheat, but doesn't sound local. We should be able to get in past this door if we are quite enough.

Not casting light since there are people he can hear.

TESTING MY ROLL Just a test 1d10+10 = (5) + 10 = 15
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 187235. maceman121
  • 1d10+10 =
  • (5) + 10 =
  • 15
  • Just a test
  • Thu Sep 27, 2012 4:59 pm
1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [14] |